z

Young Writers Society

DreamLand (Closed, Started)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:16 pm
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Grace | Astenophobia | First Zone/ Being taken

I found my self sitting alone in a field. I sighed and stood up looking around for anybody.

"Dylan, Hope, Kanna?" I yelled jumping up and down trying to see further.

I sighed and then started to scream as my body was swept off the ground. I screamed louder and then something hit my had and I was out.

~~~~

I woke again in a dark room with Hope and Dylan next to me both bleeding. I instantly started crying as I tying to get out of the chains. I was stopped by a man hitting me across the cheek. I gasped as blood dripped from my nose.

"Stupid girl," The voice hissed kicking me in the gut forcing me onto the ground.

I heard the familiar sound of a whip and screamed. I was struck across my cheek and then again on my forehead. I saw Dylan and Hope both sit up as my screams rang throughout the room.

"Grace!" Dylan screamed before being hit with the whip.

I shrugged against the chains and managed to kick the figures legs making him fall on the ground. He stood quickly back up screaming and then took out his knife and cut across my neck. I screamed at him as he took his final hit knocking me face down onto the floor. Then it went black again.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:58 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Padma Menon/The ice kingdom/Ophidiophobia

I heard drum rolls wherever I went. People cherished their new hero. Women and men, boys and girls without any difference in their caste and creed bent over and bowed in front of me. I was surprised by their sudden praisings, all I ever did was wound two weapon-less men and save myself from the dead that was staring at my face. What is that got to do anything with these people? I wondered while I travelled in a bull cart with Mani and his lord Patak, the tall man whose face never got rid of the sneering smile which he had when he came to take me over to see Maharaja. He stared at me with his brooding eyes. He let his eyesight abuse me in the broad day light while his faithful mongrel Mani witnessed it. I clenched my fists and tightened my jaws, and that’s when I realised that I got the slimy creature curled up in my neck. It tightened my muscles that connected, to have my head stick to my body. The snake hissed at Patak, letting its gory tongue in and out. Mani who sat next to me, shifted in his seat and looked at his boss nervously. The snake sat up, revealing its palm-face and hissed louder as I clenched my fist harder. That was great. The snake can feel me? I turned side-ways to look at it and it slowly turned to look at me. He was blind, his tiny black eyes reflected my face but his sensory nerves failed to pick up my image. So he stared, with love and hopelessness. I smiled at him and as if he saw what I did he curled up one more time and with his back of his head he brushed my chin and almost kissed my cheek. He loves me. We pecked each other all the way to the palace. I glanced at lord Patak and his sneer has long vanished and was replaced by shocking gawk. The bull cart stopped in front of a huge wall made up of burnt stones. The gates were decorated with iron rods and it stood majestically, revealing very small fragments of the white palace. I jumped out.
“Where are you going?” asked Pratak.
I shrugged and said, “Walk?”
“The cart can pass through the gate. And its only because of me.” He said stressing the last word with proudness and arrogance.
“Yea, but they want to check me.” I said, pointing at the fully armed guards and walked towards them. In spite of being fully armed and with a heavy built body, they seemed scared of my silly pet which kept flitching at my neck.
“No, mam. You can pass through the gate.” said a guard with hint of shiver in his voice.
“Why?” I blurted out. “Just check me, will you?” I growled at them, spreading both my hands to the sides.
The guard who was visibly scared, touched my legs and made his way to my boots. Another guard turned to write my name on the visitors list. Since, he found nothing in my boots the guard stood up and walked to my back, he was so scared even to ask me turn back for him. I slipped my hand on his hip and smoothly pulled out his knife and tucked it away in my jeans.
I walked inside the gate, the roads were evenly laid and huge stones buried at the edges providing a seat for tried passengers. The whole town hustled with people buying goods. The bull cart raced to the palace, but it didn’t bother me as I was indulged with the town’s people and their behaviour, they seemed rather calm unlike the people in the market. It seemed like there were two kinds of group within the town. No one recognized me, when anyone laid their eyes on me they smiled calmly and bowed their heads, they did that to almost anyone they saw.
~~~~~
I was in the garden of the Palace, the roses bloomed, shimmered their scarlet scent and danced to the tune of the slow winds.
A boy was sitting in the stone bench, scared and lost.
“Hey!” I said, trying hard to be friendly, it’s been a while since I’ve met a anyone around my age and I was glad I found him, “What are doing here?” I added.
“I don’t know.” He said, staring at the snake which was curled up in my neck.
“You don’t know?” I said, feeling pity at the youngling. There is something wrong with the town, there are two different kinds of people and a boy who doesn’t know what he was doing here? Just like me. I thought. “Did Maharaja bring you here?” I added
“No. Who is Maharaja?” he asked, still not taking his eyes from my snake. To his surprise, my sanke played with his fear, he danced, hissing and slurping his tongue. I giggled and turned away. Maharaja and Patak looked at me from long French window which was in the second floor.
“Okay, see you later,” I said to the boy was now pale and left him alone.
~~~~~
I walked inside the Palace, it provided a sudden placate. The walls were decorated with paintings of the deceased in a way of honouring them. The furnitures were scarcely scattered all over the place. I walked into the rooms and climbed the tiled stairs, the handle was curved with great care . Each floor had a different animal at the end of the handler. I stopped at the elephant, it appeared realistic only difference was that it was small and that it’s an wood.
“You think it’s her” I heard someone say, it’s probably Patak. He growled and stressed every word he said. “She must be a rebellious child. Her parents would have sent her out of their home for this reason.”
“No. I won’t allow you to talk about our saviour in this manner, to me.” From what I heard, I immediately recognized Maharaja’s voice.
“She is not. She just took the snake in her hand. Have you lost your mind? It’s just a snake. A goddamn snake, for Lord Siva’s sake.” said Patak.
“Yes, it is the snake of Lord Siva. It’s Naga.” Said Maharaja. The silence filled the room.
“But, that’s not possible. We lost Naga centuries ago.” Said Patak shockingly.
“You remember, Murthi went to for the hunt a couple of days ago. And he found it.” Said Maharaja in very husky voice.
“And you thought it is just not important to inform me?” asked an agitated Patak.
“I’m sorry. You know we need to keep a secret.” said Maharaja apologetically.
Patak stormed out of the room and caught me standing near the stairs. The door was wide open for Maharaja to see me. The both stood without moving an inch, gasping at my presence.
To Break up the awkward silence, I blurted "I'm hungry."
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Dylan| Enochlophobia| Unknown location

I’m not sure how long we’ve been in the white room for, but I know it has been a while. I wonder if anyone has noticed we’re gone. Etain certainly knew Hope was missing. I wonder if she’ll come after me. It surprised me so much that she suddenly didn’t hate me when she returned from trying to find Hope covered in blood.
The white door opens, and a tall man steps in. His skin is pale, and his eyes are black. He has high cheek bones and a prominent nose. His face is gaunt and his cheeks are hollow, his face looking more skeletal than fleshy. Black hair hangs in waves just passed his ears, and he has a muscular build, although also lean. He’s tall and has black pants and a grey jacket on.
“Well,” he drawls, his accent smooth, slightly British, but more American, “here was have it.”
He glides over to Hope and smiles at her, showing two rows of needle-like teeth. Hope winces and tries to press herself against the wall. He bends down to peer at her, his grin widening.
“Don’t touch her!” I growl. Ok, it was more of a squeak.
The man turns to look at me, mocking surprise in his eyes, followed by amusement. “Oh? And what are you going to do about it?” He hisses.
I lick my lips, dry and beginning to crack. “Well … something, I guess,” I mumble.
“Like what?” He snaps, anger rising.
Oh shit. “Kick your arse to the real world!” I yell. Oh shit. What’s wrong with me? Am I trying to get myself killed? No, I’m trying to keep him away from Hope.
The man glares at me, rising to his full height, and glides to stand over me. I try to stare back defiantly, but my eyes dart from his, and I cower back. The man laughs, his head thrown back, the sound booming through the white room.
“You,” he begins after sobering, “are weak, and you couldn’t defeat me, not even with your life!”
Etain flashes through my mind, tall and elegant on her horse, blood all over her. Strangely, that image fills me with courage. I lift my chin and my eyes snap to the man’s.
“Oh you’ll be surprised,” I say, voice low. “But if you touch us, you’ll have Etain to deal with.”
The man swings his head around, groaning. “Oh you’re all so pathetic,” he snarls. “Your precious little Etain won’t save you! She can’t save you! She’s a dog in need of a master, and I’m a Master.” He turns around and waves his hand in the air in front of his chest, and the tables with the sharp tools appear again. “Tell me, boy. Is Etain pretty?”
I exchange a glance with Hope, and then stare at the back of the man’s head. “Sorry?”
He turns to face me. “Etain. Is she pretty or not?” He presses irritably.
I give him an incredulous look. “Does it matter?” I ask.
“Yes, fool, yes it does,” he picks up a curved blade from the table without looking. “Is she pretty?”
I shrug. “I guess … in a … way,” I give him a side-eyed look. “Why are you asking?”
He smiles, his needle-like teeth flashing. “Ah, you’ll find out later. Now for the fun part,” he walks over to me and bends down.
He reaches for my hand, but I lash out. I bring my foot up and smash it into his nose. His head goes back with a sharp crack, and there is a moment of absolute silence, both Hope and I holding our breaths. Then there is a growl that sends shivers down my spine. The man before me brings his head forward, and black blood drops from his nose. The look in his black eyes scares me more than my nightmare, and that’s saying something.
“You. Will. Pay,” he growls savagely.
He grabs my feet and puts his knees on them. I wince in pain, my eyes darting to the curved blade in his hand. He grabs my shirt-front and lifts me up.
“Now for the really fun part,” he hisses with glee, and the knife moves toward my chest.
He cuts off my shirt deftly, and rips it off of me. The severed material floats to the ground, and my eyes dart over to Hope, who’s staring at me with wide, frightened eyes.
‘I’m so sorry,’ she mouths.
‘No. It’s ok,’ I mouth back, and then I scream in pain.
I look down to see a thin line of red travelling from my left collar bone to the right side of my chest. Blade beads roll down my skin slowly. I hadn’t even felt the blade touch my skin. But now I can. And it really hurts.
The man brings the blade back and does the same thing, only from my right collar bone to the left side of my chest, in a thin cross. Again, I scream. My scream reverberates through the room, and when I stop, I can hear Hope’s sobbing.
“I think I’ll leave your pretty face for now,” he drawls, nose almost pressing against mine. “But your body. It’s now mine.”
He disappears from before me, whether by magic or because I’m too dazed by pain to have noticed he’d gotten up and walked away. But I can hear him cackling from as he leaves the room, and then Hope is leaning over me, crying, hands hovering over my cut chest.
“Why … didn’t he … touch you?” I wheeze out, trying to sit up.
“I don’t know,” she sobs. “I wish it had been me and not you.”
I shake my head as she helps me to lean against the wall. “No. It’s better me than you,” I say as firmly as I can, wincing in pain. Why does it hurt? It shouldn’t hurt, this is a dream!
Hope’s sobbing brings me from my daze and I grab her and hug her as best I can. She hugs me back, her face buried in my neck. She cries and cries, and when she pulls back, two lines travel from her eyes to her chin, with blood stains on the front of her shirt.
“We’ll get out of this,” I tell her firmly. “We’ll get out. Etain will come for us, and she’ll save us.”
Hope smiles faintly and nods. All I can do is pray to whatever Divine is up there that we do get out of here. Or that Etain will find us and rescue us.
Unknown POV

I pace in my thrown room. My nose throbs, and I can easily heal it, but the pain fuels my anger, which satisfies me. Anger satisfies me greatly. It makes me feel … angry.
But that boy. He has a lot of spirit. I smile with pure malice and glee at the thought of how I’m going to break that spirit. He’s going to hurt. And then the girl will be next. I chuckle wryly. Two birds with one stone. I’ll break the boy’s spirit and the girl’s. They’ll both be mine within the next couple of days. The girl will see what I’m capable of. Scare her. The boy will endure pain, and watch his little friend scream with sorrow while she watches him suffer. I’ll destroy her sanity, and then her will.
“Master?” One of the soldiers comes running over to me, stopping a few metres from within striking distance.
“What?” I snap, angry to be pulled from my musing.
“The girl … the other one you want … we have her within sight. Should we take her?” The man stammers.
I pause the think about it. “No,” I finally decide. “Not yet. I have the two I want, and soon I’ll have that dog, Etain, sitting at my feet. And then the rest of them will all be mine.”
The soldier nods, hovering in the one spot. My anger makes me whip around to glare at him. “Well? Don’t you have better things to do than stand their like an idiot?” I roar at him.
The man squeaks and runs away. I shake my head with disgust, and continue my pacing and musing. These two will break, and I will be laughing the whole time!
>:3
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:56 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Archer Thomas, Knives, Second Zone

The other real-world person left as soon as she decided that Archie was alright. Now the question was, how was he going to get around? Crab-walking had gotten him only so far, and he was already exhausted.
Glancing around, Archie could see only plants and rocks. Everything, the walkways, the fountains, even the palace that he could just see on the horizon all seemed to be made of marble. The vines didn't grow around metal trellises, but on wooden frames, and even the irrigation system lacked an ounce of metal. Well, that all rested on whether Archie's weird metal powers even still worked.
Archie scooted towards the palace, hoping that they had plumbing he could disrupt.
They did, in fact. A huge fountain made almost entirely of precious metals rose right in front of the palace's center. After checking to ensure no one could see, Archie concentrated on the fountain. He could sense the weak points in its welding, each bend just waiting to happen. Archie clenched his teeth, and with the sound of a squeaking door, ripped the fountain out of the ground.
It hovered for a second before Archie brought it closer and climbed into the bottom. Then he flew away as fast as possible.
It seemed like hours before Archie chanced upon a landscape he recognized. He had just soared over jungles, mountains, even part of an ocean, before nearing the hilly area he thought he'd started in. Slowing down, he peered at the few shrub-like trees, trying to see if they were the same as the ones from before.
And then he spotted them, two people sitting on the rocks near their cave. "Kanna!" he called, "Hey! Kanna!"
The girl looked up, her eyes widening in delight. "Archie! Glad you could join us!"
Lowering himself, Archie smiled. "I'm back!" He sat the fountain down right beside the rock and swung his one leg in thought. "The real world was sort of a bummer," he said, "but I guess I can manage."
"Hey," said the stranger. Archie flinched at his voice. The Australian accent made him sound almost as scary as Etain. "Who's this new kid?"
Kanna seemed to realize right away that Archie was trembling too much to speak and introduced him. "And this is Ash," she said, gesturing to the stranger.
"Uh... Hello, Ash."
"Nice to meet you, Archie." Then he pointed at Archie's leg. "And what's with your leg?"
Kanna followed Ash's finger, gasping as soon as she understood. "Archie! What happened when you woke up? Why is your leg gone?"
Archie smiled reluctantly, feeling his eyes start to water. He quivered unimaginably hard before whispering, "it was already gone when I first came. I just didn't believe it."
"But why?" both Kanna and Ash asked.
"Promise you won't tell the police?" Archie said, "Please? I'm not ready yet. Peter hasn't brought me a laptop yet. I can't make sure I'm safe."
Kanna nodded, her eyes wide. Ash just pricked one eyebrow and gestured for Archie to continue.
Suddenly it came, a wave of tears streaming down Archie's face. His voice became hoarse with the catching of his words in his throat. "I-I-I made it worse," he said, "Some people hijacked my plane home, wanting to kill the Secretary of Energy because he was going to visit the lab near my hometown. I never noticed though, because I was too busy." He realized he was telling this to a total stranger, and then stopped, hiccuping on his tears.
"Too busy?" Ash said suspiciously.
Archie nodded. "Busy solving my Rubik's cube. I tried to cut a turn and broke it into pieces. Then, when I got up to clean up after myself..."
The others had leaned closer to him, their faces wrought with worry. He shouldn't have said anything.
"They-the hijackers that is-told me that I wasn't supposed to get up. And then. And then... Then they smashed my head into a window and the next part was fuzzy. But I remembered, kind of."
"What happened?" Kanna asked, her voice soft.
"They cut it off." Archie's voice was a shadow now. "They cut it off, and I didn't want to believe it until I woke up and it was gone."
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:56 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Valmond, Electric Kingdom, storms, recurring nightmare

It was getting colder and darker. My footsteps were breaking the silence of the night, and I could now see strange shadows lurking around me. As I advanced deeper into the ruined city, my fear grew stronger and stronger. But I knew I would not give up: I had to defeat my nightmare this time. It was my dream after all, and I was the one who should be in complete control of it.
A sudden noise alerted me: it was coming from the shoulder bag I had brought along with the dark red magician suit I was wearing.
-...Mmm... Mmhmm...!
I opened my bag. A metallic insectoid-shaped doll was staring at me with cyan glowing eyes. Its long antennas were endlessly moving, as if trying to catch something in the air.
-As I was saying, whispered Aporia, you should use those goggles of yours. I sense trouble ahead...
-Are you sure we shouldn't wait a bit longer?
I perceived a movement to my left. There were shadows around me alright. But not all of them belonged to the buildings.
-Forget what I said!
My hand reached my top hat and I switched on the flashlight goggles wrapped around it. I resumed walking, looking around with a powerful light beam by my side. Every mysterious shadow was now avoiding my goggle's gaze, for it would expose them directly into the light. I was jubilating: I would finish this part of the nightmare in no time with my new gadgets!
-I can't believe it's working so well, I whispered. This is even too easy compared to the last times!
-Careful, Valmond, said Aporia in a warning tone. This is only the beginning you shouldn't celebrate just yet.
As much as I hated when he decided to spoil my pleasure, I had to admit that he was right. My goggles wouldn't enlighten my way forever, and I would certainly need them later. I kept walking for what seemed like a hour, until cold rain and freezing wind combined their might against me, thus making the nightmare I was in even worse. I kept my head down to avoid the rain from blinding me, but I couldn't stop myself from shivering before the powerful wind.
However, I had once again a trick to diminish my suffering. I simply covered myself up with my Phantom Cloak and kept advancing.
-The Shadows are still here.
-Thanks for the reminder, Aporia, I said in a sarcastic tone. I really needed to hear that to feel better.
-Instead of complaining, you should keep walking and mind your surroundings.
Once again I had no choice but to follow my trusty comrade's wise advice. The shadows were still afraid of my goggles, but they were not afraid of following me.
-Troublesome to the utmost...
-Don't worry, we're almost out of town.
I looked up, my goggle's gaze accompanying mine. The road was going up, which meant we had reached what I believed was the final part of the nightmare: the mountain road. I instantly stopped and switched off my goggles. Seconds after my halt, a thunderbolt illuminated the sky, with its impressive noise following it.
Although I anticipated that part of the nightmare, I couldn't stop my entire body from shaking.
-Valmond! Don't give up now! You still have some tricks by your side!
I took a deep breath and tapped my shoes on the ground. A little click confirmed that my next gadget was functioning. Rollerskates wheels popped out of the interior of my shoes, and I struggled to keep my balance. After a couple of minutes, I finally felt ready.
-Hopefully the thunderbolts around you won't scare you too much...
-Dang it Aporia! Which side are you on?!
-The losing side. In other words, yours.
-What?! But I'm currently winning!
Another frightening thunderbolt resounded. It was near my current position.
-That was probably to remind you not to lie to both yourself and the nightmare you're in. Now get moving.
-Yeah, well, I wasn't planning on staying anyway.
The shadows around me were getting more persistent, which convinced me to keep moving. I knew they would stop following me from here, since the thunderbolts would make them disappear with their brief yet powerful light.

As I dashed forward, trying to keep my balance regardless of the rocks and pebbles, both my cloak and my cape were gracefully floating in harmony with the wind. More thunderbolts were unleashing their imperial voices around me, and they were getting closer and closer. One of them hit a huge rock behind me, and the explosion was intense enough to throw me on the ground. I quickly got up and resumed my crazy rush. A thunderbolt destroyed the place where I had stopped a couple of seconds ago, inviting me to speed up.
-I can't... Go... Any... Faster...!
I was growing tired, and I had also reached my maximum speed.
-Just keep going, screamed Aporia over the thunderous sounds. You're almost at the top!
A new thunderbolt illuminated the sky, allowing me to briefly lay my eyes on the peak of the mountain road. I would conquered my fear. I would finally defeat the storm. I would finally-
-Stop! Change direction! Now!
-Aporia? But there's no thun...
And I suddenly remembered what happened the only other time I managed to get this far. Right when a light of hope had lit in my heart, a cruel light of despair had destroyed it.
But not this time.
I slowed down and, facing a randomly chosen direction, threw myself on the ground. A thunderbolt destroyed a rock that I had completely missed, blinded as I was by my future success. The rock fell down, gained momentum and descended the road as quickly as I had come, destroying in its path the spot I was running on a couple of seconds ago. If I hadn't move out, I would've been squashed by it and doomed to start my nightmare all over again.
-What would I do without you, Aporia...
-No need to thank me. You're the one with the good reflexes. Now go and finish the job.
-Right!
I got up and finally reached the top of the mountain road. The dark clouds and all their frightening envoys were gone: The wind had stopped as suddenly as it had came, the rain had stopped with it, the lurking shadows were nowhere to be found, and the thunderbolts had also disappeared. The surreal calm was back.
-Back to square one, I whispered.
-The calm after the storm, Aporia added in agreement.
I switched on my flashlight goggles and scanned the area. There was a silver gray treasure chest standing on its own right in front of me. It was small enough to be put away in my bag, but I wanted to know what was in it.
-Are you sure it's safe for you to open up this chest? Said a worried Aporia. It could be another trap.
-Look, I just outran some random shadows in a city, roller skated all the way up here, and all this with the fury of natural elements that only wanted me to fail in my quest. At this point I don't even care if this is a trap or not, I'm just following my instinct. I'll deal with whatever comes next, be it a trap or not.
-...Fair enough. Go ahead then, I won't stop you.
There was a red button at the center of the chest. I hastily pressed it, eager to know what it contained. But as the chest opened, a bright light appeared out of seemingly nowhere and I closed my eyes. When I opened them to see what was the cause of the light, I could not believe my eyes.
Standing in front of me were five... Things. The first one was a shadowy figure with glowing red eyes. The second one was a watery figure, its shape always troubled by wave-like movements. The third one was a living tornado with arms and legs, pebbles and dust constantly floating around its humanoid silhouette. The fourth one was human-shaped as well, but covered in thunder and lightning, almost too bright for my eyes to handle. And the fifth one...
My heart missed a heartbeat.
It was... Me. A mechanical version of me, to be precise, with glowing orange eyes, proving that it was "activated". I had never even thought about such a machine, and certainly not created it.
-Looks like opening that chest was a bad idea after all, whispered Aporia.
-Who or what are you?! I asked to the mysterious beings in front of me.
They stared at me in return. The mechanical version of myself took one step forward.
-We are the PhoBits, he articulated. We represent what you fear the most. We are what you cannot understand.
-Oh really? I angrily answered. Well you are also what I can overcome! Because if you indeed are my fears, then you can return inside of the chest right now! I just defeated you all!
-All but one, said the clone. And that is me. I am the fear that you keep hidden even to yourself.
-Then let's finish this. Do your trick, and I shall overcome it. I've had it up to here with this nightmare!
He stayed silent for a while.
-You cannot defeat what you don't understand, he finally said. And you don't seem to understand what I represent.
-You obviously represent me.
A devilish smirk twisted his face.
-And this is precisely why you cannot defeat me. You don't understand yourself.
My breath quickened uncontrollably as I realized he was right.
-Don't listen to him, whispered Aporia, who apparently had been completely unnoticed by my dreadful guests. You came all the way up here, didn't you?
That was also right. And there were still some elements I knew about myself.
-I am Valmond Bauldryan, I started. This is the name the ones that care deeply about me chose from me. I don't know my past, but I know my present, and hope for my future. I fear what I cannot control, and my fear of storms is only representing this. It is merely a shape of my phobia.
I locked my gaze into my double's.
-You too are something that I cannot control. A blast from the past that I might never know anything about, much less understand or counter. And yet...
I raised the open chest over my head.
-...And yet you should stay locked away, you and your companions, for I do not fear you! I DO NOT FEAR YOU!
Another bright light made its appearance. I could see it this time: it was coming from inside the chest. All the beings in front of me were being sucked back into the chest by a mysterious force. My clone stared at me, still smiling.
-Listen well, kid...
The shadow PhoBit was the first one to be sucked into the chest.
-...You may have overcame this nightmare, including me, but know that this is far from over...
The wind PhoBit followed. The aqueous PhoBit tried to escape, but his efforts were in vain.
-...As long as you don't know what I represent, you can only partially defeat me...
The aqueous PhoBit was finally sucked into the chest as well. Two left.
-...This means you can only partially defeat all of us... We are the fragments of one entity, and that is your true fear...
The lightning PhoBit was sucked in without resistance. I slowly approached my last enemy.
-...And as long as you let your dreams flow, your true fear shall always lurk around you. It will pursue you forever! We will meet again, Valmond... Sooner than you think!
-BEGONE!
With a dramatic laugher, the last PhoBit finally disappeared into the chest.
I sat on the ground and sighed of relief.
-At long last... This stupid nightmare will stop bothering me!
-But Valmond...
Aporia's unexpected voice troubled me.
-What is it?
-The light from your chest... It hasn't completely faded away.
I looked at it and realized that it was true. And without warning, a third ray of light enveloped me, forcing me to close my eyes.
I instantly woke up.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:06 pm
FatCowsSis says...

Hope Kyler, Algophobia, Somewhere Unknown

I watched in horror as the awful man began cutting at Dylan's chest. I screamed in remembrance. No, this had already happened to Shiloh. I wasn't going to watch another one of my friends die from the hands of a cruel man. I wouldn't be able to take it. But I couldn't do anything. "No." I whispered. "Not again."

By the time the man had left I was shaking. "Dylan." I whispered. He didn't move. "DYLAN!!!" I shrieked. "No, not again." I gasped, my chest rising and falling rapidly. Grace looked over at me. "Hope." She said, sounding scared. I couldn't blame her. I was scared of myself. "Not again." I said. "Shiloh. Dylan. Who else must die?" My voice shook with anger. "Why is it ME?" I screamed. I was reaching the breaking point, and Grace knew it. She backed as far away from me as she could, looking scared.

I rose to my feet, my legs shaking. "Curse these chains!" I screamed. "I'll kill you! I'll kill you!" The door flew open. Grace stifled a scream. "SHUT UP!" The man roared. "You killed him!" I said. "You KILLED HIM!"
"Shut up BRAT!!" He screamed at me, slapping me across the face before walking over to check Dylan's pulse. "He ain't dead you idiot." He growled. "But I wish he was." He smirked. I glared at him. "Leave him alone."
"And who are you to tell me what to do, darlin'?" He said. I shuddered. That voice. Shiloh. Never give up. Her voice came back to me. Never. "Shiloh."

"Shut yer trap." The man said. "Or else..." He turned around and kicked Dylan in the stomach. "NO!" Grace and I screamed in unison. Dylan groaned. "Please. Leave him alone." Grace whispered. "Why? You wanna take it?" He said, walking over to her. "No!!" I screamed. "I will."
"Aw, isn't that cute. Little girl wants to stand up for her friends."
"Hope, no." Grace said, her voice shaking. "Don't." She was pleading with me. I looked over at Dylan's form, and I knew what I had to do. Shiloh, help me. I thought. "Trust me." I said to Grace, staring at the man. He let go of Grace and she fell to the floor with a thud. I winced.

The man smiled cruelly and picked up a whip from the table. Think of Etain. Stay strong. I heard Shiloh encouraging me. "Thanks Shi." I whispered. The first blow came, striking down hard on my shoulder. I gasped. The second struck me across the cheek, bringing tears to my eyes. I felt warm blood flow down my face. My blood. I gagged. The whip stuck me across the arm and I gasped. "Scream, *****!" The man shouted, raining blows all over my body. "SHILOH!" I screamed. The man only had one moment to look satisfied and then confused before I flashed.

Flashed? That's what I can call it! A brilliant beam of white light "flashed" from my body, covering the room and blinding me. I could hear Grace screaming faintly, but other than that, all I knew was peace. Peace and that man. I stared at him, fury and wrath ripe in my eyes. "You will never touch them again." I spat. "Or anyone else." I lunged at him, calling to Shiloh for help. My hands closed around his throat and this time, it was him who showed fear. "You will never hurt us again." I spat. "No." He begged. "Mercy." Unforgiving, I held him there until the life drained out of him. I wonder if this is how people died in their sleep.

The glow around me faded and I returned to reality. Well, as real as it can get in a dream. Grace was laying on the floor, staring at me in horror. Dylan was staring at me, wide eyed. I picked the key up off the floor where the man had dropped them before he died and then vanished. I walked toward Grace with the keys and she screamed. "No! Get back." I stopped and stared at her, confused before reality punched me in the face. I had just killed someone. I was a murderer. I slumped to the floor, keys falling from my hand as a red mist settled over my eyes. Shock filled me. I, Hope Marie Kyler, had killed someone. Why was I any better than the criminals on TV?I slid the keys towards Grace before the mist overtook me, and I slumped to the ground, unconscious. My last sight being the faces of Grace and Dylan, filled with horror, fear, and hatred. Hatred of me.
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

47 Reviews

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 pm
View Likes

Grace | Astenophobia | Unknown Location

I stared at the dead man in front of us. Hope had killed someone. Not just anyone, a man who almost killed us. I stared at my hands still tingling from where my powers had started to act up. I scooted away from the dead man laying not a foot away from me. I looked down at my wrists where my scars from all the times my dad had tried to kill me. I shook my head and passed Dylan the keys slowly.

"Grace?" Hope asked making me jump.

She started moving towards me reaching out her hand. I panicked and moved behind Dylan. His arm reached back and held me making me feel safe. I was scared of this girl.

"We should go," She said her voice shaking.

I watched Dylan nod and then stand up taking me with him. I held tightly onto him keeping my distance from Hope. I had never seen her get that out of control and I was terrified it might happen again.

We left where ever we were being held captive and started towards a patch of tree's. I sat Dylan down on a log and started inspecting his cuts. I ripped off his shirt and started tying off bits of it around his deeper ones. Hope stayed her distance from us and had laying down in the sand covering her face with her arms. I took off my tee shirt so I was left in a tank top. I tore bits of it and walked slowly over to Hope.

"You this for your cuts, okay?" I said quietly keeping my distance from her.

She looked up and nodded as I place the cloth by her left arm. Hope picked it up and started putting them over her cuts. I walked back over to where Dylan was and sat down next to him. I instantly started hugging him and cried slowly into his bare chest. I wanted to wake up now.
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:31 pm
Kanome says...

Kanna Pelores::The Darkness Realm::Phonophobia::The Third Zone

After Archie explained what happened to his leg, Kanna frowned at what happened to it. "I wish I can heal it for you..." Archie blushed lightly, smiling at her as she looked down on the ground, feeling horrible.

Archie patted her head gently. "It's fine, it's fine."

Kanna smiled a bit, turning to look at Ash. "So..."

Ash looked at her, looking confused as he tilted his head to the side. "What?"

"We can't just sit here. We need to know more about this place, don't we?" Archie and Ash looked at each other as Kanna stared at them both.

Archie sighed softly, looking at Kanna. "Well, my leg..."

"No problem!" Kanna stood up from the ground, lifting up Archie princess-style.

"W-What are you doing?!"

"Don't worry, in the real world, I was a black belt." Kanna smiled, which made Archie rethink what Kanna really is. Kanna, Archie, and Ash started walking across the grassy fields, looking around to see if anyone else was still here.

I guess we need to find the other first... Kanna thought to herself as she turned to Ash, who was standing right behind her and Archie.

"Ash, what should we do?"

Spoiler! :
I am so sorry that it is short, I've been busy and I don't want to screw up the flow of the story.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

123 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:30 pm
FatCowsSis says...

Hope Kyler, Algophobia, Unknown

She was scared of me. I knew it. Grace was afraid. Afraid of me. I saw how she buried her face into Dylan's shoulder. I saw how she and Dylan cuddled together and shot me wary glances. I watched as they whispered and looked unsure and afraid. And worst of all, I heard some things they said. "Monster.....Killed.......Dead...." I wanted to cry. Just get away. I knew they were scared. Scared of me. And they weren't the only ones. I was afraid of myself too. I couldn't blame them.

Time passed. Hours flew by. And we sat there, unmoving. Grace was crying into Dylan's shoulder and Dylan was comforting her. I was suddenly aware that we were too close to the place we had just escaped from. Way too close. "Dylan, Grace." I said softly. They jumped and looked at me, untrusting. "We should keep moving. We're too close to that palace." They looked at each other before Dylan said, "Yeah, we should go." We slowly stood up and began moving towards the trees.

As we entered the forest, I could feel I was about to wake up. Reality was pulling at me, and I wanted to give in. But how could I? I would be treated normally in the real world. But I had killed someone. I couldn't be normal. "Guys." I said. They looked up quickly. "I'm about to wake up." I could see them relax, and it seemed as though they were relieved. Why shouldn't they be? Now they could tell everyone. Everyone would know I was a murderer. I was scared. But Grace and Dylan, they were happy. They were happy that I was going to be gone. This tore my heart in two.
-
I woke up, crying. Cold, fat tears streaked down my cheeks. "Hope?" I heard my mom's voice outside my door. "Sweetie? Can I come in?" I ignored her. I didn't want anyone there. Unfortunately, she took my silence as a yes and the door opened. "Hope." She saw the tears falling down my face. "Shhhh. It'll be okay." I knew she assumed I was crying because of Shiloh. "Can I take a walk?" I asked. "Sure. Do you want company?" She asked. "No. I'd prefer to go alone." I dressed and walked outside, the frigid air freezing my tears. I didn't care. How could I?

My feet took me to the cemetery. As I walked towards Shiloh's grave I huge sense of realization hit me. How many of these people have died in that land? Were they killed like I killed that man? I shuddered. So this is what murderers think. I shouldn't be like this. "Shiloh." I said to her grave. "Was this how you died? Is this how you were murdered?" I cried. I collapsed next to her grave, laying in the cemetery. I just want to forget.

I didn't move. I just laid there for hours. People came, others left. None looked at me. The tears came again. Flowing down my cheeks and collecting in a pool at the bottom of her grave. Why? How could this happen? I sobbed at her grave, wanting to be free. Wanting to forget.

I felt a small hand on my shoulder and I jumped. A little black girl looked at me, her brown eyes wide. "Why you cry?" She asked. "Don't cry, it'll be okay." She wrapped her little arms around me, pulling me into a hug. Her huge, doe eyes, stared into mine. "Smile?" She begged. I looked stared back into her eyes and gave her a small smile. She grinned back, the most beautiful smile I had seen in a long time. "You'll be okay." She said. I smiled, a real smile. And right there, I knew it would be. At least with her it would be. Because she was kind enough to let our colors mix. "You have a pretty smile." She said. "Smile more. You look pretty." My heart lifted. The wonders a little girl can do. She reminded me of Shiloh. "Thank you." I whispered. She flashed her gorgeous smile one last time and skipped out of the cemetery. And for the first time in months, I smiled and went home happy. But it didn't last.

As soon as I walked in my room, I realized something. Dylan and Grace would tell the others that I was a murderer. They would know. And they would be scared of me too. Maybe Etain would understand. But I didn't want her to force the others to accept me. Because they wouldn't. I'd just have to start over. My heart ripped open, and for the first time in my teenage years, I didn't want to sleep. But sleep comes. It's a necessity of life.
-
I was back in the mysterious land. And I didn't want to be. It, just like reality, was full of evil and bad memories. Why would I want to be there? Just for more hurt? Luckily, I wasn't near Dylan and Grace, and I was alone. But where I was I didn't know. Maybe this was a good thing. I just wanted to find Etain. I hoped she would understand. She'd be the only one. Everyone else would shun me. And I wanted to confide in her. Maybe she would accept me and be my friend. Perhaps she could mend my broken heart. And make me whole once again. I closed my eyes. That was my mission. Find Etain. But this time, not to kill her. No, now I wanted comfort. I needed a shoulder to lean on, since everyone else's would be cold and uninviting. So, I started off towards Etain, praying that she hadn't been captured.
-
POV of the unknown man

I was full of rage. My servants had failed, and three valuable prisoners had escaped. Etain. The name filled my head. She was the one coming to save the pitiful escapees. I would capture her. After all, that one girl, Hope, needed her. And she would come. Then I could recapture my prey. And make them pay. Especially those two girls, Etain and Hope. Hope for killing my men and Etain for trying. "Capture the warrior." I said. "The warrior only."
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:54 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Archer Thomas, Knives, First zone

Kanna was just as in control of every situation as always. After a brief joke about princesses, the threesome set on their way through the hills to find their missing friends.
"You know," Archie stuttered, "Given the time of day where I'm from, they could have woken up already..."
"Maybe, but why would they want to leave here?" Kanna said. She was definitely in her comfort zone, leading the group like this.
"This place is scary! And are you sure I'm not going to break your back?" Archie had been riding piggyback ever since they left the cave. "It can't be easy holding me up here without two legs to hold on to."
Behind them, Ash, scuffed his shoes on the ground. "Just let her be. There's no stopping girls."
That was probably true. Kanna had insisted upon leaving the fountain, or burying it somewhere, because it would draw too much attention, and even with Archie's whining about getting carried, she had still gotten her way. Girls were scarier than Archie had originally thought, although his real-world friends weren't the best comparison.
As they continued, Archie realized that these weren't just plain old hills, but actually foothills. Huge mountains in the most surrealistic shapes spiraled into the clouds, their dark silhouettes sending an ominous shadow across the ground.
"A-are you sure they went t-this way?" Archie whispered. He did not, under any circumstances want to go closer to those mountains.
Kanna readjusted Archie before replying. "Of course. I saw them leave."
"Maybe they turned somewhere..."
"I doubt it," Kanna said, "you need to stop worrying so much."
Even if she said that, Archie figured he'd worry too much for the rest of his life. He shuddered, wishing he hadn't hypothesized something so depressing. Wallowing in his misery, he pulled for any existing metal, searching for for something that might get him off Kanna's back.
The landscape in terms of metal was simply amazing. Copper and iron flecks seemed like sand underneath all the extraneous dirt, and Archie was completely in awe of it. Until he caught onto something sharp, solid, and rapidly moving.
"Wait," he stammered, "There's a sword fight going on nearby. I think that's Etain."
"The warrior woman?" Ash asked, making Archie jump. He had almost forgotten the guy was there.
"Yeah," Kanna said. She looked around, searching for the sound of clanging swords. "I can't raise enough volume in the area to hear them without bursting our eardrums, so you'll have to lead the way, Archie."
He directed them towards the north, or what he assumed it was, based on the afternoon sun. He could be wrong though, since he didn't know the local time.
After one last hill that seemed steeper and rockier than the rest, the trio finally reached the sword fight.
As soon as he saw it, Archie screamed in terror.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:17 pm
Dreamy says...

Padma Menon/The Ice kingdom/Ophidiophobia

Oh god, such a lavish dinner. I said not loud, but I was sure Maharaja saw the glow of surprise in me. The old oak dinner table was long and flawlessly carved at the edges, the upper surface filled with beautiful silver wares containing vivid edibles.
Having let my stomach stay empty for almost two days, I was ready to sacrifice my pride and allow the hungry demons to rule the dinner table. Maharaja caught my eyes wandering all over the food.
“What are we waiting for? After you, Mam.” he said beaming with his white teeth and rubbing his big hands.
~~~~****~~~~
I sat in the huge curved balcony, overlooking the vast sea which borrowed its soothing colour from the calm sky. Maharaja sat next to me in his huge chair, chewing on the betel nervously. All I wanted to do was to sleep after having such a delicious food but Maharaja and Murthi seemed like they were hiding something from me, and also from what I overheard from their conversation, I knew whatever they were hiding from me is something huge. Didn’t Maharaja mention something about me saving their tribes? I wondered, recollecting the worrying scene from the past. Braking up my chain of thoughts, Murthi came into the balcony and cleared his throat.
“Shall we, Maharaja?” he said, holding onto a huge book binded by a leather but on closer look what seemed like a snake’s skin.
“Mam, we..” started Maharaja.
“Just call me Padma.” I said cutting him off in mid-sentence. I was really agitated on Maharaja calling me mam. I knew they got the wrong person, whatever they are going to say will definitely have nothing to do with me.
“But how can I?” said Maharaja, shocking on my stern voice. “You are our saviour.”
“What?” I asked, not believing what he just said.
“Yes, you are our Saviour.” Insisting his last word more promptly with a hint of hope and proud.
“But, I…” I began
“Sorry, Devi. You should listen to us. We are delayed. In every possible way. They are coming to us. They are ready. We should be too but we are not. We can’t fight without our Captain, our Saviour. And the Saviour is you.” He blurted out, without thinking, without weighing his words. He continued, “They got my child, my princess. Sakthi.” With that name he tightened his jaws, and withheld his tears.
Murthi, the brave soldier felt a little ashamed of his Maharaja, who not only called me Devi, but also crying in front of. I walked towards Maharaja and held him, startled by my advances, he stood up. And I heard Murthi chuckle.
“I’m sorry, Devi.” he said.
“No, it’s my fault.” I said. It was really humiliating to scare away people when all you want is just to hold them when they are in pain. After all he feed me.
“No, Devi. It’s not what you think. We just should be touched by.” He said. “We are sinners.”
“Well, then why don’t I purify you?” I said, regretting what I just said. I was in no way to hug that man again in my life.
He began to continue his story by standing, maintaining a good distance away from me. “Sakthi, is my daughter. They got her.”
“Who are they? Why do they want her?” I asked.
“They are the Samuraiyans. The freedom fighters. The evil fighters. But they are nothing like that no more, fighting evil has reversed its function. They are now infected by the evil doers. They were fighting the demons and lost all their powers which were passed on to them by their ancestors.”
“Okay.” I said, still not sure of where this was going.
“I know what you’re thinking, Devi.” He said, lowering his eyes. “We had a Suyamvara for Sakthi, a function which is held for the Princess to choose her groom. Pandiyan, son of a very good friend came and joined the groom war. He knew Sakthi all his life.” He said beaming at the memories. “They were always together. Always. We thought they were like brothers and sisters. Him, joining the function was a very big surprise for us. We never knew he had feelings for her. But he loved her. Eventually he won all the competition. Of course, he can only win them. He was the best warrior we ever had.”
Murthi, sat behind, not willing to meet my eyes. How could he though? I smiled at Maharaja, “Of course, until Murthi came around.” He added.
“Okay.” I said.
“Pandiya, won. It was reasonable to give him my daughter.” He said, sighing out loud. “We arranged everything. It was the Princess wedding, my daughter’s marriage. The whole town was celebrating the ceremony but the Samuraiyans came and kidnapped her.” He stopped unwilling to go in details.
I looked at Murthi, and he began, “The Samuraiyans learnt from their fortune teller, that they can become the Lords if they kill the Hell’s King, the Demon.” He hesitated for a while and then added, “And that the it can be killed only by a knife made out of Sakthi’s bone, also the knife should bathe in her blood before using it.” He stooped.
“But the Demon?” I asked.
“The Demon we know nothing about. We don’t know if it’s real. All we know is from the stories they say. We have not seen it or had any problem with the Demon they speak of.” said Maharaja, in anger. “I know there is foreplay behind all of it.”
“What about Pandiyan?” I asked.
“No one can win him, unless he wasn’t moving, so they drugged his room while he was bathing and took him as a prisoner. We never heard from him again. Devi, Sakthi is our source, she is our power, she is a miracle worker. She produces the medicine that treats all these men diseases, she keept this town alive. Without her everything is ruined. We have records.” He said pointing at the book, “ All the men who died without her medicine. We are lost her and her medicine. She was this people’s saviour more than she was my daughter. It was who she was.”
~~~***~~~
I was tired, it was a lot to take in, in a single day. I kept rewinding the conversation in my head. I sat in front of the dresser, contemplating my reflection as the minutes melted by.
“How much more long?” I heard someone say.
I turned back to see who it was, all I could see was the curtains flying high in the wind creating the ghostly shadows.
“Here, darling.” I heard again. I turned to look at the direction the sound came from, the snake slithered over and sat in front of me. “Tis me” it said smiling.
“You can talk?!” I howled, getting up from my seat.
“Yes, lady. I can talk. I do accent too and you haven’t hear me sing.” It said, clearing it’s throat it begun “The snow glows white on the mountain tonight not a foot print can be seen. The kingdom….”
I laughed as it swung left and right, singing.
“Why you laughing, miss?” it asked, raising its imaginary brow.
“Nothing, you are just so adorable. And I’m going to call you Naga.” I said chuckling.
“Naga, hmm, interesting. So you are going on the trip” It said hissing and purring.
“I don’t know. I mean, I should right? They believe me and it seems like a good adventure. They said something about the Dreamland, hmm. Didn’t they?”
“Yes, they did.” It nodded with its neck-less head.
“I thought I was already in the Dreamland.” I said, laughing and wondering.
“You do understand the consequences, right?”
“Yea, I got you. Why should I worry?”
“Ah, I’m flattered, beauty.”
“So you are guy?” I asked and laughed at my own silliness.
“Of course, I am. Me no girl, gurl.”
“Ha ha. I thought so. Now, go back to bed. I’m tired. Tomorrow is a big day.” I said and cuddled inside my new blanket.
“A big day, indeed.” Naga hissed.
~~~~****~~~~
I woke up from the dream, fresh and relieved, only to realize that today was the day. The seminar day. The seminar about the Nagas. I smiled to myself. I knew what I had to do.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:24 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Valmond, Electric Kingdom, Storms, Second Area

I did expect to wake up after imprisoning my PhoBits. I did expect my recurring nightmare to disappear after defeating it. I did expect Aporia to be by my side, as silent and agape as I currentely was. However I didn't expect to wake up still bearing my suit and gadgets on me.
And I certainly did not expect waking up on a roof.
"So... Aporia?" I said, uneasy. "Any idea where we are?"
"How should I know? The last thing I remember is being blinded by a bright light. I think we were transported to another place."
I looked around me. The sky was brightly colored in orange by a magnificent setting sun. Aside from that, I was sitting on a sea of roofs. There were barely any space between the massive constructions, and some of them even had houses and domes on them. I had imagined many things in my life, but I had never thought of houses constructed on other houses. The idea was just ridiculous from my point of view.
"Well at least we know you're still dreaming," said Aporia, contemplating the houses with me. "We never encountered such oddities in reality."
"But how can I still be dreaming? I remember waking up..."
I could also feel the red tiles under my fingers. They felt cold and dirty. A warm wind was gently blowing on my face.
"Well we're not going find anything if we stay here. Let's explore the area."
Aporia. Always so rational.
I got up and began walking towards the distant houses. Judging by the sun's position I was sure I could still enjoy the light for a couple of hours, but I still had no idea why there were so many roofs, in what city I was, or even if I was dreaming or not.
"Troublesome to the utmost..."
"Looks like you found yourself a new catchphrase."
"Not really. I like to say this when I'm worried. And I'm very worried."
"Nothing would've happened if you hadn't opened that bloody chest."
"Don't start accusing me Aporia! Tell me, what do you do when you find a treasure chest left on the peak of a mountain you just finished climbing after conquering your own fears?"
"Typical reasoning from a human. Always thinking that he'll be rewarded."
"Well EXCUSE the human for thinking that he'll be rewarded after conquering a recurring nightmare, coming from his own human brain! And don't tell me you weren't curious about the chest, I saw you!"
"I...Don't have to answer that."
"I KNEW it! You wanted to check what was inside of that chest as much as I did!"
"Just keep walking."
I sighed, discouraged. And he was the one saying that I should never lie to myself...
I kept walking for a couple of more minutes and finally reached the first habitations of a rather rusty-looking place. I had seen ghettos while traveling with my parents, and the city before me perfectly fitted the description. The houses looked completely overlayed by dust, the tiles covering their roofs in dull black instead of red. Some windows were completly smashed, others so covered of dirt that it was impossible seeing through them.
The townsfolk didn't seem to care about the rusty place they lived in however, and most of them were actually pretty lively. Kids were laughing and running around, pursuing each other while swiftly avoiding collisions with adults. Some were trying to sell random products away, from toys to items that I couldn't identify. I enterted through a wide-opened portal, each of my footsteps resonating.
Then I realized that none of the townsfolk were completely human.
All the people passing by had feline features, some very similar to cats, others to panthers, some were even similar to tigers.
"If this is a dream," I whispered, "it is the weirdest dream I ever had..."
"Weird or not, you should probably ask for directions, Aporia interrupted. Any kind of information would be useful for us."
After once again wisely following the advice given, I could already understand how the Cat Kingdom – as it was called – functioned.
Apparently it was devided in three main parts: The Gutters, the Unilands and the Nests. I was currently in the Gutters, in other words the poorest part of the Kingdom, where the Wilds resided. The habitants of the Nests, the Primals, were part of the richer land of the Kingdom. As for the Unilands, it was the neutral field, where people from both classes could meet and share various activities together.
"If we go to the Unilands," said Aporia, "maybe we'll get some more information about the other Kingdoms."
"I agree, but the sun won't light our way for much longer, and we don't know how far we are from the Unilands."
"I do!"
I turned back. A feline girl was staring at me with a smile on her face, exposing her sharp vampire-like teeth to my view.
She had a blond forelock on the left side of her face, contrasting with her long black hair almost reaching her back. Her body bore similarities with a cheetah, thin and elegant; she even had the typical black "tear" marks running from the corners of her light brown eyes to the sides of her mouth. Her ears were above her head like any other Wild I had seen so far, and her brown boots were shaped like animal paws, but I couldn't tell if she had actual paws instead of feet.
"And I'm willing to guide you to the Unilands if that's what you want," she continued. "I'm planning to go there anyway. Family meeting."
A tail that I hadn't noticed yet was moving like a calm snake behind her back.
"Guide me you say?" I said thoughtfully. " Sure, I don't mind! I'm not sure it'll be safe to go now though, it's almost sunset after all. Furthermore, judging from your physical appearance, you seem to be some kind of cheetah. And as far as I know cheetahs have a poor night vision."
"Luckily for you, Mr.Smart-Stranger, I'm a Hybrid Wild, which means that my night vision is more developped that it should normally be. With that asset in my sleeve, I don't think we'll have any problems traveling by night. Satisfied?"
My flashlight goggles would provide me some backup light anyway, meaning that I wouldn't completly depend on this girl's night vision. And if we had to run away, my rollerskates would be useful as well. Aporia had certainly thought of that already, and I had no time to hesitate.
"Yeah, satisfied," I replied, smiling. "The name's Valmond Bauldryan. Nice to meet you, Ms.Tricky-Cheetah!"
She laughed. The kind of melodious laugh that makes people happy.
"I'm Sukaht Akin-Askoj. Nice to meat you, Val!"
I only understood the pun after she licked her lips with her tongue, resulting in making my laugh join hers. This was probably the weirdest situation I ever experienced, but I was too happy to care. I was talking to a half-feline, half-human girl, and she was making ridiculous puns just for the fun of it. This was completly insane.
"Puns and random jokes put aside, I think we should get moving," she said on a more serious tone. "Coming?"
"With pleasure!"
She headed towards another gate at the edge of the city, and I followed closely.
This dream was the best one I ever had. I didn't want to wake up.
And Aporia was very silent.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:38 am
View Likes
Basil says...

Etain| Roman soldiers|Awake/ Second Zone

Glazar's hooves pound the earth as he paces back and forth. I hold the reins tightly while he stop, spins around, and begins his impatient stalk across the ground again. Around his feet the grass and dirt is churned up, his hooves digging into the damp soil.
"We should charge now," Castantin growls, his horse positioned a few metres behind Galzar.
As if he understood, Galzar stops, paws at the ground, and throws his head up and down in aggravation. I kick him sharply in the gut and tug on the reins. He stops, though his muscles twitch every now and then.
"We're not going anywhere 'till I know the Romans are moving east," I snarl over my shoulder.
"But Captain -"
"Castantin, are you arguing back?" I give him a savage look.
He hangs his head. "No, Captain Etain, I am not," he looks at me and then huffs something under his breath. "Fine. I'll send out some scouts."
I nod, my cold grey eyes following him as he turns around and gallops back to the ranks. Moments later riders are dispatched and the thin, wiry steeds they straddled sprint past siletly, each giving me a salute as the pass. I nod solemnly in return.
My thoughts turn to Hope, the girl in my dreams. She has been captured, and I failed to free her, running into a full band of Roman soldiers and forced to flee. At least I made peace with the Celtic boy, Dylan, and the others seem content. I must return so I can go find Hope.
With eyes raised to the sky I glare at the clouds. "Gods, you will let me find her," I murmur angrily.
All there is now is to sleep.
Etain's eyes flickered open and she sat up with a gasp. Her thoughts whirled around her head, making her dizzy. Finally, she clamped down on one sole thought and stood up, grabbing the Roman sword at her side, and strolled out of the cave to find Galzar. The white stallion snorted in anticipation, sensing his Master's aggitation.
"We go?" He asks.
Etain's lips thinned as she regarded him. Only now has she made the connection that Galzar has Constantin's voice. This only amused her, though she still found it unsettling.
"We go," she told him and leapt onto his bare back. "To find Hope."
Galzar half reared and took off at lightening speed. Etain leant over his neck, white hair flooding her vision for a few seconds before the white stallion's gait changed. Etain let a grim expression settle over her face, and her limbs froze as she rode.
She wasn't sure for how long Galzar had been galloping, nor how he'd kept up the pace for so long, but when he did slow, Etain saw two figures walking toward her. She narrowed her eyes, prepared to draw her sword, when she recognised them as Grace and the Celtic boy, Dylan.
"Etain!" Grace screamed, and ran toward her. Etain dismounted and the small girl leapt into her arms, sobbing. Dylan smiled shyly, stopping beside Galzar. "It was so scary!" Grace sobbed into Etain's shoulder.
"Where's Hope?" Etain barked, looking at Dylan.
Dylan rubbed at the back of his head, wincing. "Ahh ..."
"You lost her?" Etain howled, dropping Grace.
The girl yelped and ran to Dylan, clinging to him pathetically. Dylan only looked down at her, not meeting Etain's gaze.
"She woke up. We didn't know where she'd come back to," his eyes brimmed with tears. "I'm sorry, Etain."
Etain snorted at the unmanly sight. "Get back to the cave, and don't leave. I'm going to find Hope and bring her back," she hissed.
"No!" Grace screamed. "No, you can't!"
Etain whipped around to glare at her. "Why not?" She snarled.
Grace swallowed audibly. "She ... she killed ... that man," she chocked out.
Etain's lips were drawn out in a flat line as she mounted Galzar, and with a final glance at the two, galloped off. Galzar kept up his surprising speed, travelling faster and faster over terrains changing ever now and then. Suddenly, a huge field met Etain's eyes, and she tugged lightly on Galzar's reins. He slowed to a walk.
"Hope!" Etain roared at the top of her lungs. "Hope, where are you?"
"N-n-no!" A weak voice answered. "St-stay a-a-away!"
Etain stopped Galzar and dismounted. She ran through the grass, her sharp grey eyes scanning the tall grass. Finally, her gaze came to rest on a small parting in the grass, so small it would have been difficult to make out to a normal person's eye. Etain strolls casually over to the break in the grass and towers over Hope, curled up on the ground, crying and shivering.
"Hope," Etain said firmly, biting the word out.
Hope looked up at Etain with wide, red-rimmed eyes and tear-stained cheeks. Her bottom lip quavered, and she looked back down again, sobbing loudly. Etain wanted to shake her, to hit her, to tell the girl to get over it. But Etain wasn't too sure why the girl was crying in the first place. Hope started to suck in breaths, trying to stop her crying.
"I k-killed h-h-him," Hope sobbed.
Etain's heart melted right then and there. Hope was crying because she'd killed someone. Etain bent down beside the girl and pulled her into a hug. At first Hope tensed and continued crying, then she threw her arms about Etain, sobbing into the warrior woman's shoulder.
"Hey, it's ok," Etain soothed. "I've killed plenty of people. It's always in self defence. It was in self defence, wasn't it?"
Hope nodded, sniffling, her sobbing quieting. "H-h-he w-w-was g-going t-t-to ... to h-hurt th-them," she stammered.
Etain nodded, hugging Hope tighter. "You know, when I killed my first man, I cried for hours and hours and hours," Etain told her. "He wasn't even a soldier, nor was he my enemy. He'd just insulted my family. I got angry, and challenged him to a duel. He lost. I killed him."
Hope's sobbing stopped suddenly. Etain didn't know what more to say, that was that, but she decided to continue talking.
"I thought I was a monster too, after killing him. But no one looked at me differently, except with respect. I wanted to be a warrior, and warriors kill. I had to kill so many people to become the captain of my own contingment of men. I am leading them into battle. I will kill many men," Etain continued. "You're not a monster for killing that man, Hope. It was one man, and in self defence. I have killed countless because my status demanded it. When I wanted to spare men's lives, my men demanded blood, so I gave them blood. But if I could change what I'd done, I wouldn't. Every man I've killed, every battle I've faced, I would never wish I hadn't done it, because then I'd never have the courage, or the experience, to tell you, Hope, that you are not a monster."
Etain's speech surprised her. Even as a child she'd never seen herself as one to make speeches, to cheer people up, to give them hope with her words, only her blade. Yet here she is, a smiling girl with tears running down her cheeks, thanking Etain.
"Thank you," Hope said.
"What for?" Etain wondered, curiously.
"For making me feel better about myself," Hope smiled.
Etain smiled back sweetly, something rare. She hugged the girl, and then stood up, dragging Hope with her. Her manner had changed. "Now you mustn't tell anyone about this, ok?" She growled.
Hope laughed. "Why?" She asked, baffled.
Etain ruffled her hair. "Because I have a reputation to uphold," Etain told her.
Once again, Hope laughed. Galzar came over to see what the laughter was about, and got a big hug from Hope. If he were a human, he'd be blushing. Etain could tell, and she smiled slightly to herself before making Hope mount.
"Where are we going?" She asked.
"Back to where you belong, and your dog is coming too," A sick voice snarled behind them.
Hope squealed and Etain whirled around to see the man she knew had ordered Hope to be captured. Etain pulled out her Roman blade and bared her teeth.
"Finally," the man declared, pulling out a savage looking blade. "Now for some real fun."
Etain didn't even have time to order Galzar to run, because she was blocking and parrying an attack.
"Run!" She screamed over her shoulder, and Galzar took off, Hope screaming after her.
"My, my, you are a pretty little thing, aren't you," the man dralwed.
Etain growled at him, the frightening sound savage. "I'll kill you," she said, voice thick with malice.
The sound of metal clashing against metal followed Galzar as he raced back to the cave, Hope clinging to his strong neck dor dear life.

Spoiler! :
I'm so sorry it's taken so long!! Urgh, infuriating! Anyway, I hope this is good!!!
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

123 Reviews

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 am
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Hope Kyler, Algophibia, A field

Fear flashed through my body. It was him. My body shook and I couldn't move. "Foolish girl." He hissed. "Etain...."
"Run!" She screamed, and all I heard was the clash of metal on metal. Galzar ran.

I clung to his mane as the wind whipped through my hair. "N-n-no." I said, shakily. "S-s-t-t-op." Galzar ran on. "STOP!" I screamed. He slowed and came to a stop.
"What is it?"
"Are we just going to leave her there?" I asked.
"We can't just go away and leave her there to fight that." I gasped. "Galzar! She doesn't know what it is!" I screamed.
"We have to go back! She needs to know or she'll die!" Galzar looked at me curiously.
"What is it?"
"It's a shape-shifter! Please Galzar!" His eyes widened as he realized what this meant. "You stay here. Etain would surely kill me if I brought you back. I must warn her." Then he was gone.

I sank to the grass, wondering if there was anything I could do. "Please Etain. Please be okay....I need you." The tears came once again.

After I had finished sobbing I slowly stood up. Galzar was nowhere to be seen. I decided to go back to the cave. Maybe the people there; Kanna, Archie, Dylan, Grace, and even that creep Peter would help. I was just scared of what Grace had told the others. I wasn't so worried about Dylan, he never said much anyway, but I was still afraid. I began walking.

I saw the cave and with it Grace and Dylan. Kanna, Archie, and Ash weren't there. I wonderd if they were okay. As I walked near I saw Grace shrink back away from me. My heart fell. "Where's Etain?" Dylan demanded. "She was looking for you."
"She-"
"Did you kill her too?" Grace jumped in. "Like you killed that man? Are you gonna kill us too?" Tears welled up in the eyes as her words cut throgh me like a knife cleaving through butter...Ouch. Dylan pushed her away. "Grace!" He said angrily. Turning back to me he said, "Where's Etain?"
"She-She-She...it...it attacked her."
"IS SHE DEAD?" Roared Dylan. I shrunk back. "N-n-no. At least I don't think so..."
"You don't know." He said. "No, I don't." I replied. "Well, I'm going to figure it out." He said.
"I hope she kills him....it." I heard Grace say. "It tried to kill us."
I paused. Why did she want Etain to kill and me not to? If it was okay if Etain killed, then why did she freak out when I did? What did I do to her? What have I done?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

47 Reviews

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Grace | Astenophobia | Cave

I sat curled up in Dylan's arms waiting for Etain to return. I watched Hope as she climbed down from the horse and sat with us. I crawled away from Dylan and towards the other side of the cave slowly. I felt Hopes eyes on me the entire time, even after I stopped moving.

"I-I'm going to look for Etain," I announced standing slowly.

"I'm going too," Dylan said moving to grab his jacket.

"No," I replied more forceful than I thought.

I shook my head and walked out of the cave Hope calling after me. I knew the man who hurt us had taken her too so she had to be near. I started to pick up speed as I went into a quick jog dodging tree's and jumping bushes.

I ran along following a fresh patch of blood drops along the earths floor. I felt my breath quicken and my chest go icy as I finally made my way to a small trap door covered lazily by a large leaf. I moved the leaf off to find a rusty latch still flung open. I looked behind me to check if I was being followed before popping down into the hole.

My hands slipped against the metal rungs of the ladder as I fell halfway down the hole and onto the hard ground. I gasped and scooted into a corner trying to catch my breath before someone saw me. I stood, now with bloody hands, and slipped into the hallway. I pressed my body against the wall and shuffled down the hall following the soft sound of voices.

I slipped into a smaller room containing many different types of weapons. I scanned the self's of weapons and settled on a sharp knife with some sort of whip at the end. Shoving into my waist band I scurried back into the hall and ran towards a dark window.

On the other side of the glass sat a crumpled Etain being watched by a large man. I watched her stir and then sit up to only be greeted by the mans fist.

I frowned and quickly ran over to a ladder leading down into the room. I pulled out my knife and held it in front of my body, the mans back still facing me. Etains eyes wondered over to me as I nodded at her. My arms tingled and I knew my powers has been activated.

I quickly swung at the mans side and threw Etain the knife. I punched the man once again in the nose knocking him onto the floor.

"What the hell?" The man muttered probably surprised by the small teenager standing in front of him.

I smiled at him and punched him one last time in the jawline sending him into a sleep. As soon as his eyes feel I panicked. I ran over and searched for a pulse. Thank god, there was one.

"Thank you," Etain spoke handing me back the knife.

I nodded and followed her back out the room desperate to leave.

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni