z

Young Writers Society

Adopt a Storybook

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Hi, guys! Traunt here to open up this fabulous opportunity for you SBers out there. If you don't know what an SB (Storybook) is, read here: All you need to know about a Storybook.

This is here to post an SB idea you have, but don't have the time for. So someone else can adopt!

I'm here to tell you about this wonderful thread which allows you to throw ideas around about SBs.

But I don't quite understand...

Don't worry! I shall explain.
If you want to talk about an idea you had for a Storybook, you just need to pop onto here and explain it in detail. For example, there are different types of storybooks. Some (as explained in the FQA) allow you to create your own characters and some don't. But you also have to be specific as to what you want the User to put in the Profile depending on the plot of the SB.

The Genre of the SB?

You can put any. Romance, Sci-fi, Dystopian, Realistic, Action, Adventure. Then you have Subgenres, such as Outer space/aliens, Werewolves, Vampires, Futuristic. Please try to give us a clear clue.

The Plot

You have to explain in great detail what is going on in this world you have created. Tell us what is happening, what has happened and what (without giving it all away) you want to happen. Practically a summary.

Character Profile Sheet

Don't ask people to post their profiles on here because this is just throwing ideas around. But giving readers a clue as to the features of a character is what we want to see. It will really help to lay out the foundations of your world.

How do I adopt an SB?

Simply tag someone by typing in "@UserName" and request politely if you could take over the SB. Don't be rude by saying you like the idea and claim it as your own. No, please ask and use a simple "please may I". The simplest things in life get you very far. And don't just assume you can have the SB after asking. Wait for "the all clear", or a "yes" and off you go! You can even ask the User if they would like to oversee or help manage the SB from time to time.

And don't forget to have fun!

Thank you for reading! Please post. And don't be afraid to share numerous ideas. The more, the merrier!

@Judas
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:43 am
View Likes
elysian says...

*trembles in seat* :D
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Cowboys vs. Gladiators
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

(The Gladiators are at an obvious disadvantage)
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Just to let you know, @IamTraunt, you actually tagged a user in your post unintentionally! :P There is a user by the name of UserName
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

254 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:32 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Oh xD oops. Thanks for letting me know @r4p17
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

254 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Up for adoption!

Genre:

Science-Fiction/supernatural.
Sub: Action.

Plot:

"Hello, child.
Don't be afraid. You are one of the gifted. You have been given extraordinary powers to purify mankind of their trespasses. Together, we can rule the world. There will be peace, security, and no boundaries. The Earth will be finally a tranquil place.
But first, we need to defeat ones who have been given these powers of yours and used them for their own selfish gain. They cause destruction and pain. They must be stopped.

Welcome to... The Angelics.

I am Father Jonas. I will protect you. You will stay with me at your new home, what we like to call "The Haven". But to others it is just a mere orphanage. You mustn't contact family or friends. We will be your family. We will be your friends. And we will train you to be a proper Angel, to diminish evil so good can triumph.

Are you willing to take on that responsibility?"

You are either a:

Seraph

Ability: You have large wings that are almost impossible to hide. The span is at least 3 meters wide. You can fly.
Weakness: These giant wings often have a large strain on your back so you cannot fly for more than an hour at a time.

Cherub

Ability: To give them "the touch of love". You can either make someone love you or make two people love each other.
Weakness: You have to have skin on skin contact.

Nephilim

Ability: You are tremendously tall, towering over people at a height of 6"5 or more. You are incredibly strong.
Weakness: You stand out like a sore thumb because you are so tall.

Fallen Angel

There are two types of Fallen Angels. These are ones who have turned evil or have lost their abilities. But we will discuss the evil type first.

Evil

Ability: You can turn people to stone and disguise yourself as a stone figure too.
Weakness: You will eventually lose your powers. This is called "depowered".

Insane

As a Fallen Angel who have lost your powers, you eventually go insane because you have lost your "grace".

Character Profile page:

Code: Select all
[bebas]Type of Angel:[/bebas]

[bebas]Character's code name:[/bebas]

[bebas]Character's age:[/bebas] (From 15-19)

[bebas]Character's motto/saying:[/bebas]

[bebas]Character's appearance:[/bebas] (include picture)

[bebas]Character's habits/fetishes:[/bebas]

[bebas]Character's personality:[/bebas]

[bebas]Character's love status:[/bebas] (Single and up for love, in a relationship; ect)

[bebas]Other things to know:[/bebas]
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red