Young Writers Society

Do No E.V.I.L. [Complete]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:27 pm
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Do No E.V.I.L.

On New Year’s morning as YWSers across the globe celebrated the conclusion of 2013, the Young Writers Society suffered an attack on the site’s database. Unaware of the hacking, Nate checked into YWS, never expecting himself to fall into the midst of a secret organization’s plot. When Nate suspected something askew with the website, he searched the feed for the cause of its wonkiness. Instead of locating the issue with YWS however, he was greeted (not too warmly) with a code line blinking across his computer screen: “Do not interfere with our plans. We are E.V.I.L.”

Nate has been reported missing for two weeks now, and our beloved site is no longer safe from E.V.I.L.’s elusive cyber-attacks. Similar messages to the one Nate received are appearing for those unfortunate users who stumble upon clues to YWS’s hacking.

These past few weeks the admins have hidden the startling state of the site from the rest of Young Writers Society, but now E.V.I.L. has pushed us too far and we can no longer sit back waiting. We need your skills. Nate has been taken captive, glitches are appearing across the website, and darkness stirs just beneath YWS’s wonderful little lines of code. We must take a stand against this group known as E.V.I.L.

In "Do No E.V.I.L.", discover who this sinister league truly is, rescue Nate from their clutches, and work either on the side of E.V.I.L. or against the organization. Switch back and forth from reality to the digital world in your posts to help your side win the battle over Young Writers Society!

So, who is E.V.I.L.?

Spoiler! :
E.V.I.L. is the totally non-conspicuous acronym for the “European Villainous Internet League”, who specializes in complicated hacks and operations aimed to bring down successful organizations. However, do not connote E.V.I.L. with a group of old nerds lounging behind computer screens all day. No. This powerful group leads attacks in reality too (such as Nate’s kidnapping) and possesses a talented network of spies on their side (even agents who have been associated with YWS for years). They have caused many city-wide shutdowns and government panics, and yet the League’s evasiveness causes them to be a tricky bunch to catch.

What does the League want with YWS?

Spoiler! :
Their motivations are unclear, but one thing is certain: E.V.I.L. will not sojourn until the Young Writers Society’s database has been compromised. Thanks to DOS geniuses and coders on our side, E.V.I.L. is having one heck of a time attempting to steal the site from us, but their assaults are unrelenting and have even grown frequent outside of the cyber world. Now, involved YWSers around the world have noticed strange occurrences in their lives, like shadows following them home… E.V.I.L.’s spies and agents are among us.

What do I need to do?

Spoiler! :
Join a side, then hop in this Official Storybook! You can choose the side of the YWSers or E.V.I.L. … or both, if you’d like. To organize your thoughts about your character, you can submit a profile using the template seen below. If you have any questions, let me know via the DT!

Rules:
-No god-modding. Seriously, people. Haha You should know this by now. xD
-Respect other users while Storybooking, please.
-Keep it PG-13!
-Have fun saving (or bringing about the downfall of) YWS!

Character Template (these can be as brief or elaborate as you decide) :

Code: Select all
[b]Character Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Choose your side! YWS or E.V.I.L.?[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Anything Extra:[/b]

Submit your character profiles, then jump into "Do No E.V.I.L."!
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

70 Reviews

Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:03 am
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Lestat Mordak: And So It Begins…

:.Reality.:

Lestat unlocks the security panel with a few swift strokes before facing his fellow agent. “Trevor, contact Mr. Borshkav and pull up the apartment layout.” Pushing the metal door open, Lestat silently enters the apartment building. Trevor Meadows files in behind Mordak while messaging Borshkav.

“Charl just sent over the blueprint, Lestat,” Meadows informs the other man. “The girl’s room is on the top floor, easily accessible with her keycard.” Smirking, Trevor slides his phone away and pulls his gun out of its holster, readying it.

Lestat Mordak surveys the apartment maintenance hall then nods to his assignment partner. “I have the keycard-” He stops mid-sentence and instead begins laughing when he sees Trevor holding the sleek gun. Lestat motions for him to put it away. “Even though the security cameras are down in the building, you can’t just wave around a weapon like that!” He chuckles again. “As much as I love brandishing potentially dangerous objects, just remember that there are other people in these halls.” He begins striding down the corridor while humming a quick tune.

Annoyed, Trevor questions, “What are you humming, Lestat?”

“I think it’s a Romanian folk song. Not sure though, but it’s stuck in my head.” Mordak bobs his head a bit while surveying the hall for a staircase or elevator. “Foaie verde si-un bujor, trandifir… Oh, look! An elevator.” After he clicks the button to the lift door, Lestat adjusts his wool jacket and brushes back his dark hair (all the while still babbling to Trevor). “This should be fairly simple, Meadows; we seamlessly break into the YWSer’s apartment and plant our threat, just like our fellow agents are doing across the globe to other YWSers.” The elevator doors announce their opening by chirping a high ding . The two E.V.I.L. agents step into the lift in unison, one happily humming and the other appearing quite irritated by the former.

As the level numbers in the elevator flash to the top floor, Lestat sends a quick message from his phone to Samantha Blight, informing her that the attack is underway. The elevator then whooshes to a stop and the doors pop open.

Lestat quickly steps into the apartment building’s upper level, followed quickly by Trevor. The two saunter casually toward the girl’s apartment door, preparing to initiate their act of terrorism. Lestat smiles broadly as they reach their target’s room. He slides the keycard into the door slot and it clicks in response, unlocking. Donning his leather gloves, the man faces Agent Meadows with a dark expression of wickedness dancing in his eyes. “Let’s scare these YWSers out of their wits, Trevor. No one retaliates against E.V.I.L. The Young Writers Society will be under our control within the week.”

Spoiler! :
/Insert evil laughter here.

Got Squills?

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:46 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Captain Rydia

Perhaps it had been foolish to keep the site in the dark for so long and Heather contemplated now how much more prepared they might have been if they had sounded a code red right away. Had they doomed the site by wanting too fiercely to protect its members from the terrifying reality of enemy fire?

Maybe. But that was the kind of website that she wanted to be a part of, the kind which took these difficult decisions into hand and made them with the members' best interests at heart.

Except it was all over the site now and everyone knew. How could they not? Nate had been missing for two weeks and the glitches were overpowering their limited coding knowledge. They had been winning before Nate was taken, but now they were losing ground and bit by bit, sections of the site were being abandoned to the dark forces threatening their very existence.

Heather was finding it increasingly hard to keep her mind on the fighting when she was all too aware that the enemy had moved beyond anything they had ever fought before. They had crossed the line when they started invading their homes and taking their people. This wasn't just about the site any more, it was about her friends and that filled her with an unrelenting rage. She wanted nothing more than to abandon her post at the site and track down the people responsible and make them pay.

Heather wanted to lead the war.

Instead she was stuck behind her desk because someone had to organise their defence and someone had to keep YWS alive for Nate.

Turning her computer on, Heather quickly logged on to the site and made a first check of the glitches' progress. They had pushed their way into the Romance Lovers club and Rydia shut it down immediately. It was better to lose a small chunk of their site than to allow the glitches to advance into the heart of the network.

That was the only serious movement which had occurred overnight but instead of reassuring her, this only made Heather wonder what they were planning next, or already doing, out in the real world.

Heather joined the chat room to offer some reassurance to the members of the site, when what she really wanted to do was build an army. Didn't someone have to lead the attack in Nate's absence? Why shouldn't that someone be her...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Charles Borkshav

This whole business was getting more and more confusing to Charles. All he knew was that there was a glitch in the YWS system and it was the doing of E.V.I.L. He didn't know how it all worked, or even why.

No, that wasn't entirely true. He knew why, or at least he knew why he was part of it. He remembered the day when he was finally confronted by one of their leaders, Lestat Mordak. After being summoned to his office in the E.V.I.L. headquarters, Charles had been pretty shaken, unsure of what was going to happen.

Lestat could be described as a very polished man. Almost perfect looks, and he didn't think he looked like he was physically strong or even that dangerous. But when he looked into Lestat's eyes for the first time, he changed his mind. They were dark and cold. The eyes of a hunter, a sly hunter.

"So, young man, Charles, isn't it?" Lestat swung around in his chair to face him. "Why are you part of E.V.I.L.?"

"Wh-Why, sir?" Charles shifted uncomfortably. Normally, people didn't ask him questions like that.

"Did I stutter just then or something?" Lestat asked. "Oh, no. In fact, I believe it was you." He folded his hands on his desk and looked straight at Charles. "Now I am going to ask you again, Charles. Why are you part of E.V.I.L.?"

Charles licked his lips nervously. "I-I guess tha-that it would be one big thing of mine." He cleared his throat. "YWS is just a fantasy world for teens, a place where kids can post work and then have praised like its wonderful. Its just a place where teens can waste their lives away, doing next to nothing their entire lives."

Lestat raised an eyebrow and sat looking at Charles for a minute. Then he burst out laughing. "I have to say that your reason was one of the most imaginative reasons I have some across..." He reached out and patted Charles' hand lying on the desk, making him withdraw it quickly. "Now tell me. What is the real reason why you are with us?"

"Th-The real reason, si-sir?" Charles took a deep breath and sighed. "I lack inspiration, sir. I look at YWS and I see people my age, all of these teens. They can post poetry and stories that are just so wonderful, and yet I can't do any of that. I tried posting work, but it didn't work out. I was terrible, and I know it."

"So your reason is just because you hate seeing people better than you?"

Charles nodded silently, and Lestat smiled. "Very well, I like that reason. It seemed a little more reasonable than the first one."

"Now that you are on our side, all of your work will be miles above anyone in YWS could do. You will accomplish things that would blow their mind." Lestat sat back in his chair and smiled. "You seem nervous, Charles. Am I indimidating to you?"

That happened a few weeks before. Since then, he had been raised in E.V.I.L.'s ranks, and he had become closer to Lestat, something he wasn't sure he liked.

Then a beeper went off from his laptop. Someone was needing him for something... Who was it?

After reading the message from Trevor, he found the blueprint from a file on his laptop and sent it off, using some fancy program Lestat had given him to install. He was hopeless with technology, but not that hopeless!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

70 Reviews

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 pm
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Beth Ann: Project YWSR, Confronting E.V.I.L.

“Thanks again for taking me home, Mrs. Turner!” Beth Ann calls as she shuffles backwards up the driveway, waving to her carpooler.

“No problem, dear. Tell your parents when they get back that I said ‘hi!’” the older woman responds with a smile and brief nod before rolling up her window.

Beth Ann grabs her backpack strap and jogs to her front porch, the gravelly sound of Mrs. Turner’s SUV tires receding down the street. She untangles the house key from her headphone wires in her purse then slips the key into the front door. After shoving the earbuds back inside her purse, Beth Ann kicks the door closed and tosses her bookbag against a bench in the foyer. She wanders into the kitchen for an after-school snack, but instead notices her laptop resting on the kitchen island. Her heart beat quickens.

In record time, the girl snatches the computer, flies into the breakfast room, practically falls into a lounge chair (gracefully falls, mind you), and logs into Young Writers Society. The comforting sight of YWS’s homepage is still intact, but Beth Ann knows better than to trust its artifice. How could she not? The threat of the site’s safety is plastered across user’s walls and in the forums. She and other staff members had tried to solve the puzzling cyber-attacks before they became true problems, but whoever these members of E.V.I.L. are, they never relent. In fact, as Beth Ann scans the network now she notices a string of suspicious coding infiltrating Squills. Deeply saddened and angered, the mod isolates Squills and shuts the threat down. Just like Captain Rydia had shown her.

With a sigh, Beth Ann sees a few members talking in the Chat Room, including Panda, Ranger, and even Rydia herself. She quickly clicks through to the stabilized Chat Room.

:.Cyber-World.:

AfterTheStorm has joined the Chat Room

pandabear7: Hey, Storm.

AfterTheStorm: Hey, Panda. :/ Um, Rydia, Squills just went down. I’m so sorry… It was already too infected and-

Rydia: I know, I know. :( There’s nothing you can do except stop it.

AfterTheStorm: But, Rydia… there’s something else I need to tell you.

Rydia: ?

[/Private Chat = Rydia]

You are now in Private Chat with Rydia

Rydia: What is it, Storm?

AfterTheStorm: Rydia, I found something this morning when I was patrolling the site’s boundaries, and I think I may have found it.

Rydia: It? Go on…

AfterTheStorm: Megsug actually tipped me off about what I’m about to tell you. There’s a file hidden behind the Information Desk Archive dating back quite a few years, and I figured it out how to access it with some help. It’s a giant file, and is highly impressive. Some kind of program started up by Nate awhile ago. The title is “Project YWSR”. Have you ever heard of this before? It seems pretty important, and-

Rydia: Oh, geez. Storm, send me the package the file is in right now, please.

AfterTheStorm: I’m guessing you know what it is?

Rydia: “Project Young Writers Society – Reality”. It was supposedly initiated by Nate, but I always thought it was just a rumor… This is highly important, Storm. Don’t let anyone know about this program. Please, just send it straight to me.

AfterTheStorm: Yes, Captain! xD Haha I’m sending you the package now. :)

Rydia: Who else knows about that you found a file package behind the Info Desk Archive? You said you got some help to retrieve it.

AfterTheStorm: Just Megsug and Dante know about it.

Rydia is typing…

AfterTheStorm: Wait, Rydia. I think someone’s in my house… My parents are home, I think. Brb!

Rydia is typing…

AfterTheStorm has closed the Private Chat session

AfterTheStorm has left the Chat Room

Beth Ann logs off of Young Writers Society in a rush, ready to greet her parents as they return from work. “Mom?” she calls, standing up from her chair and shutting down the laptop.

The floorboards creak somewhere in the kitchen, but she’s greeted with no friendly response.

“Uh, Mom? Are you home?” Beth Ann steps out of the breakfast room and into the kitchen, her smile faltering. Her heartbeat pounds in her ears as paranoia overwhelms her senses. She whispers, “Hello?” and prepares to grab the phone to call 911.

“’Ello, AfterTheStorm.”

A strange chilling sensation scampers down Beth Ann’s body at the sound of a man’s voice behind her. Without even turning around, she knows who it is. “E.V.I.L.,” she breathes, shutting her eyes in a vain attempt to pretend all is well.

This time, a female responds, “Indeed.”

So E.V.I.L. has finally found her.

Got Squills?

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Diane Pails
Reality

Lestat and I walked in. I heard the slight tapping on the keyboard and smiled. So, she is here. It makes our job a whole lot easier. Lestat walked into the kitchen. The floorboards creak and I wince a little. Somewhere else in the house, AfterTheStorm gets up.

"Mom?" She calls. When she received no response she tried again. "Um, Mom? Are you home?" Finally she whispered, "Hello?"

She walked in the kitchen, but didn't see that we were behind her. Lestat replies, "'AfterTheStorm."

She didn't turn around as she said, "E.V.I.L." Finally the girl realized that we weren't her precious parents. I respond, "Indeed."

Lestat walked up to her, his usual smirk on his face. "So, you're the famous AfterTheStorm. I guess we finally found you."

She looked at me and whispered, "You won't get away with this. We know that you kidnapped Nate."

I laughed and patted her head. "We already have." With that, I inserted a needle into her back. She groaned and fell to the floor, unconscious.

Lestat looked at me. "Well, let's take her back to the Headquarters where she shall be questioned. YWS will not win this battle."

I picked up AfterTheStorm, grunting a little as I carried her to the car. When she was secured, I got in after her and went back to Headquarters.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

Trevor Meadows - Reality

I was waiting for Diane and Lestat in the car. It was a normal sedan, keeps you unnoticed, quiet under the radar. Diane shoved Beth-Ann into the boot, and locked it securely. Lestat climbed in next to me, while Diane sat in the back seats. She began twiddling her thumbs.

I pulled away from the apartment buildings towards HQ.

'Don't look so down, Diane,' I replied. 'You did well. Very well. There's no way E.V.I.L. can fail now.'

Our eyes met in the windshield mirror. I nodded and smiled. Then I turned to Lestat. He seemed to be up in that head of his again, having thoughts of who knows what. The sooner we're back to HQ the better.

I needed to ask him what was next. There was a burning sensation to know. I was eager to move on with the plan. But we were still many miles away from HQ and I didn't much fancy the conversation. I took my hand off the gear and straightened my tie, sunk a gulp and focused on the road.

Part of me was bored. I longed for company, perhaps the charm of a nice woman. When E.V.I.L. is a success I could post the greatest poetry their eyes have ever graced. It was only a matter of time.

For now I drove. We turned the corner up a dusty side road to the big concrete complex. Two satellites turned on its flat roof. I pulled in outside the grand double door entrance, guarded by a woman in black overalls, sporting a brunette pony tail.

I suppose now I could ask.

We clambered out of the sedan and made our way to the rear of the car to take out our hostage. I turned to Lestat.

'So, what's next?'

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:34 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Teresa "Tess" Roman | Reality

"Tell me where your second in command is."

"Never."

Her hand flies out, a pale blur. It strikes the man across the face and he slumps, his head hanging. Unresponsive.

Tess slowly withdraws her hand, her cold blue eyes focused on him. "Tell me where Rydia is."

"I'd rather die."

Her lip curls and she steps forward, placing a gentle hand on his back. She bends down until they're face to face, using her other hand to roughly grip his chin, making him look at her. "Tell me where she is and I may spare your life."

His eyes meet hers, his gaze sharp like daggers. "You'll never find her."

"That's what you think. My Commander has already found the location of AfterTheStorm and left to retrieve her. Perhaps she will talk." Tess lets go of him and steps back, her lips still curled in a sneer. "First we took out your members. Now your Junior moderators. Soon we will have your Global moderators. Then Snoink. Then that pesky Meshugenah. One by one, they will fall until we have Rydia, and with her, YWS. Then your beloved site will be no more, Nate."

She steps back and turns, about to leave, then stops. She laughs quietly, then speaks, "Lestat has given me permission to do with you what I will once he obtains the administrator Rydia. I'll give you another day to search your brain and see if you can tell me where she lives, and I might spare your life. Otherwise..." and with that, she shrugged and left the cell.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

Delta November X-ray

Reality- E.V.I.L. HQ

Watch shifts on Nate were constantly shifting; he wasn't going to give information up easily, that was for sure. A large number of the E.V.I.L. grunts were muttering about torture methods, but I had urged command not to sink to such a level. Although I drifted in the shadows between the two organisations, YWS was still in my heart.

Tess left the interrogation chamber, and I knew that my session with the man was about to start. I had always preferred the psychological methods rather than physical intimidation, much unlike my many counterparts. I smiled slightly when I saw the red handprint sprawled across Nate's face, not because I liked the image, but because it amused me how reckless the organisation was, and that could may well be their downfall.

Nate gazed up at me, bound to a an uncomfortable fold up chair. "Still can't find her, hm?" he smiled.

I gave him no satisfaction in my response, I merely wheeled around him a couple of times, then pulled up a chair and sat behind him in the dank, dim cell. Not a word was said, my breath condensing against my mask causing my cheeks to perspire. Silence was something I revelled in, but others found it agonising.

For an hour we sat, every ten minutes I would nudge him seat to ensure he wasn't dozing off. I thought back to earlier, when I had managed to tuck myself behind a piece of coding in the chat room while I was alone in my quarters, overhearing talk about an ominous sounding program that Rydia and Storm referred to as “Project YWSR”. I intercepted the package data and saved it to my memory stick. As to what this actually was I had no idea- but it sounded highly important. I needed to find Rydia and tell her about my predicament. Maybe I would be able to trade off the information of YWS- Reality for Nate’s safety. I considered the possibility that this program could turn the tides of this conflict; and I was not going to be on the losing side. Being a double-agent was a good scapegoat, but also highly risky.

The hour ended, and as I left the room Nate seemed somewhat confused. "Was that it?" he asked with a curious glance.

I smiled beneath my black, skull inscribed mask, and left the cell.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Charles Borkshav | Reality

"So what is going on?" Charles waded through the maze of E.V.I.L. workers, looking for Lestat, Trevor, anyone who could help him or tell him what was going on.

Finally, he caught sight of them, but they were leading a blindfolded... girl? He moved towards them as they shut the huge steel doors behind them, pushing the girl out in front of them to keep her in sight.

"So who is this girl?" Charles pointed at her, just standing silently, waiting. "Is she another moderator you are going to interrogate?"

Lestat and Trevor snickered. "Yes, she is. But you are not going to be the one that does it." They exchanged knowing looks. "You will probably just untie her hands so that she is comfy. That is not the way to interrogate."

Lestat shoved the girl forward, pushing her through the throngs of people in the main room. "Just put her with the other moderators," he told Trevor. "Put her next to Deanie or something. Whatever you do, do not let AftertheStorm be close to Nate. If any moderators are close to Nate, bad stuff could happen. We have to be careful. With so many moderators here, just one of them breaking out could mean our failure."

"Roger that," Trevor said. "I'll put her in a room alone. It'll give her some time to think about stuff."

Lestat shook his head. "No. This girl can't have time to think." He thought for a minute. "Put a radio in her room. I want the hardest rock possible going off in her room, at high volume. We can stand that, but she won't be able to think with all of that noise. And I want two grunts watching her at all times."

Trevor nodded. "Good idea. I'll do it. What artist should I play for her?"

Lestat just sighed in exasperation. "I don't care what music you play for her. Just make it really annoying. So no Beethoven."

And Trevor pushed AftertheStorm along, and they walked out of the main room, to her separate room, where she would be interrogated, just like the rest of the moderators.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:27 pm
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

Caroline : Reality

"I'm home!" Caroline called as she opened the door. "And glad of it, too. It's freezing outside."

"Why didn't you get a ride?" her mother demanded, concerned.

"I had to get by bike home somehow," said Caroline. "It wasn't that bad, honestly."

"Alright, but I'm sure the Weekses would have been happy to give you a ride...."

"I'm fine, Mom. Where's Dad?"

"Taking a nap. He got home late last night, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm going to check email and stuff."

"Okay," her mother consented, but Caroline was already at her desk, opening her laptop. By 'and stuff', of course, she meant YWS. She didn't even bother with her email itself, in fact, but went straight to the site; then she hesitated, eyebrows furrowing a little.

"Six hundred sixty-six notifications?" she murmured, bewildered. Caroline clicked on the black tab and discovered that they were all from the same place - the Romance Club. "There's no way that's right." She felt a strange sense of foreboding, but eventually convinced herself that no harm could come of following the link to the club.

How embarrassing! said a message. We couldn't find the page you were looking for.

Caroline stared. Maybe there was some mistake? She tried typing it into the search bar. Nothing came up. Then she looked for it manually in the clubs section: no result. It was as if it no longer existed.

As she was searching, another notification popped up. Caroline clicked it, glad for the distraction, and found one new message in a storybook discussion. Relieved, she opened it and scrolled to the bottom.

"BE AFRAID YWS," the message said. "E.V.I.L. IS COMING."

Caroline stared. She clicked on the username, hoping to check the writer's profile.

YWS crashed. Caroline had to reopen it at the home page, and then she stopped to take a deep breath.

This is nuts, she thought. What's going on here?

"You okay over there, sweetie?" her mother asked. "You look really shocked over something."

"I'm fine, Mom," Caroline said. "Just read a... a really big plot twist."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. In fact, I think I'm going to ask some of my friends about it." Caroline opened a private message and slapped down the first admin names she could think of.

Sent: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:30 pm
To: Rydia, Snoink, Meshugenah
Hey there, I noticed some really weird stuff happening on the site - the Romance Lovers club is down and I had 666 notifications? Also some guy sent this really weird message... I just tried to go to it, and it's been deleted! His page isn't working, either, but something about evil. You guys probably already know about the weird activity, but I was wondering what's going on?
Thanks and sorry for the bother,
--Ranger

The message has sent successfully.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:20 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Brittany Reality

Arriving home from school I sat on my bed with my computer in front of me. I had been waiting all damn day to get on the net and onto my favorite place, YWS. I logged on and looked around for a while since no one was in the chat at the time,

All of a sudden I got a private message. It didn't have a name as to who it was from which was weird. The message said, "Beware YWS users. We are coming to take over..... E.V.I.L."

I had freaked out and didn't know what to do. I immediately looked to see if anyone was online. "Rydia!" I say.

Pandabear7 has entered the room.

Pandabear7: Rydia I have received a strange message!!!

Rydia: What did it say Panda??

Pandabear7: "Beware YWS users. We are coming to take over..... E.V.I.L.

Rydia: O.O this is definitely not good!!!!

pandabear7 has entered the room

Pandabear7: Hello panda, seems like you aren't to hard to hack.. Hahaha.

Rydia: Oh no!!!

Rydia has left the room

pandabear7 has left the room

Reality

Slowly I get up uncertain of what I should do now. This was something definitely serious!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm
lostthought says...

Diane Prails
Reality

I felt a little bit guilty after kidnapped AfterTheStorm. She was a mod, for goodness sakes! I should hate her, and everyone else in YWS for that matter, but I couldn't. I use to be a YWSer like... My friends. No, I won't think about it. I started twiddling my thumbs in the car.

Trevor must've noticed for he said, "Don't look so down, Diane. You did well. Very well. There's no way E.V.I.L can fail now." I looked at the windshield mirror, and our eyes met. Trevor nodded and smiled. Then he turned to Lestat.

I spent the remainder of the ride thinking about what happened a while ago. I glanced at AfterTheStorm every so often. When we got to the headquarters, I got out of the car and got AfterTheStorm out too. I blindfolded her and stood her up. Lestat and Trevor grabbed her and pushed her inside. I slipped in before the huge steel doors could shut, unseen as always.

While they were talking with Charles, I watched them. They were talking about someone interrogating AfterTheStorm. I rushed forward as soon as Trevor left with her, I stood behind Lestat and tugged a bit on his arm, feeling like a child doing so.

Lestat turned toward me with little surprise. "I suppose that you want to interrogate AfterTheStorm.?"

I nodded, "Can I? I swear I'll do good."

Lestat seemed to think about it for a second and then replied, "No, we'll get someone else to do it. I know that you helped kidnapped her and all but you are still a mere child here."

I winced at his words. He walked away. I looked to where Trevor had led her and started to follow them, silently and out of sight. He put her in a room and shut the door behind her. He saw me and I immediately said, "What are you doing here?"

"Lestat told me to guard her."

Trevor looked at me and then said, "She is waking up. Are you sure you can handle it?" I nodded and then he said, "Put on some annoying music." I nodded again and he walked away, apparently believing me.

When he was gone I slipped through the doors and locked them behind me. I looked around, and when I didn't see any cameras, I took off AfterTheStorm's blindfold and asked her, "So, how are my friends doing?"

She looked confused when she replied, "What do you.... Oh. This is where you went."

I looked down and blushed. "Yes, AfterTheStorm, I came here. So? How are my friends doing?"

"Just call me Beth. You friends are doing fine. I bet they would be happy if you came back."

"I can't. I have my reasons." I punched the wall and released a cry of pain. Then I smiled. "Well, Beth, I'll just leave you in here. Some new guards will be hear soon. I hope you have a good day."

Just like that, I walked out the door and locked it. I turned on the most annoying music I could find and only had to wait a little bit when two grunts came to watch her. I waved at them and walked away.
Last edited by lostthought on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia Reality

With AfterTheStorm kidnapped and strange messages appearing all over the site, Rydia had never been more uncertain about what to do. Except she had it. She had the one thing which might be able to save them all, but she didn't know what to do. EVIL were even starting to penetrate the YWS chat-room and Rydia had to log off before they hacked her account.

Opening up the private messages folder, she fired a quick response to Ranger and included pandabear:

Sent: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:30 pm
To: Ranger51, pandabear7

Hello,

The weird activity is being caused by an organisation who are calling themselves EVIL (original, I know). They have launched a full scale attack against YWS and many of our moderators have gone missing. I don't mean to alarm you, but this is very serious. Please try to lay low and stay away from Dante and megsug, at least one of them can not be trusted and I don't know which. Probably Dante, he's always been a trouble stirrer.

I have to go now. I can't stay connected for long or they will try to track my signal. Stay safe and don't lose hope, we will fight them to the end.

Rydia xx

Logging off the site, Heather connected her printer to the laptop and printed out a single page. It was a blueprint for the fables Reality Inducer and Rydia was going to build it. Her head was spinning with giddiness - she had never thought that the rumours were true or that such a machine could possibly exist, let alone that she might be the one to put it together!

It was going to take time though and she had to stay hidden. Rydia disguised herself in boy's clothes before leaving the flat and then made her way stealthily to the hardware store. She only hoped that AfterTheStorm and Nate and all the other moderators were still alive.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

70 Reviews

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 pm
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Beth Ann: A Warm Welcome

“Reality isn’t real,” Beth Ann mumbles groggily. Her head pounds in time with the dreadfully awful music blaring through the little room. She can’t focus. She can’t sleep. She can’t think.

Not much had occurred in the past hour or so (Beth Ann had lost count of the minutes), except a few guard changes and switching of the music. Oh, the music is horrid- if one can even classify the screaming and banging of drums blaring through the speakers as music. It encumbers her mind from assembling any logical sense of her fragmented thoughts. That was their plan, though, and she knows it. A couple of times over the last half-hour, a man in a polished suit would enter Beth Ann’s chamber to speak with her. He had been friendly enough, but the girl knew better than to allow her defenses to be distracted by his charisma. He’s an E.V.I.L. agent, after all. Every time the man left the room, Beth Ann would notice another figure slip through the chamber doors, unseen by the two guards monitoring her. She still doesn’t know who this small shadow is, but she hopes it to be an amiable specter.

In all honesty, Beth Ann currently exists in frightened state worse than any she has experienced prior to this mix-up. She truly didn’t understand the heavy weight of YWS’s safety threat, but now she perfectly understands Rydia’s and the other admins’ immense paranoia.

As AfterTheStorm’s head throbs and her neck aches from her position on the metal chair, she’s tempted to cry. “What good would that do, though?” she mutters bitterly under the chorus of another screamo song. “E.V.I.L. won’t take pity on me for the sake of sparing a few tears.”

Suddenly the music recedes from the room until it vanishes completely. The silence of the sleek chamber is almost as unbearable as the heavy metal cacophony Beth Ann had experienced a moment ago. The stillness hovering around Storm brings her to the brink of panicking. It’s unnerving. Then, the chamber door slides open once more, revealing three agents- two immaculately dressed men and a beautiful woman. One of the men, the taller of the two, waves at the guards stationed near Beth Ann. They nod to him and swiftly exit.

AfterTheStorm attempts to appear unafraid, but her façade is quickly fading. “Speak of the devil,” she says to the E.V.I.L. associates, her voice drenched with a bitter venom she hadn't known she was capable of possessing.

“How cute,” the tall, curly haired man clips in response. “I take that as a compliment. We give you a big, warm welcome to E.V.I.L., kid.”

The woman steps to Beth Ann and smiles. “Hope you’ve enjoyed your stay here, because things are about to heat up.”

Got Squills?

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet