166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

"Aren't we forgetting something, guys?"

"Oh yeah," said Charlie. "We're meant to be running!"

He looked back to the others -- most of them were still in The Vault. Incognito seemed unwilling to leave after all those months of incarceration but with a YWSer grabbing each of her limbs they were slowly and surely prising her free. The mods were there too, searching for a hidden chamber by the looks of it. Lumi had brought his new friend: a puppy that appeared to know karate.

"Oh that's no PUN at all," Charlie muttered under his breath.

The zombies were back.

"We're so huuuuuungry!"

"I'll even review poetry for some food!!!"

"Anything -- even a chapter halfway through your novel..."

Charlie thought about it for a moment. That actually didn't sound like such a bad thing.

"Looks like the WRFF zombies are here," shouted Dreamwalker.

"Fall back to The Vault," Kitty15 ordered. "Kyll -- we need another review on those zombies."

To give Kyll credit, it was a good attempt. With YWSers running by, and the zombie horde shuffling forwards, Kyllorac didn't even blink as he/she stood against the tide and talked about characterisation and themes and pacing. These general comments should have scored great area-of-effect damage on the zombies, but for some reason it wasn't working.

"What's going on?"

"It's like they're resistant to reviews..."

"Kyll, get inside!"

Charlie couldn't bear to watch what happened next.
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

kyllorac got inside the vault just in time for the others to pull the big, heavy doors closed tight, crushing some zombie fingers in the process. Inside the vault it was dark.

It was so dark that when Lumi reached out to take Kitty's hand, unbeknown to him, he found a zombie's instead.

"Alright, we need to do a roll call, is everyone here?"

"Here," said Charlie.

"Heeeeeerrrreee!" shrieked Pigeon who was at least eighty percent zombie by now.

"Here," said Lumi.

"Well I'm totally here," gushed the zombie. "I mean, where else would I be? It would be so hard to review you if I was outside!"

This was not good. There was a quiet fizzle as someone struck a match and held it up to shed light on the scene.

"Incognito," Kitty said. "I'm going to need you to touch that zombie. Very, very slowly. And uh... you might want to let go of its hand, Lumi."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi's eyes went wide. And by wide, I mean O.O wide.

Slowly, he uncurled his fingers from the Zombie's hand, cringing as one of her nails scratched his palm. He scurried into the corner of the vault, falling to his tail and pulling his knees to his chest with a squeak.

Incognito slowly reached through the match's incandescence and tapped the zombie on the nose.

The zombie shook, shivered, and shimmied as its body began to bloat. It kept giving out lots and lots of AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAs as it quaked, and before long, it launched--in flames--through the roof of the vault, out of the bank, and out towards the forgotten lands of Old YWS.

Everyone in the room except for Lumi let out an in-unison Oooooh Aaaaah as they realized what Incognito was capable of. Kitty looked at Lumi, who was shaking in the corner.

"...Lumibear? You okay?"

"Of all things haunting,
the moonlight is the greatest;
I am a zombie."

And then there was a municipal gasp.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 pm
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

"Oh dear lord."

"Of all things to go wrong," Flux shook her head back and forth. "And now he's all poetic, too. Do you know how irritating that's going to get?"

The group nodded in unison.

"My time is through,
oh temptress, cold
that sets the soul aflutter --"

"I got this guys," Incognito said, hand outstretched, ready to exterminate yet another zombie.

"Cogsworth!" Dreamwalker cut in before the moment of blood and gore could arise. "You do realize you'll blow him up, right?"

"Yeah?"

"I see no problem," Kitty murmured, flipping through her papers once again. "Carry on."

"No, no that is not a good idea," she retorted. "Coggers, lets be reasonable."

"What if I poke him with the other hand?" she asked, shrugging. "Maybe it'll reverse the process, or something."

"You're really willing to test that?" Rosey asked. Her match was slowly going out, yet the magical unicorn powers kept it from completely extinguishing.

"If it doesn't work then at least we won't have a zombie on our hands," she shrugged. "Sounds like a viable option."

"To death, I'll go
You shall not suffer
for me-"

"I really can, you know," Incognito said. "Really."

"We could always tie him up like Hannibal Lector," Charlie added. "You know, walk him around like a dog."

"Wow, guys," Dreamwalker muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Just wow."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:00 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Despite Dreamwalker's annoyed objections, that's actually exactly what they did. After digging around in Resources long enough, Rosey found a collar to fit Lumi's neck. It didn't help that he made pitiful puppy noises as they did so.

After binding up his hands behind his back, the 'leash' was given to Charlie.

"You really expect me to hold him back if he decides to go on a rampage?!"

The emphasis in his words swung around and hit Kyllorac in the back of its neck.

"Match." Rosey muttered.

"Well, you seem quite capable of handling any bad poetry he may spew out."

"Burning."

"And you're a man." Again, the words swung into Kyllorac's neck.

"Fingers."

"I think, at least." Kitty looked up and down at Charlie. "You're awfully small."

Lumi turned, giving puppy dog eyes to Charlie.

"Must not a man be measured
by the degree of his heart's flame,
and not by the broadness of his shoulders?
So cold is the flame of the world,
and how broad her shoulders..."

Charlie grimaced. "Fine. I'll handle him."

Rosey dropped the match, all light being extinguished in the chamber. Everyone turned in one way or another, intentionally glaring at Rosey, though no one could really tell due to the lack of light, which was her fault in the first place, so all glares should have gone to Rosey--noted and acknowledged.

Flux shuffled back and forth. "So if we're in a Vault that opens only from the outside," she mused.

"...then the only way out..."

"Is clearly through a forum shift," Kitty completed and nodded. "Stand back, boys and girls."

Everyone stood back.

"Not litera--nevermind." Kitty took out a big red mod button. "TO THE MOUNTAIN OF DRAMATIC POETRY!"
-Shinji Moon

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 am
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Charlie felt that feeling of rearrangement as the forum shift redrafted him to Dramatic Poetry. He held tight to Lumi's leash and seconds later he felt them re-materialise. Fortunately Lumi remained bound.

Only Dramatic Poetry would have such a cinematic setting. The mountain was a brooding grey, flecked with heather and pine trees, and they stood on the single wide track that led to the top. Charlie remembered, as impressive as the surroundings were, that the real wonders were stored inside the mountain -- caverns filled with rhythm and rhymes. A dragon guard wouldn't have looked out of place there.

The barricade, however, was new.

"What's that doing there?"

"It's like a road block."

"Actually," said Charlie, "it's a WRITER'S BLOCK."

The barricade appeared to be made from blank pages, all papier-mâché-d together to form a checkpoint in the middle of the road. The only pages that did have writing on were covered in frustrated scribbles and the beginnings of writing exercises.

"I wondered where the 'Worst Possible Opening Line' thread had got to," neighed Rosey.

"I'm not sure," said Incognito. "It looks like whoever wrote these was being serious..."

Following Kitty15's lead they advanced towards the barricade, Charlie being pulled along by an eager Lumi. No-one was there to greet them, but the YWSers couldn't help but feel they weren't alone. Dreamwalker was the first to notice the message.

"Ok, now I'm getting creeped out."

They all stared at the blood red letters written on the other side of the barricade: none shall survive.

"Now that," said Charlie, "is what I call a DEATH SENTENCE."

The PSG fired in its holster. Lumi yelped.
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:17 am
View Likes
Hecatia10 says...

Somewhere else in YWS...

Hecatia could (figuratively) have slapped herself for choosing to turn left towards Poetry rather than right towards Short Stories & Novels. Diving to the side as another zombie leapt towards her, and again as some stray comma's fell from the sky, she couldn't help but think that the short story section might've been a little more Zombie free. Then again, with the amount of Mean Girls references pilling up over its entrance, maybe Short Stories & Novels wouldn't have been much better.

She had chosen Poetry because she had decided that there was a good chance that the group she was looking for would be there.
Of course, she really had no idea where Pigeon and the other YWSers were, but Hecatia had always found that pretending she knew where she was going was much more satisfying than wondering aimlessly around in circles.

Swinging her sword around in what she hoped were impressive-looking and effective slashes, Hecatia noticed another split in the road up ahead. On one side, the mountain of Dramatic Poetry loomed, well, dramatically, over the horizon with a sublime sense of spectacular oozing from every tree. On the other side, the melodic meadows of Lyric Poetry sweetly sung themselves an enchanting aura of harmony.

If she was lucky, she thought, she might be able to reach one. But she would have to decide which path to take.
Oh, and she would have to do something about the surrounding zombie horde too...
Last edited by Hecatia10 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:58 am
View Likes
Kale says...

"HIYAAAAAAAAAH!" came the exaggerated war-cry, hearkening to decades of pop-cultural osmosis of action flicks starring Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris.

"HOWAAAAAAAAAH~HA!" came the parodied cry of the praying-mantis style from just over the Writer's Block, which rustled ominously in the wind unleashed by the amateur attack.

"UWAAAAAAAAAH!!!" came the panicked scream of a teenage writer being pursued by a horde of ravening zombies, both parties which happened to be heading directly for the party Kyllorac currently was part of.

"That's a rather impressive hoard you've got there," Charlie called out as the hapless writer fled past, gravitating to Pigeon like a bowling ball dropped off a tall building gravitates to the ground below. His PSG, which he'd had the rare foresight to aim at the rapidly advancing horde of enemies for once, fired away and neatly incinerated the first ten ranks of zombie.

"Incog! Use your power!"

"You are our only hope!"

"Nooo!" wailed the living weapon. "I'm too hungry to explode zombies. Really, it's a miracle I can even stand right now. I haven't eaten anything in half a year, you know."

Dreamwalker, not taking "No" for an answer, pushed her sister forward until the Hand of Doom came in contact with a zombie forerunner. There was a slight pop, a brief fizzle, and then the zombie fell back onto its butt. It gave one long, slow blink, shook its head, got up, and promptly spouted a poem of such uncouth, sensibility-offending proportions that the recording of such in text would destroy the minds of all who read it.

Everyone in the group, with the exception of the latest addition and zombified Lumi, spared from mind-destruction only through hearing rather than reading the poem, would have paused to stare in abject horror, except the ravening horde of Lyrical zombies were fast advancing, and running was a far more sensible (and time-efficient) option.

So everybody ran, with everyone shouting "Stick together!" and "Follow me!", which resulted in the completely unsurprising (but no less inconvenient) separation of the group into small, sometimes individual splinters.

Which is how Kyllorac wound up at the pinnacle of the Dramatic Poetry mountain, beating off persistently climbing zombies with a twig even as Kyllorac tried to reach the safety of the Featured Works on a rather rickety ladder built of Likes.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:30 am
View Likes
Hecatia10 says...

Hecatia sighed melodramatically. She’d only just found the group she was looking for and now they had all split up. Luckily for her, all the zombies seemed to have followed the person who ran up the mountain and the guy with the zombie on a leash.

Hecatia climbed up a nearby tree to get a better view, but was unable to find any of the group. She thought she could see movement far away at the pinnacle of the Mountain of Dramatic Poetry, possibly someone attempting to make their way to Featured Works, but couldn't tell for sure. Perhaps, she thought, she should go and find out.
Then she realised that it might be better to climb back to ground level and look for someone close by.
So instead she opted to hang upside-down from the lower tree branches while she took the time to make up her mind.
A few seconds later Pigeon walked around the corner and looked with surprise at her upside-down friend hanging from the tree.

~It should be noted that this surprise was not because of her friends rotation and height above her, but instead because of that fact that she had found her in the first place.
Pigeon looked up at the narrator; “Well that’s kind of obvious isn’t it? I expect Hecatia to be hanging upside down from things when I see her. I’m surprised when she’s not!” The narrator scowled at the interruption, ‘Just get on with it’
FINE, but you should be more up for a bit of postmodernism...”~

“I can’t believe found you!” Pigeon smiled.
Hecatia swung down from the tree. “You too. Do you know if any of the others are around?”
“No”
“Nevermind. I had an idea, do you remember the stories about the legendary YWS ship?”
“Vaguely.”
“I don’t know much either but it was said to be have been built in case of zombie apocalypses”
“Was it really that specific?”
"Well no, it just said in case of emergency, but this Zombie apocalypse definitely counts as an emergency”
“That sounds good. Where did the legend say the ship was?”
"It didn’t. We need to find someone who might know where it could be. A moderator or....”

It was then that Kitty conveniently stumbled into view.
"The reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:18 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Kitty felt bad about what had happened to Lumi, but she wasn't sure that letting Charlie keep him as a pet was a good idea. They already had one almost zombie walking about and as if that wasn't dangerous enough, they now had a half mod, half zombie, half living poetry thing. And she had plenty of time to think about this since the group had unfortunately been spliced.

A zombie popped up in front of her and Kitty absently prodded him away with the end of a long pole. She wasn't sure where she'd found it, but figured the kind narrator had decided she needed a weapon of sorts. Really though, the weapon she wanted to find had legs and could talk and was probably wandering around with DreamWalker somewhere. And it was hungry, which was not a good thing. Weapons should certainly not be allowed to be hungry. Not this one. Not when it had a super, special secret function which might just be triggered by lack of data which might in terms of the living be interpreted as... hungry. Yep, her next goal was to find that weapon and find something to feed it with.

What she found instead was the zombie. Or to be more precise, the almost zombie Pigeon and a member she didn't recognise.

"Careful! You don't want to touch the pigeon, it's infected," Kitty called out as she made her way over.

"A mod! Look Hecatia, a mod!"
"We can ask about the ship."
"OMG! That's such a great idea; maybe she'll know where it is!"
"Yes, that would be convenient. Wait... did you just say OMG?"
"Uh-"

Kitty wasn't sure if the unfamiliar member was any less crazy than Pigeon but at least she didn't seem to be zombified. "What's this about a ship?"

"Hecatia just reminded me about the legendary YWS ship, but we couldn't remember-"

"Of course! The ship. Good work, guys!" Maybe half zombies were useful to have around afterall and they might even find a cure at the end of all of this. Kitty hardly dared to hope but if there was something that could save her Lumi, it would be on the legendary YWS ship.

"Does this mean you know where it is?"

"Yes, but we're going to need everyone to get there. We need to re-group."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Spoiler! :
Honestly, you guys. Writing poor old Stella in and then ditching her! Shame on you!

Okay, the Zombies were gone. Now to get to the more familiar realm of Fantasy.

Fantasy looked pretty much deserted, which was a sad sight at best. Normally, it was perfectly natural to see a dragon swooping by, or a centaur meandering through your best daffodils. Now, it was literally a ghost town. nobody but several grumbling ghosts drifting about, one of which asked me the way to Horror, and one very dejected zombie in a purple ballgown.

"Stella?"
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm
View Likes
Incognito says...

"Dude, you think I would be able to eat a zombie?" Incognito asked, staring at the mound of zombie goo in front of her. "Like if you think about it, my insides would like make the goo into more goo and like, well, not kill me."

"I wouldn't try it," Walker said, poking the smoking pile with a large stick.

"I bet it tastes like pudding."

"I really don't think it does."

"I bet Lumi would taste the best because he is all fresh and stuff," Incognito turned and looked around them, clutching her growling stomach.

"We can't kill Lumi, nor can we eat him. Think about all the good things he has done. We can't lose hope in him," Dreamwalker stated, hand to her chest, tears in her eyes as if making an inspirational speech. Incognito just shook her head at the unfortunate cliche the writer had fallen into.

"Well, I'm hungry. And I can't save the world on an empty stomach," Incognito grumbled the words as she kicked the zombie guts and started to walk through the pine woods looking for everyone else in vain. Of all the people, she had to be stuck with Dreamwalker, the self-righteous and "I dunno bout this" type. Casually, Incognito pulled a large strip of bark from a passing tree.

"OH WOE, YOUR FEARSOME ATTACKS
AGAINST THY NATURE PUNISH
ME AND FEEL LIKE NEEDLES
AND PAIN AND CAUSES ME TO
WISH TO END THY LIFE!"

"The trees talk here?" Incognito scoffed.

"I guess you haven't been to the Dramatic Poetry forums in a while. The excess amounts of anguish and depression had soaked into the water supply, causing the trees to become tainted and well, do that. We have been doing a full-hearted effort to clean things up a bit and extinguish the excess amount of teenage angst."

As Dreamwalk explained this, Incognito stuffed the bark into her mouth, swallowing it whole. It wasn't too bad. It had a little aftertaste though of grief and mourning. Casually, Incognito pulled another piece off, causing another horrendous rebuke from the tree, then continued content with her snack.

It was then that Dreamwalker and Incognito stumbled upon the two companions and the Mod.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

"Ohmigosh, hi," Stella said, pouncing on Skorp. "You're a YWSer aren't you- yes you are- I used to storybook with you before---" and then she remembered she was like, a zombie, and became sad, very very sad.

Skorpionne took several steps back, clearly horrified of being infected.

Well, why not? Stella was clearly no longer loved by the good people of YWS. Her boys (or girl? Kyll-thing?) had taken one look at her and blasted her off like Team Rocket. She was not Team Rocket. She hadn't like, harmed anyone. It just wasn't fair.

"S-stay away," Skorp said, raising her PSG.

Stella snorted. "I'm immune to puns. I've been around them far too long. I used to be one of you," she said sadly. "I had everything going for me! I used to be captain of the Seamstress Corps, a SPEW commando, a-a-a..." she let a sob escape. "I used to be green!"

Skorp clearly didn't want to comment on the fact that Stella's skin had, at this stage, taken on a green tinge.

So, Stella had two choices. Revenge, or reconciliation.

Revenge. Mm. She could gobble up all their short stories, spit them out in neatly headed and Roman-numeraled reviews with NO SMILIES. No mercy. She could rampage through their storybooks, god-modding, killing off characters, generally destroying careful plot points.

She could make YWS a living hell.

"MWAHAHAHAHA-oh."

Skorp had put the PSG down. "Please, don't hurt me. I'll- I'll- I'll do whatever you want!"

"Where are the others?" she hissed. "Lumi, Charlie and Kyllorac? I'm angry with them. I'm going to make them wear dresses and I'll curl their hair- I'll curl your hair too!"

"Nooooo," Skorp said, dropping to her knees. "They're in poetry. Please, just don't, just don't..." she broke down into tears.

Yeah, thought Stella. I can so rock this fearsome powerful woman thing.

"Come on then." She went to grab Skorp's arm but the younger YWSer clearly didn't want zombie-cooties.

"Can't you just teleport?"

"To poetry? As if I have abilities in there. It's practically uncharted territories. Is it as bad as this place?" she said, glancing at the half-baked kingdoms around them, magic dripping off of tree branches and wishing wells turning into fountains. "Have the metaphors run amok?"

"I haven't been yet."

"Well, then." Stella kicked off her heels and, since this was fantasy, conjured herself a new pair of hiking boots for under the dress. "Let's follow the yellow-brick road."
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

It began snowing when Charlie pulled back on Lumi's leash.

It snowed so hard, in fact, that it was as if a Pokemon had used Blizzard. And boy, was it super-effective. Lumi could feel his HP dropping swiftly, so he had to find something to eat--and fast. Charlie pulled back on the leash, jerking Lumi back onto his tail. He whimpered.

"Bad Lumi! I...think. What are you doing?!"

Lumi looked up at Charlie, making puppy-dog eyes.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If I am a zombie,
I'll probably eat you."

That's when Lumi snapped his teeth on the leash and, cutting it in half, ran off into the snow to find food before he fainted and could be swapped out for Charlie's next Pokemon--something like a Jigglypuff or something more adorable than Lumi.

And as Lumi ran around the mountaintop, the snow stopped.

He found a small patch of green grass where a patch of pink mushrooms had grown.

"Curious," quoth Lumi, "quite curious."

But he knelt and bit into one of the mushrooms--the smallest one of all--and felt his health instantly replenish.

Ah, it felt good to be refreshed.

Wait. Why was he thinking out of poetry?

Lumi's eyes grew wide as the sky suddenly turned a psychedelic pink-and-green flash. Lumi stood up, holding his hand over his heart, and suddenly understood what The Declaration of Independence was all about.

"br0," came a voice.

Lumi looked around the technicolor world, but saw nothing.

"br0," said the voice again. It was Australian.

Lumi looked down, and on his tongue was standing a very small mushroom man.

"Chibibo?" Lumi asked, his question slurred by the man in his mouth.

"y0," said chibibo.

Lumi spat him out. "You taste like Juicy Juice and Lemonade's lovechild.

"If I had a nickle for every time I've heard that," chibibo said, growing into the size of a normal person.

"How many nickles would you have?" Lumi asked.

"Enough to buy a Koala-back ride to Ayers rock, mate."

"You're so darn Australian."

"And your spit tastes like candlewax."

"I'm glad this has brought us together as friends."

"You're seeing everything in technicolor, aren't you...?"

"Absolutely."

"And those zombies chasing Charlie up the trail are going to eat me, aren't they...?"

"Absolutely."

"Oshi" quoth chibibo.
-Shinji Moon

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Scarlett had found nice, high rock to sit on. She was on a mountain in the Dramatic Poetry section, having fled to there from first her wall and then the Storybooks forum. It had been snowing and some of said snow was all caught up in hair. She shook head, dislodging the snow. It rained down around her she started humming to try and drown out the sound of the Zombies all crowded around the base. It was a buzz of way too many exclamation marks, misplaced commas and words with one too many letters in them.

Her hear jerked up when she heard talking. Normal talking. Finally! Someone had come along who wasn't Zombified. Peering over the edge of her rock, she tried looking for the not-Zombie people. They eluded her. She harrumphed and crossed her arms, giving the zombies a glare. Then she started kicking her legs and humming again. Louder, in the hopes that someone would finally notice her. She'd been stuck up on this rock for a long time. Then again, Scarlett rather liked her rock. The Zombie newbs couldn't reach her--yet.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead