z

Young Writers Society

Survival High (Closed)

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:00 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Welcome to Survival High, a school where survivors like you strive to save the world from the undead.

You are a high school student who is one of the survivors of the zombie apocalypse. You are to be taught the basics of survival, skills of weapons, and use your wits to survive the outside world of the undead.

The school is located in a closed sanctuary town, Elis, where survivors live and protect themselves and their families from the undead.

The student slots are full, and the teacher slots are full..

Profile Template:
Spoiler! :
Name:
History:
Likes/Dislikes:
Special Skills:

Teacher positions:
Spoiler! :
Weapon Knowledge - Tozallerii William Fay (ShadowWings)
Tactics - TacticBot2012 (EllaBliss)
Survival 101 - Brandon Caul (ReisePiecey)
Training - Kathleena Vaughn (pandabear7)

Student Slots:
Spoiler! :
1. Rayne Stroster (Kanome)
2. Kali Maybrook (TinyJarStoredDreams)
3. Armorda Ray (ShadowWings)
4. Luke Garson (sunwater)
5. Layola Gringer (pandabear7)
6. Tazmin Aaliyah Hunter (EllaBliss)
7. Talia Martinez (shinethroughthedark)
8. Raegan Vincent (Desticakes101)
9. Eva Wilbur (TriSARAHtops)
10.Darius Black (Inkpot)

School Schedule:
Spoiler! :
8:00am - 10:30am Weapon Knowledge
10:30am - 12:00pm Tactics
12:00pm- 1:00pm Lunch/Study Hall (Shooting practice)
1:00pm - 2:30pm Survival 101
2:30pm - 4:00pm Training

Uniforms: Mainly a white collar shirt with the school symbol on the left sleeve (Which is two swords making a X with an eagle in front of it) and just a pair of blue jeans (of your choice)..
Last edited by Kanome on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 am
Rurouni says...

May I make a student character and a teacher?
Cookies!

351 Reviews

Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:28 am
Kanome says...

Yes.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:18 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

I want to make a female student please and thank you! XD
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm
NicoleBri says...

I made a female teacher!

- Ayn Rand

351 Reviews

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:44 pm
Kanome says...

Rayne Stroster

Rayne was walking down the sidewalk, having his earbuds in his ears, listening to Death Metal on his mp3. He had his hands in his pockets, letting his white collar shirt hang flow with the breeze. He looked up at the building stood before him, sighing sadly at the thought of his parents being infected by one of them. Zombies.

"Survival High, huh...?"

He kept glancing at the building, hearing other students talking and laughing with each other. He sighed once again, walking inside the building as he took out a piece of paper from his pocket that showed the times he should be attending to his classes. "Weapon Knowledge...? That sounds interesting." He placed his schedule back in his pocket, looking for the room number: 267, at least, that's what it said on the schedule.

Rayne kept walking in the hallways, glancing at every classroom door for the number 267. He came to a stop at the last door at the end of the hallway, seeing the number 267 printed on the side of the door. He also saw the name of the teacher who is teaching this class... this Weapons Knowledge class. "Tozallerii... heh, that's a funny name. Well, let's get started."

He opened the door to his very first class on his first day of school.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

46 Reviews

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 pm
NicoleBri says...

Layola Nicole Gringer

Laya, being very tired, sat beneath a bush. She could barely keep her eyes open. When she was almost asleep there was screams coming from not far behind her. "Laya, stop being rebellious!" her foster mother yelled.
"You aren't my foster parent, I dont know who you are!" Layola yelled and ran off. She ran and ran but finally gave out and fell. Just ahead of her was a long bridge to another place she had no clue of, it was more like woods but she didn't care. "I have to go!" she yells to herself.
Crossing the long bridge she went through like an hour of woods before she reached a vast area of land. About a mile later, there it was, a big building, on it said Survival High. Laya was so excited to see something this wonderful.

One month later.....

As Laya entered her first class, Weapon Knowledge, she seen someone she had never saw before, before sitting down she smiled at everyone and her skirt hiked up a little further up her legs.

"Please sit, Laya." the teacher demanded.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 pm
NicoleBri says...

Kathleena Vaughn

The students at Survival High were tremendously smart. Not having kids of her own, Kathleena was happy to have become a teacher and helping others survive this, torturous time. Not every student was a happy type person, but in the end they somewhat came around with her. In her mind, the real reason she became a teacher was mainly to feel as though they were hers and she was helping them to be a better person.
Kathleena walked up the steps to the school and not a student was in site. She didnt even have to come right now but she had to get some stuff done so why not come early?
"Good morning." Kathleena said to all the students going to their first hour class.

When she finally got to her classroom, something didn't feel right, she didnt know what it was. Her first impression was to look out the window, and as she did, there they were.

Pulling an alarm, everyone knew what that meant, everyone got their weapons and headed out to the school yard to defend the school.

- Ayn Rand

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:46 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Kali

I walked out of my small apartment just at the edge of town my grey stolen backpack resting heavily on my back. I followed the sidewalk to my garage and swung it open to reveal my shiny black motorcycle. I smiled greedily at it as I popped on a helmet and crawled on top of the bike. I turned the key and listened to the bike purr before taking off into the street.

My hair flew in the wind behind me as I sped though the streets weaving through cars and people. I received many strange looks from walkers as I pulled a quick wheelie before turning into what was now my new school.

I parked my bike in the small school parking lot and turned off my bike. I threw my helmet in the small compartment in the back of the bike and shook out my long hair. I ran a quick hand through it and pulled out my schedule, Weapons Knowledge, something I would be good at. I smiled to my self before taking my keys out and walking into the school.

I watched all the kids file into Weapon Knowledge as I sat in a desk near the front of the class. I flicked a long strand of brown hair out of my eyes as a girl with purple and black hair took a seat next to me a nervous look across her face. I pulled my hood off from over my head and shoved my hand inside my pocket feeling out my lucky knife. I gripped the cool leather on the handle and watched as more students filed in.

"I'm Laya," The purple haired girl said looking up from her lap.

"Kali," I replied with a sideways smile.

Laya nodded and turned back to staring at her lap just as the teacher walked in.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 pm
Sassafras says...

Brandon Caul

Brandon woke quickly and quietly, eyes already checking the horizon for the sun. The sky was still dark but was starting to lighten in the way that Brandon knew it was going to be morning soon. The groaning of zombies sounded below him and instantly he was fully awake. He grabbed his ax from the side of his bedroll and crawled quietly to his tree house window.

"What a way to begin the morning," he whispered quietly to himself.

Instead of jumping down and fighting, he waited for the small horde to pass. It was maybe twenty five or thirty zombies, something he could outrun with enough effort, but nothing he wanted to deal with so early in the day. So instead he just kept his main weapon in sight and carefully got ready for the day. By the time the horde was safely away the sun was already up and shining, and Brandon was late for class. Living out in the woods in his tree house was Brandon's preferred living, the growing community a few miles out really didn't suit his style - too much noise, it was an inevitable target for attack - but it sure was closer to his work. Even furiously biking to the school he was still twenty minutes late for class.

Brandon burst into class, sweating, undid tie, and panting with an apologetic smile on his face.

"So sorry class," he rushed out. "Trouble in the woods. Which leads me into our lesson today: how to deal with hordes. You don't if you can avoid it, honestly, but when you can't get around it here is what you should do..."

---

Brandon was maybe fifteen minutes into his lesson, teaching how to make quick traps and distractions, when the alarm went off. Instantly the classroom sprung into action. Brandon grabbed his ax from his bag and started to wrap his arms with duct tape.

"This is a test grade," he announced as his class gathered, weapons in hand, in front of him. "Ashton, Bradie, and Emily you all get extra credit for wrapping your arms. Let's go, I'll be watching."

The group set out to the front of the school, facing the zombie horde headed for them. This one was much bigger than the one that passed Brandon that morning, and his gripped his weapon tighter. Leaving his class, he went to go meet up with the other teachers, who were all huddled in the front of their small army.

"Morning," he greeted. "I'll just jump into it and say my class can take the left flank."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:26 am
EllaBliss says...

Tazi

Years ago;
"Mommy, why am I different then you and daddy," asks five-year-old Tazmin on the top deck of the cruise ship. She looks up expectantly to the kind face of her mother.
"Because you're you," answers her mother, turning her head towards the stars. Tazmin's mother frowns at the thought of telling Tazi that she's a clone. She looks back down to her daughter, breathing in the fresh night air. She smiles and crouches down to match the height of Tazmin. She wraps her arms around Tazmin's shoulders.

"Get to the lifeboats," screams a man. The boat rumbles, lurching far to the right. Tazmin's mother falls over the railing. Her fingers are grasped around the metal bar.
"Mommy! Hold on," yells Tazmin. She races off to find help. "Mister, mister," she cries, rapidly shaking the man's leg. "My mommy's in trouble!"
"What's happened, little girl," says the man. He follows Tazmin to the railing.
"Mommy, I got help," Tazmin looks toward the railing.
"I'll get you to the lifeboats," says the man. He grabs Tazmin's mother's hand, pulling her up halfway. The boat tips further to the right, causing both the man and Tazmin's mother to fall overboard. Tazmin watches as they splash into the cold depths below.
"No! Mommy," screams Tazmin. An older man brings her to the lifeboats.

The older man drops her into the lifeboat and straps her down. He runs back into the boat to get more people. Tazmin is wet and cold. A tear escapes onto her cheek. The lifeboat begins to lower into the water. The man controlling the boat turns on the motor. The lifeboat starts to move away from the cruise ship. The thing that tipped the ship comes racing toward the lifeboat. It crashes into it, sending pieces of it flying everywhere. Tazmin unstraps herself from her shard of lifeboat wreckage, standing up. "Incoming wave," somebody yells. The boat hits the water, sending a large wave towards the wreckage of the lifeboat. Tazmin is ready. The wave hits the wreckage, bringing the pieces into the air. Tazmin rides the wave to shore.

After walking five miles into the land, Tazmin comes across a town. She is relieved to find some sort of shelter from natural forces. She walks down the street.
"Free survival kits," yells a salesperson on the side of the road. It is now very clear to Tazmin that she would need one of these. She grabs one and keeps walking.

She wandered the city. After a few days, Tazmin stops in front of some type of school building. The sign says 'Survival High'. She moves her hand towards the handle.
"Not so fast little girl," says a nice lady coming out of the door. "This is a school for big kids. Wait until you are older," she smiles. Tazi takes her advice and sits outside of the door. She waits. She does not know she will be waiting for a long time.

Today;
Now fourteen years old, Tazmin picks up her empty survival kit and walks into the school. It is her first day. She stops by the office to pick up a schedule and a patch with the school symbol on it. She runs into the bathroom quickly. Tazi looks into the mirror quickly. "Sewing kit.. check," she says, taking a needle and sewing the symbol onto the white blouse she's been wearing for nine years straight. "What's happened to my voice," she says shakily. She understands why she's grown bigger and taller, but she sounds like an entirely different person. She finishes sewing the symbol on and embraces the mirror again.

She didn't really think about clothes in nine years, and now she wishes she had. She doesn't want to be late for class, so she decides to change when she can. She races off to class, not even thinking about what others would think about a fourteen-year-old running in the halls with a skirt many sizes too small and overall straps holding it up. She enters the classroom, sitting down. She doesn't notice the rude looks from her peers. She looks towards the front of the classroom with all her concentration.

About fifteen minutes into the lesson, the alarm starts beeping. She follows everybody outside. She crouches behind a zombie as one of her peers trips it over backwards. He bashes the zombie's skull to pieces. Tazmin has found a short-term friend.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:32 am
sunwater says...

Luke Garson

Well walking I searching the ground well traveling looking for any plants that I could put in my make shift first aid bag. The silence of the forest in disturbed by a blaring of a alarm that seemed not so far from me.finally my traveling has payed off people must have set that alarm off. It was a sense of comfort of maybe seeing people again after traveling for 2 weeks in the woods.wait why would there be a alarm going off?could it be they where being attacked. I grab my hatchet.

When I get to where the sound is coming from a see teenagers and some older people warring through a pack of zombies. I was in shock to see how they where fighting like a team. But before I could think about running away and let them handle it I hear more zombies coming from behind me in the forest. Well now knowing I'm surrounded the only choice I have is to help. So I start bashing in heads with the back of the hatchet the feeling felt great helping people I think I was made for this.

351 Reviews

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm
Kanome says...

Rayne Stroster

Rayne noticed two girls walking inside the classroom behind him. All he could do was move out of their way, letting them pass by him. The girls stared at him for an instant, making Rayne smile and wave at them as a polite gesture.

"Everyone, take your seats." The teacher demanded.

The teacher, or Mr. Tozallerii, told the class about his history, what the class was about, and what must we do to protect ourselves from the Undead. Rayne sighed softly, listening to the teacher's lecture until he felt a tap on his shoulder, causing him to turn to see one of the girls sitting in a desk behind him.

"I'm Laya." She whispered to him, smiling gently.

Rayne chuckled softly. "I'm Rayne. Nice to meet you."

Rayne looked at her, thinking that he just made a new friend.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 pm
Rurouni says...

Tozallerii Fay

The old man ran a tense hand through his hair as the students took their seats, he was nervous, and it scared him, these were just kids, not the raw Kurama who had trained him.
Sighing he cracked his knuckles and sighed when the last student sat down.

"Morning, I'm Tozallerii Fay. You may call me Tozar if Tozallerii is too hard to say." He chuckled and coughed when a student raised her hand.
"Yes?"
"You look too young to be a teacher."
"I'm really over two hundred years old." he smiled, "I'm immortal, made myself immortal. My teacher was immortal as well, but he died in an explosion of chaos. Poor Yoko." He sighed and shook his head, "So I'm the weapon knowledge teacher, and not only will I teach you about weapons, I'll demonstrate what they can do."
The students stirred a bit and Tozar frowned, "I was trained by a thief, he was a demon really. Of course that's not for you to know. And I have to be one of the best fighters we have because of the raw power my teacher had."
The students now stiffened a bit and murmured among themselves.
"Of course I doubt you could do what Yoko made me do, and I would hate to do that to you, so consider yourselves blessed he's dead."
There was more murmuring and Tozar shook his head, he opened his mouth to speak when the alarm went off.
Cookies!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:56 pm
Ciblio says...

Talia Martinez

I stood in front of my siblings and Ma.

"Mi bebé, usted no tiene que ir." Ma said to me.

She only knew how to speak Spanish.

"No, mamá. Yo quiero hacer esto. Me tengo que ir, yo te amo."

She smiled sadly, and kissed my forehead.

"Be quiet, don't attract any attention while I'm gone. I'll be back in a while." I told Joseph and Maria.

They nodded, and I said goodbye, and left quietly.

Making sure my bag was on my back, I sighed and thought of how to get to the school.

My bag consisted of my Ma's good knife, the push dagger I had found in some old mans abandoned house, and a Katar that my uncle had given me, before sacrificing himself to save me, Jo, Maria, and Ma. I also had a few rolls of gauze, tape, and rubbing alcohol.

We lived in a small house, boarded up, in town. Not a lot of the undead came towards us, but sometimes they were a little bit of trouble.

Our house was in the middle of the towns only alley.

I jogged down the alley, and ran through the streets, headed towards the school.

Being as quiet as I possibly could be, I arrived at the school in about 17 minutes, tops.

I went to the office, got my schedule, patch, changed, then went to my first class.

Room 267, Weapon Knowledge.

I already knew a lot about weapons, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to learn some more.

Entering the class, I noticed that I was the last one, and took a seat in the back.

The teacher started talking about his life, his trainer, some other stuff. I zoned out, playing with my Katar.

I was snapped back to reality when I heard an alarm go off. I watched everybody get up, and start heading out, quickly.

I grabbed my push dagger, and Katar, and headed out with them.

"Mierda." I whispered, once I saw the problem.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief