z

Young Writers Society

New story book!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 am
JustJasper says...

Hey everyone! I am thinking about starting a storybook and I am just wondering who else would be interested in working on it. The story is about a bunch of people that have had their memories wiped and wake up inside a bullet train as the only passengers. Each of them has a unique set of skills they are unaware of. They each have one supernatural power however it is incredibly difficult for them to use it. As they learn about who they are (memories come back very slowly) they realize that they are from another dimension and were sent to investigate the dimension they are currently in. However when they came to the new dimension they ripped a hole in reality causing the universe to slowly begin to decay. It is now up to them to save the other dimension and their own.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:30 pm
Europa says...

Hi, Ossie! If you want my advice, I'd put up a synopsis in the Storybook Forum. Tat's where it would most likely catch people's eye. If you need any help with that, chat or message me!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:39 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Sounds like fun! I'd be willing to try it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:18 pm
TheSilverFox says...

(um, I just want to point out that it would be a bad idea to move this to the Storybooks Forum, because this is what the General Storybook Discussion thread is for. It might not be perused as much, but the location is appropriate, and would not be if it was moved. Just saying.

And I probably have too many SBs on my hands, thanks to a recently returned SB mod *cough*Jhinx*cough*. The idea looks cool, but I probably won't be able to join. Best of luck though! May your Storybooking endeavors succeed! :D)
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:01 pm
Omni says...

Hola @Oswin1800! I actually agree with Foxy over here about one thing: this is the best place right now to put out ideas about possible Storybooks you might be wanting to make.

As for the idea, I'm a big stickler on plot xD I love worldbuilding and I love just making as many plot arcs as I can. So I have a few questions that I hope might help you out with this if you ever want to make it into a Storybook.

-Where's the location?
-Is it Earth or a fictional location?
-If it is fictional, what are the differences?
-What kind of supernatural powers can these characters have?
-How and why do they have them?
-How do they find out this is a different dimension, and what's different about the dimension that causes them to find out?

Those are just some questions ^^ it definitely sounds like a cool premise. I think you would have a few people interested in the SB forum. Best of luck <3
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:13 pm
JustJasper says...

Hey! I have started the storybook and DT it is called Breach in the Void. If anyone here is interested please go there.
I am still working out the story I made the description pretty vague so that you guys can make your characters however you want them with whatever powers (as long as they are not too easy for your character to use).
Before I decide anything I want to talk with the people who are wanting to write about what they think.
If you have any further questions please post them to the DT.

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
— LEGO Batman