z

Young Writers Society

Summer Lovin' - Started - Closed :)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Peej

Casey and I had gathered everyone besides Hayden and Ira onto the deck for a "meeting".

"Alright kiddos," I started clapping my hands together, "To welcome Hayden and Ira back home I declare that we throw them a super secret movie night."

The group muttered to each other and Casey clapped her hands to get the attention back to me.

"Okie dookie, any movie requests?"

"Sex and City!" Lakeland yelled making Liz giggle.

I wrote it down as other random movie requests came bounding out of mouths. Soon my list was filled with a range of movies from Mulan to Paranormal activity. I laid the list down on the bench and left the pen next to it.

"Okay make a dash next to the movie you vote for." I said quickly checking off Ice Age.

Everyone moved forward writing down their votes. By the end it was clear that Tangled had the most votes. I announced it to the group and went back inside to download it onto Netflix.

Soon night came and I was helping Hayden walk out onto the beach with Ira following.

"Peej, whats happening?" She asked as I sat her in front of the screen we had rented.

I smiled and brought everyone else outside and started the movie. Case and I started handing out popcorn and sodas and then found a seat on a blanket I brought out.

"PJ this is amazing," Casey said kissing my nose.

I smiled at her and pulled her into my lap ready for a well deserved movie night.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:08 am
Kanome says...

Verine Anderson

Everyone, including me, were sitting outside, watching Tangled as our movie for our movie night. I sat next to Christian, blushing deeply as I watched the movie.
This is like a date! A real date! W-What do I do... I never had a real boyfriend before... I couldn't help but feel nervous around Christian.

"Enjoying the movie, V?" Christian whispered in my ear as I jumped a little, looking at him nervously.

"Y-Yes..." I blushed even more, looking up at him. Suddenly, he pulled me into a hold, holding my body against his closely. "You're so cute when you blush." Christian whispered to me once again, smiling down at me.

My heart was pounding so fast, wanting to burst out of my body. I really love Christian...

Next thing I knew, a flying soda can hit my face. "O-Ow!"

Everyone stared at me as soda was spilled onto my white sundress.

"Dammit, Lakeland!" Peej stared at Lakeland.

Lakeland laughed loudly, seeming like he's enjoying himself. "Aw, come on, you gotta admit, that was funny how you dodged it."

"Are you okay, V?" Christian grabbed a towel, cleaning the soda off of me.

All I could do was smile at him. I don't know why, but I am having fun. Then I took my soda can, stood up and walked over to Lakeland. Lakeland looked up at me, grinning at me. "What?"

I smiled more, pouring the soda onto his head. Everyone laughed of course.

Lakeland laughed even more.

Next thing I knew, I started to giggle. I was really having fun.

Peej smiled at me. "That's the first time I heard you laugh, Verine. It's been a really long time since I saw you smile so purely."

I smiled more. "It's because... I love you guys.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 am
NicoleBri says...

Katrina

While everyone was coupled up, I sat alone with my Lil one in my belly. I smiled at the thought of me being a mother. I know the people around me didn't approve with what I did but oh well. Besides, tomorrow I'll be 17 and it will be a good day for me. Considering this to be an early birthday present from the heavenly Father above. Tangled is a pretty good movie .
Once it went off everyone decided that we should all take a swim, so that's what they did. Me? Well I decided to take a floaty and go as far away from everyone so they wouldn't get all wild with me. I did not want to take the chance of hurting the little peanut inside me. Once I got in and got on top of the floaty, it felt really relaxing. All the couples were together in the water making out and splashing one another.

"Are you having fun Hayden?" I yelled seeing her and IRA on the bank. "Yes. But maybe you shouldn't be in the water being.. You know..," she replied. I looked at her like she was crazy and it finally snapped. She didn't want to say the word pregnant. "It's not a disease Hayden, you can say the word." I tell her and laugh as I take the floaty and get out of the water.

"Are you going to get in?" I ask her and Ira. "Maybe it's not safe for me because I still have a fracture." She replies.

Everyone finally got out about thirty minutes later. While everyone was walking, I had to ask. "Guys, I'm starving, we need to go out to eat. So??" Everyone looked at each other and Verine smiled at me and said, "Definitely." They all made a huge noise and ran inside to get dressed.

Me being me, well I had to go put on a sundress being as that I won't be skinny to much longer. "When are you going for a doctors appointment?" Liv asked. I shrugged not really knowing what to do. "Should I go to a doctor down here even though I won't be here for delivery?" I ask.

"Of course," Lakeland chimed in. "You still want to and need to check on the baby regardless. Just tell them you're not from here but need a check up." He said again. "I'm sure they will send the information to your real doctor once you go back home if you tell them." Liv said.

"I agree you should get it checked." Christian responded. I was happy to actually have more people talking to me about my pregnancy. It made me feel as though I wasn't alone. "What does your baby daddy think about you being pregnant?" PJ asked. I huffed and he knew the answer.

We all got in the car to go eat at some Asian buffet we never had been to.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 pm
TaylorLove says...

Liz

The car ride to the restaurant was so fun. It was a reminder how much I loved all of these people. There was drama sometimes, but we were humans. Even thought the experience hospital was hard, I made me realize that I needed my friends so much. Lakeland was such a comfort to me when I was panicking about Ira. Everyone was just so closely knitted together and we got so much closer.

We were going out to eat at the new Asian restaurant. We pilled out of the car and found a table. We all got a lot of food, because we had no idea what anything was. Lakeland sat next to me and looked at my plate as I looked at his. "Do you know what that is?" He asked.

"No, I am just hoping for the best." I said. Once everyone sat down, we all started to eat. I took a bite of some sort of chicken and it felt like my mouth was on fire. I swear I thought I was breathing fire.

"Are you okay?" Lakeland asks, laughing a little.

"It is really hot." I say fanning my mouth.

I look around for a drink and the waitress had not brought me one yet. I got up and stole Ira's. I drank half of the water in the glass. "Hey!" He said.

I sighed once I felt the relief in my mouth. "Sorry." I said. I kissed he cheek and resumed my seat next to Lakeland. Because I was left handed, Lakeland was able to hold my hand as we ate. My mind took over for a spit second and I was saddened. I realized that the summer was going to end eventually and we were going to have to say goodbye again.

"What's wrong?" He asks, looking really concerned.

"The summer is going to end and we are going to have to say good bye." I whispered.

He brought his lips to mine and kissed me gently. "Don't think about that right now. Just think about the time we do have together and make the best of it."

I nod and smiles. "You are right." I said. "Thanks."
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Hayden

I sat next to Ira on a small blanket Peej had set up for us. I sang along to every Tangled song and quoted all my favorite lines as the movie proceeded. Who knew a simple movie night would already make me feel as good as new.

"H-Hayden," Ira said kissing my neck softly, "We're going out for dinner if you wanna come."

I nodded and raised my hand for Ira to help me up. I limped over to the cars with Ira supporting me with his good arm.

"Hey, I forgot to say sorry for flipping out like that." I said as I sat down inside Peej's old beat up jeep.

"W-we all d-do dumb th-thing's." Ira replied sitting down next to me.

I smiled apologetically at him as I laced my fingers into his.

We soon arrived at the restaurant and piled in. All the families combined took up almost six tables and made the two waitresses working at the very late time obviously annoyed.

Casey and I decided to order two things and split them between us. She got some sort of salad and I got spring rolls. We traded plates every couple of bites, me normally eating much more than her. Soon most of the food was in my belly and Casey and P.J. had gone to go pass out fortune cookies out.

"What does yours say?" I asked Ira eating my cookie and unfolding the message.

He shrugged and shoved it into his back pocket.

'Your future is only determined by what you do today.'

I liked that a lot. I smiled to my self thinking about my fortune and shoved it into my jacket pocket. Soon it was time to go and everyone was stuffed. I hobbled back into the car and rode home with all of my favorite people.

Ira and I decided to call it a night while most of the others went out to finish the movie.

"Can I sleep with you tonight," I said quietly to Ira.

He nodded and shuffled into his room with him not bothering to change out of my extremely comfortable running shorts and sweatshirt. I crawled into Ira's bed as he changed. I snuggled under the covers and soon felt Ira's figure pressed against mine as I fell asleep after my strangely exhausting day.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:35 pm
NicoleBri says...

Kat

The summer was flying by quiet fast. I didn't know how I was even going to handle a baby and it is crazier than I expected. My emotions were getting wacky and I puke a lot when I eat certain foods, it's really disgusting. In an hour I had a doctors appointment to check on the baby.

Mom tried to go with me but I wouldn't let her. It feels weird, being that my birthday is tomorrow, well I am really nervous. I won't find out the sex until 24 weeks so that sucked. Before I walked to the car to leave, I tried to find Verine, maybe she would like to come. When I couldn't find her I went to the car.

As I peered in the back, I seen PJ, Hayden, and Verine sitting there. "I have a doctors appointment ya' know." I tell them a little weirded out. Hayden was the first to say something. "We know this Kat, that baby is our niece and or nephew. So we want to go with you so you won't be alone." The other two nodded in agreement. I smiled and got in the driver seat.

It was a long drive and I had to pee really bad, luckily I held it in even though that's not good. When we finally reached the office, I walked fast. The other 3 were going to sit in the waiting room. I was finally called and Verine stood up to come be with me. It was nice to have all my siblings there. Verine and I were the closest so that only made sense.

"How are you feeling today Katrina?" The nurse asked. I smiled and she understood. The first thing she did was weigh me, check my height and talk to me about how far along I was. Truthfully I didn't know. Then I had to lay down and she put some cold gel on my stomach and I could see the inside via the screen.

"The baby looks like a little peanut!" Verine said with a smile. I felt a blush come to my face. This was a shock to even be having. The rest of the appointment was telling me do's and do nots about the pregnancy.

We walked out and what I see, everyone was sitting there waiting. It came to me as quiet a shock and tears began to welt my eyes and I was to excited.

"So how was it?" Christian asked. "It was good. My little peanut is fine as of now." I tell him. "Did you get to hear the heart beat or anything interesting?" Liv asked. "No." I say. Everyone was here all at once which was sort of over whelming me. "Do you have any names picked out yet for a boy or girl?" Verine asked.

"Well if it is a girl, definitely Emma Grace, and if it is a boy, maybe Devon Gage?" I respond. Verine smiled and we all got up to leave from the doctors office. "Where to next?" someone asked.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:58 pm
Ciblio says...

Christian

The summer was coming to an end, and so was my time with V. If I could extend the time we had together, I definitely would.

Katrina was pregnant, which wasn't much of a surprise, and everybody was still coupled up, which was still a little weird to me.

I stood outside with the guys, and took a swig of my Sprite.

"So, are you guys ready for our annual volleyball game?" Somebody, I think it was Lakeland, asked.

"A little. The girls are more excited than us about it." I grunted.

There was a short chuckle, then silence.

"We need to think of something that'll make this the best summer we've had. Like, we shou-" Peej said, breaking the silence.

"I-it's already the b-best s-s-summer we-we've had," Ira interrupted. "cause w-we got th-the g-girls."

Silence broke out again, as we all thought of something, or nothing.

"Where are the girls?" I asked, thinking of how I hadn't seen any of them all day.

"Um..huh. That's a good question. You know, I think they all went with Kat to the doctor." Peej mumbled, while looking around him.

That'd make sense, considering the fact that two of the car were gone.

"We should go up the road, down at the little creek. We used to go up there all the time, when we were younger. Remember?" I told them, thinking of all the fun time's we'd had.

"Y-yeah." Ira agreed.

"But what's there to do up there?" Lakeland questioned, making a disagreeing face.

"There's the creek. And the rope should still be up." I mentioned.

Lakeland nodded once, and downed the rest of his beer.

I didn't see how they could drink that stuff. It was so intoxicating...and gross. The taste was disgusting.

"Sure. I'm gonna go change." Peej said, as he headed into our summer home.

Maybe this wouldn't make anything more interesting, but it sure would bring back some good memories. And we'd get to bind, without the girls.

I drank the rest of my pop, threw away the can, and went to out on some trunks.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451