z

Young Writers Society

Joining a storybook?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:43 am
View Likes
Cyvain87 says...

What is the best way to find a story book i am interested in and then finding out how to join said story book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Hey Cyvain! Sorry for such a late reply, but I wanted to answer your question!

One thing that’s helpful to note is storybooks that have little tags by them that say “accepting” or “closed!” Some people who make storybooks utelize those tags to let people know that their SB is open and looking for people or closed and full.

Honestly, the way I look for new storybooks is by looking at ones that one zero replies or one reply because that meants they either haven’t started yet or are just starting. Most storybooks have a first post that describes the premise of the story you’ll be hopping into to kind of give you an idea of where it’s be headed and what it’s about! If a storybook catches my attention I make sure to read that first post thoroughly and the go to the discussion topic (there should be a button in the upper righthand corner for a discussion topic when you click on a storybook) and let the person who nade the storybook know I’m interested in joining. From there I just make sure to hit the subscribe button for the discussion topic so I don’t miss their response! From there it’s just communicating in there about your character and the story!

If you have more questions I’m totally open to help out! Just @ my username so I get a notif!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

15 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:37 pm
View Likes
Cyvain87 says...

@soundofmind what does DT stand for on story book rested threads? I feel silly for not being able to work it out.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:44 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

It's alright, cyvain! Haha, DT is just an acronym for "Discussion Topic." We use a few acronyms around the storybook section just as shorthand, for those of us who've been doing it for a while! If you see the following, here's what they mean!

SB - short for Storybook
DT - short for Discussion Topic
CP - short for Character Profile
WFP - short for Writerfeed Pad, a part of the site where you can write in one document with other people all at once! You can access it in the top menu bar in the drop-down menu after you click "me."

Hopefully that helps clear up some confusion! And again, if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help! :)

15 Reviews

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 pm
View Likes
Cyvain87 says...

Thank you very much that has made things much clearer on the shorthand. I will certainly let you known if anything else comes up i get confused by. I appreciate the help.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:37 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

No problem at all!

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl