z

Young Writers Society

Untitled Lousy Superheroes Storybook

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:38 pm
ajruby12 says...

Mkay, so I semi-pitched this idea when I started writing my Realm of Lousy Characters short story, but here it is again. (Link here if you want to read it) The Realm of Lousy Characters, Intro Part 1

The basic concept is a collection of truly awful superheroes is pulled into a team to try and defeat a dastardly villain. These superheroes are likely very aware of their shortcomings in the interest and originality department. I've toyed with them being "sentient" characters, or characters that are aware that they are being written by different authors. We'll see if that works or not..
This storybook is intended to be humorous and fun. At the moment, I'm not entirely sure where I want to take it, but I would be very welcome to ideas.

I've never done a storybook before, so I have absolutely no idea if this is a workable storyline, but I would love to create something like this alongside all you brilliant brains out there.

Here's a short blurb that I wrote while working on this idea.

A dastardly shadow is looming over the city of Megapolis. News reports run nightly, full of thefts, murders, burgularies, and threats, and no one has been able to stop the villains who call themselves the Malevolents. The police have been scattered, barely able to protect the city from gangs, much less this new, much more dangerous threat. Every good citizen fears to walk the streets at night, afraid of encountering the mysterious, unpredictable masked figures.

This villainous threat has gone on for too long. The desperate cries of the innocent have roused the attention of a very special group of superheroes: the Mighty Metro Monitors.

Welcome to the world of Lousy Superheroes

Thoughts? Cries of abhoration? I welcome cheers and boos alike.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 pm
Lumi says...

I really, really think this would work well as a storybook! Our community is always up for something lighthearted and fun; and this seems to appeal to the action genre just as well. It also reminds me of a fun SB my friends and I used to run together called The Academy for Heroes-In-Training, which was similar, but school-based, and there were a lot of jokes based on the characters acknowledging being written or filmed while living their super-lives.

It was a great time and went on for six seasons/years.

Long story short, I totally think you should post it!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 pm
Mageheart says...

I'd love to be in a storybook like that!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

My existence is political. And love is my statement.
— Kevin Abstract