z

Young Writers Society

A Pirate's Life For Me

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:36 pm
Dynamo says...

Interested, Kai decided to follow them. Raioku stopped him before he left. "Where are you going?"

"For a walk," Kai replied in a confident voice, as if he didn't care if Raioku believed him or not.

"Whose going to pay for the drinks?"

"You two are, I've got no money." Kai walked out the tavern before his nakama could protest.

Raioku and Eru looked at each other. "You've got any money?" he asked.

"No, do you?"

"The Marines took all my money when they captured me." They both sighed in despair.

Kai found the two from the tavern talking in an alley way. The man seemed like he was trying to apologize. Kai got close to hear the conversation but made sure he wouldn't be seen. No one could ever hear him when he was sneaking.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:23 pm
-KayJuran- says...

"Seriously," Amandine repeated, "It's alright. I just needed the money.. that's all."

Will sighed. "Know the feeling."

"And.. um, sorry about tripping like that. I guess I just didn't see you."

"Not many do." Will grinned. "It's something I'm good at."

Unable to hear everything that was being said, Kai inched closer, when suddenly, he heard a familiar voice.

"Kai!" Eru called, "You'd better be out here!"

"Shh!" Kai whispered, "What're you shouting for?!"

"Someone," she said, arms folded, "is going to have to pay that guy. Raioku's still in there and-"

"I told you to shush," Kai interrupted, "Can't you see I'm trying to sneak?" He turned his head at a noise, only to see both daggers and pistols pointed towards him.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

103 Reviews

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:46 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai put on a friendly smile and pushed one of the pistols away from his face. "Hey, there's no reason to be hostile. Let's be friends."

"Leave, now." Will said.

Kai frowned, "If that's what you want." He turned around and began to walk away. "It's a shame though, I was about to offer you a unique business opportunity."

Amandine stopped him, "Wait, business opportunity?"

"Yes, me and my 'co-workers' are 'seaward explorers.' We're currently in the market for ship and a few more crewmen. Seeing as how you've been working in a tavern you can cook, right miss..."

"Amandine, and yes I can cook a bit."

Kai looked at Will. "And Mister..."

"Will Fletcher."

"Because of pirates this job can be a little dangerous so we need someone with your weapons expertize to help defend our crew. So, are you two interested?"
Take that, science!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:49 pm
Araidne says...

It's not to late for me to join is it? :)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:09 pm
Gazza_14 says...

(OOC, this is Dynamo's thing, but I'm sure he'll be happy to have another charcater. Go ahead and make one)

Will nodded.
"Yes, I'm in."
He waved his pistols in the air and then placed them in the holsters.

He turned to the waitress, still stained with milk and ale.

"What about you?"
Stop. Look. Jive!

324 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:25 am
-KayJuran- says...

"Yes," she replied. "I'll join you." After all, she realised, she had nothing to lose. No home, no job..

She sighed, then looked up. "Just remembered something," she said. "I used to live in the tavern - work paid for board and keep. But now.."

Kai didn't seem to be paying attention, his gaze focused on a mouse in the distance, strangely enough. Amandine pressed on though, in spite of everything.

"..you've got a boat, haven't you? Do we stay there tonight?"

Kai blinked.

"Ah, yes. A boat.. of course. Well, don't be silly, of course we have a boat. It's.. ah, in the dock - we're just headed there now.."

Eru tapped him on the shoulder.

"You've forgotten Raioku again, haven't you.." She lowered her voice. "And.. what boat, cap'n? Ours sank, remember?"

103 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:49 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai lowered his voice and replied, "Then we'll just have to get a new one won't we? Go get Rai and meet us at the docks."

Eru sighed and went back into the tavern, Raioku was stuck washing dishes. Kai took Will and Amandine to the docks. Together they were going to commandeer a boat, but the two of them didn't know it yet.

They all made it to the harbor and began their search for a boat. There were a few boats to choose from, most of which were left unguarded. Kai and Raioku whispered to each other.

"How about that one?" Raioku asked, pointing to the largest ship.

"No, that won't work. We need something faster. Trust me, I've done this kind of thing before."

"What are you two talking about?" Amandine asked.

"That one." Kai said, pointing to a ship that was 2/3 the size of the first one. "That's our ship. What say we go aboard and shoove off, the sea is calling me."

Kai began sneaking towards the boat with the others following behind him.

"Why are you sneaking?" Will asked.

"Oh, uh, I have a, uh, quarrel with a few people working these docks. Eh, don't ask."

They all made it to the boat and were about to go up the landing ramp when a someone stopped them. "Hey, you!" A man working at the docks came up to them. "You're not supposed to be here!"

Kai put his arm around the man's shoulder. "Hey, there's no reason to shout. Why don't I buy you a few drinks?"

"Tha-that's awful kind of you." Kai and the worked walked away. Eru urged everyone onto the ship while they still had the chance.

Kai looked over his shoulder to see if everyone was on the ship. He looked back to the worker. "Say, what's your name?"

"Steve."

"Well Steve it's been nice talking with you." Kai then pushed the working into the water and ran back to the ship.
Take that, science!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:30 pm
Gazza_14 says...

While the worker thrashed helplessly in the murky waters, Kai ran back to the boat, chuckling to himself.

"Come on then," Kai rubbed his hands together "He might be able to swim for all we know!"

Will and Amandine exchanged glances.

"Better not question it," Will whispered to her
Will felt the strange sensation of the water below him, feeling as though he were about to fall over at any moment. He tried not to look, it was certainly not an appropiate time to chat about sea sickness.

"Lets be going then!" Kai bellowed, and the crew got ready to leave.
Stop. Look. Jive!

103 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:53 pm
Dynamo says...

They opened the sails and hauled up the anchor. When they got a few miles away from the city Eru asked her captain, "Do you think the marines will chase us?"

"If they haven't started yet they won't be bothering us anymore."

Will and Amandine overheard the conversation.

"Why would the Marines be following us?" Amandine asked, "This is you're boat, isn't it?'

Kai turned to her and put on a friendly smile that just spelled trouble. "I guess I should thank you. We wouldn't have been able to commondeer this ship without you. Now you guys can call yourselves true pirates."
Last edited by Dynamo on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Take that, science!

324 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:12 pm
-KayJuran- says...

"Pirates!" Amandine said, "You said business oportunity.. you never said anything about.. well, you never said.."

Kai smirked at her, amused with himself. "You never asked."

Will seemed equally shocked, staring wide-eyed. He moved one hand towards his pistols.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Kai remarked, "After all, you stole this boat too. You're a fugitive too."

"He's right," Eru said, "You don't want to go to prison, do you?"

Amandine stared out across the sea. "Well," she said at last, "I did say I wanted to find a new place to work.."

103 Reviews

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:25 pm
Dynamo says...

"Well, now that that's settled I think I'm going to take a nap. Wake me when we get there, Ru."

"Where, Captain?" Eru asked, annoyed. "You haven't told us where we're going yet."

Kai blinked. "Oh, right. Ok, we're going to where there's treasure, wake me when we get there."

"Wait!" But Kai was already climbing up the mast to take his nap. Eru groaned, "And where is that?"

As she made her way to the steering wheel she passed by Raioku who was sitting against a barrel, asleep. "Not you too..."
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:02 am
Dynamo says...

(I don't like posting right after one of my own posts, I left it open for one of you guys to fill in.)

Kai slowly woke up to the gently breeze against his face. He found himself in a large empty field of grass. There were no clouds in the blue skies above.

"Where am I?" Kai said.

An aroma wafted around his nose. He found it to be pleasant and sweet. He turned around to see where the smell was coming from.

He gasped. In front of him was a white ocean of milk with hundreds of fish jumping up from the liquid.

Kai felt like he was going to cry. "I'm in Paradise!"

A shadow began to form around him from something above. He looked up and saw a giant fist plummeting down from the sky towards him.

*Wham!*

"OWW!" Kai rolled off of his spot. He nearly fell off the mast but he dug his claws into the wood. As he hung off the mast he saw Raioku up in the crows-nest beside where Kai was sleeping. His hand was clenched into a fist.

"Stop napping, we've got a problem!" Raioku shouted.

Kai blinked, still hanging on to the mast. "More important than sleeping?"

"Dammit, yes! More important than sleeping! We've got marine ships coming up on us!"

"Really..." Kai released his grip and landed on his feet on the deck below. He went over to Eru who was steering the boat.

"Where have you been? Honestly." Eru complained.

"What's our situation?"

Eru handed Kai the telescope and pointed behind her. "See for yourself."

Kai took the telescope from Eru. There were three marine ships behind them. Kai looked at the one in the middle with the telescope, they were putting up flags.

"Their sending us a message. Surrender or we will shoot." Kai read.

Worried, Eru asked, "What are we going to do?"

Kai hopped onto the railing and waved his arms to try and get their attention.

(Marine's ship)

"Well? How did they respond?" asked the captain to the subordinate.

The marine handed over the telescope. "See for yourself."

The captain took the telescope and looked at Kai's ship. Rage struck the captain like a bullet when he saw Captain Kai with his pants down at his ankles giving him a full moon.

(Back on Kai's ship.)

Kai was laughing at the top of his lungs as he showed his butt to the marines. "This is what I think of your demands!"

Eru just stood there, unable to believe that her own captain pulled off a stunt like that. "...You're sick minded... Captain."

Kai pulled his pants back up and hopped off the railing back onto the deck. "You think that pissed them off?" he asked.

The marines open fired. cannonballs rain from the sky just barely missing the ship.

"If I had to guess, I'd say yes." Eru answered.

Kai ran to the middle of the ship and began to give orders. "Rai! Amandine! Tie down all the ropes! Will! Attend the cannons, take down as many marines as you can!"

"It's three against one," Will pointed out. "You don't expect me to sink them all do you?"

Kai looked up at the sky and examined the clouds. They all seemed to be moving to the north, the ship was currently moving east.

"Eru!"

"Yeah?"

"Turn the ship 39 degrees to the left, now!"

She nodded, "Yes, Captain." Eru was amazed at how Kai was able to act like a complete idiot one minute and then become so serious the next. This was one side of her captain she didn't expect.
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:11 pm
Dynamo says...

Come on guys, keep posting!
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:10 pm
Karma says...

SORRY! SCHOOL! SORRY! either someone take over my character, or kill me off, because my schedule is packed for the next 6 months...SORRY!!!
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:05 pm
Dynamo says...

I'm going to be leaving for Japan very soon so unfortunately I may have trouble posting. If I don't post anything by mid October chances are I'm not going to post anything for the next 10 months.
Take that, science!

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green