131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

My profile;

Name: Fern Abilene

District Number: District 1

Which one? Tribute or Mentor: Mentor (Suprised we already got three!)

Appearance/ Picture: Firey red hair that's choppily cut with uneven lengths. She has melty and frail brown eyes. Pale, with District One perfect skin. She's only 5'3 with a lithe, compact body. She has strong leg muscles and small, muscular arms. She has sores on the inside of her bottom lip. They aren't visible, but the blood on her teeth sometimes is. She also has a rash from her wrist to her elebow. (See Abilities for why.)

Spoiler! :

Personality: Not very talkative, but always the observant strategic. She doesn't mind just observing things, and then whispering little observations in someone she trusts ear. She always sounds very intelligent, but pulls off the broken frality of the games. Fern is very determined- trying to tear her away from something she believes in will earn you a slap in the face. When it get's down to it, Fern is a rather guarded person- if you know her, you know the reasons. Under all the barbs and thorns is a kind person with this burning loyalty that got her through her own personal games.

Abilities: (I'll be brief on these, knowing she's not a current contender.) Fern is immune to poison- or at least the good majority of them. Fern often smuggled gamemaker plans and figured out how to make the poisons. She fed the poisons to herself until she built up her immunity to them. (This is the reason for rash and sores in appearance.) Even if a poison she hasn't warned her body aganist crossed her, it's familiar aspects would vanish on contact. So yes, it would take her a while to die from any poison. Amazing with a knife.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: She is good with any kind of strategic combat- close combat in particularly. Great when in comes to diguise- you'd have to be, with a past like Fern's. Terrible with a bow-and-arrow, doesn't trust very easily. Sometimes hard to get along with, because she thinks she knows best.

Background Story: Once the Hunger Games were announced, her Mother grew paranoid. She made Fern and her older brother (Never a contender of the games) steal plans from any officials who came into the District and practice them on themselves. When Sixteen year-old Fern Abilene (Ironically enough, she turned Seventeen the day she won) was picked for the Hunger Games, she knew she was ready- but somehow, that didn't stop the fear.
When her games came down to her and her ally, her new friend killed herself so Fern could win. Fern has never forgiven herself. She didn't even want to Mentor, but the former Mentor used his own Wedding as an excuse to get her to go.

Up for Love: Haha, sure.

Other:
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:31 am
PixieStix says...

Name: Stella Vans

District: 1

Which one? Tribute or Mentor: Tribute

Appearance/ Picture: She Is drop dead Beautiful. She has amazing Hazel eyes and is 5'3. She is very curvy and has wavy brown hair with Blonde highlights.

http://mobini.pl/upload/files/129/525/9 ... gens_j.jpg

Personality: She's very open and Hates to be negitive, She's probrably the most positive person You'll ever meet. She hates to be left out and loves people. She's never shy.

Abilities: She LOVES fighting, she thinks everything depends on it and thats why her parents made her join. She Has the Ability to destract any boy apponent because of her beauty.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: He weakness is if someone she loves gets hurt she will probrably have a meltdown. But Her strengths are fighting and beauty.

Background story: She was a straight A student and messed up when she was 11. She moved out of the house at thirteen but her parents thought it was a good idea to join the hunger Games for her family wealth.

Up for Love: Yes.

(Only if Tribute) Tribute's Symbol: She has a tattoo on her rist that looks like so:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3gq8wBE2Fok/S ... -wrist.jpg

Other: She cares for almost anyone.

Am I in?! :D
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:54 am
SkyeDragon says...

Is there a date for when this SB will start?

P.S.(Can I call you Legolas? :D)
Every great writer was once an amateur.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 am
Dragonette says...

Um...two people just posted a girl for district 1.

And sunshine, you can't be in the hunger games if you're older then 18 ;) And I'm also pretty sure you can't be in it twice (that was just a special deal w/ katniss)
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

125 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 am
PixieStix says...

(the person that already posted for district one is a mentor so that doesnt count... Right? :( )

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 am
Dragonette says...

Oh. Wow. *feels stupid* Don't mind me!
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

125 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 am
PixieStix says...

Its okay, I just got confused for a sec :) and for the district thing its alright because shes a mentor... I think. :P )

14 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am
SirTobes says...

Where's the dt for this sorry?
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

125 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm
PixieStix says...

In Story book decussion :)

14 Reviews

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm
SirTobes says...

Crap, just started a new SB project, before realizing I has this one on. Oh well, I guess I got a lot of work to do!
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 am
ShootingStars says...

We will be starting after I post the beginning. The first part will be the chariot rides.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 am
ToBeMe says...

Name: Zenna Kamironn

District Number: District 3

Which one? Tribute or Mentor: Tribute

Appearance/ Picture: Zenna is of average height,with green eyes and pixie styled short brown hair. Her skin is a golden hue and her nails are short from being chewed. (Her life-long nervous habit)

Personality: Zenna is seemingly shy and reserved around people she doesn’t know very well, and bubbly and hyper around those she does.
She doesn’t trust people she doesn’t know easily, but if she does trust somebody she will trust them with her life. She is good at hiding her emotions from others and is secretly still suffering from the loss of her brother, who died in the arena two years before.

Abilities: she is fast on her feet, a quick thinker, great at knife-throwing, okay with a bow, skilled at hiding and just as good as tracking, also is amazing at setting up wires and using just about any type of technology.
Also she is good at setting snares which she learned from her brother before he entered the arena.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Her abilities (above), capabilities to work with others when needed and intuition are her strengths. Her main weakness is that she is horribly afraid of confined areas, and suffers from claustrophobia.

Background Story: (optional) Grew up in a loving family who only ever wanted the best for her.
But the best is kind of the opposite of what she got.
Her fathers were killed by the peacekeepers when she was eight and her brother killed in the hunger games when she was 14.
She never really got over it.
Things only kept getting worse.

Up for Love: sure, why not? If love is possible in the Hunger Games.

(Only if Tribute) Tribute's Symbol: A silver ring, shaped liked vines with a violet stone in the centre.

Other: nope, not that I can think of.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm
ShootingStars says...

Part 1: The Chariots Posting for this part will be done on Feb. 26th

Reed Willimon, District 11 Female:
Reed had watched the chariot rides before on T.V. at home and knew how they worked. Each tribute from the districts would wear an outfit made by their designer, all having to do with their district specialty. Then the teenagers would glide around the crowd-filled streets in the Capitol, the cameras rolling every second, as they were pulled along in chariots drawn by teams of horses.
Each chariot was lined up and waiting behind the gates leading out into the road, categorized by district number. 1 was at the front, with 12 bringing up the rear. Designers, mentors, and prep teams shuffled about the first floor of the Remake Center, adjusting their assigned tributes' clothing and positions on the metal floor of the vehicles. Forvexio, Reed's tall male designer, leaned into the chariot and smoothed out the small wrinkles near the bottom of the girl's apple red colored dress. He also tucked a few of Reed's curls behind her ears, before fixing the beautiful French braid that wrapped around the back of her head. As the man finished with Reed, the female designer went through the same routine with Edur, the boy tribute from District 11.
Forvexio smiled and backed away, getting a good side view of Reed in her knee-length, billowy dress as she stood straight and confident. The girl looked down at her brown, leather gladiator-style sandals on her feet before bringing her gaze back up to the horses in front of her.
"The District 11 tributes look wonderful this year!" Forvexio stated in the silly Capitol accent, a little too loudly.
Everyone in the Remake Center lower floor looked over at Reed and Edur at the designer's remark. Reed blushed, her blue eyes twinkling with anxiousness as she met the dirty stare of the girl from District 2. Reed's hands flew up to her woven apple necklace, her token for the Games, out of habit. She swallowed with difficulty, nervousness engulfing her as she anticipated the crowd awaiting the tributes on the other side of the large doors ahead.
Suddenly, opening music blared from outside, leaking into the Remake Center, announcing the beginning of the famous chariot ride. The gates slowly slid open, revealing the Capitol's street looming ahead with a massive crowd lining the sides. Forvexio nodded in approval to Reed, and she glanced at Edur beside her. The designer reminded them, "Be sure to not rub off your facial decorations!"
Reed touched the small emerald gemstones glued on her cheek that formed the shape of a tree.
"Smile! Don't fall! Hold your heads high!" Forvexio and the female District 11 designer said, moving away from the shimmering chariot.
Prep teams shouted last minute encouragements over the roaring of the Capitol people screaming with delight outside of the center. Everyone took in a deep breath as the silver District 1 horses began to pull their tributes forward, followed by 2, 3, 4, 5.
Reed blinked and prepared herself. "Are you ready?" she whispered to Edur.
He grunted and responded quietly, "This is terrible."
She giggled softly and replied, "I can honestly say that I've never had a fake gem tree plastered to my face." She looked over at the boy to see if he was grinning, so when the carriage lurched forward she wasn't ready for the movement. She stumbled and almost toppled over, but Edur caught her quickly before resuming his position staring at the cameras. Reed's heart leapt, then realized that thankfully the video cameras weren't on District 11 yet as they rolled out of the Remake Center.
She felt a second wave of nervousness wash over her as she looked up at the giant screen above the road, and saw herself gazing back. She almost gasped at how gorgeous the designers had made her in the dress.
Reed trained her eyes forward, the horses cantering along the road. She stole a glance upward and saw soundless fireworks shooting into the darkening sky, blasting streaks of colors across it. The people filling the sidewalks chanted and cheered, while Reed wondered how they could think that sending kids to their death was a fun and exciting thing. She pushed the thought away and flashed an award-winning smile to the Capitol men and women, before blowing a kiss. She figured she should give them what they want, as sick as it sounded.
These people before her were a way she could survive in the Hunger Games, and Reed was told by her mentor, Kurr, to get sponsors.
Insanity, she thought, still grinning. The metal floor groaned as they rode behind District 10, almost in agreement.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:07 am
hungergameslover says...

Hey girl sorry about my account. It kind of go deleted and it would not let me make another one. Ha-ha. Sorry I am so late, but you have not started yet, so I guess that is good. I would like to be the district 12 mentor please.

Name: Veronica Stribing
District: 12: D Mentor
Appearance: She has beautiful long, golden, wavy, blond hair and deep green eyes. She has a long scar on her right cheek (she got this in the hunger games). She is 5'4 and is kind of skinny. She has very full lips and a great, sweet smile.
Spoiler! :
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=golden+blonde+hair+green+eyes+scar&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbnid=jfFE7uwTdQxRAM:&imgrefurl=http://fanfiction.net/u/1805285/BeBe_says_hi&docid=v2Lx81jCeP5vrM&imgurl=http://www.short-hair-style.com/images/medium-blonde-hair-want-to-go-warm-brown-21282759.jpg&w=400&h=266&ei=7SRIT77dH8nYgQeIyLXsDQ&zoom=1

Personality: She is a very well spoken woman. She does not rely on anyone to take care of her. Veronica does whatever it takes for her family and herself to be happy. She often questions other people about their thoughts on life to get an understanding for her. She is helpful to others, but does not take any crap.

Abilities: Veronica is very strong and fast. She has a great throwing arm. Veronica can out smart people also. She can get a good reading on what people are feeling. She also is very good at forming plans. She is terrified of heights and is not good at hang to hand combat. She had trouble killing the other tributes in the hunger games.

Background: Veronica grew up in the seam. After her mom and dad died (from starvation) she made their house on what ever she could find. Veronica's name was in the reaping 34 times because she had to get food for her little brother and sister. Veronica was grateful for all the love her friends gave to her. She would steal anything she could to sale to get food for her family. When she was 16 her name was called at the reaping. Her brother and sister were left with a friend of her mom. She won the Hunger Games by waiting for all the others to kill themselves, staying near water and staying hidden at all times. She waited for till the feast was over to kill. She killed the last two tributes with a knife. She threw them and hit both in the heart with the knife. When she was out of the Hunger Games she was the only mentor there was. She hated to have to revisit the Capitol every year. She was not ready for any of this. She tries to help her tributes with this game but her emotions get in the way of the training. She is secretly plotting revenge for the Capitol. She wants to find a way to shut them down. But how?
Up to love: She feels she needs not one. She does not want to lose them like she lost her parents. She knows she is going mad, but is not open to that fact.

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am
hungergameslover says...

Oh and Veronica won the 11th Hunger games at 17. Sorry I forgot

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore