z

Young Writers Society

Help with SB, please :) ( Mistmantle Chronicles )

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:11 pm
queenofscience says...

I would like help with starting an SB, due to the amount of writing etc.

I am wanting my SB to be based off of The Mistmantle Chronicles by M.I. McAllister. This series revolves around an Island called Mistmantle which is surrounded by mist. Red squirrels ( think about the European red squirrel ), moles,otters, and hedgehogs inhabit Mistmantle. there is king and queen of Mistmantle and there are other islands such as Whitewings and Ashfire.

I need help with just starting it and explaining things about the world, charcters etc, so that I can get things right, but of course, I going to allow room for changes such as alowing to have your character be a different species, for instance, but nothing crazy.

I really, would like help, please, thanks :)
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:12 pm
Caesar says...

hi hello

for future reference, we have a forum dedicated to sb-related questions, the general storybook discussion.

I haven't read the series, but you could try explaining it in a very straightforward fashion? Say it's based off that book, and there are islands named x, and sentient animals inhabit those islands. You'll want to tell them they can take other species, and possibly provide a starting point for the story, and you're set!
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman