46%

Total votes : 52

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

A few years ago, the site decided to rename a SB section to something entirely new. The old name for that section was Character Chit-Chat. After holding a poll to decide on a new name, YWS decided to call that section something you probably know very well now: the Roleplay Realm.

We'd like to something similar with The Double-Trouble Writing Huddle! The current name is a mouthful - even when using an acronym - and we'd love to find something that fits it better.

That's where you come in!

All you have to do is pick any of the names listed here. You're able to pick up to three if you love all of them, but try your best to narrow it down to a single choice.

On July 1st - just in time for Storybook Month - we'll tally the votes and rename the DTWH section! Make sure to vote in the poll before then. :)

Thank you in advance for your votes, and feel free to elaborate on why you like a specific name!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I forgot to add this in the original post, but here's the definition of what a DTWH thread is for anyone who isn't really sure:

DTWH (Double-Trouble Writing Huddle) threads are like roleplays on a smaller scale. As the name suggests, they're between two people. The posts tend to be on the smaller side, but they're the same as roleplaying when it comes to varying post lengths. When it comes to writing for other people's characters, the rules vary depending on the writers involved. Some posts may focus specifically on the actions of a single person's character(s), while others may be collaborated on by both people.
mage

queer and here.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:02 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

RD might get confused with Review Day. My vote is for RB!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:28 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright, personally, I like DTWH how it is. It’s unique and it sounds original compared to “role play” and “storybook”. Don’t get me wrong, those names are fine, but it’s nice to have something different.

I did vote though, as it is a definite change, so I voted Roleplay Buddies. It was the most different one out of all of them soooo

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:54 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I'm not very familiar with DTWH, but is it only for two-player SBs or do trios also frequent it?

EDIT: I basically voted for Roleplay Buddies since the name includes the idea of trios as well, which can still be an intimate group compared to SBs. I just don't know if that's a concern or not. XD If it's ONLY two writers, then I'd change my vote!
I make my own policies.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's currently only for two writers, @JabberHut, but I definitely see the potential for trios someday!
mage

queer and here.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I'm a bit worried my friend @ReviewBuddy and Roleplay Buddies could get confused; I was torn between Dual vs Duo, but also Roleplay Duos has the same initials as Review Day, so I voted for Dual Roleplays. :) either way they're all much less of a mouthful than DTWH! :] good luck to all the names!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I put in two votes - one for Roleplay Buddies and one for Roleplay Duos. Writing a dual roleplay could potentially be called dualing, which really fits the pirate/D&D theme we have going on in the section, but Roleplay Buddies and Roleplay Buddies roll off the tongue a little better!

Plus, both of them can be abbreviated in ways that don't necessarily match other - you can ask someone if they want to do a rp duo with you, or if they want to be your rp buddy.

Either way, I'm happy with whatever we end up settling on!
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:27 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

LOWKEY wishing I voted for Roleplay Buddies too because I didn't think about how Review Day could get confused w/Roleplay Duos lol
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The votes are in!

From this day forward, the Double-Trouble Writing Huddle will now be called Roleplay Duos!

Thank you for voting, everyone.
mage

queer and here.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman