z

Young Writers Society

The Looking Glass

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:08 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Greetings, my fellow YWSers! I bring to you a SB proposition which might become a great, action filled tale, but only with your help.
Ok, so here's the idea:

Imagine that you sign up for a human behavior assessment, and asked to drop everything and go to Washington DC for the final part of this assessment. Here you meet 6 other people, some of which you might know, others not.
A scientist then instructs you to connect with your inner self, and then (without your knowing at first) sends you to a parallel universe.
The 7of you find a letter on a table, bearing instructions on how to return to your own universe. The only way to do that, is to find your alter self,convince them to help you, and find the 4 parts of the portal.
The scientist alter self also provide four cryptic clues as to where the parts can be found,but warn the 7 that they only have 84 days before the natural rift closes and the portal thus becomes useless. Furthermore, the universe seeks to restore balance, and will try and get rid of you (and your alternate self) through any means at its disposal (earthquakes, tornadoes, plagues, etc).

Now, finding your alternate self would be easy (after all the 7 all come from either Miami, NYC, or Chicago [the other city is Washington DC, where you start], but making sure all 7 of you, and your alters stay alive, finding the 4 parts, AND all in the span of 84 days will be a challenge.

This is just a rough sketch of my idea, and I would love having a group of devoted and enthusiastic SBers by my side. Please pm me to request a slot (only 5 still available). Note that each of the members will have 2 characters, themselves and their alternate selves.

Spoiler! :
@Omni, @AstralHunter, @Lumi, @Wolfare1, @Wolfie36, @15253
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie