z

Young Writers Society

The 62nd Hunger Games (In need of tributes)

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 am
TaylorLove says...

Let the 62nd Hunger Games begin.

Each year, a boy and a girl from each of the twelve districts is cast in the reaping. You will be leaving your district. Leaving behind your family and friend. There is a chance you will never see them again. Then you are sent into an arena where you will fight to the death. One will live and twenty- three will die.

While you are at the capitol, you will experience some major changes. You will learn how to fight, basic survivor skills and how to stay alive. Other than fighting, your mentor (the person who was last to win in your district) will be talking strategies with you. They will be giving you valuable advice on how to get sponsors and most importantly, how to win. In the process off all this, your prep team will be transforming you image. They will help you win over the crowd.

Then the count down beings. You are in the arena. You look at the supplies. Anything from weapons to food. Then you look at the faces of the other tributes. You could be killing one of them or one of them could be killing you. Let's hope the odds are in your favor.

Districts:
Spoiler! :
District 1- Luxury

District 2- Masonry

District 3- Electronics

District 4- Fishing

District 5- Power

District 6- Transportation

District 7- Lumber

District 8- Textiles

District 9- Grain

District 10- Livestock

District 11- Agriculture

District 12- Coal Mining

Slots
Spoiler! :
District 1:Male alvarin
District 1: Female

District 2 :Male SassBideAndRawr
District 2: Female Demora

District 3: Male
District 3: Female

District 4: Male thegirlonfire
District 4: Female TaylorLove

District 5: Male
District 5: Female

District 6: Male
District 6: Female

District 7: Male ERANBEAR
District 7: Female Noelle

District 8: Male
District 8: Female

District 9 : Male
District 9: Female
District 10:Male JadenG
District 10: Female ladyofhedeathrose

District 11:Male Vampire
District 11:Female Katkage

District 12: Male ShadowVyper
District 12: Female SidereaAquila

Arena:
Spoiler! :
http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/36228-bigthumbnail.jpg

Spoiler! :
http://www.rlrouse.com/pic-of-the-day/frozen-pond.jpg

Rules:

Spoiler! :
1. No god modding
2. No sex scenes
3. No cursing
4. Thegirlonfire and I run this thing. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask.
5. Do not kill anyone with out asking.

Okay guys. I am really excited about this. Anyone can join. You can be a tribute, mentor, or game maker. I do not care which one. You can be all three if you would like. You can only be one tribute though. If you want to be another by the time thegirlonefire and I pick a starting date, you can be another if you PM one of us and let us know. Please join and have fun.

Character Profile:
Spoiler! :
Name:

District:

Personality:

Appearance:

Weapon of choice:

Up for love:

Other:
Last edited by TaylorLove on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:49 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Name: Abigail Grace Wood (Abby or Gracie )

District: 4

Personality: Abigail Grace is a tough little girl. She is really strong emotionally and physically. She was always the strong one in her family. She was the one that will push you through hard times. She expects a lot out of you and wants you to always give it your all. She is kind of shy though. Once you get to you her though, she is with you all the time.

Appearance: She has bleach blonde hair and ice blue eyes. She is really tan from being outside all of the time. She is really skinny and kind of short. She stand at 5'4. She is really strong despite her looks. Since she is from district 4 she has been training for this.

Weapon of choice: Knives. She likes to throw them at you.

Up for love: Yes

Other: Even thought she have been training for the hunger games, she is still terrified.
Last edited by TaylorLove on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 am
thegirlonfire says...

Name: Liam Lucas

District: 4

Personality: He’s really funny and he can talk to anyone. He’s not really afraid of many things. He’s very protective of the people he loves. He loves to have a good laugh and he is good at making people happy.

Appearance: He has brown hair that is medium length. He has daring green eyes. He is tan, tall, and strong. He has perfect white, straight teeth. Many of the girls find him very attractive. He usually wears some sort of green or blue tank top and jeans, until the Hunger Games.

Spoiler! :
http://effyeah-joeyg.tumblr.com/post/26554815425/mintyfreshh01-joey-graceffas-eyes-3

Weapon of choice: Spear

Up for love: Sure

Other: He's very nervous about the games.
Last edited by thegirlonfire on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reviews: 4
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:46 am
SidereaAquila says...

Name: Jackie Rockwell

District: 12

Personality: Jackie is incredibly smart, and is good at thinking on the spot. She is fiercely protective of not only the people she cares about, but anyone she happens to sympathize with at the time, particularly children. She's generally friendly, but if you get on her bad side, you'll stay there. She has a sarcastic sense of humor, and can be very blunt when she wants to be. She's selfless (not an asset where she's going) and loyal to the point of stupidity.

Appearance: Jackie is short, about five feet three inches, and has a trim, athletic build. She has pale skin, usually smudged with dirt or ash, and dark gray eyes. Her hair is dark brown, and she usually keeps it in a low ponytail. She has a pretty face, but rarely smiles, and is very hard to read. She usually wears tight pants, tank tops, her fleece jacket, and her old lace-up boots.

Weapon of choice: Shortbow or crossbow (other projectiles work, too)

Up for love: Yep.

Other: Her only motivation for surviving is her little sister, Tam. Her plan is to stay out of the way and let everyone else kill each other. Her object from home is a Rubik's Cube--she's gotten very good at it, and plays with it whenever she's nervous.
Last edited by SidereaAquila on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 pm
KatKage says...

Reserve Spot!! ^^ District 11 please ^^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 am
TaylorLove says...

of course
-Winnie the Pooh

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am
Noelle says...

Name: Ebony Elder

District: 7

Personality: Ebony is reserved. She tends to keep to herself and doesn't like confrontations. She's close with her friends and doesn't like to cause any trouble. She's smart, top of her class in school. Ebony likes to keep to herself, but will branch out if she needs to.

Appearance: Ebony stands at 5'5" and is stocky. After years of cutting down trees and making lumber, she's gained some muscle. She has light brown hair that is cut short. Her skin is very pale. She has brown eyes as well.
Spoiler! :

Weapon of choice: ax

Up for love: nope

Other: Ebony has spent many years cutting down trees to make lumber. She is handy with an ax as well as any knife. She's not as terrified as expected about going into the Games. She knows in the back of her mind that she is probably going to die, but she's keeping a positive attitude.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm
Jaden G. says...

Name: Clip Lowery

District: 10

Personality: Pessimistic at best. For a twelve year old, he seems to see circumstances realistically and has a bleak outlook when it comes to people. He loves animals and tends to talk to them.

Appearance: 5'2, Dark hair with equally dark skin and eyes. Wears a signature gray cap.

Weapon of choice: Spear

Up for love: No

Other: Doesn't plan on winning.

Spoiler! :
Do we have a DT up?
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Female for District 10 please?
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 pm
KatKage says...

Name: Jezzabelle Williams (Jezz to her friends ^^)

District: 11

Personality: Optimistic, cheerful and kind. She has a naturally good heart and doesn't wish harm on anyone. Although she's no fool or mark, she'll always help others in trouble despite the consequences it may cause her.She also has a condition that makes it hard for her to work day to day and she is not to have any great strain on her body. Despite her condition, she regulary sneeks out of the house and run around the orchards. She's very empathetic and sympathetic, and mourns with every death she sees. She's very good at singing, and will often randomly sing whatever lyrics she has in her head. Is very mature and motherly, despite her age.

Appearance: Blond hair that goes down to her wait, but is normally up in a little bun. She's very thin. Medium height. She's almost always smiling. She's very pale because she stays at her home cause of her condition.

Weapon of choice: Kunia knife

Spoiler! :

Up for love: Sure, I guess ^^

Other: Her object from home is a tiny crystal pendant she got from her mother before she was murdered in the streets by peace-keepers ^u^
She knows she will die in the games from being inexperienced or from her condtition, but will do her best to bring down the bad guys and protect the younger ones.
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:21 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Can I reserve the boy from district 2?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Alaria Ray (Ala or Ria to friends)

District: 10

Personality: Alaria is very sweet and bubbly , she helps others more then herself and is extremely introverted, she is huge on mercy but if she needs to defend herself she will no hesitation.

Appearance: Black hair to the middle of her back and naturally tan skin, high cheekbones 5'7, and dark green eyes.

Weapon of choice: Throwing knives

Up for love: Sure.

Other: She is often humming or singing softly, she knows how to build fires almost any condition and she gets along with animals amazingly well.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 pm
Alvarin says...

Can I reserve the boy from district 1?
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic