z

Young Writers Society

Reverse PMD

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 pm
Poopsie says...

My characters going to be a walking cliche .-.

Sorry
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:08 pm
BrumalHunter says...

No problem, @Poopsie, just as long as you keep in mind the effects amnesia has on a person's personality. Clichés are sometimes necessary, if for no other reason than stability.

@TheSilverFox, you probably do, yes. Know that conversion in this SB will not be anywhere near as extravagant as in PMD, so subtle influence is the key. A diplomatic Achilles should be just as entertaining/refreshing as an amoral Heracles.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:16 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Poopsie, after much deliberation, I have decided your Cofagrigus will be Midas.

@Rydia, is it all right if your Golduck is female? Currently, only two of the seven Alphas are female.

@Carina, are you still interested in joining? I have decided to have the cast predetermined before I launch the SB, so I need to know whether you are, and if so, your choice of Pokémon and gender.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 pm
Poopsie says...

oh. So I cant be ajax the lesser?
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:21 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Poopsie, since Ajax the Lesser played little part in the Trojan War, the codename will only be "Ajax", i.e. Ajax the Greater. Also, the codename has to correspond to the character at least partially, so even just "Ajax" won't work.
— Paul the Apostle

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:36 pm
Carina says...

Oh, sorry! I thought I already replied. XD

When will the SB be launched?
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:16 am
Poopsie says...

fair enough I will be the man with the golden touch
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 am
BrumalHunter says...

@Poopsie, Cofagrigus is a golden sarcophagus, after all. ;)

@Carina, it will be launched anyhwere from March to April.
— Paul the Apostle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:51 pm
Rydia says...

@AstralHunter I'm happy for Golduck to be a female :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:20 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Excellent! @Rydia, I don't know much about your character, so I shall provide the remaining female codenames, then you can simply inform me of your choice.

Spoiler! :
♦ Andromeda
♦ Antigone
♦ Ariadne
♦ Atalanta
♦ Hermione
♦ Penelope
♦ Penthesilea

PS: Though Atalanta is still techinically an option, there is a very good reason for why hers is not a preferable codename. There will still be ample material for potential subplots, though, so you needn't worry about that. ;)

PS 2: @Carina, if you want a female character as well, you may also look at this list.
— Paul the Apostle

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:11 pm
Rydia says...

A tough choice! I like Andromeda for her connections to the sea but Ariadne's efforts to guide Theseus home are quite reminiscent of Golducks' tendencies to save drowning sailors.

I'm not sure which I favor so I'll let you decide! @AstralHunter
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:31 pm
Carina says...

Oh, oh... I know who I'm going to pick. A Jynx. :twisted: (I mean, can I? Even though she doesn't have an evolution?)

She won't be a character that can do a lot of damage, but rather someone who is on defense by using her manipulation lovey skills. Basically she'll be this big sassy flirt who calls everyone honey and sweetie.

This character sounds super fun to play, but March/April is still a bad time for me, and I know I won't be active because urgh finals. D: I'll only really be active around spring break in March. Would it be possible if I start late? I'll definitely be available in May.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

293 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:06 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Of course you may have a Jynx, @Carina! It is the highest evolutionary stage in its line, so it's allowed - and it happens to be original and unclaimed. And if you start late, that is fine too. In fact, I could introduce your character as an NPC (like a Beta), and then the Alphas persuade your character to join. Besides, about fifty percent of the NPCs can be converted, and since many of them will have offensive capabilities, you don't have to stress about that. As long as you reserve, there will be a spot open for you. (Do you have a codename in mind?)

Ah, that is a tough choice, @Rydia. Your character will undoubtedly know either the NPCs codenamed Perseus or Theseus, respectively. I think I'll dub her Ariadne, due to her elevated status as Dionysus' bride. (Besides, she helps a hero, whereas Andromeda is saved by one.)
— Paul the Apostle

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:07 pm
Carina says...

That sounds great! :D I'll definitely reserve a spot then, and come in as soon as school is done. (Also, derp, I forgot Jynx evolves from Smoochum. My Pokemon facts are a little rusty. xD)

Out of the list, I think Andromeda would best suit my character the most. I didn't read too much about the myth, but it seems like a "rescue this pretty damsel from distress" story, which may possibly happen to Jynx if her manipulations fail. :P

However, if there are any code names available that tie into Aphrodite-ish stories that include seducing and tempting, that may be more relevant and interesting. Jynx will definitely be very shady, and maybe some people will think she's evil, but nah, she still has a heart.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

293 Reviews

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:38 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Carina, then Andromeda will be your Jynx's codename! Oh, but even if Jynx didn't receive a baby stage, she'd still be allowed. Absol and Druddigon are, after all. But if she is on the sinister side, then starting out as a Beta/Gamma and being converted would work excellently.

And with that said, there are now only twenty-six codenames left. I have twenty-nine candidates, but before I proceed, I'd just like to ask for your opinions: are there any Pokémon in particular that you feel deserve a codename? If so, please say so, but you may only name three. Keep in mind, nominating a Pokémon could secure them a spot in the plot or increase their importance, so choose with care. Just don't nominate a Pseudo-Legendary or other famous Pokémon, like Ditto or Zoroark, since that would be a wasted vote.
— Paul the Apostle

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight