z

Young Writers Society

A Pirate's Life For Me

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:13 pm
Dynamo says...

Since no one else seems to be posting at the moment I'll make another character.

Name: 'Pirate Hunter' Raioku
Species: Human
Weapons: Tetsiga (A rusty old katana that turns into an over-sized sword when he holds it)
Powers: Wind Scar (An energy attack that comes from his sword in the shape of a claw scratch)
Purpose for becoming a pirate: Raioku has no reason to become a pirate (at least before he meets Kai). 'Pirate Hunter' Raioku is not a name he gave to himself, people call him that because he has killed hundreds of pirates. His true calling however is to become the greatest swordsman in the world. The way he fights leads people to believe he is a demon.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:50 pm
Dynamo says...

(Since I like the sound of it better I'm going to call the navy the marines)

Kai and Eru continued down the street in search of crewmen and a boat. As they passed by a tavern a man was thrown out of a window into the street.

When Eru saw this she said, "I never knew there could be so much anger in just one city alone." But when she looked at her captain Kai wasn't paying attention. He was looking at a poster on the wall. "What are you looking at?"

"Our next nakama."(Japanese reference meaning friend or partner) Ru looked at the poster. It was a notice to tell the public that the infamous Pirate Hunter Raioku was to be placed in front of a firing squad this evening.

"Are you crazy?" Ru asked, "there's no way he would help us! He's one of the most dangerous bounty hunters in this part of the ocean."

Kai smiled, "Exactly why we need to make him our nakama. Let's go see him!" Kai ran like an excited child towards the marines' base in this city, that would be the place Raioku would be gunned down.

With a sigh Eru ran after her captain which she was beginning to think more and more that he was a complete lunatic.

The marine base was surrounded by large fences that were made of wood. Since this base can't do much about the problems with the town a wooden fence was the best they could afford.

Kai and Eru ran around to the side of the base behind the fence. As they looked for another entrance, because the main entrance was heavily guarded, Eru asked, "How are we going to get in?"

Kai ran his hand against the fence to check to wood. He smiled and extended his claws from his fingertips. He dug his claws into the fence and began to climb.

Before he reached the top Eru asked, "What about me?"

"You stay here and keep watch, I'll be back as soon as I make Raioku our nakama." He disappeared over the fence.

Eru watched through one of the gaps in the fence between the logs of wood and watched her captain.

Kai ran across the empty yard to Raioku, who was tied to a piece of wood ready to be gunned down. He has short black hair and seemed a bit taller than Kai. Raioku always carried a sword with him, but it looked like the marines took it away. The bounty hunter seemed to be sleeping, but when Kai got closer his brown eyes shot open. "Who are you?" he asked, irritated.

"I'm here to free you and make you part of my crew." Kai answered.

"No."

Surprised with his answer, Kai asked, "Why not? You'd be a great pirate!"

"I hate pirates, and if you don't want to be killed I suggest you leave right now!"

"Why?" Kai asked, "are you going to kill me?"

"The marines will." Kai took a step closer and looked around Raioku's body. "What?" he asked irritated.

"Where's your sword?"

"The marines took it."

"Then it's settled," Kai said, "I'll get your sword back and free you and you will become my nakama!"

"I never agreed to that!" Raioku protested.

"OK then, I'll just get your sword back and free you."

"What's your name?" Raioku asked.

"The name's Kai, but you can call me captain once I free you." Before Raioku protested Kai ran off away from the marines' building.

"Hey!" Raioku shouted.

Kai stopped and looked at him. "What?"

Raioku pointed with his bound hand towards the building. "The building is over there, stupid!"

"Oh, thanks." Kai ran off, this time towards the building.

When Kai was out of sight Raioku said to himself, "Kai... Where have I heard that name before?"
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:57 am
Karma says...

((Uhhhm sorry, Dnamo, but I think this storybook is flopping because noone else will post...))
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:01 pm
Dynamo says...

But I want to continue it. :(
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:43 pm
Karma says...

okey dokey, then, when someone else post's, I'll post, I'm not trying to e mean or anything, but it is flopping, and now we'll be sure to continue it
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:07 pm
Dynamo says...

(The way I see it Karma, if we keep this thread active then more people will see that it's still active and will want to join in.)

Two men were gaurding the entrance to the Marines' base. The two gaurds saw Kai approaching at an alarming rate.

They stepped forward and pointed their guns at him. "You're in a restricted area! Stop right now or we'll shoot!"

Kai ignored them and kept running. Right before the gaurds could shoot he jumped over their heads and slammed the front door open with his feet. A few seconds after he entered the building the alarm went off. Kai ignored it and headed for the armory.

After encountering a few more marines he finally made it to the armory. He pushed opened the doors and gasped at how many swords were in the room. "How the heck am I going to find Raioku's sword in all of this?"

Kai began to sniff around for Raioku's scent. Being both a dog and a cat his sence of smell was much greater than a human's.

He picked up Raioku's scent and followed it to a rust old sword in the corner. "So, this is his sword?" Kai said to himself, "I was expecting something a little more... flashy."

Just then five gaurds with loaded rifles entered the room. Without a moment's hesitation Kai jumped out of the window. Two bullets from the marines' guns just skinned his arm as he went out. He landed feet first two stories down and headed back towards Raioku.

When he arrived Eru was already untying the bounty hunter. Kai gave Raioku the sword and said, "Here's your rusty knife."

Raioku glared at him. "You'd better watch what you say, this rusty knife is more powerful than any sword in this part of the ocean."

"Kai!" He turned to face Eru and saw her pointing towards a large group of marines with swords heading towards them.

Kai was about to take his gunblades from his back when Raioku stopped him. "I'll handle this." Kai nodded to him in aproval and stepped aside.

Raioku's sword suddenly changed into a large oversized sowrd almost the size of his body. He lifted it over his head and slashed it into the ground. A giant clawshaped wave of energy shot out of the sword and hit all the marines, each one of them fell to the ground.

"Impressive." Kai said.

Raioku's sword went back to normal. when it was regular size again he sheathed it on his belt. He faced Kai and said, "Thanks."

"So," Kai began, "I held up my end of the bargain. I helped you escape and now you have to be my nakama."

Raioku didn't protest. Instead, he asked, "I thought Silver Claw Kai would already have a crew of his own."

Kai smiled and brought his face close to Raioku to whisper in his ear. "If you say that name again I'll have to rip your face off."

"Uhh, maybe we should get out of here now." Eru suggested, afraid there might be more marines coming their way.

"Good idea, I'm starved. Let's go find something to eat." Kai led his small, but growing group of pirates out of the marine base. Raioku was reluctant, but something about Kai caused him to follow.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:07 am
Karma says...

sorry, but no go ( and I really am sorry!)
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:30 pm
Dynamo says...

I just wanted to post that last part so I can leave it open for others to join in. It'd be pretty hard for them to meet our characters if we were still in the marine's base.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:59 pm
Karma says...

okay
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:13 am
-KayJuran- says...

Eep! I think I said I'd join and then I never did, so I'm sorry...

How's this:

Name: Amandine
Weapons: Small daggers (hidden in boots), and a long knife at her belt - numerous pub brawls while working in a tavern have taught her how to fight.
Powers(if any): ---
Purpose for becoming a pirate: She's fed up with working in the taverns because of the lousy pay. She's looking for adventure, as well as some good old-fashioned gold.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:06 pm
Gazza_14 says...

This looks like fun.

Name: Will Fletcher
Weapons: His two pistols, which never leave his side. He uses these, rather than his fists, to fight.
Powers: -
Purpose for becoming a pirate: Money. He doesn't want to be a pirate as such, but knows its the only way to get money to stop him and his family from starving.
Stop. Look. Jive!

103 Reviews

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:39 pm
Dynamo says...

(Keep posting guys.)

The three of them went to a tavern down by the docks, the one that Kai and Eru saw a man being thrown out a window. Eru and Raioku didn't fell comfortable coming to this place. The water elf because it was so violent here and the bounty hunter because someone might recognize him. But their fearless leader had no problem with coming to this tavern.

When they sat at a table a woman came to take their order. "Welcome to the Black Eye Tavern. What would you three like today?"

Raioku--"Beer."
Eru--"Water."
Kai--"Milk, please."

The two of them looked at their captain. "What? I like milk."
Take that, science!

49 Reviews

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:25 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Three strangers entered the bar, and Will eyed them suspiciously. He prayed that they wouldn't see him, not even daring to breathe, lest it attract attention to him. He gripped his pistols tighly, even mock shooting some of the more 'colourful' characters in the bar.
He had begun to edge closer to them, almost hearing snippets of their conversation, when a clumsy waitress barged into him. Pints of ale slid onto the floor, the sound of glass crashing alerting everyone to his presence.
Stop. Look. Jive!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:13 pm
-KayJuran- says...

(clumsy?! ah well.. if you say so..)

Amandine gasped as the man stood in front of her, soaked to the skin. Where had he come from?!

She put the glass of milk - surprisingly, not broken - on the table next to her, and started to apologise. Kai, meanwhile, sidled over to the glass of milk and started to drink.

"Don't worry about it," Will muttered, still watching the three strangers, "accidents happen."

Becoming increasingly worried, Amandine groaned as she spotted the bartender enter the room.

"What-" he asked loudly, "in God's name do you think you're doing?!"

"I'm sorry.." she said, her eyes cast downwards.

"She did apologise," Will interrupted. He didn't want to get too caught up in this - though there was no chance of keeping a low profile now.

"You're sorry?!" the bartender bellowed, taking no notice of Will. "That's it. No pay for a month."

"Again?" Amandine protested, fed up with the tight-fisted old man. She straightened, and threw her apron at the man's feet. "That's it," she said, "There's no way I'm working for you any longer."

Head held high, she walked outside, slamming the door behind her.

"Here," Kai addressed the bartender, presenting an empty glass. "Any chance of another?"
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

49 Reviews

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:54 pm
Gazza_14 says...

The whole bar stared at him.

"What are you all staring at?" He attempted to sound threatening, waving his pistols around the bar. Nobody cowered.

The bartender mumbled drunkenly about the waitress and then stepped up to Will.
"Sorry about 'er," He stank of vomit and alcahol. "She's got a bit too much...ambition."
Will nodded and quickly brushed aside the drunk. He stepped up to the table he had been watching. His mouth was already forming the word "Hello" when a pang of guilt washed over him. That girl had lost her job, and she'd ran into the misty dangers of the harbour.
He chased her outside.
Stop. Look. Jive!

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye