z

Young Writers Society

High School For Monsters

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:35 pm
FreeFalling says...

Jalyn

I sigh and smile at the girl Zivibelle, focusing on her and not the door.

“Maybe a little but this place seems better than any other school I’ve had to go to.” A few of the others are still staring at me and I shrug, making random conversation and forcing my hand to still on the dagger( they don’t seem all that dangerous), “ So what is everyone anyway.”

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm
neko says...

“So what is everyone anyway.”
I grin and point to myself.
"Child of Satan. Eldest."
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 am
View Likes
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

"What is everyone, anyway?"
I grinned and inhaled slowly. Slo-o-wly. I felt my appearance change according to my will-- I became a small white dragon at one point, and then a very tiny fairy at another. I went through every kind of shape I could think of to shift into. Then I grinned again and said, "Guess."

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Zar

I shake my head a little as Zivi starts sparkling and then proceeds to change her form into that of a ton of different supernatural creatures.

The new girl's eye widen a little at this display before they go back to her normal, cool look.

I step forward a little. "I'm Zar." I say, "I'm... what you'd call a ghost, I guess... but a little more alive."

Zivi stops changing for a second and looks towards Jalyn. "Guess." She grins.

I smile, stepping back into my seat. This high school is a lot more interesting then the last one I went to.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 am
FreeFalling says...

Jalyn

I nod, looking from the Demon chick to the "ghost" boy then back to the shape-shifting girl with a little smirk on my face.

"Let Me See..." I say slowly, letting my voice curl around the words, "Well you dno't look 'dark' enough to be a demon or pale enough to be a ghost."

I pause, smirking a bit, " Shape shifter?" I ask innocently.

She nods and I turn my gaze back to the door, "Nice."

184 Reviews

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 am
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

I nod. "Nice," says the newbie. I shrug.
"We're not all bad here," I say, trying to read this new one. "Your past is behind you. It would be wise for you to keep it that way." The tattoos on my arms glow a little brighter and I smile. "I wonder where our teacher is."

Reviews: 1
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am
Cramerx says...

I walked into the classroom, keeping my hood over my face. I took a seat in the back of the class away from everyone else, careful not to attract the attention of any of the other students. I didn't really want to be here in the first place, but I had no intention of making friends...or even speaking to anybody that I didn't absolutely have to. It was too dangerous for me to be even slightly distracted. I remembered what happened last time.....the last time that I lost control.
Men are born without limits but learn about them throughout their years.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm
24SOTK says...

Ryker

I walked into the classroom. I take a seat in the middle of the class, pulling off my hat as I do so. I look around the class. I pull my trench coat closer to myself. "Today is not going to go my way", I think. The smell of everyone in the room made my eyes flash red and then back to brown. I get up and start to walk out of the room. "I can't do this" I think "Not with all of these people."

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 am
Supermeggs12 says...

Violet M.

I carefully peered the door open, allowing myself to slip into the classroom. A few eyes whipped towards me as I speeded across the room, but when I eased myself into my seat, they presumed doing what they had before. Accept for one boy, his gaze is completely fixated upon me. His eyebrow was slightly raised, and his chest slowly moving up and down. I offered him a nervous smile and a small wave. He eventually looked away, causing my anxiety to loosen.

The door swung open, and shortly after a woman entered. She greeted everyone, and recognized me as her new student. At my old school, when new students came teachers didn't make a big deal out of new students, they practically ignored them on their first day at the school. She flipped through several pages of the book until she finally found the right one, and after she smoothed her bony finger upon it.

"Good Morning class! I'm Harper Vanderwaal, and It appears we have a new student, and her name is Voilet M.". She said. She spoke in a noticeable French accent. Only one person at least acknowledged my presence, and he was the boy that had been staring at me earlier.

And no. I don't tell people my last name because it's dreadful. Voilet Mckenna Harrison. It doesn't fit the gloominess of my personality and makes me sound like some blonde bubbly cheerleader type. When actually, my hair is a deep shade of red, and sports have never been my thing.

I've never had many friends, just acquaintances. I've always been introverted, maybe because people couldn't handle my honesty. This has never failed to run my friendships dry, but hopefully here I can learn to control my impulses. Things will be different. I'm sure of it.

184 Reviews

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 am
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

"It's nice to meet you, Mademoiselle Vanderwaal," I say with a smile, taking a seat between all my new friends. "And you too, Violet." I smile at the girl with the red hair who seems pretty shy. I hope she's going to feel welcome. Judging by the other dark creatures in the room, I highly doubt it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm
kayfortnight says...

Spoiler! :
Can I join? Maya's a Cambion, offspring of an incubus and a human woman. She looks like an extremely beautiful human and is very persuasive.

I slipped into the classroom, then paled as the whole class, including the teacher, turned to stare at me. Late.

The teacher turned. "And who would you be?"

"Maya. I don't deserve to get in trouble for being late." I crossed my fingers, hoping they didn't have anything here to deal with unusually charismatic students.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 am
Icleminiangel says...

Rowan

Damn it I was late, way to make an impression on my first day. I ran to the door and pulled it open. Please please no one notice me please. " nice of you to finally join us miss..." I looked around, well she wasn't talking to the girl with a... bloody hell that girl had a knife. she wasn't talking to anyone else in here *sigh*she was talking to me well I had already started the day off in a bad way may as well make myself a reputation "Rowan miss and I would apologize for being late but honestly I just don't give a damn so just continue what you where droning on about before don't mind me" I turned and took the last seat at the back in the corner not noticing who sat near me and honestly not caring. after the display I just gave they probably thought I was a spoiled brat. Well I didn't care they can think that I didn't need anyone I'd just get hurt... Again.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:52 pm
kayfortnight says...

Maya

I slipped to the back of the room, relieved that the teacher had apparently forgotten me after the show Rowan put up, and sat down next to her. I tried to pay attention to the teacher, knowing my family would want me to do well here.

She announced we'd be doing a project, which surprised me. Most of the time, at least in the schools my brother attended, projects were as rare as good cafeteria food. Maybe it was different when your student body was like ours.

Ms. Vanderwaal assigned me to work with Rowan. I glanced at her nervously and hoped that I'd learned some of the necessary foreknowledge when my mother home schooled me. I had no desire to be a burden to my partner.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 am
Supermeggs12 says...

Violet

The teacher has just announced we will be assigned a partner, and much to my
dismay she's forcing every student to pick a name from her bin. The name you pick, will be your partner. I wonder who will be the unlucky soul I'll partner with? So far, the options look grey. The boy with the piercing stare who can't keep his eyes off me, and there's Zivibelle.. she seems nice but slightly naive. Everyone else hasn't bothered with me..

One by one each student saunters up to Ms Vanderwaal and pulls out a note. Some seem pleased, others don't. I push my legs out my seat and trail up to the desk. Ms Vanderwaal grins, and gestures to the bin. I moan and dig my hand in. It's somebody named Ayrton Quaker? I flash a glimpse of it to the air, allowing everybody to notice it. That same boy who was staring at me earlier, flashes his hand indicating it's him. I sigh. This is what I feared...

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:36 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Rowan-
Projects... Yay (sarcastically) great I'm no good at projects and so everyone will think I'm a spoiled brat who is also an idiot. This day keeps getting better and better. I so hope that my partner, I think her name is Maya...I look down at the slip of paper in my hand yeah her name is Maya, knows what she's doing

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos