z

Young Writers Society

Summer Lovin' - Started - Closed :)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Summer Lovin'

You're driving down the road, the windows rolled down, the music blaring. School just let out, and now it's FINALLY summer time; it's FINALLY time to go back to the summer house!!!

Dani, Stella, Shannon, and Marie have been friends since high school. You? You guys are their children, and you've known each other since you were born. You live in different areas, but every summer you come back to North Carolina - you come back home. You, your siblings, your friends, your moms (no dads allowed, of course!!!) Have fun :)

I have done the storybook before, so this is a revival. I absolutely love it and it is a lot of fun! If you have participated in this before, feel free to use your old charries :D If you haven't participated before, please feel free to! I look forward to writing with you all :D

About the moms:
Spoiler! :
Dani Conner lives with her husband, Michael, and children in New York City. Dani is an artist and Michael a professional photographer, and are very "you are who you are, do what you want" kind of people, as well as parents.

Stella Anderson lives with her husband Nate and kids in Chicago. They're really big with sports, and try to push their kids to do their very best and reach their fullest potential (best schools, best grades, star players, etc....) Stella loves her children to death, and often gets into fights with her husband about him pushing them too hard with sports and trying to insure their popularity

Shannon O'Malley lives with her children in Ireland. Her husband Martin passed away four years ago with his brother, Lakeland, in a car accident. One of her children is adopted, and they may or may not know it yet (you decide!) Shannon is tired quite often, seeing that she's a teacher by day and works at a bar by night. She has raised her children to be who they are, but be respectful, follow their moral code, and follow their heart.

Marie Dumas lives with her children and her second husband, Leon, in California. Her and her husband Todd Whells got a divorce fourteen years ago, but he is of course still very involved with Marie and with the kids. Some of the kids may belong to Todd, some may belong to Leon - you decide (keeping in mind that Leon's kids would have to be fourteen and under)! Leon is always away on business, and Marie is a stay at home mom who devotes herself whole heartedly to her kids.

The house
Spoiler! :
The house is rather large, resting right by the beach. It is equipped with an outdoor pool, a sunroom, a pool room (as in billiards), and the sort in addition to the standard dining room (which is rarely used), living room, bedrooms, and kitchen. Some children share rooms, some do not. The mothers share two rooms conjoined by a bathroom. There are two other bathrooms in the house as well as a shower outside to rinse off sand.

Templates
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Parents:[/b]
[b]Age (keep it under 20):[/b]
[b]Appearance (preferably with a picture :D)[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes/Hobbies:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

*Remember that siblings will look somewhat similar....except for maybe the adopted one if you want xD. Also, make sure their names for together, you know? Like we don't want Charlie and Pedro to be siblings....hahaha. I will post pictures of the mothers based off of the kids :D Please join! Have fun!*

SLOTS :D
You MAY reserve spots, but only if you get the profile in in a timely manner :D Please post characters in the side bar :D Please keep the gender ratio relatively even :D
Spoiler! :
Dani's Kids:
1. Tyler - M - 18 - LordGreenleaf
2. Elizabeth - F - 17 - TaylorLove
3. Ira - M - 17 - Liv
4. Michelle - F - 12 - kat

Stella's Kids:
1. P.J. - M - 17 - TinyJar
2. Hayden - F - 17 - TinyJar
3. Katrina - F - 16 - pandabear
4. Verine - F - 15 - Kanome

Shannon's Kids:
1. Lakeland - M - 18 - fictionfanatic
2. Opal - F - 17 - fictionfanatic

Marie's Kids:
1. Christian - M - 17 - shinethroughthedark
2. Casey - F - 17 - thelostone

If you have any questions, complaints, requests, suggestions, etc., feel free to send a PM to me, fictionfanatic, or to TaylorLove, as she will be co-running this with me :D
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Aaaaand we're STARTING :D

Opal

My leg bounced up and down uncontrollably as I waited, sitting on the top step of the porch looking out in to the street. We were the first ones to arrive, Shannon and myself, and I could easily hear the sound of Lakeland's motorcycle approaching.

"Mom!" I called in to the house, "When are they supposed to get here?"

"They should be here any min-" she started, only to be cut off by the honking of a horn as someone pulled in to the driveway beside our car, Lakeland ushering in behind them.

My mom was out in a flash, the screen door slamming shut as she ran passed me to the car and began squealing as our moms tend to do when they see each other for the first time in the summer.

Unable to sit and wait any longer I pushed myself up and, wiping off the back of my shorts, peered in to the car to see who had arrived.

Lakeland

The sound of my motorcycle ripped through the air as I went well passed the legal speed limit in my attempt to catch up with my mom and Opal. I had lost them a few miles back when I got stuck at a traffic light they had managed to get through, so I was trying to make up for the lost distance.

The more familiar my surroundings became, however, the more I slowed down - my mom would have my bike thrown in a junkyard if she caught me speeding on it. After my accident I had to fight her tooth and nail just to keep it, though I'm pretty sure one of the reasons she agreed was so that I wouldn't react to myself getting worked up. I had to reteach myself how to ride and add a car for Lola, but it was worth it. I've never felt as alive anywhere else as I did on my bike.

I couldn't help but smile to myself as I turned, now well under the speed limit, into the street the house was on. However, when I neared the driveway I saw another car turning in to it already. Teasingly, I revved the engine of my motorcycle at them, smiling to myself.

Upon my own entrance into the driveway I suddenly became painfully aware of each and every mark on my body that hadn't been there last summer. No one had seen me since before the accident, as we lived too far to visit and I had been much too busy with healing, physical therapy, and reteaching myself how to do the things I love to video chat with anyone.

So worried about how everyone would react, I didn't even notice the person who had come up beside me until Lola began barking at them.

"Lola!" I spoke harshly, earning a sigh in return as she slumped down in her car and stared up to me sadly, waiting for me to open the door to let her out.

Shutting off the bike, opting to leave my helmet on for now, I turned to face whoever had come over to greet me, excited to finally start this summer after such a rough year.

*Can be anyone, dearies xD*
Live, Love, Laugh

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:36 pm
NicoleBri says...

Katrina Anderson

"Almost there, almost there." I told myself. It felt like hours and hours just sitting here. "We're here." Mom said pulling to a stop by a motorcycle. We all rushed out, the first person I saw was Lakeland. I walked up to him and as he turned I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

He laughed as we almost fell over, I guess I caught him a little off guard. I move away and give us space. "Hey there Kat!" He finally said. I begin to walk up the drive way to go inside and put my stuff in a room. I think Verine and I were going to share rooms because her stuff was there too.

I had always had a crush on lakeland but never told him, it would have made things awkward especially if he didn't like me back which I knew he didn't. I smiled to myself as I laid across the bed. A few mins later I passed out.

"Katrina come see everyone!" I heard my mom yell. I was excited to see them after a whole year. Nothing could ruin this for me!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:17 pm
LordGreenleaf says...

Tyler Conners

Our car pulled into the driveway and Michelle and Elizabeth screamed and raced out before it had even stopped. I turned to Ira who was sitting next to me and grinned.

"Let's get this show on the road, eh?" I said as we got out of the car. Chaos, so many people. Katrina came running up and gave me a hug and I smiled, we'd always been good friends. Lakeland was there as well and was just propping his bike up against the wall.

"How's it going?" I asked, walking over towards him. He turned around and grinned.

"Tyler! Long time no see! It's going alright, you?" Lakeland said. I noticed a scar on his face and shuddered, it was nearly exactly like mine.

"Yeah I'm good. The bike looks great, you been riding it?" I asked, shoving my hands in my pockets. A shadow passed over his face for a minute and his hand reached up to his scar.

"Yeah, yeah, it's been great. How about you?" Lakeland asked, his usual smile coming back.

"Ahhh... Long story mate. Mum took the bike after some stuff happened." I said softly. Lakeland looked at me and nodded as if he understood.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:47 pm
kat13254 says...

Michelle Conners
When we get there me and Elizabeth run out of the car before it's even stopped. I haven't seen everyone one in so long, but being the youngest doesn't help. Everyone treats me like I'm a little kid. I don't like it! I also don't like how my boyfriend broke up with me on the last day of school! I'm not very happy but I will at least act happy, I mean not everything is bad.

I don't think everyone is here yet. We're missing about half of everyone. Also even when everyone is here it's crowded and I'm the youngest! I have no one here the same age as me!

"Hi!"

"Hello, little one!" Says Opal.

"Stop calling me that! I hate it!"

"OK fine. I might stop."

I'm already annoyed enough. I just walk away not caring if I offended her or not. I'm not in the mood to be called little one right now. My get away is my room. I usually don't share with anyone because I'm at least 3 years younger than everyone. I hope that doesn't change this year.

When I walk in there it seems so far I'm alone. Everyone hasn't showed up yet so there's always that possibility of me sharing my room. There is an uneven number of girls (7) and guys. There's always the two with there own rooms. I still hope I'm by myself. I hate sharing! I mean I HATE sharing rooms with people older then me especially when I'm seen as the baby at the house.

I finally get called down after awhile when more people show up. I just ignore my mom. I just want to stay up here and enjoy my music. Finally after awhile someone comes up to get me (Or someone could be sharing a room. I'm leaving it open for anyone! :) )
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:23 am
Liv says...

Ira

I couldn't believe we were finally here. Here, the place I turned down my other friends for, the place I spent my summers, the home away from home for all of us. We were finally here. The moment we stepped out of the car our moms were screaming, as well as all the rest of the girls. Well, most of them.

After pulling the bags out from the trunk and setting them on the ground and made my way over to Tyler and Lakeland.

Grabbing Tyler's shoulder, I smiled, "Hey g-guys."

I switched my gaze to Lakeland, who now stood with his helmet in his hands. His hair was disheveled from his helmet and a new scar trailed the side of his face, just barely missing his eyes and scaring all the way down even to his mouth.

"L-Lakeland," I teased with a stutter, "I di-didn't know y-you could get any u-uglier."

In a flash he turned me around and his arm was around my neck in a playful chokehold while he laughed, "And I'm still more handsome than you, Ira!"

Pushing his arms away, I couldn't help but laugh as I questioned, "You s-sure that sc-scar missed y-y-your eye? Because you m-must be bl-b-blind!"

The there of us erupted in laughter and Lakeland leaned to the side of his bike, releasing a large German Shepard. The Shepard jumped out immediately and began sniffing.

"You got a dog, man?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, we did," Lakeland replied, patting his leg to get the dog to come back over to him, "I couldn't bare to leave her back home. Her name is Lola - we go everywhere together now."

The sound of tires against gravel turned our attention to the newest people to arrive.

84 Reviews

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 am
fictionfanatic says...

Lakeland

I went off to the side after Katrina greeted me, only to have Tyler follow me. We had always been great friends, though, and we now had more in common than before.

"How's it going?" Tyler's voice sounded as I pulled off my helmet and turned to face him.

"Tyler! Long time no see! It's going alright, you?" I said, looking in to the face that my own now mirrored.

"Yeah I'm good. The bike looks great, you been riding it?" He asked, shoving his hands in to his pockets awkwardly. I could tell it was a shock, that it was uncomfortable. My accident changed a lot, I thought to myself as I reached up to my scar marred face, I probably should keep a shirt on when swimming for a while, or at least until they get used to the other scars. The one over my heart would probably just make them freak out.

"Yeah, yeah, it's been great. How about you?" I finally said, pulling myself out of my pity party.

"Ahhh... Long story mate. Mum took the bike after some stuff happened." Tyler said lowly, which I could only nod in response to. If anyone understood that it would be me.

"Hey g-guys," interrupted a voice that could only belong to Ira.

When Ira looked over to me his brows furrowed, and in a way that only Ira would he said, "L-Lakeland, I di-didn't know y-you could get any u-uglier."

Rolling my eyes, I couldn't help but crack up laughing as I grabbed him in a chokehold. Ira could always manage to lighten the mood like that.

With my arm around his neck, I taunted in response, "And I'm still more handsome than you, Ira!"

He pushed me away and shot back with a sarcastic, "You s-sure that sc-scar missed y-y-your eye? Because you m-must be bl-b-blind!"

Leave it to Ira - we couldn't help but laugh, even me! Still shaking with laughter, I leaned over to Lola's car to let her out. Upon the door's opening, she jumped out and began sniffing the new land.

"You got a dog, man?" Tyler asked, watching Lola wander.

"Yeah, we did," I replied deliberately with we, patting my leg to get Lola to come - she was still a puppy, so being to a new country was strange to her, "I couldn't bare to leave her back home," I lied, purposely not mentioning that I technically couldn't leave her home, "Her name is Lola - we go everywhere together now."

After a pause I questioned, "So where's that sister of yours? Where's Liz??" However, the newest car pulling up distracted them from my question. I wasn't sure how I felt about that, not seeing her yet I mean. We were good friends, but I knew she couldn't pull off a reaction like Tyler or Ira.

"Hey guys!" Katrina called, bounding out of the house and over to us. We had had only a brief hello earlier, and I'd had my helmet on.

This was going to be a long day.
Live, Love, Laugh

51 Reviews

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:02 am
LordGreenleaf says...

Tyler Conners

Nearly everyone was here I was pretty sure. I saw P.J and Lakeland talking and smiled as I saw P.J's goalie gloves sticking out of his back pocket.

I went into the house to put my stuff down and get a drink and as I was walking in I bumped into Opal. I felt my heart hammer in my chest as I helped her up. Opal was beautiful, with long dark hair, olive skin and clear intelligent eyes. I'd had a crush on her since I was 12 but we barely talked to each other.

"Sorry, sorry, are you alright?" I said, pulling a hand through my hair. Opal smiled.

"Yeah I'm fine. It's Tyler right?" She said. I laughed.

"Yep." I said. She smiled again.

"Well, see you round." Opal said and walked off. I watched her walk off, my heart still hammering and a stupid grin on my face.

Maybe I still had a crush on Opal.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:19 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

P.J.

I drove down the road going way over the speed limit as Hayden sung loudly along with the radio.

"Come on Peej, I know you know the words." She teased with a wink.

I sighed and sang along to the annoying Katy Perry song making Hayden giggle and sing even louder than before. We had decided to drive down in our own car because when you put us four kids in a car for two hours, it doesn't end without tears and a mad mom.

"I wonder if the guys would go boarding with me," Hayden wondered aloud just after the song ended.

"I don't know, you'll find out though in about ten seconds." I replied pulling into the drive way.

Hayden squealed and jumped out of the car to be hugged by all the girls first and then from the boys. I followed her in carrying our bags and then meeting up the others as well.

"Dude, you didn't tell me your sister got so hot." Tyler said after hugging me.

"Piss off," I replied punching him lightly in the shoulder.

I greeted the other guys and joined their little circle around Lakelands bike. Katrina soon bounced over completely ignoring me, little sister huh. I noticed her being ignored by the guys so I sent her go get Liz and Hayden.

Hayden

My heart almost stopped when I saw the house again. I grabbed my board out of the back seat and BAM, I was out hugging the girls. I moved onto hugging the guys and I had to admit, they had all gotten pretty attractive. I waved good bye to them as Peej followed up behind me with the bags.

I ran into the house breathing in the amazing smell of sea salt and sweat. I sat down on one of the overstuffed couches and noticed Tyler and Opal chatting it up. I watched as Tyler flirted, or attempted to flirt, with her and Opal replying each time with an embarrassed blush. Classic Tyler.

"Hey Hayden," Katrina said stepping in front of my view of the soap opera that was happening, "PJ wants you outside."

I shrugged and stepped onto my penny board and rolled outside, jumping skillfully down the stairs. I kicked up the board and caught in my hands before approaching the guys.

"Hey, what's up," I said leaning against the wall.

The guys shrugged and I noticed Peej fiddling with his gloves obviously nervous. I nudged him and he snapped up. I smiled at Ira as he gave me a cute little smirk back.

"Lakeland, I think Liz is inside if you want to go find her," I said with a wink.

He nodded and left running inside to find her.

"Y-you look n-nice," Ira said to me.

"Thank you, you looking rather cute yourself mister." I replied poking his shoulder.

"So uhm," PJ said with a cough, "I think I'm going to go surfing, if you want to come."

I nodded and smiled at Ira one last time. "I'll catch up with later."
Last edited by TinyJarStoredDreams on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:48 pm
NicoleBri says...

Katrina Anderson

After telling Hayden that our brother wanted her outside I decided to go get my bikini on and walk out to the beach. Feeling the summer sun felt great. I smiled as I passed everyone as I walked by. They were my friends so who cared what they thought. My towel was folded up in my arms as I was thinking wreather or not to sun bathe or swim first.

By the time I got out to the water I just wanted to sit on my towel and watch the waves to have some time to myself to think about my plans for the summer. The waves has lookes amazing and before long I heard some people walking up but didn't bother to turn around. By the sounds of it, well it had to be P.J. and Hayden. I felt left out sometimes when I was around them, before they decided to come talk to me I ran and jumped into the water.

"So cold!" I mutter under my breath. My brother and sister had surf boards so they must be trying to surf. The thing about being siblings with them is that they got to do everything and always learn new things. I on the other hand had to many things I had to do for school so never had time to really have fun except for summers.

I sighed and took a little swim before getting out and walking back.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:04 pm
kat13254 says...

Michelle
After awhile of just sitting here I finally decide to get my bathing suit on and go swimming. It's not my perfect summer plans but It'll do. I will have to face everyone and be the little baby again, but at least I'll get to swim!

When I get down there half the people are surfing, some are swimming, like me! Then there are other who are just sunbathing on the sand. I just want to ignore everyone and most people who are just ignoring me because I don't look happy. I'm really not, but the water is a little cold but nice at the same time. Some people still aren't here. I want to see everyone but I don't. While I'm swimming I don't realize it but I go out too deep while I'm lost in thought, and I can't swim! I start drowning and hopefully someone notices me!

"Help!!!"

After what it seems to be 1-3 minutes Somme one finally grabs me. I don't see who it is because I'm coughing and my eyes are full of water.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:51 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Peej

I ran inside as Hayden hugged Ira goodbye. I dashed up the stairs and into my room that I shared with Lakeland. I changed quickly into my swim trunks and ran out to the under deck. I grabbed the blue and gray surf board that sat leaned up against the wall waiting for me to ride it. I hopped up and down in excitement as I waited for my sister to come out to surf.

"Ready big bro?" Hayden called running down the stairs.

"You know it kid," I replied picking up my board and carrying it under my arm.

Hayden grabbed her pink and yellow board and followed me out down the beach. Most of the kids had already started either swimming or sunbathing so we got a good amount of cheers when we walked out with our boards.

"Guys its pretty cold," Katrine called from the sand.

I shrugged and started walking out into the water. I laid my self onto the board and paddled out into the waves. Hayden caught up to me and sat up on her board waiting for a wave. I sat up too looking into the sky as she kept watch.

"Daydreamer, big one coming." Hayden said splashing me in the face.

I smiled and laid back down and paddled hard and fast towards the wave. I got into a crouching position and started to ride the wave. I stood up a bit more letting my hand run through the water as we entered the tunnel. Hayden was right behind me laughing her head off as we raced through the cave of water. As quickly as it started, the wave was over and we were on the beach again.

"Again?" I asked my sister.

"Yes," She replied already running out into the water.

Hayden

I ran into my room and changed into my brand new blue bikini. I stared quickly at myself in the mirror admiring how it showed off my body gorgeously. I smiled widely and dashed out of the house.

"Ready big bro?" I called skipping down the stairs.

"You know it kid," He replied knowing how much I hate being called a kid.

I followed the already leaving P.J. with my pink surfboard. I couldn't help but giggling to myself in joy as we entered the icy water.

We swam out to get to this perfect wave and that was absolutely amazing. We washed back up on the beach and were out for another go in seconds. Soon half of our group was out surfing with me and Peej was extremely fantastic.

After five more waves I got a bit bored and decided to hang back. I sat down on top of my board and watched the other surfers catch waves. I tied my long hair up in a bun and put on my aviator sunglasses relaxing a bit.

"H-hey," I heard a voice say.

I looked up from the water to see Ira standing next to me. I smiled at him and stood up.

"Hey dude, what's up?" I said still having to look up at him since I was so short and he was so tall.

"N-nothing much," He replied with a shrug.

I noticed how quickly his skin was already turning tan from the maybe four hours we have been at the house. It was honestly very impressive.

"So do you know how to penny board?" I asked him with one of my signature smirks.

"N-no, s-sorry." He replied with a shrug.

"That's ok," I said poking his tummy.

I got a laugh out of him causing me to start laughing too.

"I-I'll seeya a-around." Ira said still recovering from his laugh. '

I nodded and sat back down on my board as he left. I drew shapes into the sand waiting for something to happen.
Last edited by TinyJarStoredDreams on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 pm
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

I sat in the back seat of the car with my sister, Katrina as I read one of my novels in my hands. Katrina seemed excited to come on this summer trip. I honestly wanted to stay home, but Katrina insisted I came to help her with her love issue with Lakeland. I sighed softly as I kept reading my book, hearing my sister repeat herself.

"Almost there, almost there."

Love is such a bother... I thought to myself as I felt the car stop. "We're here." My mother informed us as Katrina rushed out the car.

I stepped out the car, holding onto my book tightly to my chest. I haven't been here in a long time. When was the last time I actually had fun? I went inside the summer home, looking around the place. "Hm.." I placed my book down, reaching into my suitcase and taking out my bikini my mother bought me recently for the trip here. "S-She expects me to wear this out there?!" Then I stared at the wall, noticing surfboards leaning against it. "Eh?"

Huh... I remember these boards. Me and P.J used to surf here together. I frowned at the fact I haven't thought how much fun it used to be coming here. Recently, mother and father have been making me study to become a professional doctor, something they always dreamed of. I was always studying, never had time for friends. I don't even know if the guys here are still... my friends. It seems that they forgotten me already. Ah... I'm used to this lonely feeling.

I put on my bikini, which was pink and frilly. The color I truly hate the most. "Mother..." I grabbed one of the boards, heading out to where the water was, seeing everyone there. Parents and children. I stared at the ocean, smiling at how beautiful it looked. Suddenly, I felt a pat on my shoulder, making me flinch. I turned to see who touched me. "Ah, it is Verine!" Eh?

"It's me, Tyler." I looked up at him, surprised how different he looked. "Ah, you look a lot cooler now." Tyler glared at me, nudging both of my temples with his fists. "What are you talking about? I've always been cool."

Ow, ow, ow. I grabbed his wrists gently, making him stop nudging my head. Then, he suddenly grabbed the bottom of my chin, staring into my eyes. "You still look so cute, Verine."

I pinched his cheek hard, causing him to flinch. "Ow!"

"Take your flirting antics somewhere else." I folded my arms together, staring up at him as he stared back, seeing a spark of rivalry. "Ah! Verine!" I turned, seeing Katrina running to me. "Katrina?" She stopped in front of me and Tyler, trying to catch her breath. "Come with me!" She grabbed my arm, dragging me away from Tyler.

E-Eh?
Last edited by Kanome on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

Reviews: 1
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:21 pm
TaylorLove says...

Liz

I was so excited to be back here for the summer. It was a special place for everyone. Most of the time we could all get along, everyone had such a good connection with everyone. I could not help but think about Lakeland though. We have been such good friends for a long time, still keeping in contact when we were not here for the summer. Why was I so worried?

I saw everyone else but him. I mean I was certainly happy to see everyone, don't get me wrong. I just wanted to see him. Ira came in the house. "Hey." I say to him.

"L-Lakeland is l-looking for you." He says. "Y-you s-should go s-see h-him." He winks and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I have been trying." I smile. "I am so excited to be back here."

"M-me t-too." Ira says. "I-I am g-going to u-unpack." With that he walks away.

I was grabbing a water out of the fridge when a dog I recognized from a picture Lakeland sent me, started to sniff my leg. I bend sit down and pet her. "Hey, Lola. You look just like you do in the pictures."

I hear footsteps and I look up, finding Lakeland standing there. "Hi." He says. He reaches out a hand and I take it. Pulling me up, he talks. "I see you have met Lola."

I smile and nod. "I have, she is precious." I say. For a moment we stand in silence, but then I give him a hug. "It has been a long time, Lakeland." I smile.

"That it has." He says.

All of a sudden, Michelle comes through the door. "Oohhhh I did not mean to bother you two." She says innocently, but I could see right through those eyes of hers.

I look to Lakeland and he smiles, think of the same thing I am. "Get her." I whisper, and we run after her. She screams as we chase her onto the back. Lola was running after us, staying right beside Lakeland. She hides behind a few of our friends and we laugh.

I feel water being splashed onto me and I turn to see Lakeland kicking me with water. "Oh, you don't want to go there." I say.

"Oh, yeah? What are you going to do?" He asks, grinning.

I splash he with water a few time, but it was enough to get him soaked. "That, that is what I am going to do." I say.

He gives me an evil look, but I can tell it was fake because of his eyes. "Come one, Lakeland. You cannot stay mad at me." I say, still keeping my smile.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

51 Reviews

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 pm
LordGreenleaf says...

Tyler Conners

Me and Verine stare at each and then Katrina ushered her off. Shaking my head I headed up to my room, which I had to myself. I sat down on the end of the bed and pulled a hand through my hair. My heart was confused and I needed to calm down with the only escape I had. I grabbed my sketchbook, and my pencils and took a deep breath.

My hand skated across the paper and all other thoughts were disbanded from my head as the drawing took form. I drew her long dark hair with flicks of my wrist and twenty minutes later I'd finished.

It was Opal.

Sighing I looked down at it. I couldn't get her out of my head, even when I though of Verine who I'd always had a soft spot for. I put my sketchbook on my bed, not bothering to close it when I heard a knock on the door.

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane