z

Young Writers Society

Zombies!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:05 pm
Lumi says...

It finally happened. You joked about it. You laughed about it. You even reblogged it. But the Zombie Apocalypse has come at last, and it's no laughing matter...we think.

Well, technically, the zombies aren't all we thought they'd be. Since YWS Zombies are different than Normal Zombies, once Zombified, the YWSer's personality gets amplified into the most extreme! Harsh reviewers are the ones to be scared of! Or maybe a Chatter Zombie will glomp you to death! You never know...because it's the zombie apocalypse!

In order to save the human race, you must unite with your fellow YWSers and repel the zombies until help arrives in the form of a boat--The YWS Ship.

Rules!
-No swearing
-No compromising scenes
-No intense gore
-All SB and YWS rules apply!
-You must like every post, including YOUR OWN!

How To Enter!
-Just start posting.

No Profiles Required. You'll play as your YWS self! (i.e. I am Lumi, JabberHut is JabberHut, etc.)

Therefore! Whenever you feel ready to start, start!
Last edited by Lumi on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

We crouch down behind the handy rock, trusty .38 in hand, one eye peeled for the zombie menace. We had been expecting a zombie apocalypse, but We had never expected it to be so horrible, so terrible. These zombies are far worse than We could have ever possibly conceived.

These zombies are nice. And they like to glomp.

We peek around the boulder, see no one, creep out, hear squee.

Panic.
Last edited by Kale on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"Calm down!" Lumi snaps as he pulls Kyllorac down behind the rock. She turns and shoots him a glare, cocking the gun ominously. The wind blows, bringing the sound of giggles and critiques through the corn field.

"If those chatlings get a yard closer, We swear--"

"--you swear what?" Charlie chimes in, checking over his Pun Stun Gun, "They're chatlings! Lumi could haiku-fu one of them in half if he wanted to. Not to mention green powers..."

Lumi shakes his head and looks at both of them, unnerved. "First thing's first. We have to get out of this corn maze that we happened to fall into inconveniently."
Last edited by Lumi on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Shinji Moon

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:29 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

To be fair to the narrator, it was rather inconvenient.

"I hate corn," I mutter unhelpfully. "It's like 'long grass' -- gets right up my nose."

"At least it's not cotton field," Kyllorac chips in.

"Maybe if you weren't so short--"

"Hey," I reply. "That's not exactly something I can change now is it?"

Another gust of wind rustles through the field. It's tricky to tell whether the corn is shaking in the breeze or perhaps from the movements of unearthly bodies. I hold my Pun Stun Gun closer to my chest. The assonance is reassuring.

"This way," Lumi gestures and starts wading through the corn. "I think I hear voices."
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:41 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"You know what I'm suddenly craving?" Lumi asks, hands planked out as if ready to chop someone's neck in half.

"We hope you won't say brains," Kyllorac murmurs, crouching low.

"Actually," Lumi says, pulling down on a stalk of corn, "I want a candy cane." He steps over the stalk and pauses suddenly, eyes wide as he glances around. The sound of Charlie's PSG (because Lumi was too lazy to write out Pun Stun Gun) charging up hummed in his ears. "Do you hear...a girl?"

Charlie bends down and squints, peering through the stalks of corn. "Listen," he says, "it's a girl!"

"One for you, Varvue. Two for you, Demeter because you're awegreat. Glen Coco? Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!"

"...Stella?" Lumi whispers, and walks forward.

The girl hops up from where she's sitting, eyes wide with a Psyduck doll in her hand. "I'm just like you! I'm just. Like. You."
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

STELLA!

Omg, so right now in front of me there are three BOYS. Or possibly one's a girl. It's hard to tell. The one on the far right is pointing a Pun Stun Gun towards me in a way that is totally making me feel uncomfortable.

"Hello!" I say cheerfully hoping that my optimism will disarm their weapons. "Stella here!"

"We think it's a-"

"Don't say it, Kyllorac. Just. Don't. Say it," says the one on the left.

"Omg you guys I could SO do your hair for you!" I say, bending down to get a look under the rims of their helmets. "I have a ribbon that would match your eyes," I say to Kyllorac who looks vaguely, um, terrified. I don't know why. Everybody loves ribbons.

"We shoot it, write?" the one on the right asks, holding up the Pun Stun Gun again.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1220 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:02 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

We quickly stuff Our hair under Our helmet, safely out of reach. "We shoot it yes. Before it plays with Our hair." We go to do so.

"WAIT!" cries Lumi as he leaps on Our arm all dramatic-like.

"What?!" We cry out, indignantly, trying hard not to think about how close We came to shooting our favorite singing candelabra.

"Stella is a girl like you."

We raise an eyebrow.

"A guy like you?"

We raise the other eyebrow.

"Lumi," says Charlie, all sensible-like, "Stella isn't a guy."

Any further discussion on the topic is cut off by sudden explosions emanating from close by.

"What was that?" We ask as soon as Our hearing returns. We are answered by another explosion.

"One of Tenyo's word wars, I think," shouts Charlie once we can mostly hear again.

"Look out!" cries Lumi as a particularly large word bomb drops from the sky and hurtles towards us...

We hope it takes out the zombie.
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"Look out!" Lumi shouts before jerking Kyllorac and Charlie to the ground. The word bomb, an enormous, flaming fetch blasts into the ground, shooting Stella up, up, and away.

Charlie peers up at the foggy sky and watches her sparkle away towards Fiction Town. "That was...stellar!" A flash of light as his gun goes off, blasting a hole through a nearby boulder.

"Careful where you aim that thing," Kyllorac warns, "We do not want to have Our skin fried tonight."

"Guys," Lumi murmurs, watching the shaking dirt, "is the ground moving?"

"Awesome!" Charlie shouts.

"No, it's actually quite frighteni--"

"No!" he shouts, "AWESOME incoming!"

The trio ducks and dives for cover as a big corsiva AWESOME blazes through the corn rows behind them. The ground shakes before growing eerily still.

"ABANDON CHAT!" It's General Tenyo's voice over the noise, and she seems desperate. "SPAMMERS ZOMBIE INVASION!"

Lumi looks up with wide eyes as fire streaks the sky. "Oh God," he murmurs, and throws up his hands--as does Kyllorac.

"LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL"

"MUTE!"

"KICK!"

"KICK AGAIN!"

"WHACKAMOLE!"

Charlie blinks as Kyllorac and Lumi do incredibly weird things with their hands, shooting out lasers and lightning and all sorts of magical things.

Panting, Lumi falls to his backside, slapping a palm to his face. "I am so not reporting that one."
-Shinji Moon

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 pm
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

"Um...hi guys." Celtica peeks out from a particularly large block of rubble that just conveniently happened to be there to protect her. "Um, I hate to say this, but, like...what's going on?"

"Zombie invasion."

"Word war."

"Something. Who are you?"

She scoots away even further behind the block. "I'm...someone." Her voice is suspiciously squeaky, and the other three boys raise their eyebrows at each other. "Just um...what's a zombie?"
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

'Stop getting distracted, I said abandon!' Tenyo shouted, barely dodging a giant MISCONTINATION before it took her head off. She tried to dive onto the ground, clutching her bowl-helmet, but ended up tripping over her own foot and face-planting the floor. 'It's no use, the Newbinator has gone haywire!'

'The what?' Lumi murmured.

Tenyo scrambled to her feet. 'The Newbinator! It's supposed to repel newbs in three words or less, but I think I set the initial dial to execution of Oldies instead.'

'What are you talking about?' Noir asked.

'Ruuun!' Charlie shouted again, before there was another crash and roar, and a sudden shadow descended over them.

Up above the sky was filled with LOLs, WAZZUPZ and other forms of chatspeak that would be inexcusable to mention.

'That way!' Kyll commanded. Lumi shook his head - wide eyed.

From the direction Kyll had pointed, attracted by the swarms of chatspeak, an army of Newbs waited hungrily. As soon as they saw the group their eyes widened with uncontrollable awe and all at once they started to run towards them, armed with a thousand misplaced apostrophe's.

'Okay, the other way!'
We were born to be amazing.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 pm
View Likes
Celdover says...

"Kyll Kyll Kyll Kyll Kyll help meeee!" I shout as I flee from an onslaught of dollar sign shurikens and comma grenades, tossed haphazardly by unskilled hands. Though their aim was poor the sheer volume was overwhelming.

The Newbs were gaining at improbable speeds and I could only hope to reach my dear sibling in time. I should have never ventured into Chat unarmed.

I force myself to run faster, narrowly avoiding their apostrophe bullets due to unusually merciful lag. One moment I am frozen in time, the next I am far away. With this I gain distance in leaps and bounds until I am finally reunited in the huggable sense with my beloved sibling.

"I'm so glad I caught up to you! I thought I was going to die!" I say, crying into their back.

"Dover?" Kyll says.

"Yes?"

"We think you glomped the wrong person."
Lumi: I hate it when plans require faith in competence.
Jagged: You should know better by now.

1220 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

We shoot off a bolt of modly lightning at a gang of chatlings that come too close while We try to piece together the lagged-out words of Our unfortunate sister so that We may come to an appropriate course of rescue. All this effort is rendered moot as Our sister appears in a burst of un-lag and latches onto Lumi, interrupting his no-doubt destined-to-be-epic kamehameha-style mod attack upon the rabidly rampaging horde behind us.

"We think you glomped the wrong person," We say before prying her arms off Our rather flustered mod-in-arms and dragging Dover along for the run of our lives.

"They're gaining on us!" shouts Charlie as he glances over his shoulder. "At least, I think they are. I can't see over the tassels, but they're waving like mad!"

"Are those zombies?!" the new girl screeches before clearing her throat and trying again. "I mean, those are zombies, right?"

"Yes, they are zombies!" We snap, running out of breath from dragging clingy sister along and quite tiring of getting smacked in the face with corn. "Less talking, more running, We say!"

"We wouldn't need to run so hard if your sister hadn't ruined my attack!"

"I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy!!!" wails Dover, tripping along in lagged bursts and spurts.

"Look!" Tenyo shouts and points. "I see the exit!"

"Run for it!"

And we do, but the zombies get there first, much to Our breathless displeasure, and we are all trapped in a quickly closing circle of infectious spamminess.

"We should have never left Resources..." We mutter to ourselves as We blast as many assailants as quickly as We can. But there are too many.

"Wait! I have an idea!" cries Lumi as he fiddles with something unfamiliar to Us.

And everything changes.
WRFF | KotGR

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:07 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

"Day four. Setting up base again after losing ground to the spammer zombies. Things aren't going so well. We're trying to re-group and re-organise but every time I think we're close, we lose another to the hoards. No moderators taken yet, though Snoink came close to getting obliterated. Had to explain to one of the members that she's like that normally. I dread to think what will become of us if the zombies get her. Day four and still alive."

I tucked the tape recorder back into my back pocket and looked around at the make-shift den. It was in the storybooks section of course. I wouldn't have felt at home anywhere else, but there were various others spread out across forums. This was just the organisational base. Which meant that everyone brought their reports here, to me, and I sifted through them, recording some on tape and sending others on to my fellow survivors. Already it felt like I was drowning in paper-work, but at least the fire would never go hungry.

A loud explosion sounded in the distance and fragments of words rained down against my barrier of diplomacy. I wasn't sure how much longer it could hold.

And I could hear voices but no footsteps approaching and the words were too distant to make out. My hand tightened on the proverbial baseball bat and I hoped it was just another messenger from one of the other bases. The air around me was distorting and the voices were getting clearer as a group of people stepped out of the fog.

"Lumi, what did you just do-"

"Well, I moved us. I do have permissions in other areas you know."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:07 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

"Oh, are you serious?!" Kitty does not look pleased. She puts down her proverbial baseball bat and sighs, fanning at the fog in the room. "What exactly did you do?"

"I, uh." Lumi looks around, scratching his neck sheepishly. "I moved the Chat Room's exit to the Storybook forum!"

Her face melts, expressionless. "That. Will take. HOURS to clean up!"

"There were zombies!"

"Lots of zombies," Kyll adds.

"They smelled vaguely of cheese," Charlie remarks.

"And they were terrifying!" Celtica whines.

"But luckily," General Tenyo confirms, "we are all protected thanks to Lumi's quick thi--"

BOOM!!!

Just like that, a sizzling ORPHANAGE falls through the roof, landing on Lumi. He mutters incoherently beneath the behemoth word, arms and legs twitching like a dying bug.

"That came right out of the blue!" Charlie quips, his laser gun firing a hole through the floor.

"Alright, We're taking that gun from you before you pun Our eye out." Kyll said, holding out her hand.
-Shinji Moon

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:30 am
View Likes
CelticaNoir says...

"Uh...what should I do? What, what!" Celtica runs around in a panic, grabbing portions of her hair and screaming and whimpering, much to the annoyance of the others. "I dunno what to do...what's going ON? Will someone tell me what's going on?! What should I do..."

"Bring us crackers. Cheese crackers would be nice."

"Oh, and a bottle of soda!"

"You'll have to pay for it, we don't have money on us!"

Celtica whimpered under the onslaught of responses and hid behind another boulder that happened to be conveniently nearby. "I'll just sit here...and watch you guys take care of them, okay?" Her head vanished under it, and no one paid any attention to her. "Ready when you guys are..."
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

"We're just all nosy little busybodies."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi