Young Writers Society

City of Secrets *Started | Permission Only*

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Climalsi | Outside the castle- in the forest

At first, Climalsi was unsure who Kosey was, but after being with the Crown Prince, Climalsi was able to respond to the name in so to keep the ruse going. He was still a little jumpy at this risky job he was doing, but at least he was enjoying himself while he still could. He did his best to keep up with the Crown Prince and keep hold of the ruse. Climalsi rode the black mare with pride back to the stables at the Crown Prince's side. He dismounted the mare and led her back to her stable. He gave her a carrot and pet her.
The Crown Prince said, "She seems to miss you, little brother. Almost like she's in love with you."
Climalsi felt the mare press her snout against his chest. He whispered to her, "You think I'm your master, do you?" He stroked her head. "If only you could talk. You could tell me where to find my twin."
The Crown Prince patted Climalsi's shoulder and said, "You'll find him, little brother. For now, you have to help me. After that, I'll help you in return." Setting his arm over Climalsi's shoulder, the Crown Prince led him to the main hall, then went to his own room, leaving Climalsi in the main hall.
Climalsi almost felt like jumping with pleasure. At last, he has succeeded on getting in the palace. Now that left one question: where is the Lion hiding?
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:12 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Keira - Assassin's Hide-Out

Keira felt good about playing her role so well, not that it was all a lie, she was of course a princess, the princess even. She wasn't as oblivious as she pretended to be though. She knew very well that her father had been murdered, killed by an assissin. She knew this, because she herself had been destined to die under the hand of an assassin. Aodán. He had been sent to kill her, but ended up saving her.

Now Keira wanted to go back.

She wondered about her brother, did he ever think of her? They hadn't gotten along too well since they were both competative and stubborn but Keira still remembered all the good parts about Hector. She remembered how when they were little he had snuck her past the guards and out to the forest, it was he who first awoke her longing for adventure and freedom. But the older they got, the less attatched they became and Hector started spending more time with their adopotive brother Kosey, and less time with his little sister. But apart from wanting to know what kind of man Hector had grown to be Keira also wanted to meet her mother. She didn't mourn her fathers death espacially much, he had never cared much of her, he had, like most others been more fond of the young and talanted prince.

Keira had been a weary child though, too michevious and curious for her own good. She wasn't interested in getting educated and act like a lady and behave in social societies. What she wanted was excitement, she'd always envied her brother for getting to learn how to ride horses, fight with swords and learn to shoot the bow. The King had been dissapointed with the way his daugther acted and never saw to spend time with her. Her mother though, had been the one person who understood that Keira wasn't an ordinary girl that wished to go to social events and learn how to read. So secretely she'd teach Keira other things. She would tell her about the world, about the villages in the forest, about the waterfalls in the east and stories about heroes and villains and it had happened a few times that she taught her how to defend herself with a knife. At her thirteenth birthday she'd even gotten one of her own. A silver knife decorated with rubies. She had forgotten to take it with her when she fled with Aodán but if she managed to get back home she'd search for it.

"Shall we leave?" Keira asked finally, realizing her thoughts had brought dead silence to the group. In the corner of her eye she saw Aodán stand with clenched jaws and a tense expression. I'll miss you too. Keira mouthed and also gave Ulta a thankful smile before she turned to Lynx for an answer.
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:23 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Aisha | Temple - Her Room:

Aisha consoled Aly as best she could. It was awkward, though. Really awkward. "Don't be," she murmured and watched Aly pace. The other girl seemed nervous. Really nervous. Aisha didn't blame her. After all, their Mistress thought they were lying, even after both had claimed they weren't. Aisha sighed. "I feel stupid, Aly."

Aly turned towards her then away again. Aisha brushed hair out of her eyes then scowled and undid the plait her hair had been in. While Aly continued to pace, Aisha got to work on re-plaiting her hair. She had a feeling that this was gonig to be a long wait.

"You know," she said after several minutes. "I'm scared." Aly looked her way and Aisha shrugged. "I don't believe I've ever admitted that before," she added with a frown. "To anyone, really." She just shrugged again when Aly gave her a questioning look. "I mean, what if we're kidnapped next?"

Nasira | Temple - Rafters:

The Priestess's gaze seemed to linger on them and Nasira held her breath. For a long moment, it felt like the old woman was seeing straight into her soul--and then her gaze skipped on, drifting through the rafters and never resting on any one place for too long. Nasira relaxed slightly and let out her breath, trying to be quiet. Beside her, Soren was tense.

"Come on out," Isranda called, turning around slowly. The woman was scowling and Nasira was suspicious.She gave Soren a glance, clearly letting him know that Isranda didn't actually know where, exactly, they were. The assassin moved closer to Soren and nudged him. She met his gaze then slid it towards the far side of the room. There was a door there, locked and bolted. From the outside.

Soren gave her a look then followed her gaze. A door locked from the outside mention several things, but mainly two. One, a possible treasure room. Or two, something far more sinister. Nasira was determined to check it out.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Ulta | Assassin Hideout

Keira and Lynx left on their own little mission.
"I hope he dosen't try anything... Or he'll deeply regret it." Aodán said cooly. I looked up at him from the vials in my hands, "He won't, he's not that stupid" was my reply. I watched Aodán pace, silence passed so easily between us, no need for words.
"What does he want Temple Maidens for?"
"I don't know and I don't really want to. The sooner I'm out of his debt the better" He then started to murmer much like he used to, working through the plans, thinking of every possible outcome and how to react, while I became lost in my own thoughts. In my mind I went through all the ways I wanted to kill Isranda, selecting a personal approach. Maybe slitting her throat? Aodán had stopped pacing and was looking at me as if expecting an answer, but went back to intricate plans. I knew that he was thinking I needed him to stop me from doing anything stupid, one of the rules of being an assassin was to not let it get personal. Stupid rules. That voice kept coming back to me, it took everything left to fight it, to not loose myself in that dark adreniline. Then a thought occuered to me.
"Aodán, she wants me dead. For all intents and purposes I am dead. It is unlikely to 'go down well' if we walk in to the Temple together," he was looking at me agian, but this time he looked annoyed for my having interupted his thoughts.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

My chest hurt- both because of the anger I pressed inside, and both- I admitted to myself sadly- because my heart had no longer been capable of standing that pressure: I am old I thought bitterly, Too old for a brat too spoiled to do the right thing, too old for a mother too proud to guide him, too old for a general too loyal to think- too old for the stress of doing what's right, the young should have fought for justice, for the future- but it's only me. the picture of Nhara's pale face sprang to my mind, followed by Hector's sad eyes- then, lastly- the sad, old, frail face of Darienis(OOC: I couldn't find the king's name anywhere- so I named him) when he was lowered into his grave- I'm too old for sorrow
suddenly- the pain grew terrible- like a dagger pierced my chest, I couldn't breathe and the edges of my vision slowly dimmed- I placed my hands on my chest, as if I was trying to grab him, and collapsed my back against the stone wall- I've been to terrible battles as a child, a soldier less than a pawn on the front line, I've lead elite teams into the enemy lines, lead entire armies on conquests, I fought by my own against hopeless odds- and yet no injury had never hurt so, even worse, for the first time- I was afraid.
"he who slain for sin with sword, will be struck by sword down"- Could I have been wrong? did the venom that I brewed have crawled to my chest? I barely managed to ponder upon that before my mind sunk to oblivion, but at the final second, I knew it wasn't- I have sinned, no doubt- for a killing of a friend and betraying are sins- but for these sins I'll pay without relation to the righteousness of my cause- Because I was whispered, quietly, in my mind- that I will not be claimed today; I had a sacred duty to complete before.
And with those thoughts- I fainted.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

424 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Aodán - Assassin's HideOut

"Aodán, she wants me dead. For all intents and purposes I am dead. It is unlikely to 'go down well' if we walk in to the Temple together." Ulta said and Aodán gave her an annoyed glance. He knew she was right but it bothered him. He wanted to get as far from his old self as he could and this wasn't the way. He didn't want to be a part of the shadow anymore, he didn't want to sneak up on his victim, invisible and silent and strike when they least expected it. He had sworn never to go back to that life, yet here he was... catching up with other assassins, walking in his old neighborehoods and planning the next kill. If he had to kill again he wanted to do it with honor but obvious facts stated that he wouldn't get to that. Isranda wouldn't get to look her killer in the eyes, she wouldn't know what was happening to her before she lay breathless and dead on the ground.

Aodán knew what Ulta was thinking, knowing she wanted to do just what Aodán wished to do but without the honor in it. Ulta wanted to look Isranda in the eyes, she wanted her to know who her killer was. More importantly, she would do it for revenge and she might even make it painful... make Isranda suffer. Aodán wouldn't let it get to that though, he'd have to take the matter in his own hands. For Ulta's sake. - even though Ulta would hate him for it.

"We'll do it your way." Aodán said finally, allowing Ulta to take the lead, but for every move and strategy she made he'd have a plan of his own; To go rouge, and kill Isranda before Ulta had the chance to get hurt. They may not be close anymore, maybe not even friends, but he still cared about her and he knew if she killed Isranda it would only satisfy her for a moment but she'd spend eternity paying for it. There were so many peope who'd come for her... who would hunt her. Aodán shrugged and then made up his mind completely.

A temple maiden would die, but it wouldn't be for Ulta's hand.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

28 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:50 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Ulta | The city

Moving through the city, cast in shadows, nothing more than a whisper brought back memories. Albeit grusome memeories, but happy ones never-the-less. Aodán danced among the people, picking pockets without setting a foot wrong, it was a beautiful thing. I don't think that he even realized he was doing it, an old habbit he had failed shake. You used to dance like that. You'll never dance again... Who say's? I snapped back. I loved to move with the people, to be alive even if it cost me my morality. The thought tht I wouldn't be able to ever again was almost crippling. We were going to buy, or 'find', an outfit to go to the Temple in. Eventually we reached a tailor, Aodán went inside while I waited outside pearching on a barrel. I only hoped it wasn't a dress. If we were to get into the Temple we'd have to be quite, sneaky, and in a dress that isn't easy. A few men walked over to me every now and then, but went away again when I glared hard enough. An elf is rare among the common people of Asrya, and an exotic creature to menfolk. I felt guilty for having been the one who dragged Aodán back into this world. This dark world which had tried so hard to escape. Without noticing I had started crying, he still held ssuch a place in my heart. Keira better not break his heart. Or what? I'll kill her? No! The only one I'm to kill is Isranda, and no matter how rightous he thinks he is, Aodán will not stop me.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Hector/Palace:

I had left kosey in the great hall, he seemed to want time alone. Winter was coming, he always started acting odd then. Through the years I had learned the best thing to do was to leave him be, so that is what I did.

Striding down one of the many corridors that branched our from the main hall I made my way towards my mothers room. She had seemed so ill, so frail today. I wanted to make sure she was alright, that she was comfortable, she couldn't hide her pain as well as she thought she could.

I would have gone earlier to her, but my mood then was not of a cheerful kind, and besides she had wanted Aban to accompany her, not me. This rankled a little in my heart at the time, but once I cooled down form the council I realized she probably had wanted to talk to him about something specific.

For once the hallway was completely empty, I could actually hear myself think, and the clumping by boots made on the dark flagstones.

Why Tarasel? Kept running through my mind. If they had nominated ANY other man from the council to act as regent I was almost sure I could have won, but with Tarasel? He was so respected by everyone, even his enemies in court had a great deal of respect for him! He was so close to my father since those two were boys together- they were like me and Kosey- or better said Kosey and I were just like them. It was an interesting thought. I had felt so wrong, telling him I didn't want his help. Like I had done something wrong in saying so- Even though I knew it was my right, I was crown prince, not Tarasel. I dearly loved the man but I wanted to do this on my own- I needed to do this on my own.

So lost in thought was I, that I almost didn't notice General Aban, who came striding purposely down the hall with that stern expression I was so used to seeing on his face. The recollection of how he had jumped so, passionately to my defense at the council flooded my mind. He truly was my fathers bulldog, and now mine. I had always thought he was too stony, too cold, but I didn't think so now. He had shown a different side of him, a side I needed. I needed someone I could trust, and who was respected by the council, I prayed Aban could be that someone.

He nodded at me and would have passed me by, but I grabbed his arm. He looked at me in surprise.

“My prin-King?” he said meeting my eye.

King? Was I rightly the king? Did I deserve the title- the council didn't think so.

“Forgive me General Aban I know your probably on your way to something pressing, but I wondered if you had a moment.” He nodded slowly, turning to face me. His eyes were trying to figure me out- I could see that plainly.

“Yes my lord?”

“General Aban, I wanted to thank you for your words in the council, for jumping to my defense. I'm not sure how best to say it other than, thank you. Don't think your words fell on deaf ears, if no one else heard them, I did, and I am grateful to you.” I stopped then, unsure of what to say. I had so many things I wanted to tell him, to ask him, but I needed to pace myself.

(Alrighty Isha! I wasn't sure of where to go after this but I hope I gave you a good starting point.<3)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

32 Reviews

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:39 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Kosey | The Palace Garden

Kosey almost choked as he sat in meditation. At last, he met his long-lost twin. He felt strange as the autumn air filled his nostrils. Winter is coming early, he thought. Climalsi should know that, since we share the element ice. He stood up and sensed Climalsi was leaving. He snuck close to the stables and saw Climalsi ride Lady Night Rider beside Hector. Kosey shivered at this. Climalsi seemed to have some kind of motive in being at the palace, but now scared for his life. With a small oath, Kosey went to the forest to find out more about his twin.
After almost an age, he fell through a hole in the ground that led to a room after many twists and turns. Much to Kosey's surprise, the room was almost like his own in the palace with the exception of being slightly messy. Kosey's room in the palace was always clean for the benefit of the royal family. Climalsi's room had a layer of clothes on the floor and the bed looked like it was hardly made. He looked around carefully and noticed a book on a writing desk. He sat down and opened the book, reading page after page with great interest.

~~~Les Miserables

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 pm
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

OOC: I am SOOOOO sorry I haven’t posted. I have been very busy, school has started, plus work… and stuff :p. Anyways here we go.

Queen Nhara | Royal Bedchambers

Nhara sat on the large plush chair and tried to take slow, calming breaths. She was shaking, and a thin sheen of sweat sparkled on her face. I am so weak, she thought incredulously as another cough shook her body. As dignified as a dying person can be, she raised a small handkerchief and coughed into it, again, and again, and again.

Lana was by her side in an instant, holding the queens fragile hand, a worried expression on her face. Nhara had been losing wait in the past few weeks, and though they had been able to hide it, Lana was worried that would soon not be a possibility. Nhara’s pale skin was starting to sag, and without her makeup her eyes were like to hollow holes in her head, ringed with dark circles. Her hands were bony and gnarled like an old tree or a woman twice her age.

Nhara slowly pulled the handkerchief away from her mouth, and little speckles of blood could be seen on the pristine clothe. “My lady,” Lana gasped at the site of the blood, “I must get the healer at once!”

“What for?” Nhara asked with a tired sigh, “The dithering fool will give me more tea, which does nothing but put me to sleep, and there are still things to be done.”

“You must rest my lady,” Lana pleaded, “The sickness is getting worse.”

Nhara snorted, and immediately regretted how un-lady like it sounded. I start dying and loose all of my manners, she thought with mild amusement. “There is still much to do, Lana,” she whispered with a tired smile. “Hector’s succession to the throne stands in question. Alliances must be made, and most of all information must be gathered.” Her smile disappeared and her eyes became hard as iron, “I want to know what Tarasel is planning, what he is up to. Something like this does not happen overnight, but is planned. We need to find out how he got elected by this group to be the Regent. Why him? Did he buy their loyalty, or threaten them to have it. I must know.”

“Don’t worry my lady,” Lana whispered, “We will find out. I will send out word and try to gather what information I can. For now, please rest.”

Nhara slowly nodded and leaned her head back in the chair. “Very well, Lana,” she answered tiredly, “I will close my eyes for a bit.” And in seconds she was sleeping soundly. Lana poked the fire and stirred the coals a bit before slowly slipping from the room.

Lynx | Market

“Who is this Captain Oswald,” Keira demanded again as the two of them weaved through the bustling market.

“Does it really matter that much?” Lynx asked with a lopsided grin.

“It does when I feel you are withholding information from me,” Keira shot back.

“My, we’ve only been back in Asyra for a bit and already are acting like its Queen,” Lynx said softly, just loud enough for Keira to hear.

The young girl blushed a bit at that, causing Lynx’s smile to broaden. “I just like to know the people I am dealing with, what their motivation is for helping me?” She gave Lynx a pointed look, one that almost made him feel guilty.

Me? Guilty?, he thought incredulously, Well now that’s a first! “You want to know why I am helping you?” he asked slowly.

“Among other things,” Keira said as they headed toward a dress shop in the central market. “It seems odd to me that a man from the streets, a foreigner at that, would help me.”

“You noticed I was foreign,” Lynx said with a grin, “Not many people seem to catch that.”

“I have been around a bit,” Keira sniffed, “And your accent is faint, but there. It also sounds familiar, but I can’t place it.”

“All the better for me,” Lynx answered with a large smile as he grabbed Keira’s hand and swept her into the dress shop. It didn’t take long, the owner was a short, balding man with a large pair of glasses, and he was more then accommodating when Lynx flashed him some money. The little man had all the latest styles and fashions, and he explained it to them as they went. Girls were going for more of a lower cut look with billowing sleeves, but a narrow waist. Men were wearing those poufy pants that Lynx hated, and tight shirts with little room to breathe. What made everything very easy was the fact that Keira knew what she wanted, and she wanted red. Very red.

She also wasn’t cheap, Lynx noted as Keira found a pleasing dress and Lynx counted out the money to the shop owner. Damn did she look good though. She was still young, but definitely a woman. The dress showed off her curves, and the red fabric made her pale skin glow like the moon. Her dark hair was pinned up and set with pearls, and a single red flower was twisted into her hair. The low cut dress didn’t give anything away, but more then hinted at what was hiding beneath, and Lynx caught himself staring for a moment. He quickly looked away, feeling embarrassed. What the hell is wrong with me? he thought. I have never felt embaressed before, and usually stare openly at everyone who passes me by!

He cast another glance at Keira as she pulled on her cloak and wrapped it around herself to hide the dress. It would draw attention to them, and for now they didn’t need it. “So what do you think?” she asked as they headed out of the shop and wove their way through the city.

“You look marvelous,” he admitted, and the honesty almost hurt.

Keira seemed surprise by the answer, and maybe even sensed he was a little uncomfortable. She laughed at him though, and said, “I am sure Aodan would have had less to say, and more or less have grunted his approval.”

“Assassins,” Lynx answered with a shrug, “What can you do?” He led her through the streets and into a dark alley way.

“What are we doing here?” she demanded.

“Getting Captain Oswald,” Lynx answered with a smirk as he began to take off his clothes. Keira’s mouth dropped opened as he began to strip and quickly turned away, averting her eyes. That just made Lynx grin even more, and minutes later the transformation was complete. “My lady,” the young captain said with a grin. His hair was pulled back into a neat pony tail, and a pencil thin moustache was apparent across his lips. His coat was spotless, and he stood stiffly like a military man. There was no accent in his voice, but the bark that came out as he talked spoke of a man who was used to giving orders and following them.

“You truly seem like a different person,” Keira whispered in surprise.

“I am,” Captain Oswald said stiffly, “And now my lady we must get you into the palace. I know someone who should let us borrow a carriage, a lady as yourself should never have to walk of course. And I, Captain Oswald, will personally escort you to the palace!”

424 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:46 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Keira - Market Place

Keira stared at the man in front of her. Lynx had changed from a man looking alot like a street thug to suddenly appearing like a proud and loyal captain. He had dressed up in a luxurious uniform and pulled back his hair, he looked handsome and impressive and Keira couldn't avoid seeing how suddenly every girl at the street had their eyes set on Lynx... or was it Captain Oswald now maybe? He was truly handsome, but Keira didn't go for the handsome types. She was more attracted to the mysterious, wild people and Lynx had seemed to be one of them when his hair was messy and his cloths were worn but personal and she had felt drawn to the accent and the foreign aura that was now completely wiped. She had fallen in love with Aodán for being mysterious and all dark and wild, she was certain he would look astonoshingly handsome in a smoking and an arranged hair-do but that wasn't the way she wanted it.

"Captain Oswald you say... Well you look like quite the gentleman now, all trustoworthy and handsome. You better not lead me astray!" Keira finished the sentence with a smirk painted on her red lips. She looked herself in the mirror once more before she let Oswald lead her out the doors. She almost got a little sad meeting that beautiful face in the mirror. She had forgotten how good it felt to wear expensive dresses and have everyone stare at you with awe, respect and even envy at times.

"I would never!" Oswald said, interrupting her thoughts and Keira looked up at him and smiled. Smiling was her way to cover up her emotions and Aodán had told him Lynx... Oswald, acted similarly and therefore he had warned her about his tricky smirk. But even his smile had changed and Oswalds smile wasn't half as mysterious and luring as Lynx's. The Captain's smile was instead vague and respectful. He truly had an amazing talent when it came to acting and Keira almost felt a bit insecure walking next to the Captain. She could handle Lynx, he screamt danger, tricks and lies so she knew what to expect, this Captain guy though... he scared her a bit.

"So how will you escort me to the castle?" She asked finally, shrugging the anxiousness off of her.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

28 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Ulta | The City

Thank the Gods he has common sense I thought while inspecting the outfit Aodán had 'acquired' from the tailor.
"You are too kind to me, you know. Why do you do these things?" As grateful as I was, I couldn't help being curious. I am, or at least was, part of his past and in the time between then and now he had found love with another. In true Aodán fashion, his only reply was a silent shrug of the shoulders before starting to move off into the crowd. Damn him! He knows I can't keep up... Maybe that was it. When I used to know him he would always be going on about how I wasn't a true assassin, that I'd never killed in cold blood, that I would always be the 'good' one... Was he now trying to save me from becoming like he used to be? Or is it that he still relishes in the kill? Whispered that hateful voice. No, he's buried that part of himself, hasn't he? I sincerly hoped so. I moved off the barrell, bundling up the outfit and tying it to my belt, plunged after Aodán into the swarms of people. He was far ahead by now but I new where he was going so thats where I went: To the Temple. On the way there I tried my hand at pickpocketing, and, to my suprise, my hands did what I told them. They were as deft as ever. By the time I reached to Temple the sun was staring to set and I'd amasssed a large collection of coins and purses. Moving into the ever darkening shadows I started to change into the dark blue clothing that so perfectly matched my eyes. As I slid on the trousers an object fell from one of the legs. My dagger!

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:23 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

General Aban | The palace halls

Aban stared at Hector for a moment, his social awkwardness pressing through once again. He had to respond, and he had to do so with kind words, a reassuring gesture or a smile... none of those things came naturally to him. Of course, he hadn't assumed that his little speech would come all that naturally, either, but once he got started...

"I... I'm very glad that I could... be of assistance." No, no, that's not right. He shifted nervously on his feet, swallowing to wet his suddenly dry mouth. "I know that I've never been... socially graceful-" does that even make sense?- "and I... I don't think I've made it clear." He cleared his throat. "How much I really care for you, that is." Blast it- was that too personal? He wasn't the boy's father... surely he didn't sound like he was trying to. "I just... don't know how to show it, is all." He sighed, deciding to just give up the touching speech this time around. They were so much easier when there was a political side to it. "What I'm tryin to say, Your Majesty, is that my company may not be exceptionally desirable, but I swear my loyalty, and if you... if you ever need somebody to talk to, I'll be thefirst who's willing to try his hardest."

Honestly, he'd prefer if it he were just on the listening side of a conversation, but when it came to Hector, he really would try his very hardest. This was his battle now- his mission. Perhaps it would make it easier if he thought of it that way. Hector needed a strong figure to support and serve him-- and Aban would try his hardest to be that person, socially disabled or not.

Even if General Tarasel was named regent, Aban was determined to follow only the orders of the boy he believed to be the rightful king. Tarasel obviously had motives for wanting this position-- power always had been a weak point for men... perhaps it was innocent, and perhaps he really was just looking out for Hector, but Aban refused to serve under him. It was not only something that he found insulting to Hector, but something that would cut Aban's pride. It just would not be right, taking orders from a man who had been his equal in rank only a day before.

It was decided, encased in the (very intelligent) stone that was his mind. He would investigate this matter, as the queen had asked of him not long before, and he would have no other superior than King Hector. Whether he was politically the king or not was currently not the point.

[[[[Baaah. So sorry that I haven't posted in ages, and I'm even more sorry for the length of the post, but I'm not sure of how to make Hector respond. xD]]]]]
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

32 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:04 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Kosey | The Fox's Den

Kosey read the book twice- once out of interest, the other out of curiousity. It crossed his mind that the book is really a journal- Climalsi's journal. He read the second time carefully, making sure he didn't miss a line in any page. He was curious to know what Climalsi was on the inside after all these years. He found a page that looked interesting.
Age- seven and two months

I had a very bad day somehow. When the General noticed and told me I looked like I was going to cry, I had to run to my room and cry in secret. I don't understand it. It was like I watched something or someone go up in flames and I couldn't bear the sight. I felt like I needed to find a place to call home but I couldn't because I had nowhere else to go. I was so sad, it wasn't funny at all.
Suddenly I feel comforted, like someone gave me a home and became a friend and sibling-at-heart. I couldn't get it. After being upset, I felt better as if I was taken in by kind strangers. After I settled down, I went outside and heard from a resource that an orphan was taken in by the royal family. Then the feeling of someone close returns to me, this time filling me with great joy. I couldn't put my finger on what this feeling meant. I rather not tell the General about this.
Climalsi

Kosey smiled. Hector was right. Twins do sense each other, despite distance and years. Kosey was so sad that day, he had to run to the royal gardens to calm down. That was when Hector showed up and made friends with Kosey, taking the latter into the family. Kosey's alliance to the royal family was set in stone since then. He shut the journal and whispered to himself, "I hope you understand Hector like a brother the same way I do, Climalsi."

~~~Les Miserables

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:41 am
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

11 Months Earlier | Nobles Manse

“Have you heard of this man, the one they call Captain Oswald?” Lady Asmeira asked quietly as she took a delicate sip of her tea.

Her companion lazily fanned herself and dropped another small cube of sugar in her tea cup. “I heard he came from one of the Duchies on the border,” Lady Morya answered with a small smile. “From what I heard he is a dashing young man, tall, and quiet easy on the eyes.”

“I’ve heard he has connections all throughout the kingdom,” Asmeira answered with a girlish smile, “They even say he has a small castle out on the country, that his father is some minor Lord.”

“I’ve heard the same thing,” Morya answered as she took a small sip of tea. “They say he was the one who drove out the Pelish raiders, and that Duke Von Goren awarded him personally for his bravery! And to think he is coming here, I am sure everyone is quiet thrilled. The Queen and King might even throw a ball at his arrival.”

“All this for a soldier?” Asmeira asked with mild surprise.

“Not just a soldier,” Morya answered, “A good looking one.” A small pout spread across her face as she said, “It will be such a nice change from all the old and boring officers we have around here. Aban isn’t to bad, but he is just so… dull sometimes. And awkward, it is hard to carry on a serious conversation with him for more then a minute. All I do is give him a little shimmy and he blushes and stutters like a school boy!” Both girls broke into giggles at the thought. Throughout the night their conversation would change little as they talk and gossiped about the new Captain coming into town, and how they couldn’t wait to meet him…

Captain Oswald (Lynx) | On his way to the palace with Keira

Captain Oswald, or Lynx, kept a straight face as he slowly extended his hand and helped Keira into the Carriage. She gave him a small smile, obviously feeling a little odd about the sudden change he had undergone and not quite sure how to react.

He returned her smile with a stiff bow, and entered into the carriage behind her as he signaled the driver to head off. Soon the little carriage was trundling off as Captain Oswald pulled back the curtains to give them some privacy. “We should be arriving at the Castle in ten minutes, My lady,” he said with a curt smile.

Keira just nodded, “Thank you… Captain.” She hesitated for a moment, obviously puzzling over whether to ask him a question or not. She finally decided to and said, “How long have you been… using this persona?”

“Using?” Captain Oswald asked with obvious surprise. “What do you mean my lady? Have I done something to offend you?”

Keira gave him a hard look, and for a fraction of a second Oswald disappeared. There was Lynx, giving her a lopsided smile, before he vanished and once again it was the Captain sitting across from her. “I have only been in the city for about eleven months,” Oswald said, his face a mask of chivalry. “But my exploits had been growing for over a year before I took of residency here.”

“So you have been using him for two years?” Keira asked.

Oswald let out a snort, but quickly covered it as a cough. “No my lady. I had to establish myself before coming to the forefront. You can ask any noble and they will tell you about my brave exploits against the Pelish invaders. Or how my poor sickly father lays dying in his castle out in the country, and how it will be mine when he passes.”

“Is any of that even true?” Keira pushed.

Oswald gave her a dignified shrug. “People believe what they will my lady. Besides the fact I have had a few bank accounts active for more then a few years that prove I have been around for a while. There is also a certain noble out in the country who was in debt, and so he received a large sum of money to claim Oswald is his son. The stories of my deeds against the Pelish come from a number of soldiers who were there, though I doubt any of them would even remember my face.”

“You are more then who you pretend to be,” Keira slowly said, as if the magnitude of what Lynx was telling her slowly sank in. “You have put years into this man.”

Oswald shrugged, “A life is merely a paper trail of events, and the words of people who go along with it.”

“I think you are wrong,” Keira softly answered, “I think a life is more then that.”

Oswald shrugged, “And there is where we have a difference of opinion my lady.”

“Halt, who goes there?” a voice called from outside the carriage.

Oswald reached into his jacket and pulled out his papers, “We are here my lady, let’s go meet your mother, shall we?”

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2