z

Young Writers Society

High School For Monsters

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

I couldn't imagine why the fog was with Toni. I couldn't think why it would want to stick around with me. Once more, the fog swirled around me, but this time it was my sister, Odessa. I turned away at first, unable to look into her eyes but I knew this fog was just delivering a message. A message from the dead.
"Zivi," said the fog-Odessa. "It wasn't your fault."
And then it was gone and I was on the floor, unable to move or speak or breathe. The fog had followed Toni to give me a message, but now it remained with Toni.

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm
SassBideAndRawr says...

Zar

I walk into the classroom and take the seat closest to the door brushing a strand of insanely white hair out of my face as I do.

When my father told me about this school for monsters I felt amazingly happy.

No more judgement, no more people staring at me, no more people not seeing me.

But now I realise that I probably always will be.

Judged that is.

I look around the room at the other 'monsters'.

They're all different in there own way.

But they basically have one simularity.

They're Alive.

And I'm... not.

White hair, white skin, blue lips, light blue eyes (nothing like what they used to be), same outfit for the last 5 years.

But I'm still Here so I guess I can't complain.

Reviews: 4
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:08 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sophia

"Hey, there!" I flew over to the deathly pale kid who had just walked in and shook his (?) hand. "I'm Sophia. ...Chimera, in case you were wondering. And sorry if I smacked you with my wings on the landing."

"I'm Zar," he said, shaking my hand uncertainly. "Nice to meet you."

That was when I realized what was so odd about him. His hand was kind of clammy, and really, really cold.

"So..." I began, wondering how to phrase my thought correctly. "Ah...what are you, exactly?"
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:56 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

Zar

-Zar-

Just then a girl flies over.
“Hey there,” she says energetically, “I’m Sophia. A Chimera, in case you were wondering. And sorry if I smacked you with my wings on the landing."
I nod, “it’s fine….” I pause a second, “I’m Zar. It’s nice to meet you.”

Hesitantly I shake her hand.
She looks up a little puzzled, “So… What are you exactly?”

I pause a second.

'Damn, you knew this question was coming. Don’t act surprised' a voice yells inside my head.

I ignore it and look back at the girl- Sophia- letting out a sigh.

“Well… technically I’m just dead. Or I was. But my family are mostly witches so they decided that they’d… uh… ‘Bring me back’. So I guess I’m a ghost or a zombie or something…”

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 am
KingLucifer says...

Kira

The first school that Kira had ever gone to in her immortal life, the first one that her parents actually sent her off to, to become educated. Why exactly was it needed? Her parents said it was something along the lines of "Knowing other places other than the castle." kind of deal. Now it was the first school to wake her while she was napping on the celing of the building, Kira fell and slamed into a wooden table, in the dust Kira's hand sped out and grabbed the nearest kid's neck and pull him close enough to begin feeding. She let go and wiped her mouth of blood. Soon she jumped on the ceiling and walked along the *pillars that hung from the ceilings* (OOC: Someone correct me on this, I know these had a proper name but I can't think of it at the moment.) Kira made her way out of the room and into the hall ways looking around for other people.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:06 am
FreeFalling says...

-Jalyn-

Pushing a few strands of stray silvery blonde waves out of my eyes I walk up the steps to this new high school for monsters.
Monsters. Ha.

Some people must have been relieved.

Me? Well, It never really mattered.

I guess I've alweays managed to find a way to blend in with others, have some fun and still manage to follow the rules my mother set for me in order to actually attend a high school rather than getting homeschooled for the rest of my life.

But now them rules are dead and void.

Because this is a school for monsters.
And I'm going to have fun.

As I walk though the gates I check that I have everything.

My bag, all the books I was told I would need, my ipod and a small silver knife tucked into the pocket of my jeans- for 'protection' as my sister warned.

Slowly I wall down the hall.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:53 am
neko says...

I watch quietly as people slowly beginto walk in, paying close attention to the pale boy.
Zar, I think.
Undead? Whatever. Shit happens.
I turn my attention back to my desk and continue to scratch my initials into the desk.
When I've succesfully defaced the desk beyond repair, I lean back and prop my boots up on it.
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

184 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

A guy with completely pale white skin enters the room, and I watch all the humans enter. I turn to Toni.
"I think you were right about the fog-thing," I say. "Shifting fog doesn't follow people around." Toni says nothing, so I say it again, thinking she can't hear me. This time, I add, "You must be really special," on the end. I take the silence as a chance to look around and see what everyone's doing. The boy says he's undead, and the others haven't really spoken. The girl who gave me a reality check earlier is staring everybody down. The chimera- Sophia, I remember- is being so nice to everybody. I stand up and pull Toni over to where Sophia and the boy- Zar?- stand.
"Hi," I say, too cheerfully again. "I'm Zivibelle. But you can call me Zivi. Or Belle. Either one's good with me."
"Zar," he says.
"He's undead," says Sophia with a heart-melting grin.
"That's so cool!" I almost shout. "How does that work?"
Poor Zar looks so uncomfortable, but I can't help but ask.
Somewhere behind me, I feel the girl with the attitude issue staring at me.
Every day can get better, I remind myself.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:09 am
SassBideAndRawr says...

--Zar--

Another girl walks over, smiling warmly, “Hi! I’m Zivibelle… But you can call me Zivi. Or Belle. Either one’s good with me.”
I nod and smile a little, shoving my hands in my pockets.

“Zar.”

“He’s Undead!” the winged girl-Sophia- gushes and Zivibelle grins.
“That’s so cool! How does that work?” she shouts.
Well… how do I explain that? I think uncomfortably.

I’m not even sure how it works.

Behind her a girl glares over at us, her feet propped up on the desk.
She reminds me of someone I met bak home once...
I turn away.

“Well…” I start, trying to think of words to say, “Technically l “died” a couple years ago and a few family members couldn’t cope so they decided to bring me back.”

I get a few strange looks at this. And I nod, “Because A lot of my family… practically all of them were witches. So they spent a while figuring out potions and stuff and one of them just happened to ‘bring me back’… Don’t ask me to explain exactly how that works… cause I have no idea….

Anyway I woke up in the morgue the night before they… uh… were going to bury me and, well that didn’t exactly go down well…”
I smile a little remembering the face of the watchmen on duty that night, “We had to move after that… I even had to get home-schooled for a while. Until they found this place…”

184 Reviews

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:24 am
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

The pale boy explains how being undead works, and I can't help but be totally fascinated.
"So what's the difference between you and a zombie?" I ask in the middle of his sentence, following my own train of thought. I notice the tattoos on my skin aren't glowing quite as brightly as I'd like them to, so I think of something happy. Happy thoughts increase the strength of a shape-shifter's shape. If you ever want to confuse a shifter, just scare the living crap out of us. I remember a story in the shifter newspapers about a guy who would shift into the love of your life if you provoked him. He was quite the stud in his day. Then he became my father and the rest is history.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am
FreeFalling says...

-Jalyn-

I walk into the classroom- once I figure out which one it is exactly- and take a seat towards the middle of the room, observing the others in the room for a minute.

A girl with wings and a tail, an elf looking girl, a really pale boy, a girl surrounded in fog, a girl with flame red hair and a girl with a tattoo covering half of her face.

Damn, if it weren't for the deathly pale boy you'd think this was and all girls school or something.
Kinda reminds me of that freakish boarding school my mother insisted I went to once...

That was kinda fun...
Pity it burned to the ground.

I lean back in my chair, smiling a little at the memory and settle with just listing in with them talking for a while... until it gets boring.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 am
neko says...

I watch the new arrival strolls in and take a seat, silver hair falling over his/her face. He/she takes a seat and leans back, smiling. I smirk and lean forward.
"Make sure no one see's that love" I murmer, gesturing to his/her pocket.
"Wouldn't want to get into trouble on your first day."
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

184 Reviews

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

Someone new walks in and I grin. I'm in my element, what with all these new people around. I walk over and sit next to the newbie, gesturing to Zar and Sophia to take a seat next to me.
"I'm Zivibelle," I say. "It's nice to meetcha." My silvery tattoos glow a little brighter and I smile.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:10 pm
FreeFalling says...

Jalyn- (she)

After a while the girl with the tattoo covering half of her face looks over at me, smirking and glancing at the silver knife in my pocket.
"Make sure no one see's that love” she murmurs, gesturing to my dagger, "Wouldn't want to get into trouble on your first day."

I smile coolly, “And who says I’m going to?”
Just then another girl walks over, taking the seat next to mine and the other two who she was talking to follow suit.

"I'm Zivibelle," says the girl, smiling, "It's nice to meetcha."
I nod, leaning further back into seat, swinging on the legs a little, “Jalyn.”
I look towards the door but It remains closed so I turn back to the people surrounding me, taking in their appearances up close.
I grin, well this is certainly a change from my own school.

184 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:28 am
RoyalHighness says...

Zivibelle

The girl with the knife keeps looking around, so I try breaking the ice again.
"I'm guessing this is different for you," I say cooly, the tattoos on my skin dimming to a solid white. I felt Sophia's eyes on the back of my head, watching to see whether I'd really make a friend with this new girl.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm not one for giving up.

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe