z

Young Writers Society

Arranged Marriages (second try...) ~Restarted~

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Several Kingdoms are at war. There is only one way to stop it before they destroy themselves.

Arranged marriages.

A group of young princesses from the four kingdoms, aged 15-17, will be promised in marriage to princes, aged 18-21, from other kingdoms. Their parents, the Kings and Queens, will have the final say in who they marry, whether they love their partner or not.

The worst battle between the kingdoms has finally ended in a truce, and a peace treaty has been signed. But mere words on paper are not enough to hold back years of hatred among the Kingdoms. Blood Alliances must be made; the only way to insure peace for an extended amount of time. When the princes and princesses are given the news, they weep in bitterness. The thought of being promised to a person you have never met is unthinkable, but it is a very scary reality for them.

There shall be a ball in the largest of the kingdoms, Bryni, one week hence, when they will meet each other for the first time. Perhaps one girl will love a man, but their parents don’t agree. Maybe there is a perfect ending for one or more of the couples. Another possibility is that there is no happy ending for anyone. But that is for you to decide.

DT Link- viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97860

I am going to give this another chance, hoping that it will work this time….

Kingdoms:

Spoiler! :
Harrow: The smallest, land-locked kingdom, full of blistering deserts. Even though it’s the smallest, it holds a lot of wealth and power, due to the fact that almost all of the trade routes run through this kingdom. Gold is mined in The Desert.

People here are dark-skinned and dark haired. Clothing covers almost your whole body to protect against sun and sand.

Yililia: Full of forested hills, this kingdom lies on the seaside. Fishing and Forestry are the main trades, but there are a few copper and silver mines nestled beneath the forest floor.

People here are superstitious and quirky. Everyone knows how to swim, no matter who you are. Music is valued here above almost everything.

Bryni: The largest of the kingdoms is full of fertile soil, perfect for growing crops. Vast fields of golden wheat are seen for as far as the eye can reach.

The people here all have fair skin and hair. They trust whole-heartily in their king.

Draconia: This Kingdom resides high up in mountain passes. The Dragons of old live here in peace with the people. Roads are scarce, but Dragons are used frequently as transportation, but are not dumb animals. They speak and think just like the humans. Dragons are revered creatures.

This Kingdom is full of very talented people, especially painters and potters. As well, people here are trained in different forms of martial arts.

Character Profiles:

Spoiler! :
Prince:
Name:
Kingdom:
Interests/Hobbies:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Princess:
Name:
Kingdom:
Interests/Hobbies:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

King:
Name:
Kingdom:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Queen:
Name:
Kingdom:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Character Slots:

Spoiler! :
Harrow:

Prince: fictionfanatic
Princess: Ladyofthedeathroses
King:
Queen:

Yililia:

Prince: Liv
Princess: yubbies21
King:
Queen:

Bryni:

Prince: Shadowlight
Princess: Shadowlight
King: Shadowlight
Queen: Shadowlight

Draconia:

Prince: yubbies21
Princess: KeiPie
Princess: KatKage
King: fictionfanatic
Queen: fictionfanatic

Rules:
Spoiler! :
-Absolutely no swearing!
-Keep all comments or Character Profiles out of the SB after we start
-No Sex scenes
-Please no gay/bi characters.
-No taboo themes. Let’s keep this as a light-hearted fairytale.
-I need to be involved in all plotting.
-I reserve the right to ask you to change your posts or Character profiles
-Posts must be longer than one paragraph
-No God-modding or killing characters
-Try and keep up with the story. I don't want this to drag on forever and then sit in the archives. I want to actually finish this. If you can't commit, don’t join!
-Check into the DT as soon as you join
-Have fun!

The story starts right before the announcement is sent out about the arranged marriages. We will figure out who will marry who before the SB starts. PM me if you have any Questions.

I can't start this until we at least have all the Princes and Princesses, so lets try and fill them in first, before we get to other characters. The Kings and Queens and siblings are more of back-up characters.

I want to start writing fairly soon, so if you are interested even the tiniest bit, I will coerce you into joining...
Last edited by yubbies21 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am, edited 11 times in total.
beep

170 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 am
yubbies21 says...

Princess:

Name: Aris

Kingdom:
Yililia

Interests/Hobbies: Singing, plays the flute, loves swimming, being outdoors, climbing trees, writing poetry, and (secretly) archery.

Personality: She is a outgoing, but is a mystery. She loves meeting new people, but is shy and quiet with guys. If you can get to know her, she is a feisty firecracker who is always ready for a good laugh. She wants adventure and wants someone who she truly loves to share it with. She doesn't want to rule anywhere, she wants to be free to do as she pleases.

Appearance: She has a flowing mane of red hair and wonderful eyes, grey, like the ocean on a cloudy day. She has lean muscles, and a thin body. She is about 5'3 andhas a curvy figure. She has light skin, tinted slightly by the sun and sprinkled with freckles.

Other:
She loves purple lilacs and seashells.
beep

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 pm
KatKage says...

This looks aweasome! XD May I reserve the princess of Draconia? :3
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed May 15, 2013 12:53 pm
Shadowlight says...

Requesting the whole Royal family of Bryni!

(I will make the king and queen more as back up characters- not full blown characters if you don't mind. :3 )
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 15, 2013 1:21 pm
KeiPie says...

Oh dear! I was about to post my previous profile which was the Draconia Princess.... I guess I can create someone else if KatKage wants her though... Here's my profile anyway, let me know Yubbies.

Spoiler! :
Princess:

Name: Blair

Kingdom: Draconia

Interests/Hobbies: Other than riding her dragon Ayxlinth, Blair loves to practice all sorts of martial arts and swordfighting. She takes advantage of all the lessons taught and is very strong and agile.

Personality: Blair is very talkative and loves to be around people, but she's very careful about who she befriends. She has a dark temper sometimes and no one wants to get near her when she's angry. She tends to work out her anger through physical exercise or long times alone. But when you get to know her, she's very nice, and usually has a lot to talk about.

Appearance: She has long black hair and a stony expression. She is tall and thin and usually wears black.

Other: She wears a silver ring from her best guy friend at home and is very opposed to the idea of ever loving someone else.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 15, 2013 2:20 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I would like to claim the Harrow princess please.
Name: Katrina
Kingdom: Harrow
Interests/Hobbies: Katrina since there is not much you can do outside reads most of the time and is extremely intelligient, she loves to draw as well as paint and play the violin, she is also a skilled swordswoman and knows enough self defense to get herself out of most situations.
Personality: Katrina is a very calm and collected person but when she does lose her temper she explodes, she is very intelligient and can keep up a conversation, she is a very kind person and has a soft spot towards children and animals, Katrina is friendly but she is careful about who she trusts, every now and then she gets hit by depression that can last up to a couple days it bothers her because she doesn't know why they hit.
Appearance: Katrina is shockingly beautiful. She has skin the color of coffee with cream, black hair to her waist, and silver eyes. She has full lips. She stands at about 4'9, weighs 120 pounds.
Other: Katrina has a necklace around her neck filled with sand from a sacred spot in the desert she wears it for luck. Katrina is severly claustrophobic when she's in a closed space she will immediately curl into a ball shaking and trying to breathe until she's out of that space.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri May 17, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm
KatKage says...

@KeiPei, I'm so sorry!! <u>'''' *Didn't know <u>'''*

Normally, I'd just step down and let you have the spot, but. . . *kinda didn't know until I had already developed my character quite alot <u>''* I can't just get rid of her, you know? <u>'''

So, I was thinking that maybe for this one kingdom we could have two princesses? <u> (Like, maybe they could be twins since mine is the same age as yours <u>) It could work out like; maybe only one would have to get married? <u> (Which would be interesting, since my character isn't very keen on being married off either <u>)

Tis just an idea, but I think it'd be a good solution since neither of us would have to get rid of our characters, and it would make for some good plot :3
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 am
fictionfanatic says...

Can I reserve a spot for a Harrow prince? Aaaand....hmmm let's see....the queen of Draconia, please :D I'll get profiles in ASAP
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu May 16, 2013 12:14 am
Liv says...

Been waiting for you to start another one! Prince of Yililia, please! And if you want, since there are two princesses of Draconia I can make another prince from somewhere to even out the field, so there won't be more girls than boys! If that's the case, I'll just take another Yililia and make them twins or something :D

170 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 am
yubbies21 says...

Liv, Don't worry about the two princes, I think KatKage's character has something else in mind, like not having to marry anyone at all.

Updating character list...
beep

170 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 1:29 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

We only need the profiles for the reserved princes and princess and we can start! Still need profiles from KatKage, Liv ,and fictionfanatic. :D

One prince left (Draconia)!
Last edited by yubbies21 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
beep

84 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 1:48 am
fictionfanatic says...

Prince:

Name: Jackson

Kingdom: Harrow

Interests/Hobbies: Jackson is well skilled in most everything, having been forced to spend most of his time find entertainment inside, meanwhile always dashing outside to do one thing or another at the first chance he gets. Jackson is intelligent, artistically and musically talented, is well versed in literature, knows how to fight/defend himself, and spends a lot of time reading a writing. However, he loves to be outside and to explore.

Personality: Jackson is a very curious, adventurous boy who is pretty much up for anything. Throughout his life he has gotten himself into trouble here and there, but as he has gotten older he has been taught responsibility and how to act. He can and will be serious or tough when it's necessary. Jackson loves being around people, but sometimes just needs to be off by himself some place. However, he has the heart of a giant, and is known for getting people to smile/laugh even if they don't want to.

Appearance: Jackson is a striking, very handsome young man. His natural tan/olive skin tone matched with his slightly wavy black hair. His eyes however, a trait that runs in the royal family, are a contrasting silver. Jackson stands at 5'7", taking his height from his father's side, with a strong build.

Other: Like his sister Katrina, Jackson wears the sand of a sacred desert at all times, for luck, but his necklace is on a leather cord and is usually out of sight beneath his clothes.
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu May 16, 2013 2:39 am
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
Hopefully this is alright- Yubbies if you have any questions/concerns just PM me. :3

Prince:
Name: Crown Prince Briac Demhara, Re'em Knight and guardian of the Northern Folds.
Kingdom: Bryni

Interests/Hobbies: Like all his people Briac has a natrual love of horses stemming from his cultures reliance on them. When he isn't attending to his royal duties you find Briac in the stables tending to his two horses- a large bay stallion named Tempest and a young gray mare named Tilly that he is training.

He spends hours out of doors every day- riding, hunting, practicing with his weapons.

When he is forced to be indoors he studies his books- as reading and writing are fairly new in Bryni. Briac is still learning his letters and loath books with a passion. He would much rather be listening to the songs and tales told in the great hall of the palace- as his people have an ancient oral tradition that is passed down from generation to generation and preserves their history and culture.

Personality: Briac is a Fairy tale prince with some wonderfully human flaws. He's chivalrous and recklessly brave- a true warrior, but as a warrior he can have issues coming back to home life and relating to normal things. He is a lovable giant of a man, looks fierce and scary but in truth is a benevolent teddy bear. He is a very normal man, something that bothers him as /normal/ men rarely make history- so he is trying to change that by being the best Prince, and warrior he can be- which has nearly cost him his life in the recent past and left him scarred- both emotionally and physically. Briac suffers from a mild care of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that causeds him to have frequent, vivid nightmares. He has woken up on more then one occasion in a cold sweat. One of his oddest personality traits is that he is a bold fearless warrior- striking terror into the hearts of his enemies, but when faced with a woman he is a stuttering, shy ball of mush. The poor man cannot talk to women without stuttering and blushing like a schoolboy- something that vexes him to his core.

Appearance: Like all men from his kingdom Briac is tall and built to match. He is /very/ intimidating to look at and this often contrasts sharply with his puppy like softness. He is well over six feet and built like an ox. His messy blonde hair is always haphazardly pulled back- which only adds to his Fierce wild look. His eyes are large and a deep dark brown- like the depths of the forests at night. They sparkle with mischief and good humor, and his large mouth is habitually worn in a broad rakish lopsided smile. He is certainly not be the most handsome prince you'll ever meet but he is most assuredly the sweetest tempered one. Briac's clothes are that of a warrior- over his soft linen shirts he wears a leather tunic embossed with the heraldic symbol of his father-a Fell Wolf. He wears plain britches and sturdy leather boots. About his waist he wears a red sash and over this a well worn belt that holds his weapons and more often then not he wears a shirt of light mail armor.

Other: Briac is missing his left arm and has a horrible scar going down the whole of the left side of his face disfiguring him, in the last battle he fought in he was stricken from his horse and while laying unconscious was brutally maimed by an enemy. He was never vain about his looks but he is sensitive when people stare at him with pity- he cannot stand being pitied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Princess:
Name: Princess Cecily Demhara, Lady of the Northern lake.

Interests/Hobbies:
Like her brother her horse is her ride and joy and she is always riding or in the stables grooming her black stallion. She draws, an embroiders- and is working on a large Tapestry that will be part of her dowry to whomsoever she weds. She sings and plays the Bryni harp- a small but beautifully tones instrument that is always lavishly carved with symbols of her people. She is a daydreamer and can spend hours lost in her world of fancy and has such a lively imagination that she can make almost anyone see “the fairies at the end of the garden”.

Personality: Cecily is quiet and shy, a wall flower. Mild tempered and soft spoken she seems to be a picturesque princess- but under all this is the fiery spirit her family all know. Cecily may be shy but she is strong willed, highly intelligent and a fighter if something or someone she cares about is in danger. She prefers to be the healer and nurturer- as she has a strong maternal instinct even at her young age. She has a good head on her shoulders and as her fathers “Little Lamb” she was often sitting on his knees while he was in councils and has learned the ropes of government to a degree that most would consider unladylike. She is lighthearted, witty and has an infectious laugh.

Appearance: As her brother is tall Cecily is small, a tiny slip of a girl who is still caught between Girlhood and Womanhood. Her figure is developed, full of alluring feminine curves, but she is still not comfortable in her own skin and this can show. Her nearly white blonde hair is long and worn lose. Her clothes are of the heavy brocades and velvets- she prefers in blues and greens. And on her dainty feet she wears either daintily embroidered slippers or soft leather riding boots.

Other: Cecily has a fear of thunder storms that render her paralyzed with terror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
King:
Name: Fionn Demhara, The Hammer hand, King of the Bryni people.
Personality: Iron willed, strong hearted he is a king made for the Bryni pople. His good nature has led to the love of his people and his courage in defending them has given them full faith in their king. He is a jovial older man but still a hale warrior and a dangerous opponent to have against you in a battle.
Appearance: Tall and strong- not a handsome man as he is scarred an weathered and time has not been kind to him- but around his eyes are many laugh lines showing the good soul underneath. His Blond hair is still golden but beginning to go white and the deep lines in his face give him the appearance of a foreboding mountain.
Other: is a devoted father and husband and would walk to world over to get his loved ones a blade of grass if they desired it- and the need to marry his daughter off has nigh on broken his craggy old heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Queen:
Name:Margery Demhara, Queen of the Bryni and Lady to the king.
Personality: Margery is the quiet strength behind her husband, she has been his counselor and confidant since their marriage when she was only a girl of 14. She is one of the only people who could look past Fionn's ugly face and see the beautiful soul within an she is deeply devoted to him. She is a true lady and has been responsible for much of Bryni's cultural growth since marrying the king. Art, reading writing- higher learning is something she believes is how her kingdom will survive and thrive in the changing political world.
Appearance: Tall and slender as a willow wand with waves of deep Auburn hair that has not a fleck of gray. Her face is pale with a comical scatter of freckles on her pert little nose. She has no lines on her face as of yet and is a beauty some wonder how Fionn managed to win her.
Other: When she is caught of guard the gentle queen has been known to stutter- but this is only hearsay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Princess:
Name: Dragon maiden, her royal highness Princess Saja

Interests/Hobbies: Riding her black drake Tam- he was born the same day as she so it is said they have a blood bond that is stronger then a normal dragon and rider bond. Saja paints- and she is very talented at it, she is often found with her sketchbook and her watercolors- her paintings are delicate and have an otherworldly look about them that instantly convey an emotion. She also writes- but can't get the hang of poetry like her brother can so contents herself with simply writing stories to entertain her family and letters to her many friends. She reads a great deal and particularly likes the tales of bravery and romance.

Personality: Saja stands out from her brother as they are polar opposites, where he is sad and depressed Saja is like a happy ray of sunshine- her world is always rose tinted and her glass half full. She is outgoing and a social butterfly- wherever Saja goes she is sure to make friends and charm people with her innocence and sweet temper. She doesn't understand why her big brother is so sad all the time but it bothers her and she always tries to cheer him up in any way she can.
To describe her in as few words as possible her father the king once said she is like spring- innocent, untouched and full of joy.

Strongly independent and confidant Saja doesn't let her disabilities slow her down and knows she is capable of anything- and tries to prove to her father that she is a strong young maiden who will not be passed over and who's voice will be heard.
All this aside Saja is painfully innocent and childlike in many ways. She still thinks that the fairy tale ending is going to happen for her, she believes in love at first sight and strongly believes that true love will always win in the end.

Appearance: Saja is her mothers daughter, although she is only fifteen her figure is womanly and has gotten more the one second glance from the men at her fathers court- although she is oblivious. She is slightly taller then her brother, standing about 5'7'' and has her fathers black eyes. But unlike his, hers are large and gentle- true doe eyes. Her hair is her mothers and falls in soft black doll curls to her waist- she usually has it tied up with a dainty blue ribbon. Her complexion is fair like her mothers but because she spends so much time out of doors on Tam or painting she has an unladylike amount of freckles across her pert little nose and on her arms. She has an faint oddly shaped scar on her neck and is very self conscious about it- wearing a ribbon about her neck to cover it.

Other: The most notable thing about Saja is that she is Mute. When she was a young girl he contracted a terrible throat infection- and to save her life the healer had to cut into her throat to clean out the infection- but in so doing so he damaged her vocal chords badly. She cannot talk anymore and so she writes everything she wants to say in a small book she carries in her sleeve. Saja is also afraid of the dark, she tries to hide it because her father told her it was childish but she is afraid nevertheless.
Last edited by Shadowlight on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm
Liv says...

Prince:

Name: August

Kingdom: Yililia

Interests/Hobbies: August spend most of his time outside, the outdoors being his favorite place. He loves swimming and music, and can play most any instrument. He's also a fan of fishing, hunting, plants, and discovering/learning new things. August likes to figure out how to do new things and he likes to get his hands dirty/work with his hands. He enjoys a good book though, and is very intelligent and thoughtful.

Personality: August isn't what you would call shy, rather he doesn't feel the need for constant talking, and appreciates a comfortable/peaceful silence every now and again. August could be classified more as the "strong silent type" and is very thoughtful. He is very in touch with nature and with people's emotions, and he himself find emotions to be natural and will not hide them or fake them. He believes in natural beauty and is rather down to earth, but loves an adventure here and a good laugh there. However, he is opposed to fighting, and will not do it unless he or someone he cares for is threatened, and that's after he tries to settle it verbally before hand (but this doesn't mean he can't fight. After all, he's a prince, he has to know, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't prefer hand to hand at least.)

Appearance: August has curly black hair that reaches his shoulders, which he typically has tied back if he's doing something or if he's thinking. His skin is naturally fair, but because he spends so much time outside he has a slight tan to it. August stands at 5'9", has a prominant jawline, has a pair of soft gray eyes to match his sister's, and his smile can light up a room when he genuinely shows it. August is not obscenely muscular, but he is very strong, and his hands are rough and calloused.

Other:

84 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*I'll just take the Draconian King as well, seeing that they're not major charries and only need to be in here every now and then*

King:

Name: Arthur Caulfield

Personality: Arthur is a very strong, rough man. He does not often show affection and does not talk very much, unless he gets the elbow in the side from his wife meaning 'say something.' He believes what he believes, and he does not like to sway from what he knows. Arthur cares for his country deeply, and always has its best interest in mind, which is the only reason he agreed to these marriages. However, when it comes to his children he typically believes that "They're grown, they can make their own decisions, hopefully we raised them to make the right ones."

Appearance: Arthur has a head of black hair, peppered with white, and a fully black beard. He has seemingly harsh black eyes, but when he smiles or is genuinely happy his eyes crinkle at the sides and sparkle. He is tall with a strong build

Other:

Queen:

Name: Amelia Caulfield

Personality: Amelia is very loving and lavishes affections upon family, friends, and even people she just meets (which she is known for). She is outgoing and strongly opinionated, and is extremely stubborn. She is wonderfully creative, painting being one of her favorite pass-times. Amelia and Arthur are oppsites, but they balance each other out beautifully, providing their strengths where the other is weak. Her and Arthur rule strongly side by side, balancing their love for their people and the good of the people expertly. Amelia loves her children more than anything, and it hurts her deeply that her daughters prefer not to marry and that her children are so brooding.

Appearance: Amelia has long, black curls with a little bit of platinum-gray showing up here and there and a pair of large, gentle blue eyes. She has fair skin, rosey cheeks, and delicate features that match her slender, tall build.

Other: Arthur and Amelia grew up together, being just five years apart. People knew from the beginning that they would end up marrying, and one of Amelia's most distinctive memories is her and Arthur as children playing with paints silently, and him suddenly looking up and saying, "Everyone says I'm going to marry you when I get older. Do you want to marry me?" Her response was a simple, "I suppose."
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Fri May 17, 2013 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson