SkyeDragon says...

Dang it, I didn't see it...:(
Every great writer was once an amateur.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 pm
Sunshine says...

Mentor spot, District One.
May I ask how you're going to determine the winner? Because this could go crazy slow if you aren't careful.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm
Dragonette says...

Ok, here's my guy's profile :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Khan
District Number: 7, lumber
Tribute
Appearance/ Picture: Largely built, rough, calloused hands, tan, dirty blond hair, obvious biceps, determined face.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Khan is really quiet, he rarely talks, at all. He's a determined, hard working guy and always gets done what he sets out to do, sometimes even more then was planned. He never went to school and so isn't very smart, but he's definitely not stupid either.
Abilities: Just his large, tough appearance attracts attention for the sponsors, but he's also got a determined attitude and a good background story to tell the reporters, so in sponsors terms, he's pretty much covered ;)
Strengths/ Weaknesses: This guy can hack down a tree like nobody's business. He holds the record for being the fastest in chopping down trees. He also knows the woods pretty well, so that's an advantage.
So you got this big tough guy who's mega strong and isn't afraid of anything, what's his weakness? He's a big softy. The guy has a kind heart and wouldn't hurt a fly, how can he bring himself to kill a kid? His plan is to survive to the best of his ability and wait for everybody to kill each other.
Background Story: He comes from a hard working family and is the youngest of three boys. His eldest brother is grown and has a family of his own. But the middle brother died in the hunger games just three years ago. Khan is wants to win for his older brother.
Up for Love: Probably not, but if he does fall in love he will protect her with everything.
Tribute's Symbol: A bracelet made out of petrified wood. It's also the symbol that his brother wore into the arena when he was in the games.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, just a suggestion, I think we should start this SB off when everyone first arrives at the capitol. It would be a lot of fun to have the designers dress up our characters and we can do the interview with Caesar and train in the training arena. That way we can let our character's personalities evolve, and make alliances and stuff. Instead of just throwing our characters in the middle of a blood bath. What do you guys think?
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:07 pm
VampireSenshi says...

I think that sounds like an excellent idea...
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm
Justagirl says...

Sunshine wrote:May I ask how you're going to determine the winner? Because this could go crazy slow if you aren't careful.
I was wondering the same thing.
Maybe, Star, you could use a random thing picker and have it pick who shall win, and then whoever is not the winner, send them a PM (and individually, so they don't know who else will not be winning) saying, "sorry, your character will not be winning the 13th Hunger Games."
PM if you'd like more of the details on this.

Dragonette wrote:So, just a suggestion, I think we should start this SB off when everyone first arrives at the capitol. It would be a lot of fun to have the designers dress up our characters and we can do the interview with Caesar and train in the training arena. That way we can let our character's personalities evolve, and make alliances and stuff. Instead of just throwing our characters in the middle of a blood bath. What do you guys think?
Sounds good, but I've seen SBs get stuck very quickly in the early stages, so as long as we don't take too long in The Capitol, and get moving into the Games pretty quickly we should be fine, I think.

Also, Star, how will we know what kind of terrain this Games will have? Will you send out a mass PM to us all once the SB has started? Or once we've finished training and are rising into the arena?

If you ever need any help running this SB, PM me, I've got a few pretty good ideas about how to keep it going smoothly ;)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Ooh I hope I win the random thing picker!!! :3
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm
SkyeDragon says...

I agree.

So, just a suggestion, I think we should start this SB off when everyone first arrives at the capitol. It would be a lot of fun to have the designers dress up our characters and we can do the interview with Caesar and train in the training arena. That way we can let our character's personalities evolve, and make alliances and stuff. Instead of just throwing our characters in the middle of a blood bath. What do you guys think?

I want to WIN!
Every great writer was once an amateur.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 am
sunwater says...

update please so we know what is taken.

Name: Alen Hayward
District Number: 8
Which one: Tribute
Appearance: he is a 5' 7" and has a light tan his hair is black as night and has dark brown eyes he is not very strong.
Personality: well he is open and is a fun guy to be a round he can make anyone smile or laugh.
Abilities: He is good at mending things like cloths and many other things he can has hands on. He is all so good with plants because his mother uses them for her medicine she hands out to people that cant pay for the expansive stuff from district 5.
Strengths/ Weaknesses: He knows about plants and is very fast and quiet when running or walking he is very good at reading people as well and good scenes.He is not strong and may be to friendly could be his downfall or his secret plan. He is not good with traps.
Up for Love: 100% yes
Tribute's Symbol: A anklet with silver swan
Last edited by sunwater on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 pm
ShootingStars says...

I am very sorry, everyone! I wasn't able to get on YWS this weekend, so therefore I couldn't update you about the SB. I was thinking of doing the random picking, but I'll have to get caught up after school. I feel so terrible! I'm sorry! Soon we'll be starting this Sb.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 pm
Jaden G. says...

I like the random picker idea. It sounds fair. I know you're very busy with school so this doesn't have to be a priority just yet, but is there a DT forum where these questions and plot bunnies can be discussed better? That way it won't interupt the game.

Agreed to starting in the capital but it would have to be quick or we'll never get to the juicy stuff.

~JG

Also:
Name: Illija
District 10
Mentor
Appearance: Like this picture except with a beard and a lot more scars.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Stoic, grumpy, and hard but secretly understanding. He appears to be rough and removed so he won't draw too much attention, but he really wants his tributes to survive.
Abilities: Seeing as he's a mentor, his abilities don't really matter... but he is very good at getting places without being noticed.
Background Story: Loved and lost. Before the Dark Days he had a family, now they're gone because of the government and he has never forgotten that. More will be revealed throughout the story.
Up for Love: No
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:11 pm
Allie says...

District 9 girl? Can I take the spot?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

30 Reviews

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Dragonette says...

*Realises that my characters are extremely similar to Glimmer and Thresh* WHAT A FAIL! D: *dies of embaressment*

Also
Sunshine wrote:May I ask how you're going to determine the winner? Because this could go crazy slow if you aren't careful.

We could do the pick-a-number-between-one-and-thirty thing.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 am
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far! I feel really stupid because I forgot to post my character profiles when I started this... so here they are!
----------------------------------------------------
Name: Jade Willimon (More commonly known as "Reed")
District Number: 11
Which one? Tribute or Mentor: Tribute
Appearance/ Picture: Reed is black, like most everyone else from District 11, and inherits her dark, curly hair and gorgeous blue eyes from her father. She is fairly tall for her age with long legs, but she still is small in size, she's fairly muscular, and has a charming way about her. Reed is not drop-dead beautiful, but is very cute, drawing in a few sponsors. Her hands are rough and quick from years of being at the Harvest and her arms and legs are built for running and climbing trees, from experience in the orchards. Her facial expression is always alert yet remains pretty, almost like a deer ready to sprint.
Personality: Typically, Reed is fairly outgoing, cheerful, and warm, unless you do something she finds scary or insulting. She knows when to back off to avoid annoying people, but others find that she is very sweet and charming. Reed is compassionate and understanding towards friends, and has a tender heart. However, she also has an extremely competitive side, but is good at hiding it to come across as weak. This girl is strong willed and tries her hardest to never give up, even when situations seem hopeless. Reed is uplifting and can find the best in people.
In difficult survival situations, she tends to rely more on reflexes than on thinking the entire scenario out.
Abilities: From years of playing in the yard with heavy, sword shaped branches, Reed has become frighteningly good with two swords in her hand. It doesn't matter what any swords look like or what they feel like, she can immediately pick them up swing them expertly. Another weapon she is a natural with are knives. Her aim hits its mark almost every time with speed and accuracy.
From years of running, climbing trees, and working almost all day, she can use these traits to survive. She can dash away quickly and climb swiftly with minimal sound, which can be an advantage when sneaking up on people. Reed is accustomed to most plant-life and is good with animals, so she can also set basic traps and snares.
Strengths: Her flexibility, head strength, friendship skills, running, endurance, swordplay, charm, agility, beautiful singing voice, and plant and animal knowledge can come in handy.
Weaknesses: She has total fear of snakes and spiders, stinks at throwing javelins and spears, cries easily, reacts more on reflexes, can come up with strategic plans but not on the spot, and gets emotionally attached to friends. Her size isn't very intimidating, but when you see her with two swords in hand you will be.
Background Story: She grew up in a middle-class home with a mother and father, two younger sisters, and one younger brother. As the oldest of her siblings, many responsibilities fell on her shoulders. When she was eligible to sign up for tesserae and work at the Harvest, she did it. Family and friends always came first. Before she was taken to the Capitol, Reed promised her family she would live through the Games and never once give up for them. Her confidence wavered near her arrival in the Hunger Games, but she keeps her family close to her heart, remembering the promise.
Up for Love: Possibly, if the boy truly loves her and she likes him back.
(Only if Tribute) Tribute's Symbol: Her iconic necklace her best friend made for her to bring to the Games. It's a necklace held by a rope and reed string, with a small apple and twig 3D charm created with grasses from the low-country.
Other: Outwardly she seems cute yet confident, but inwardly she feels frightened and is scared of dying.
---------------------------------------------------
Name: He's simply known as "Kurr"
District Number: 11
Which one? Mentor
Appearance: Kurr is black, tall and super muscular with an intimidating look about him. His brown eyes are kind, however, and he's very handsome. He has a clean face and a shaved head.
Personality: He is well-spoken and confident in himself, and at times can be slightly cocky. He is head-strong and can think well under pressure, and cares for the tributes that come after him.
Other: Kurr will try as hard as he can to help keep his district's tributes alive.

I'll PM people updates tonight or tomorrow about this SB. I've begun the discussion thread so it should be ready shortly. Thanks!
---Shooting Stars
Last edited by ShootingStars on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 am
sunwater says...

are there rules on what the mentors can give the Tribute like i don't think the mentor can give the tribute weapons but like food or anything like that would be good.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 am
Angelreader77 says...

I'd like to be a mentor but what will they be like? Like are there restrictions to what they can do?
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain