Young Writers Society

Mage's Halloween RP Party

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This is by no means an official thread, but argh, ye mateys! Captain Mage speaking. At the time of this post, there is only one day left until October starts - which means I'm allowed to start geeking out about Halloween. If you've been lurking in the Roleplay Realm since last year, you probably can guess where this is going.

October - and, more specifically Halloween - for me means a lot of spooky roleplays. I was just going to reboot a few ones from last year and add in a little extra plot, but I thought it would be cool to have a thread where anyone can scheme up a brand new Halloween-related roleplay.

So far, the ideas I'm toying with are kids trick-or-treating, characters turning into their costumes, a trip to a haunted house, and a party for monster characters. I don't know which ones I'll actually end up doing, but I'm definitely leaning towards the costume one and the trick-or-treating one.

Does anyone else have any spooky roleplay ideas up their sleeves?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:46 pm
View Likes
Icon says...

A human goes to Halloween High, a school full of all the spooky fun things, but then is immediately slapped in the face with the fact that everything they thought they knew about monsters is wrong, and they have to educate themselves about the cultures of this world, and discover what is and isn't real in order to avoid offending any of their new friends. Including a wAcKy cast of characters that help the MC along their way. (May or may not include dumb jock vampires)
‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽
Life is short.
Reality is an illusion.
Eat the spicy nuggets.

‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

-Previously IconspicuoslyAplacaing-

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

A "Halloween" theme, but instead of it being humans putting up decorations of scary Jack o'laterns, spider webs, or dressing as "monsters" (witches, werewolves, ghosts, etc), the Role play is set in an alternate reality where the "monsters" are normal, and put up scary "mundane" things like mini golf sets, etc or dress up as normal human jobs (so basically like if the Addams family was a whole neighbourhood, rather than just a weird "scary" family who are so opposite of "normal)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Oooh what about something like Toy Story but with halloween decorations? Where the decorations come to life? Idk ahaha
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@IconspicuoslyAlpacaing, I love that idea! It reminds me a little of @lulon's Dead Center roleplay, but with the added twist of there only being one human among many monsters instead of a few monsters among many humans. If you make that, I'd love to participate in it!

@ThePatchworkPilgrims, that sounds hilarious! I'm not sure if I would do it myself, but I love the subversion. It actually reminds me of this comic I saw on Tumblr a little while ago. :)

@Omnom, that sounds absolutely amazing and now I need to make a few new characters based on that premise! I hope you make that a reality because it's right up my alley.
mage

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:20 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Have had this idea for a while for a RP or SB, I think it has great potential. Here it is:

Just dinosaurs being dinosaurs. No dialogue. Just dinos.

This theme could also be adapted for a Christmas RP if it took place during the ice age.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@alliyah, that sounds amazing. But, would the dinos have human like thoughts (like "hmmmm. I think I'm in the mood for Gallimimus steak") or would even the thoughts be dino-esque (like "hungry. Eat tiny fast-run dinosaur")
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@alliyah, that would be a wonderful rp/sb!

...My first spooky idea for them was ghost dinosaurs, but now I'm facing the dilemma of if they're ghosts in the modern day or ghosts with other dinosaurs still alive and kicking. I'm also curious what a dinosaur ghost style haunting would involve. :P
mage

queer and here.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 pm
View Likes
Icon says...

@Magebird Well, now I actually sort of want to make it! It'd be kind of fitting for my first rp to be a spooky season thing I came up with on the fly
‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽
Life is short.
Reality is an illusion.
Eat the spicy nuggets.

‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

-Previously IconspicuoslyAplacaing-

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims dino's could have internal dialogue in dino-thought-form! I tried that style here The Land During Leather Pants but it could definitely be more chaotic.

Mage I love those ideas. I think ghost dinos encountering modern day things would be really funny potentially.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:19 am
View Likes
Carina says...

@IconspicuoslyAlpacaing Ohhh that idea sounds super fun!! If you end up making it, please tag me <3

BUT ALL THESE REALLY DO SOUND GREAT and now I can't think of an idea and am not sure if I will because I'd want to join all of them anyways and I-

@alliyah pls make this happen do you have any idea the chaos that I already have in mind..

T-Bone sniffed, smelling something delicious. MEAT. HE SMELLS MEAT. "ROAAAAAAR," he screamed, attacking the tiny creature next to him. "SCRATCBITSCRATCHBITEAOOARORORARAWWRRR."
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My first Halloween roleplay of the year is officially out! If you want to turn your character into their Halloween costume, come check out Becoming the Costume: Redux! It's actually a reboot of a roleplay I ran last year, but that version of it never got all that far.

The roleplay even has a fancy discussion topic to discuss the events of the roleplay, as well as scheme up some fun chaos. :)

And yes I just reposted my wall post about the roleplay. :P
mage

queer and here.

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher