Young Writers Society

Harmony High - Sequel

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:32 pm
Sunshine says...

@Desticakes: You called?

Emmett

The boy looks like the new girl, Joanna; well-fed. This is why I stare back, trying to gauge his secrets, but I'm sure he only stares at me because I look like him.

He's a pothead, that much is clear by the stains on his fingers and lips, but he still has weight on him, still has white teeth. He looks like a pothead from Before, and I hate him for interrupting the balance of Complete Lowlife and Surviving Well. It reminds me of another girl I see around sometimes; Jane Wills.

"Would you happen to have a Kristin Piest here?"

I sigh. This happens all the time. People place their hopes in finding someone long-lost here, or someone who tried to get here and didn't make it.

"No."

He looks a little frantic, and I almost feel bad for a moment, but move to shut the big hospital doors. He reaches in and grabs my wrist. He's a lot bigger than me. I'm hungry, overworked, and skinny, but he is built. He will always win.

"Listen, I don't know of anybody by that name. I can't help you."

He stares at me, and I'm a little scared. He could hurt me, kill me, if he wanted. "What's your name?"

Everyone around already knows it, so I don't bother hiding it. "Emmett."

With that, he laughs and lets go of my wrist. Under his breath he mutters something about easy. I rub my wrists sorely. "Emmett,just let me look around, please. I need to know if she made it."

"Listen, I don't know you. I need to protect my patients. I'm all they have. I don't care who this girl is to you, I can't-"

"She probably gave you the wrong name or something, the ass." He pushes past me. "Kristen?"

He yells into the ER, but we moved Joanna earlier into one of the other rooms, so he wasn't disrupting anybody.

"Hey, stop!" was feeling restless, out of control in my own place. My hands started shaking. "Stop!"

He kept going, peering into a few different rooms until he got to Joanna's.

"Kristen."

"Chayt."

Sometimes I really hate my job.

I go in after 'Chayt', staring at a now-clothed Joanna. If I hated her before for being fed and in good heath, I now despised her for certainly having lied. The truth is what keeps me alive, and I can't have that taken away from me.

"Listen, Joanna or Kristen or whatever, just got here yesterday. She's pretty goddamn sick and I take it on me to help her, so you two can be quiet and figure things out or you can leave. It's my hospital, and want it to be treated as such," I say, eying 'Chayt'. "Okay?"

Kristen or Joanna or whatever won't look at me. "Okay. Thank you Emmett. Listen, I'm sorry. You deserve the full-"

"I don't want it. I'll hurt too much." There's a tapping at the Druggie entrance, which could only mean one thing. "Listen, I'll be back. I have her medicine, so it's no good leaving. I know people who can come after you. Just figure stuff out, okay?"

I leave, going through to the back entrance, taking my time. The knocks are quiet now. She is waiting.

I open the door for her, and she stands there, unarmed and broken, like she always does. She'll grab the drugs she doesn't use- I know she hardly ever does- and go back to her Scarlet district. She's an enigma, and I like to pretend that I know her.

"Jane. What do you want?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 pm
Desticakes101 says...

@Sunshine you're the best, ya know!

Kristin

"Jesus! Look at you! You haven't looked this good in months!" Chayton says, after pulling back from the bear hug he enveloped me in, seconds after he walked into my room.

And he was right. My color was finally coming back, my coughing is slowly becoming less and less, and I can finally think clearly without that foggy feeling constantly lurking in the back of my head.

"Yeah well...I can only thank Emmett for that." I say, a weak smile forming on my lips, but just as quickly disappearing as I recall the betrayed and pissed look on his face as he looked at me like he didn't know me. And he doesn't. I just wasn't expecting that look to hurt me the way it did.

"My emaciated look alike?" Chayton asks, raising an eyebrow.

I nod as I study his profile, slowly seeing the similarities. Huh. Two pretty hot Native Americans. Who would've thought. During these shitty circumstances, no less.

"Kristin...we have to help these guys." Chayton says quietly, his tone serious for once in a long while.

"Believe me. I know. But Avery..." I say trailing off, knowing that this will instantly end the conversation.

"But Avery," Chayton begins, surprising me by continuing. "Knows your new friend."

My eyes widen and I wait for him to continue. Instead he looks around the old musty room and sighs.

"Let me guess. I can't spark up in here, can I?"

I nod and he sighs again.

"Anyway, here." He says handing me a picture from a tiny stack in his pocket.

So its obviously at one of my cousins old infamous parties. In the background you can see a burst of light, from what I guess is a strobe light, and a large crowd of people. In the center is a group of kids all holding on to each other. With their arms around their shoulders or waist. On the far right theres a girl with long hair and small teal looking eyes, standing next to a guy who looks very familiar. But upon closer inspection is Emmett. On the left side of the group is a girl with long dark brown hair and strange looking silver eyes. Pretty, but strange. Next to her is another one, who I have to say is completely gorgeous. Soft looking brown hair and large baby blue eyes.

But the one that shocks me most...is the guy next to Avery. Who's standing in the middle with a large smile on her face, her dimples bringing out her youthful beauty. Her head nestled into the crevice of the guy that has me shocked silent. I realize that the vision I have of him in my head is wrong. His hair is dark blonde where I thought that it was brown and his eyes are blue where I thought that they were gray. He's offering a genuine smile and looking down at my cousin with so much affection in his eyes. Possibly love. The guy with the voice like a lullaby. Who brought me to the hospital.

"So in order from left to right, that's Luna, Lena, Will, Avery, Emmett, and Jane. The last one...I think that i'm in love Kris." Chayton says, a weird tone to his voice.

When I turn to look at him pointedly, his eyes are staring so intently at the girl, Jane, in the picture. Their filled with something a lot like what the guy, Will, is looking at my cousin with in the picture. But that's impossible. Chayton has never even met this girl. He can't actually have feelings for someone he's never met. But he is high. So his thinking must be impaired or something.

"Chayt, back to the main issue," I say loudly, making him blink a few times and meet my eyes again. "We have to help them. Do you think that Avery would give out to this guy that she hasn't seen in years? "

Chayton shrugs and looks down.

" I don't know. But we should try. Right?"

I nod and smile my answer.

"Well, we should get going now. Come on. The rest of the group is worried and we have some debating to get done."

He gets up from my hospital bed and offers his hand, but I shake my head sadly.

"You heard Emmett earlier. I have to stay here and continue taking my antibiotics. If I leave, he'll just send someone after me. And...well....I feel the need to explain everything to him. Like why I lied. And that I can help."

Chayton looks at me strangely.

"Kris...you don't yet know if you can help. Don't get ahead of yourself now. Avery may say no."

I sigh and nod.

"Well I'll at least tell him who I am. And that I know Avery. Maybe he'll remember her. I won't tell him about our resources. Or anything like that. Just that Avery is still alive, has a child, and wants to keep her safe. Cool?"

Chayton nods and begins walking out of the room.

"Feel better, bud. I'll be back tomorrow to bring you some food, all right?"

I smile and nod.

"Tell them that I miss them. And I hope that you meet your dream girl. Jane, I think."

"So do I." He says with a huge smile as he takes out a spliff from his pocket.
Last edited by Desticakes101 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:21 am
Nike says...

Oliver Hemingway

All I could hear was the beating of my heart. Ba boom ba boom. The dark skies haunted my sleepy eyes, knowing they wouldn't catch any rest. I sat up in the brass bed, hearing the mattress squeak from my weight.

I crawled out of bed and slid on my shoes, feeling the cool air bite my neck. The window must have been open. Some ruckus came from outside my room. Harley must have been taking care of the kids then. I stood up and walked to the door, opening it and finding a dark hallway.

If Harley would be up, the lights would be on.

I blinked then took a step forward. I ran my hands down the wall next to me until I found a light switch. Flicking it up, the lights came to life and I found where I was going.

Harley had this building for the kids. It was an old hotel. I happened to have one of the smaller rooms. I was just the help after all.

"Oliver," a stern came from next to me. It was like she was accusing me for staying up too late, like a mother would.

The tone of it made my skin crawl as I looked over to my left and found Harley blinking at me. Her eyes were small, looks like she was just woken up. She had her arms crossed over her chest as she walked over to me.

"Why are you awake?" she added.

"I heard something," I said softly.

She rose an eyebrow.

"Harley, did you lock the doors?"

"I had Luther lock the doors..." her voice trailed off as she looked down the hallway than back at me. "He should have,"

"Or maybe the ruckus was him." I suggested.

Harley stepped closer to me, leaving only an inch between us. We both decided, without speaking, that we'll walk ahead. Our steps were soft, almost silent, as we walked down the hallway and towards the stairs. A door just a few feet away read EMERGENCY STAIRS, so, I got to it and pushed it open, running down them two at a time. Harley was trailing behind me.

When we reached the bottom floor, the door was already open. I stopped just before it, catching my breath and calming my heart. What if someone was robbing us? Trying to kill us? Who would manage to get in here?

I opened the door and took a hold of Harley's hand, feeling her fingers shake as she tightened her grip around my hand. We got into the lobby, finding only furniture. I took a turn into the bigger part of the lobby, Harley's office.

I jumped once I saw something moving. "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at a figure.

It was standing at her desk, throwing documents everywhere as it looked for something. Taking a step toward the figure, I noticed that they froze in place.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

It turned around.

"For fuck's sake," I breathed out. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for my stuff." Will said, his eyes wide. "My passport."

"You don'y need a passport in this day and age. Have you seen this world?"

He shook his head. "I need my stuff. We hid all our documents somewhere..." he seemed really jittery. "Oliver, I need my things."

"Why, if you can go anywhere without a passport?" Harley asked.

He said nothing and just looked at me. I knew that look, he was leaving us.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 am
AlmondEyes says...

Luna

Spoiler! :
@Desticakes101 and everyone else. I finally posted! Sorry it took me so long. I was stuck xD

Leaning against the wall with my foot propped against it, I waited for Luther to get ready. It was obvious from the look on his face that i'd been interrupting something, but when I'd told him why, his tune changed in a hot second. It didn't take him long to right his clothes and come back out.

"So what's the status?" Luther rolled his shoulders.

"I got a tip from a few guys saying that they saw who ever raided Harley's hospital," I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. "They told me there were a few guys exiting the alley behind the hospital. I had enough of a description to sketch him out."

I hand him the drawing, and he scans it over as we exit the building.

"Where was he last seen?" Luther hands the drawing back to me.

"Edge of the woods, actually," I begin unknowingly fiddling with the handles of my throwing knives strapped to my thigh. "Over where the high school used to be."

After everything went to hell, everyone tried going to the school for shelter, but of course there wasn't enough to go around, and there was a riot. People smashing lockers and trashing classrooms. It became so bad, the school ended up burning to the ground, with the almost three hundred people going down with it. And that was just the beginning.

Next, everything just went to hell on a larger scale. More places being trashed, fires being set, people getting robbed, raped, beaten, murdered, and a plethora of other things I probabaly don't even know about. Total chaos ensued that day. Who knows how many people died that day. Our Mother had been one of those casualties that day. We didn't know what was happening until it was too late. When it had started, Luther and I had been coming back from the spot we use to train. As we got closer to the edge of the trees, we heard sounds of screaming, car alarms in the neighborhood going off, windows being smashed in. The works. We ran the rest of the way back home, only to find everything smashed to kingdom come, and our Mother laying on the floor with her throat slit. The Men who'd murdered her found us before we found them, but it was easy enough to make them wish they'd never set foot in our house.

When everything was said and done, we buried out Mother's body. Once we finshed with that, we took everything we needed and made our way back to the woods where we'd practiced. There was a cabin out there we used to hold all of our other weapons and supplies for training, but then it would be our home. For as long as needed. Most people never really came anywhere near this part of the woods because of how deep in they were. Then there was the fact that our parents owned a good few hundred acres out here as well.

"Split up?" He ran a hand through his hair. "And first to track signals the other. Sound good?"

"Sounds like a plan," I nod.

"Just be careful. Ok?" He leaned for ward, kissing me my forehead.

I kissed him on his cheek. "I promise, but you do the same."

We parted way without another word, and as I rounded on the woods. The air around was thick with silence, still of life, almost. And I thought that was weird. I'd never heard it so silent before as I made my way through. It was oddly calming. It didn't take me long before I caught a trail of someone who had been through here in the last while, and began trailing it through the woods. I whistled four times through into the open air, and waited for a moment. As the sound echoed back, I smiled and kept on my path. I slowed, hearing the sound of crunching earth beneath someone's feet. Making my way up a nearby tree, I navigated my way through them like i'd done countless times before. Spotting someone down below. Part of the person was hidden behind a tree, but I could tell it was a man. Hopping to another tree, I moved down to a lower branch and peered down.

It seemed I'd found the right person. I moved from tree to tree, matching his pace and he made his way idly through the trees. He came to a stop, though I don't know why. Maybe something on the ground had caught his attention. I really couldn't tell since I could only see him from behind, and began to move in closer. As I did, I spotted Luther in a nearby tree. He nodded his ready, slowly making his was down the tree he'd been perched in. I followed suit, slowly making my way over to him without so much as a sound. It wasn't until I was right behind him that I realized how big he was. Or his height. Instead thinking about that, I pulled out my two hunting knives as I jumped up on his back, wrapping my legs around his waist and bringing the knives to either side of his neck.

"You've got one minute to convince me you're not who i'm looking for," I tell him in a calm and even tone. "and if I don't like the answer, blood starts spilling."
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:01 am
Nike says...

Jasmine Bradley Urbaniak

"Keep her steady," an urgent voice said.

Everything seemed foggy. I flickered my eyes open and caught sight of people in white, lights, and stern faces. My head pounded, pain surged through it like a battle. I gripped whatever I was lying on, feeling some sort of metal surface that was smooth.

"Emmett, she's responding." another voice said.

That name was familiar.

I opened my eyes again and met a friendly face. His brown eyes showed trust as a soft smile grew on his cheeks. I swallowed hard, realizing that it was actually hard to swallow due to something stuck in it. He wrapped his hand around mine, squeezing it. It was, I guess, a sign of reassurance, that I was in good hands.

"Jasmine, welcome back." he said.

I was in a bed. It wasn't like, anything special. There were four other people in the room with me. We all were sick, down with something. It wasn't a cold. They told us that The Disease wouldn't infect us anymore.

I feel like they lied.

I was twenty already and I felt like my four knocks were coming.

My body was completely drained from anything and everything. It was as if a vacuum sucked all of the organs out of me. I was connected to this IV that was pumping life into me.

There was a girl lying next to me. She had a familiar face and I guess... I could pinpoint who she was. Never mind, I couldn't. She looked just like how I felt. He eyes were shut and she was softly snoring. I gripped my blanket and pulled it up, bring it closer to my chin. There was cold air blowing through our room.

"Hey, I'm here with another one. He looks dehydrated," This guy sounded British.

I looked to the door and saw two figures standing in front of it. It was glass.

"I'll take him, thank you." that was Taylor.

"Can I go inside?"

"Sure,"

And then the door opened and I immediately shut my eyes. A rush of shivers ran down my spine as I heard the footsteps draw closer to my bed. Than they stopped. I took a peek and saw him standing over That girls's bed with somber eyes. Whoever he was, I'm sure that seeing us hurt. We aren't healthy.

I took small breaths, pretending I was asleep. I was still watching and it felt wrong, so I shut my eyes and tried to think of anything else.

267 Reviews

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 am
Nike says...

William Franco

"Emmett! Emmett!" I yelled into the hospital. "Hey! Emmett!"

The door shut behind me as the sound of talking flooded my ears. At this time of day either Emmett was operating or checking on patients. He was always busy, especially since it was only us that could take care of everyone. Other people that worked with him weren't around me.

My heart was racing as I ran through the corridors, looking for him. I passed room after room, coming up short. He had to be here.

If I wanted to leave, I needed one person to know where I was if anything. And that person was Emmett.

"Will?"

I stopped dead in my tracks. Turning around, I saw a girl. She was pretty. She had this long blonde hair that was all tangled and big bright blue eyes that somehow were sad. I believe she was a patient, she had on one of those rags Emmett makes them wear. But the way she was looking at me, sort of scared me.

It was intimidating.

"Hey," I smiled. "How do you know my name?"

My mouth thought quicker than I did. How did she know my name? Did I even know her?

She smiled, her cheeks grew a soft pink. "You brought me here. You saved me."

I gulped, running my hand through my hair. She left me speechless. I don't intentionally save people, I just do. And this, how she said this, God, it made me feel all weird inside. I did technically save her, like all the others, but I did it because I felt that was right, not for the attention.

But attention is good, isn't it? Nope.

"I brought a lot of people here..." I said softly.

She giggled, making me a bot confused. "You're cute," she said at a whisper, as if she hopped I didn't hear. But that didn't make her blush when she realized I noticed, it gave her confidence and she worked with it, standing up straighter.

Now it was me who had to say something.

I have no time for this.

"Do you know where Emmett is?" I asked.

Her face fell, a straight lip replaced her smile. Then, she crossed her arms over her chest and took in a short breath. "No,"

"Thanks," and I turned around and ran down that corridor before she could say anything else. This place was the cleanest out of all the buildings we had. Emmett made sure of it.

"We have to care for people. Especially now if all the adults are dying! I'll man the hospital. And this building will be it, now. Let's take care of it like it's our only living source."

Man, he knew how to make a world, Emmett. I looked up to him.

I ran through, bumping into a few people on the way. Why are they strolling around? They should be in bed or something. I noticed Taylor walking out of one of the rooms.

"Hey! Taylor!" I called out, out of breath.

He stopped walking and turned to me with an eyebrow raised. I smiled and got up to him.

"I need to see Emmett." I said.

"Why?"

That surprised me. Why did he care, why? I took in a few deep breaths, realizing I should run more often. Then, before I could answer he just shook his head and motioned for me to follow him. I did so.

He led me to another patients room. It looked like an Intense Care unit we had back when. And Emmett was checking on the patient. He looked familiar. Other than his face being all beat up, I recognized him and before I could hold back my reaction, I jumped up to the bed and shook the guy.

Emmett was surprised by my attack so he jumped back while Taylor gripped my arms and pulled me back. I resisted, pulling away from him, but he was stronger than me.

"The fuck are you doing, Franco?" he hissed into my ear.

"That's Drake," I told Emmett.

And he froze, just stared at the guy. It was intense. Just him staring, realizing, back tracking, but not doing anything. I looked at Emmett, watching him. He just looked at him the whole time which made my breathing seize.

Drake... he should have been dead. From what I heard his whole family got contaminated and left no survivors. But I could tell Drake from a mile away and that was him.

"Emmett?" Taylor asked. His grip loosened on me so I broke free. He let me, but kept a wary eye on me.

Emmett shook his head, then kept on thinking whilst looking at Drake. I caught my breath and watched Emmett.

"Will," Emmett finally spoke up.

I took a step toward him and waited. He was still staring at Drake, not doing anything. Him being a good guy, he wouldn't do anything. But he could surprise me any day.

"If you're planning on leaving, that's going to change." He paused, taking a second to meet my eyes. "I need you," another one. "Drake is dangerous."

And he knew I wanted to leave.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:46 pm
Sunshine says...

Emmett

I'm not the little kid that I used to be, or the teenager I would have been if the world hadn't gone to shit. I could kill Drake. Yes, I could do it. I've seen enough death, I've dealt with it enough that bet I could.

The question is, of course, will I?

I need Will around in case I choose to save him. He's dangerous. One of the first people to embrace the chaos, he hurt almost as many people as the Disease did itself.

This too much.

Lacey. Drake. Jasmine and the other twenties. The Disease.

I should go into retirement. I should just run away into the woods and live until I die, but that's basically what I'm doing, with more stress. A whole lot more stress.

"Will. I need you around, at least until I figure out what I'm going to do with him."

Will frowns. He looks down at Drake, back up at me. "I'll check in on you guys everyday, but I... I can't spend night here, Emmett."

"That's the best way to keep us safe."

He's jittery. I wonder if he even means to check on us, if he means to warn as a sort of humanly duty and book it out of here.

"Sorry. I... I've got to go."

"Will Franco-" Taylor starts to say, just to say something, but Will rushes out of the room, and probably, the hospital.

He's a wimp. He's a goddamn wimp.

"What are you supposed to do now? Here's a notorious bad dude, I'm out of here?" Taylor sighs. "Do ya think he knows anything about Lacey?"

"Drake?"

My heart starts to beat fast. I stare into the face of Drake, a twenty, probably doomed. My heart quickens. Could he? I wouldn't put it past him.

"It's just a suggestion. I don't mean anything by it, okay? It's still only been a day. Who knows what she got into."

Nothing good. I think to myself darkly.

"Put Drake on Berries. We don't want him waking up until I can figure out what I'm doing."

"You don't want me up, huh? Come on, Emmett. Don't you want to know what happened to your sister?" Drake's voice is gravely. He's hardly awake, doesn't know what he's saying. Trying to bait me.

It still sort of works, even though it shouldn't. I grab the herb-and-berry mixture and shove it down his throat before he knows what's happening. He mutters a few things, but goes back to sleep.

Taylor stares at me. "Emmett, let me help you. What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to man the hospital. I've got things to do."

"Okay. Okay, I can do that."

I move a few rooms over, to where Kristen/Joanna and Chayt are still whispering.

"I have one question for you," I say as way of hello. "How are you not dead?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

267 Reviews

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:01 pm
Nike says...

William Franco

I didn't run to escape. I ran to breathe.

Seeing him made my whole body tense.

But I would help Emmett. It would be bad just to run off and forget everyone. I was mostly scared. I didn't want to leave these people seeing me week.

I was turning twenty in two days.

And it was better for me to disappear strong rather than stay here, dying, all weak. I want them to remember be as a person who was there for them, not weak and unable. That is also why I wanted to leave.

But maybe I could survive, brace through it. Maybe it wont even get to me until later, or never. I could protect everyone from Drake as long as I could.

That's what I'll be remembered for.

I walked back into the room and saw Emmett and Taylor talking, and looking at Drake. Drake's lips were moving too. I couldn't quick hear them but right now, I was fighting the urge to slam Drake's head into the wall.

"I'll help you Emmett," I said.

He jumped at my voice than faced me. There was no reaction to what I said, just him looking at me and me looking right back.

"I'll help you," I repeated.

"Great," Taylor huffed. "Wuss grew some balls?" he commented.

I rolled my eyes and stepped into the room, finding my way to Drake's bed side. He turned his head and our eyes met. I could see the evil just running in his pupils. A small smirk grew on his face.

"William," he tasted the name.

"Drake," I hissed.

It was like all he pleased was people hating him. The smirk grew larger as his eyes lit up. I held my breath as if anticipating a blow.

"I cannot die, Emmett." he said instead, looking at Emmett. "Because I haven't been hit by The Disease. This isn't me dying,"

"You better hope you've been hit by The Disease or else I'll kill you instead." I barked at him.

He laughed, actually laughed. And then he faced me again, licking his lips. Emmett walked away from the bed, shaking his head. Looks like he was thinking of something, but what would it be. I followed him as stood in front of him, watching the wheels turn in his head.

"That is The Disease. I know it is," Emmett huffed.

"Really?" Drake wheezed out.

I gave him a glare than faced Emmett again.

"Drake is dying Emmett, he's just scaring us."

"No, he's right..."

I stood there, waiting for him to explain. Then Taylor walked over to us, pulling something out of his pocket. It was a small rectangular item, it looked like a smart phone. He handed it over to Emmett and he took it, walking back over to Drake's bedside and scanned his body with the item.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:56 am
Ciblio says...

Harley

Spoiler! :
So this is actually just a post that shows some stuff from her past, and I also just wanted to get sick, because I want her to be, I guess. xD
It is a little messed up, and if you notice any errors, just ignore them. My computer's being weird and it wasn't letting me do something.
I tried to steer clear of other people characters, cause I don't know where they are, or where they're supposed to be while this whole thing is happening.
So, um, enjoy! Also, after reading, tell me what you think of it, I really wanna know! :D

My eyes burned for no reason, and I'd had the biggest headache ever since Luther's left. I couldn't think straight, and for a second, I could've sworn I was in the same bed as a furry miniature elephant, but realized after blinking a couple of time, that it was just a bunched up blanket. Clearing my throat, I stared up at the ceiling, and thought of the people staying in my hotel, trying to come up with an idea of how we'd feed them tonight. The kids we recruited today, Owen and Alex, could bring some stuff in, sure...but they're not any different from my other workers. They weren't going to bring in several packages of steak, and gallons of water. No. They'd probably bring in some animals. Fruits, from the woods. Fish, if they got lucky out by the small, empty lake.

I should get up, I should help. Instead of laying in my bed, hair everywhere, basically naked, I should help.

Sitting up, my hand instantly went to my head, and I thought of just laying back down, for forever. But I couldn't. I wouldn't. Standing up, I scanned the room for my clothes.

About 10 minutes later

I stood in the middle of the hallway, feeling lost for a slight second, before shaking my head and continuing towards the lobby.

Is Jimmy here? Who's Jimmy?

My head felt dizzy, and I felt as if I were about to barf. But, I continued towards my destination.

As I drug my feet across the floor, I held onto the walls, as if I would fall if I didn't hold on the them.

The room began to spin, fall, twist, disappear, and I was on the ground now.

What was I doing down here? The ground was hard and cold, but oddly comfortable.

There were a few close voices, but I didn't see who it was, because my eyes forced themselves shut, and I lost consciousness unexpectedly.

"Please, just leave me alone!" The small, brown hair girl shrieked, flailing her arms all over the place.

A large shadow cast over her, and she immediately went into shock mode, staring up at the owner of the shadow."

"M-m-m-m-..m-mister, p-please! You have to...you hav-...please, you...let..go.." She stuttered, but stared losing conscious. As she slid back to the ground, the man in front of her slid his burly arm around her waist, hoisted her up over his should, and left the dark room they'd been in.

She awoke in a pitch black room, her whole body feeling cold. The girl tried to scream, but realized that there was a piece of tape over her mouth. Frantically, she moved around, trying to find a way to a light switch so she could find out where she was, and why she was so cold.

There was a loud bang close to her, and before she knew it, she was being pulled away from the dark room, her bare legs scraping across the ground, causing blood to surface and make a trail.

[i]Young Harley sat up quickly, looking like a sheet of printing paper. "MOMMA!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, waking up 4 year old Callie, who was next to her.

An older woman came running into the room, her face filled with concern. She stared at her daughters, her eyes wide. "What is it? Who screamed? What's going on?"

Harley pulled at the rubber band on her wrist. "I...momma, I had the dream again!"

Her mother sighed, and walked calmly over to her bedside, crouching down next to her. "Honey...I'm sorry, okay? What part did it get to this time?"

"I..um..blood..and, momma...why won't they stop? Can't it just stop? CAN'T HE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!" She cried, throwing herself into the arms of her ill mother.

Her mother held her close, and stared at her other daughter, hoping, wishing that she could save her younger one from her past.

I snapped my eyes open, and looked around. Where am I?

"Hey, hey! She's awake, get somebody!" A voice yelled.

I tried to sit up, but it felt as if I were being restricted, maybe by ropes, or straps.

Blinking, the room suddenly changed to the one n the dream I used to have, and I was naked, arms and legs restricted by metal straps.

Trying to twist my head to the side, I found that was head was restricted, as well.

"Harley, hey! Are you okay?" A voice asked, the speaker putting their hands on my arms, and shaking me.

I blinked again, and Jimmy was hovering over me, concern filling his eyes.

What was going on?

Again, I blinked, and I was in the room, naked, strapped down.

There was a low chuckle, and another voice interjecting.

"Harley, wake up!" It demanded, lifting my head up from the restriction.

I craned my neck, and saw several people I knew. Several people I didn't know. Nobody. A man.

I screamed, and pulled my arms up as hard as I could, but didn't free myself. Metal straps. Damn.

Blinking, I saw the crowd of people again, all staring...at me?

I blinked again, but I didn't return to the other room.

Another body hovered over me, a guy. A guy. "Jason?" I wheezed.

Uncle Jason? But he's...dead?

I was scooped up in warm arms, and after a few seconds, I felt a gush of hot air hit my face.

Who's holding me? A man.

Letting out another scream, I flailed around, trying to escape the terrible man from my past.

"Harley, what the hell?!" The man yelled. Luther yelled.

Wait, Luther? I was so confused. "Where did he go?"

Luther stared at me, as if waiting for me to say something. Didn't I say something?

I stared up at him, and blinked.

The room appeared again, and I watched myself from a distance, strapped up. A man stood over the other me, the one I was watching. He slid on top of me, and tore his clothes off, proceeding to touch me, penetrate me, hurt me.

I screamed at myself, and blinked.

Luther stared at me still, his jaw now dropped, and his face was full of worry.

I wanted to hold his cheek, hug him, damn, just touch him, but I couldn't move.

He lifted me back up, and I looked around. We were outside. Why?

I wondered if he could hear me when I talked. I wondered if I was even talking. I didn't feel like I was talking, now that I thought of it.

Pushing away all of the thoughts running through my crowded mind, I closed my eyes, and let myself "go to sleep".
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

43 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 am
AlmondEyes says...

Luther

The walk back through the woods, Dead silence reigns in the air, the only thing I heard was the sound of my feet on the earthen brush. Luna didn't say a thing as she walked, not even making a sound. She's always been nimble on her feet, never so much as a sound, no more than a whisper. The look on her face was a different story, though. You'd think a Thunderstorm was roiling around in her eyes with the way they looked. It didn't really take a genius to guess what had her in this mood. That ass hat stoner from earlier. It's not like I could say anything to make her feel better about what happened anyway, so I guess it was just best to leave it alone for now,

Throughout the whole walk back to town, I just listened to the leaves crunching under my feet. When I stepped onto the cracked concrete road, I waited for Luna to catch up, which didn't take long. She stopped a few feet behind me, still being as silent as she was in the woods.I stuck a hand in my pocket, and cleared my throat loudly. With a glance over my shoulder, I pulled my hand back out, and let my arms dangle by my sides as I walked leisurely

Seeing as I left the hotel because Luna'd found the shit-bags that had stolen the food from there, I thought it be best that we went back, to fill Harley in on what had happened while we were out. As were turned the corner that led to the torn up building, a skinny, pale boy came into sight, and stared at us, before he threw his arms up and stared waving them around, as if trying to catch our attention.I sighed, and stared back at him, then started walking again, towards the spot he was standing in.

Once I was in front of him, he stared up at me, terror lining his eyes, mouth, face, everything.

I frowned, realizing that something must've gone wrong. "What?"

He opened his mouth, and just stood them, shaking thinking of what to say, but not saying it. "I, she, um...I don't...Harley, she just...."

Once I'd heard Harley's name, I took off into the front door of the hotel, going as fast as I could to find her.

"Where is she?!" I yelled furiously, turning down a hall.

Ahead of me, there was a crowd of people. Some who worked here, stayed here, others whom I didn't recognize, maybe new people. Pushing my way through the crowd, I found my way to the front, and stared down at the sight before me. Jimmy, Harley's head worker, sat on his knees, shaking the girl I'd seen earlier. I didn't know what to do, so I just got down on my knees, looking down at her, wondering what had happened.

"Why is she on the ground? What happened to her? Why the hell is she so white?" The questions came right out of my thoughts.Jimmy shook his head, now rubbing his face.

"Harley, wake up!" I said, gently slipping my hands behind her head, and shaking her lightly.

Completely confused, I lifted her up, deciding to take her to the hospital immediately, hoping that they'd know what was wrong with her. As I pushed through the front door, I rushed down the road, thinking of how she was perfectly fine earlier. All of a sudden, she flipped around, and threw her arms in the arm, flailing around, as if trying to escape from my grasp, as if I were someone trying to harm her. She let out a shrieking scream, one that was so loud I nearly dropped her trying to cover my ears.

"What the hell, Harley?!" I hollered, catching hold of her before she fell from my arms.
I stared at her for the longest time, and finally, she went limp again, as if she were just asleep.

Adjusting her in my arms, I started going again, determined to get to the hospital before nightfall. The Hospital came into sight as my legs pushed me forward. There was really nothing else I knew to do. Looking down at her, This was all I could really do.

Reviews: 0
Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:57 am
Desticakes101 says...

Spoiler! :
So...? Is the SB over or...?
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

267 Reviews

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:03 pm
Nike says...

No!!! Let's go back to the regular!

43 Reviews

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:42 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Guys. There's a DT, so we should use it >.>

267 Reviews

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 pm
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
Okay, since our Dystopian world did not work ( :( ) We should go back to the original story. I'll start then.

One Month Later

Oliver Hemingway

"So, there were two girls, eh?"

I nodded, feeling my head get heavy. Maybe that last shot of vodka was too much. Even my friend started to sound like he was speaking a foreign language.

"Well, yeah man. Two girls," I smiled.

He swung his arm, placing it behind my back and pulled me into a side hug. He smelt of sweat and bitter alcohol. I pulled back, smacking his shoulder. A smile grew across his face as he downed my beer.

The music drastically changed from soft alternative to heavy metal. My ears hurt to the sound. I wasn't huge on metal. I shook my head, nodding at the bartender. He filled a small glass with vodka and slid it towards me. I took it, taking a deep breath and then downing the fire. It swam down my throat, burning everything in it's path. I placed the glass back on the table.

"Are you with any of them?" he asked.

My friend happens to be a guy I work with. He was the punk rocker that just turned twenty one a week ago. Jane told me that she once dated a guy like him, the dirty blonde hair, styled up and the tattoo sleeves. He impressed me, I wouldn't be able to let myself get that far with the art. What if I was old and pissed that I had so many tattoos? They would get wrinkly and maybe even stretched. But I am sure every girl wanted a guy like him because he resembles the 'bad guy'.

"No," I sighed. "Better off,"

His eyebrows arched together in confusion. "Why? It's better to have a girl than to be alone."

I took a sip of the drink that was set in front of me, cola. Why would he give me cola? A caring bartender I see.

"It really isn't, Jake. These girls were great. I'm not saying anything about that. The only problem I have is that I loved them both at the same time and I can't quite choose right now. I'm better off alone or with someone else rather than dealing with breaking their hearts or rather, my own." I explained.

Jake took it all in, nodding and taking a shot. He stood up from the chair and I followed suit, throwing on my jacket. The bartender smiled at us as we walked past the bar and towards the exit. The place wasn't as packed as I would've expected, but it was decent.

"Maybe you've had too much to drink." Jake expressed.

I smiled to myself at his answer, how funny. Walking seemed easy, I just took wary steps. But I was afraid of driving. Everything stilled seemed a bit blurry to me on the sides. We exited the bar, a cool breeze blew past us, leaving my hair dancing in the air. I crossed my arms over my chest and took a deep breath.

My ears had stopped throbbing from the music since it was in the past now.

Jake faced me, pulling out his phone. He ran his fingers over it, then placed the phone to his ear. I'm sure he was ringing a cab. We weren't going to drive like complete morons.

"Hey, this is Jake. Can you come to Pint?" He started to say and then he shut up, giving the other person time to talk. "No, just Oliver." I guess the other person cut him off cause his mouth hung slightly open but he didn't speak. "Yes Oliver, can you? I think you need to see him."

I wasn't that drunk to ignore the fact that this guy was not calling a cab.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

He shook his head, as if what I was thinking hadn't mattered.

"Great, thank you." and he slid the phone back into his pocket, giving me a smile.

"I can take a taxi, Jake."

"Whatever man, you need to see her."

"Who is it?"

He just smiled and turned around, finding a taxi standing behind him. Opening the door, he hopped in and left. How convenient. Stomping my foot, I thought of just phoning a taxi. But than she would come and find no one, or be worried. Fuck this. She shouldn't be coming anyway.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and realized I couldn't even type, the numbers seemed to blur together as I stared at the screen.

"Oliver," I heard someone say.

Looking up, I saw Jane standing just in front of her Beetle. She had on a smile once she saw me looking at her. I slid my phone back into my pocket and smiled back, walking up to her.

"I thought he called Kristin or someone, not you." I said.

She tilted her head to the side like a confused dog.

"Who called me?"

I stood still, thinking back. He didn't call her?

"I'm kidding, he called me." she smiled. "Now hop in, drunk Potter."

It didn't even pass my mind to ask her how they had each others numbers until I looked back onto that night just now.

I took out my phone and saw two unread messages. People knew better than to SMS me while I work. I opened them and read them. I slid my phone back away and looked up at the empty coffee shop. I guess people weren't in the mood just yet. It was five in the morning anyway.

Thankfully I wasn't alone to suffer, Lacey was here. She came to work today per request from our manager. We are understaffed at the moment and she was the only one who said okay for the extra shift.

She came from the storage room with a box of cups. I walked over to her and smiled, taking the box from her hands.

"I got this," I said.

"No, it's fine." she replied, not meeting my eyes. Her words felt like a cut through my body.

I shook my head and started to put the cups into the dispenser. She joined me and we finished in six minutes flat for the whole shop. I tossed the box behind the shop and came back inside and found Lacey making a coffee.

The smell of our black roast filled my nose.

"Lace..." I tried but she shook her head.

"I'm not ready to be friends with you."

"Then when will you be?" I huffed.

She froze at the coffee machine, not bothering to face me for even a second. I felt my chest tighten as I waited for her response.

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster