Young Writers Society

The Sixth Academy For Heroes-In-Training [Advert]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:30 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

A letter from the office of Diana Prince, resigning headmistress of The Academy:

Academy's 39th Teaching Year

In our thirty-nine years of operation, we at The Academy have learned many lessons, fought many battles, and conquered every enemy but Lex Luthor himself. (Pause for laughter.)

This is a good moment to mention that Diana wrote this as a speech. Bear with me.

Lots of memorable faces have come and gone through those years, and last year we saw our highest enrollment in history. However, it is the decision of the board that, due to limited funds, we will only be accepting 8 students into each class. In addition, the film crews have decided to follow the Second Year class this year, which is quite exciting, as it will be our first glimpse into the Second year at The Academy. If I may quote the director of film studies, "We're just really [censored] tired of studying Freshmen. Our best project was when we followed the Senior class, and we want to expand on that."

In addition to our study of the Second Year class, we have many openings on our staff this year. This is likely the reason that those of you who are graduates of The Academy are receiving this message. Please see the form below for open positions.

My final announcement is my successor as Headmaster. After much deliberation, I have chosen Brianna Stark as your new Headmistress.

Please take care of The Academy. She is quite precious, and most often feels as though she has a life of her own. I look forward to watching this air on television! You are not just students and teachers - you are an experience. Be sure that you're a good one.

You are not necessarily a student at The Academy. That said, it is very likely that you are. This year, we are accepting eight students into the documentary. Those who have previously qualified as Sophomores are:
@chibibo, @Nutty, @Lauren2010, @StellaThomas, @Tortwag, @Lumi, @Jolt, @Hannah

All other applicants will be considered upon application day (May 1st). If you choose to enroll a student, your application is pre-approved (and there is no application fee for you [that you can see, at least]).

Those who qualify to enlist as a staff member:
@chibibo, @Nutty, @Lauren2010, @StellaThomas, @Jolt, @Rosendorn

The film crew will follow select staff members in addition to Second Years. You may prepare for your May 1st application below and pre-apply if you so desire.

Students
1. Evatt Elric
2. Evoltrik
3. Tanya "Blurryface" Pryde-Rasputin
4. Greyson

Faculty
0. Brianna Stark
1. Addy Ellis
2. Will West
3. Will McCoy
4. Alexei

(Claim what you want below)
-The School Board
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:08 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Second year students? Does that imply that those in that category can re-introduce the characters they had last year of the Academy? Or do they have (assuming that they're allowed to participate again) to create new ones (whichisnotaproblematall)?
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 pm
Lumi says...

It means that you had a character in The Fifth Academy and they proceeded to the next year of education. Meaning Evoltrik for you.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Fair enough. Welp, that's one more character you can add to the list of second years then! Totally claiming him to join this, if possible.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:47 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

You know I can't say no to playing Bri again.
Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Brianna Stark may have convinced her long-time best friend, the always-sunny Adelaide Ellis to come out of retirement (or rather, training in the Russian Academy of Ballet in the hopes of making it onto the Corps one day) to come back and be a hero, and teach Agility/Gymnastics/Martial Arts.

[aka @Lauren2010 may have convinced me there could be hot chocolate involved]
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:01 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

@StellaThomas and @Lauren2010 --> Y'all make it hard to choose between running with Evatt and bringing Will back as Mission Director.

AND HE COULD TOTES PROPOSE TO BRI ON HER CORONATION DAY.

...I hate you both. @Rosendorn HELP.
-Shinji Moon

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

@Lumi you either get Dove or a smooth talking player with knife throwing and explosive powers ;P
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Addy will be taking on the position of Headmistress Stark's Zen coach. Also she'll be running yoga and mindfulness sessions as a form of detention for students who need to control their tempers/attitudes.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

One last stab at this, try to actually make a worthwhile character.

Name: Greyson

Lineage: Ares

Powers: Super strength, strategist, natural with a sword, spear, or hand-to-hand combat.

Friends: None, just coming to the school.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 pm
Lumi says...

Approved, though we are going to emphasize the demi part of demi-god. And since Academy students come from comics, cartoons, anime, video games, I'm assuming he's from a franchise that involves Ares...like Disney's Hercules.
-Shinji Moon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

I'd like to reserve a spot for Alexei, son of Mephisto and second year student/Deputy Director of Parks and Recreation.

I can't actually post until June though, so feel free to NPC him around in the background until then?
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green