z

Young Writers Society

Team/FUF

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:33 pm
Sassafras says...

So far the title is "Team" and I don't know why because that doesn't have much relevance to the plot.. I'm pretty sure there's some better title but my brain refuses to let me think of another one. So... Team.

So there's this disease that spreads like the chicken pox, meaning among younger children/teen, but instead of making you itch it rots your brain and slowly drives you insane. Usually pre-teens contract the virus, around 13, but sometimes younger children do catch it. But whatever, anyway the government is a hierocracy run by the head priest whose name is Alexander. Yeah. Sure. And instead of getting the diseased kids help he just declares the disease a curse from Satan and sentences all those afflicted to death.

So some years back this group formed and their goal was to get all diseased people into a place where they could live out the last of their life in peace. Originally this group was nothing more than that, just a sanctuary for the sick. They'd crash the executions and take the kids away, or the kids would seek them out if they could escape inspections in time when they found out. The disease is usually characterized by a darkening of your eyes, the whites and the iris. The longer you have the disease the darker your eyes get.

Lately though, no one has heard much of them. They've disappeared but now they're back and this time their goal is to overrun the government and demand their homes back and help. They're gearing up for war.

And that's the basic idea. We'd be playing kids on the island where the organization - still unnamed - has its base. It's far out and secluded so no one can find them. Three people can start out on the island and the rest would be newcomers. The three starters would be "The Doctor", "The Trainer", and the person who leads the rescue/raid missions into town.

The Doctor just manages the medicine and keeps tabs on how sick people are getting. They're in control of managing the sicker people. Some people ask to die and some ask to be put in the cave once their eyes go full black. The cave is for those gone full insane and they're put there for the protection of others. Usually people just ask to die.

The Trainer is gearing up the healthier people for war. Pretty self explanatory. They usually accompany the leader on the more risky raid missions.

And The Leader organizes and preforms the raids and rescue missions. He also controls things on the island. General leader like things.

The three leaders here are 17-18 but the newcomers can be any age under 19.

Alrighty, I'm either gonna polish this idea and make it a SB or I'll bring this back.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:35 pm
Iggy says...

I already claimed the Doctor <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:40 pm
Sassafras says...

Very true. So there's The Trainer and about 5-6 newcomers and people that are already on the island.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06 pm
Shadowlight says...

WOuld the Doctor/Trainer/Leader all have this disease too? Or are they immune to it? I wouldn't mind being either of the ones Iggy hasn't claimed... xD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:10 pm
Sassafras says...

Everyone on the island is sick.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 pm
Shadowlight says...

ooooh- I am LOVING THIS IDEA
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:40 pm
crossroads says...

FUF O:

I miss Angel so much. Please don't revive that until I have more time xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 pm
Sassafras says...

xD You've got it, Aria.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss