z

Young Writers Society

An Adventure In Time and Space (Accepting!)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:56 pm
Sunshine says...

Raxa'Mioranne stood alone before the unwavering gaze of the Council of Time Lords.

"It won't be safe." The Time Lord President warns her.

"I'm aware."

"You'll have to ask for help from humans or other lowly creatures, even having to travel with them."

Raxa'Mioranne, Time Lady, frowns. "I know."

"Are you still willing to accept the mission?"

"I wouldn't miss it for anything."

The Time Lord president tosses her a key; a key that matches the lock of one of the TARDIS's in the storage, a TARDIS waiting impatiently for an adventure. Raxa'Mioranne smiles. "You won't be sorry."

"I should hope not."

THE MISSION

Raxa'Mioranne has accepted a mission. Three keys given to the Time Lords (travelers of all space and time who also tend to govern it) by the ancient Rarlions have been stolen and scattered across the whole of time and space. No one really knows what these keys can do, specifically, besides that they wield heavy sonic powers and are dangerous in the wrong hands. It took some convincing, but the young time lady Raxa'Mioranne has conned her way into the mission; with the condition that she gets help.

THE STAGES

Tracking the keys sonic powers, Time Lords have been able to pinpoint the exact location of each of the Rarlion's keys.

I. The American Colonies, Pre-Revolutionary War. (1770)
II. A small planet, mostly deserted in the Andromeda galaxy
III. The hardest to get to, Africa on an alternate Earth. This particular dimension recalls what would have happened if Africa was not damaged by European diseases.

THE TRANSPORTATION

Raxa'Mioranne was granted her own TARDIS on taking this mission. The TARDIS's are known for being much 'bigger on the inside'. It can travel all of space and time. The TARDIS also has a chameleon circuit, which allows Raxa'Mioranne to disguise it in whatever way seems fit.

THE PROFILE

Raxa'Mioranne figures she'll have to pick up all sorts to help her complete the mission; humans from all era's of Earth, odd humanoid aliens from faraway galaxies.

Spoiler! :
Name:
Time Period [If applies]:
Appearance:
Personality [Include stuff like fears, likes, dislikes]:
Brief History:

THE RULES

1. Romance is allowed, but no sex scenes. This is an adventure story!
2. I'm only allowing 4-5 companions MAXIMUM. However, I would absolutely adore to have people play characters that they meet during their mission. If you'd like to do that, please fill out a profile and have confidence that you'll be contacted when its show time!
3. No godmodding. There will be a lot of discussion in the DT about the aliens we'll meet, about the circumstances that come. I've only laid out the basic locations.
4. I'd love to finish this. Each location is a stage, and we'll try to keep it moving fluently. Don't move on before we're are ready, unless previously discussed!
5. Have fun!

Whovians.
Spoiler! :
This takes place way before the Time War happened. If the Doctor were around, he'd be in one of his earlier regenerations. The Time Lords still hate the Daleks, but they aren't all dead yet. Thanks for understanding!

Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:06 am
Kanome says...

So in order for me to make a character, does my character's history have to include the time period I am in? Like the stuff my character has gone through during that time period?
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

131 Reviews

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:10 pm
Sunshine says...

Yes, History should include what you have done in whatever time period you're in, but briefness is acceptable. There's also a time period slot in the profile anyway.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

What I would love (although I am not volunteering) would be a Frobisher comeback!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm
ExOmelas says...

When is this happening because I'm in the middle of prelims but I'd REALLY like to take part! :)

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

131 Reviews

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 pm
Sunshine says...

Frobisher? *Is confused*

@BiscuitsBatchAhoy: I'm glad to see some interest! Whenever we have enough people to start; I'm in exam week too, so no rush. I might start getting anxious this weekend, but its the number of people that count. Thanks for the interest! I hope to see a profile up when you have time. :)

---The Book Thief---

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Frobisher is the 6th doc's Bezomorph companion! (Call yourself a Whovian, *tsch*) :-)
The shape-shifting penguin!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:35 pm
QuantumDice says...

If you're up for it, I'd love to be a part of this! Sounds great fun! My worryingly detailed knowledge of the Whoniverse might also be handy, and I've got a copy of AHistory, a complete history of everything that has occurred in it, just to keep us to the record. I'll see if I can post a profile soon, shall I?
Captain Carne: What are they?
The Minister of Chance: Quantum dice. The sort of thing the other children played with while you were being harshly potty-trained.
-Colin Meek, Death Comes to Time

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain