z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets *Started | Permission Only*

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm
DSF6647 says...

OOC: Okay so I am going to end the Council thing for now, and we can vote later if that is all right. And Betheny, if Demoness doesn’t post by tonight I will so we can get rolling :)

Queen Nhara | Council Chambers

The shock was passing, but that didn’t mean Nhara felt any better. Waves of bitterness seemed to erode her self control as she struggled to maintain her calm face. That bastard, she thought angrily, tTarasel dares to presume he could be Regent to my son! This betrayal will not be taken lightly.

She tried to stuff down her erupting emotions, and was able to slip a quick smile on her face as Hector wrapped up his speech. She was proud. I’m a typical mom in that way, she silently mused, I still feel pride for my son, and rage at those who would try to stunt his growth. Hector gave the Council room a firm smile, and rigidly turned to take his seat. He sat tall, proud, his clothes pressed and gleaming as he calmly surveyed the room. His look invited someone to question his legitimacy, and he seemed to dare them to try and stop him.

He is a man, she thought, So much like his father. The thought made her feel queasy and she quickly shoved aside all distracting thoughts. The Council room was quiet, and everyone just sat there, waiting for something to happen. Some looked angry, and others confused or thoughtful as they mulled over what had happened. Aban looked like he was about to stand, and put an end to everything for the day. She caught his eye and shook her head, she was still Queen, and whether they liked it or not, she was going to speak.

She slowly stood to her feet. The effort was exhausting, and her head swam with the effort. But her face didn’t show any pain. She kept a calm, regal look plastered on her face as she rose. All eyes turned toward her, and she met each gaze. Most couldn’t hold the look she gave them, and she saw shame in more then one set of eyes.

“Thank you all,” she said. Her voice was calm and quiet, yet the authority she possessed still rang loud and true. “Thank you for your support, and care in these hard times. I know each of you is mainly concerned for our country and the hard times that await us. You all want what is best, and you seek only to help this land which we all truly love, and for that I am grateful.”

“We now face something almost unprecedented in the history of our country. And as our enemies swarm from all sides it is paramount that we remain strong and unyielding in their eyes. We Asyrans have always been a proud people, and that pride has sometimes hindered us from doing what we know it right. I know many of you are concerned, and some of you will only hear the overconfident ramblings of a mother, but still I will say it.”

She paused, and let them all think of her words. “My son,” she said, “Is ready! He has spent his whole life being groomed for this, and I feel that the time has come for him to take his place in the history of our countries leaders. I say this as a mother, but also as a Queen! My love for this country knows no bounds, and I wish to Asyra flourish and grow! As a Queen I seek for us to be governed by a powerful and wise leader. Someone who looks to the good of the people, and who is willing to lay down his life and time for their country.” She glanced over proudly at Hector and gave him a small smile. “Hector is such a man. He is no longer the boy that he once was. He has grown and learned so much, and now it is time for him to take a new step as King. My King.”

She smiled up at everyone in the room. “The Council is closed for now, and we will reconvene in a couple of days to vote on the matter of succession. I thank you all for your support, because it not only shows how much you care for Hector, but it also honors the memory of his father.”

No one spoke, and for that she was glad. Aban slowly stood to his feet and simply said, “The Queen.” As one the Council chamber stood and bowed as Nhara turned toward Hector and smiled.

“I am proud of you son,” she whispered. “Aban, would you lead me out?”

The General nodded and hastened to her side. She didn’t want to admit it, but she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to walk out of the room without falling on her face. She tried not to look like she was clinging to his arm as they slowly left. As soon as they were outside Nhara nearly collapsed. “My Queen,” Lana gasped as she rushed over and took Nhara’s other arm.

“I’m fine,” Nhara whispered tiredly. “This whole thing just took more out of me then I thought it would. Aban I would appreciate your assistance back to my room if you don’t mind. It would give us a good chance to discuss Tarasel.”

Aban nodded, and together the three headed down the hall.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 am
Shadowlight says...

Hector/Palace:

I watched my mother slowly leave the council chambers, she had refused my offered hand. General Aban followed her closely, leaving me alone with the wolves. I stood up swiftly and turning smiled at the council, it was in no way heartfelt but was anything here?

“I thank you all.” I said, bowed and strode out of the room as quickly as I could. I kept my smile plastered on my face until I was safely inside of my own rooms, then I exploded.

“Who the hell do they think they are!?” I fumed. I punched the wall as hard as I could, the physical pain lessened the heartache I felt. Blood gathered around my knuckles and slowly dripped down my hand and wrist. Hot anger and resentment built up inside of me until I felt like I was drowning. I paced around my room almost shaking with rage until I could stand the closed in walls no longer- they all had ears. I fled practically running down the halls, I needed to get out of here, I needed to get away from the noise and the listening ears.

As I was coming up on the covered path that boarded my mothers rose garden, I saw Kosey standing looking out. I walked over to him and threw my arm around his shoulder.

“Come on little brother, I need some fresh air.” and without saying another word I dragged him with me down the hall towards the stables.

(Red I am so sorry this took so long. I had a suddenly planned writers group meeting last night, and had no time this morning to post. I apologize you had to wait so long.)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 am
Redfang18 says...

Climalsi | Palace

He knew he was in the presence of the Crown Prince, but Climalsi was just utterly confused. The one with the sais had left mere minutes ago, then the Crown Prince mistakes Climalsi for someone else and drags him to the stables. Deep down in the depths of his heart, Climalsi was panicing. If the Crown Prince knew that Climalsi wasn't the person the former thought he was, it might mean the end of his life. In order to keep himself alive, Climalsi decided to just go with it and see what's about to happen next. When he mounted on a black mare- which must be Kosey's horse, Climalsi guessed- and waited for the Crown Prince to take the lead, the boys rode around into the forest. Climalsi inhaled the autumn air through his nostrils. The ride was somehow enjoyable. This he could tell by the smile that crept on his face.
The Crown Prince asked, "Having fun, little brother?"
Climalsi answered, "Yes. Much fun."
The Crown Prince raised a brow and said, "You look like you haven't had this much fun for years. What's gotten into you?"
Climalsi said quickly, "Just happy to be with a friend, that's all." He knew he had to be careful. One wrong move and he was dead. He wasn't going to let himself die, not when the General was counting on him. The hairs on the back of his neck rose at this. The General! I forgot about the General! he thought frightenedly. If the General finds Kosey, the latter and I are both in trouble. He couldn't sense where Kosey was, but knew he had to be somewhere before the worst happens to the land itself.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:57 am
Synnoev says...

Amar/Soren | Temple

I crouched on the beam silently, watching the scene below me with mild interest. The two maidens must have seen us when we were in the corridor before, and now both appeared to be seriously distressed. As the door closed, I continued to stare at it thoughtfully for a moment, weighing up the possibilities. Obviously, if left to their own devices their level of suspicion would probably increase with time. It would be best to contain the information as soon as possible, before they told anyone else what they had seen, or worse, tried to figure out for themselves what was going on. I frowned slightly, then turned my head to look behind me as I heard footsteps approaching.

Ah. The assassin from earlier, Caira, or so she had said. I watched as she walked up the the door, hesitated, then turned away again, stopping in the middle of the corridor to glance around furtively. A moment passed whilst I waited to see if she would do anything, before I called out quietly.

"Hey, Caira."

The woman jumped slightly at the noise, looking around her again before looking up and catching my gaze. An irritated expression spread across her face instantly, and I grinned back at her.

"You're still here?" she hissed back at me, not keeping her eyes on me for more than a moment at a time, still looking around her every few seconds, and I smiled lazily in response.

"Of course. I managed to find a map." I waved the aforementioned item in the air, and her eyes followed it with interest for a while as I spoke, before the previous expression of annoyance returned.

"Oh well done," she muttered sarcastically. "But that's nothing compared to-" She broke off as a thud came from within the Maidens' room, and she looked back up at me with alarm as the sound of loud whispers came from the room.

I stared at the door nervously for a second, then reached down quickly. "Hurry," I hissed as quietly as I could manage. "Get up here."

She looked behind her as the whispering stopped, then nodded with obvious reluctance, stepping forward to take my hand and clamber up onto the beam hastily.

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 pm
Demoness says...

Aodán - Temple

Aodán was relieved. He had told Keira he knew the way in to the city and therefore she looked neither impressed nor relieved to have gotten past the walls unharmed but secretly Aodán had been scared that he no longer remembered his ways. He was a fool to think so though, what an assassin is taught, he never forgets. As easy as if it was a child’s play he had snuck past the guards, gotten by the walls, snatched an old couple of all their gold without them noticing and finally he'd also taken two hooded capes from a wagon. All this he had managed within less than an hour. He almost felt ashamed and was scared as to what Keira would think of him but she barely seemed to notice, she was too occupied scanning the area after familiar faces and memory triggers.
Aodán threw Keira one quick glance and was again astonished by her foreign beauty. Her linen dress was covered by the scarlet-red cloak he had stolen for her and that was so long it hid her bare feet. Black curls framed her porcelain face and once again Aodán got convinced she must be more than a princess, she reminded him so much of the mages he'd met and even though her eyes were pit black he'd seen pictures in her room, that night that he came to take her life rather than save it, of a child with blue eyes with a piercing, cold stare. Aodán had also suspected she had a certain affinity for ice for the cold didn't seem to bother her and she praised winter but she also feared water as if it was flaming fire.
“Keira, this way” Aodán whispered and dragged his princess towards a dark alley.
“Aodán, one would think you thought of committing a sin as you drag me to such dark, repulsive places.” Keira teased but Aodán felt guilty. Not about what she suggested but about the “sin” part. He had sinned a lot in his life and it darkened his mind, it had already created shadows in his past, it darkened his present and he feared it would ruin his future.
“It’s the fastest way to the temple!” Aodán finally responded. It wasn’t entirely true, but it was the safest way for those who didn’t want to be seen to travel and even though normal people rather would walk ten times longer to get to the temple than walk through the alley, Aodán wasn’t just anybody and neither was Keira because she gladly followed him straight into the unknown. There were few things that resembled Keira with other princesses but she was just as naïve as them.
“Here it is!” Aodán finally said, they had gotten a good way into the alley and taken a few turns and now they stood in front of an old, wooden door that looked neither holy nor as if it lead to a sacred place. From where they stood it looked more like they were entering a fight club with smelly, muscular men rather than a temple full of maidens. Here they were anyways. Aodán raised a fist and knocked three times at the door and sent a silent prayer hoping that Ulma was in there somewhere.
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:26 pm
Betheny says...

Ulta | 'Assassin's' Alley Hide Out

Lynx, for all that he had saved me, I didn't trust. So I pushed my way past him and hobbled down the stairs, praying that Aodán hadn't come to kill me. Quickly I composed myself and gently opened the door, only a crack and peered through the gap.
Aodán! Oh good gods, he's come to kill me. Was all that went through my mind, but I opened the door anyway.
"C-come in" I stuttered, then I saw the look in his eyes. And Kiera behind him! His face suddenly dropped when he saw me in full. Even beneath the Temple Maiden robes you could tell how bruised my body was, and my black eye and busted lip also gave me away.
"What happened?!" He demanded, although his voice remained even it seemed stange that he had said it like that. Quietly I shook my head mumbling something about telling him later while I led him, slowly, up the stairs. About half way up I stoped and turned to him.
"Aodán, please don't be mad but someone else is here. It's not Isranda," I said quickly as his eyes narrowed, "I was 'caught', for want of a better word. I don't know if you know about an assassins' punishement, but I was strung up in the market. This guy, Lynx, rescued me. I owe him a debt I have to repay." Since he had been an assassin almost since birth, I hoped he would understand. Kiera stood a few steps behind him and gently took his hand in hers. The look on her face was one of concern, and Aodán suddenly relaxed, as if the whole world went away with her touch. All the pain and suffering he'd been through just went away. He gave me small tight nod. I continued to lead the way up the stairs.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

424 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 pm
Demoness says...

Keira - Assassin's Alley Hide Out

Keira looked with big, innocent eyes on the girl infront of her. Only a few hours earlier she had met a beauty, she'd even envied the girl for knowing Aodán in another life but now all she felt was compassion, which was very unusual for being her. Ulma had covered her body in a robe but it was impossible not to notice how wounded and scarred she was. Her face was more blue and swollen than skincoloured and naturally beautiful as before. Their were also cuts and scars on the little you could see of her arms and legs and you could see that she was in pain judging by the crouched, limping way she walked. Keira surprised herself again by resisting an impulse to let go of Aodán's tense but warm hand and run up and hug the girl. Keira wasn't much of a hugger, and before she had met Aodán she hadn't cared or felt for anyone but herself. All though now she felt very strongly for this girl that she barely knew and that could be a possible rival of hers. All though, how bruised and hurt Ulma was the darkness that lit in Aodáns eyes made her stay close to him. He rarely showed any emotion, but she had seen his anger a few times, and his pain at other occasions... but this was pure fury. The vision of Ulta and her wounded condition had triggered something inside of him and his eyes darkened as they filled with hatred, anger and pain.

"Aodán" Keira whispered and forced him to stop for a second. He wouldn't look at her nor did he seem to notice her at all but at least he stopped. She stepped up in front of him and raised both her hands and placed them on one side of his head each.

"Look at me Aodán!" She said loudly, causing Ulma to stop aswell. Aodán locked his fists and Keira noticed he was shaking slightly, or trembling even. He clenched his jaws as to stop himself from screaming and then slowly he let his eyes wander towards her.

"Aodán it's okay, whatever it is, it's okay." Keira said and then she got up on her toes and kissed him once before taking a new grip around his hand and nodding at Ulta to keep walking. She felt Aodáns tremblings slowly fade and felt pleased at managing to calm him down a slightl bit at least, even though his dead silence worried her and his darkened eyes scared her.
Last edited by Demoness on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

18 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 pm
DSF6647 says...

Lynx | Assassin’s Alley Hideaway

Lynx was good at a lot of things, but reading people was one of his specialties. A life spent serving a Slave Lord, and protecting the man, meant he could read people from a mile away. How they smiled, stood, acted, and what words they chose to use were like windows into their souls. Crossed arms or legs meant they were being defensive, and though a smile could be reassuring, it could also be a threat in some circles. He could spot someone trained in combat by how they moved, and he could tell what social graces they had been raised in by how they conducted themselves socially. He wasn’t perfect or flawless, and a well trained actor could fool him, but he knew the act well himself. He had played multiple parts in his life as a body guard and rebellion leader.

As soon as Ulta came up the stairs with her two guests, he felt the atmosphere change. It was a subtle shift, but suddenly things became more stifling, intense, and dangerous. They all came in warily, and he suddenly felt like a mouse surrounded by three cats. He was more then confident enough to believe he could hold his own and handle himself. The number of life or death situations he had been in were too numerous to count. This was quickly shaping up to be one of those situations. He was the unwanted person, the thorn in your side, the headache you wished to get rid of. He wasn’t wanted, which was never a healthy thing.

He watched Ulta limp along, her face contorted into a soft grimace as she ignored the pain that was no doubt pulsing through her body. She seemed just as tense as he felt. Her posture, though pained, echoed nervousness and caution. She kept glancing at him, and the two guests, almost as if she was unsure of how things were about to go down.

Her companions however were the ones Lynx was really interested in. The male was a rigid man. His face was impassive and smooth, handsome for sure, and he moved with a cat like grace. His feet hardly seemed to touch the floor, and he avoid all the spots on the floor that might squeak or make noise. In truth he was almost soundless as he entered, a mere wraith or shadow.

Holding his hand was a young girl with raven black hair, and sparkling emerald eyes that dared anyone to question her. She possessed a raw, natural beauty. Whether it was the black feathers of hair that fell across her face, or those sultry lips, he wasn’t quite sure. Her posture was one of the first things he noticed. She stood tall, graceful and domineering. It was the look of someone who gave orders and had them followed, someone who was important and knew it.

What an odd pair, Lynx thought as they slowly entered the room and eyed him warily. It’s the lion and the lamb.

Ulta had slowly sat herself down on her seat, and hesitantly motioned over toward Lynx. “This is Lynx, the one I told you about.”

Lynx smiled at them, and slowly stepped forward with a soft bow. The movement caused the young man to stiffen, and he unconsciously took a step in front of the girl. Protective I see, Lynx thought as his eyes caught the knife at the young man’s side. The man’s hand strayed toward the hilt of his dagger, but didn’t draw it. “I am Lynx, a man of many questionable talents, as I am sure our lovely Ulta has told you. I am merely here too assist, tell me what I can do to help and I will do my best to accommodate, no matter the request.” He said the last bit as a playful hint, but from the look on the two newcomer’s faces it obviously wasn’t well received. If anything the protective young man squeezed the girls hand a little hard.

Oh well, Lynx thought with a sigh, Not everyone is as free when it comes to making love.

OOC: Okay so I didn't do a lot because... i didn't know what to do. I wasn't even sure if your characters wanted to reveal their names Demoness. So I kind of left it open. Lynx will help with anything they need. Supplies, a place to hide out, information on what is going on... just take the lead and I will follow

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:35 am
ScarlettFire says...

Nasira | Temple - Rafters:

She glared at Soren. He was pushing it and they both knew what would happen if they were caught. Nasira tugged the skirts of the Maiden's dress up and tucked them under her. It wouldn't be helpful for them to be hanging down so someone could see them. Nasira glanced down the hall and paused. Isranda was marching down the hall towards the Maiden's room. She'd been following them--until they'd ducked into the room just now. It frustrated her. She was meant to be setting up a trap for the mage and the High Priestess! Instead, she was crouched in the rafters of Temple Arasya with a fellow assassin.

"Well, what now?" she whispered when the Priestess had pounded on the door and the fumbling dark haired girl opened the door. She didn't know her name, just that she wore a silver necklace. While he was thinking--because he clearly wasn't doing anything else, sitting there like he was--she reached into the depths of the gown's skirts and freed her dagger from it's hiding place against her left thigh. She slanted him a look. "Soren, are you even listening?"

He blinked and glanced her way. In the dim light up in the rafters, it looked like his eyes glinted. Nasira twisted the handle of her dagger and withdrew a little green glass vial. Poison, and rightly so. She frowned, eyeing the way Isranda was yelling at the girls. They cringed and Nasira wanted to laugh, but didn't. She'd reveal their hiding place if she did--and besides, she had better control of herself than that. She fingered the vial of poison that had been hidden in the handle of her dagger and contemplated slipping a little into the Priestess's drink. Right before she killed the Mage and put the dagger in the Isranda's hands. Murder and then suicide. She grinned. All involved in her little plot silenced.

"Don't," Soren hissed, snatching the vial out of her hands. Nasira glared at him. "Didn't I tell you it was getting too obvious?" The female assassin scowled at him and snatched it back, returning the vial to its hiding place.

"I was only considering it," she hissed back. "You didn't think I'd actually go through with it, did you?" She returned the dagger to it's holster on her thigh, slowly. Too much sound and they'd be noticed. He watched the entire time she had her skirts pulled up. Nasira considered slapping him but threw it out straight away. Slapping him would make noise and noise would attract attention. She couldn't risk it. Besides, she could always slap him later. For now, though, she could glare.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm
SisterItaly says...

Alycia | Aisha's room

"Girls, you know lying is wrong and it is unacceptable behavior for a maiden!" Mistress's face was as red as a tomato as she lectured us, I could feel my very spine shaking as she yelled. Aisha stood her ground and insisted we weren't lying, and that we wouldn't lie about something this serious. We knew all the girls in the temple were in serious danger with those assassins running around and plotting like they were.

"Mis-mistress. We aren't lying. I swear it on my mother's grave." My voice was quiet and broken, but it held the promise I had wanted it to. Mistress didn't seem to believe me in the least, but Aisha gave me a thankful look for at least trying. I quickly bowed my head to look back down at my hands again.

"You two are to stay in here for the night, and if you are found wandering about you will be punished." Mistress turned and left the room, slamming the door behind her and making me cringe. Aisha stood and stared at the door with balled fists for a moment, neither of us spoke or moved. I smoothed out the folds of my dress and brushed my hair out of my face as I stood. "I'm sorry, Aisha."
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 am
Shadowlight says...

Hector/outside the city walls in the forest:

I rode along in silence, with Kosey by my side, he seemed more preoccupied than usual- he was probably thinking about his long lost twin again. He always got like this, the closer it got to winter. he was starting early but he was like that sometimes.

I didn't mind the silence. Kosey and I could do that, be on one another's company for hours-not saying a word and be perfectly at ease. I needed the quiet right now, I sat drinking in the clean air trying to calm my frayed nerves.

How could they accuse me of my fathers death!? how could they not trust in my ability to lead my people? I had trained for years to do just that and I was no child! my father was barely older than be when he took the throne. If it had been any other man besides General Tarasel, I might have had a chance of defeating the regent proposal.

"Kosey." I said turning in my saddle, my stallion Tempest snorted slightly and stomped his foot- impatient beast. Kosey started slightly and smiled- he was jumpy today.

"You seem on edge little brother, are you alright?" he shrugged carelessly, a little to carelessly.

"Oh I'm fine, just lost in thought that's all."

(that's all i got, sorry it's so short Fang, I'm still not sure how to write for the fox yet. :) )
Last edited by Shadowlight on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:33 pm
Betheny says...

Ulta | 'Assassin's' Alley Hide Out

Sat on my seat with my legs crossed, a surely deffencive position but the only way I would be comfortable, I could feel the tension in the air as if it were as solid a house. Lynx made his introduction, adding a playful hint at the end. You fool, I thought Two of the three of us are assassins who will have no need of you while the other a princess who will not want of you. Slight pain was obvious on Keira's face as Aodán held tightly onto her hand, almost unaware of what he was doing. I hated the darkness in his eyes. When he had seen me batered and broken it came then and now, as he was protecting her, like he couldn't make his mind up who he wanted to care for. I saw his free hand caress my dagger at his belt, I saw the memories he had for so long fought slowly rising back to the surface. Did Keira know what his past had been like? Who he had been before he had met her? I doubt it, he'll have lied to her. Just like he did to you. That horrible part of me kept whispering until I silenced it with the words of hope But he loves her, it's so obvious on his face. And he didn't lie to me, he just didn't tell the whole thruth... Nothing was happening. Aodán was just starring down Lynx even though he wasn't even looking back.
"Donn?" I said, I didn't want to give away thier identities to Lynx so I used the codes names we'd been given so long ago... "You know it's rude to stare," The whole idea was to get them talking, or him at least. But it was Keira who answered me.
"Ulta, is it?" I nodded, "Why are you like that? Um, you look as if you've been in a fight."
"I have, kind of. After I'd left you two in the forest I had to go collect an assassinment on what to do next. When I got there I found the messenger dead, but the letter was still there. Isranda used me to get you-"
"Tried to anyway" Lynx interupted sarcsticly
"My 'usfulness had been fufilled' aparently. I was then ambushed by guards and beaten. The next thing I remember is getting strung up in the market. A good friend came to see me but I sent her back to the Temple so that she could warn you," I tried a weak smile but could tell it wasn't well received.
"You're forgetting my rescue!" Added Lynx insistantly
"And now, now, I want to kill Isranda".
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

424 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:54 am
Demoness says...

Aodán - Assassin's Alley Hide Out

Aodán stared at Ulta with mere surprise and a slight bit of shock. Of all the people that had wished to slay Isranda, not that they were few and not that Aodán wasn't one of them, but still, of all of those people, Ulta wasn't the first he would expect to actually intend to do it. Yet Aodán could see it in her eyes that this was a sincere wish, she had been betrayed by the temple-maiden and now she wanted revenge. She couldn't do it alone though, there would be too much emotion. Rule number 7 amongst assasins; Never make it personal. Personal kills are reckless and never go as planned. Ulta may want to kill Isranda more than any of those who only knew of her, or knew her briefly, like Aodán, but she would be reckless and it might lead to her death. Aodán had abandoned her once before, now she was hurt both inwardly and on the outside... he didn't have a choice. He had to help.

"I'll go with you, she wanted you to get me, so it won't look suspicious if the two of us ask to see her. It will look only as if you fulfilled your mission, she will be pleased and then we strike." Aodán explained and shuddered when his old self started to slip through. The power of the kill, he hated to kill because he loved it. He was filled with dark, strengthening power every time he sinned, and it felt so good, and he disgusted himself for it. He hated the kill for it, he hated himself for it. He turned to look at Ulta, she nodded silently, approving but also slightly guilt-stricken. Then he turned to Lynx, Aodán had noticed how carefully he tried to hide his expressions behind that crooked smile but Aodán had been trained to see everything, and he saw the fear. Now though, some of it had faded, he must have realized he wasn't the main target here, he was nothing to them, they didn't need him. Or did they? Aodán turned one last time, now to face Keira. Maybe they needed Lynx, maybe Aodán needed him to take care of Keira. Keiras face was filled with pain, she held her posture with pride and confidence, but she was hurt, he could sense that.

"Keira" Aodán whispered and wrapped his arms around her slim body. She hid her face from him, but he felt the invisible tears wet his shirt. They didn't need to say anything, they rarely did even though Keira often spoke just because she loved the attention, but when it came to things of serious matter they spoke best with silence. Keira knew Aodán needed this and she understood after the glance Aodán gave Lynx that he wanted her to use him to get what she came here for.

"Ulta, is he... Lynx, can I trust him?"

"No." Ulta said stiffly.

"Will he hurt her?" Aodán asked instead, nodding towards Keira.

"No." Ulta answered just as plainly as before, acting more like Aodán than Aodán himself. But it was enough, Keira trusted nobody but him anyways and Aodán wouldn't have trusted him even if Ultas answer was yes. He believed he wouldn't hurt her though, he didn't strike him as that kind of guy. Yet he slipped Keira his knife and kissed forehead after whispering "Go get what you came for, then I'll come find you, I promise. And Keira, don't be too proud." He didn't say, I love you, but it was given that he meant it, she knew that.

"Lynx." Keira said after wiping away the tears nobody but Aodán new she had cried. Aodán felt a lumb in his throat when Keira untangled herself from his grip and walked across the wooden floor and stopped infront of Lynx.

"Yes, miss." Lynx answered and again that smile spread across his face. Aodán swallowed hard, he had to use all of his strength to stay put and not run up to get her again.

"Will you take me to the castle?"

"The castle?"

"I think I forgot to intruduce myself. I'm Keira, Princess Keira." She spoke with pride, such pride.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:44 pm
Synnoev says...

Amar/Soren | Temple Rafters

Caira glared at me again, and I offered a sheepish smirk. Evidently she had caught my eyes wandering, despite my minimal attempts to hide it. The assassin's glare intensified, and she continued to glare a hole in my head for a moment for before looking down at the scene below once more. Isranda had ceased her shouting, turning on heel to walk back the way she had come.

Ignoring her scowl, I reached out to silently pull at Caira's arm, gesturing to the mage as she wandered away, and made to crawl across to the next rafter, staring at the woman pointedly as I did so. She glanced from the mage to where I was gesturing, then nodded with some reluctance, tiptoeing forward to move from rafter to rafter with practised ease.

"We'll follow her to her chambers, then set the trap," she whispered almost inaudibly, and I shook my head.

"It's too obvious," I repeated. "Those maidens saw us. We need to get a feel for the area, then return next week once we've set our plan."

She rolled her eyes but said nothing, and the rest of the journey to Isranda's chambers were made in silence, the only sound the soft patter of the mages feet against tiles and the muffled tiptoe of our steps as we carefully made our way across the rafters.

Once we had arrived, Caira looked around the area, keeping one eye fixed on the Priestess below as she peered into the corners of the room, looking over the walls in attempts to see who the other rooms belonged to. After a few moments, she gestured to me, her voice low and urgent. "Come here," she whispered. "Look at-"

"I know you're there, little thieves."

The Priestess' voice rang strong within the room, stopping us both mid-thought, and we looked down to see Isranda staring up at the pair of us, her gaze hard and cold. I swallowed uncertainly. It was over. We'd been caught.

18 Reviews

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:18 pm
DSF6647 says...

OOC: Oooo I like, good job Demoness

Lynx | Assassin’s Hideout

"I think I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Keira, Princess Keira." She spoke with pride, such pride.

Lynx felt a thin sheen of sweat break out across his forehead. “My Lady,” he said smoothly with an easy bow, “It is an honor to meet you. However I was under the influence that Princes Keira was… no longer still among the living?”

He was surprised by Keira’s bold smile. She met his grin with one just as fierce, “Indeed, rumors and lies do seem to grow around these parts, you seem like an intelligent man however. Tell me Lynx, am I lying?”

She’s confident, Lynx realized, Very confident. He could detect no hint or lie from her. Her eyes remained firmly locked on his, and her smile didn’t twitch or move. Her body posture was strong and confident, arms place on the sides, and feet apart. It was a trusting stance, and he couldn’t believe it but he felt like she was telling the truth. “If you are who you say,” Lynx whispered cautiously, “Then you are perhaps one of the most powerful, and endangered people in Asyra at the moment.”

This seemed to surprise her, and she stepped back, blinking a bit before asking, “What do you mean?”

“You might have heard, but the Council is debating whether to crown your brother, or to vote in a Regent to help govern him. You however appearing like this could offer a whole new game.” He paused for a moment and asked, “I am not sure if you are aware of this, but do you know that you’re father is dead?”

“I do,” Keira replied softly.

“And do you know that he was murdered?” This surprised her and she glanced quickly over at Ulta and Aodan, a question written clearly on her face.

“It’s true,” Ulta cautiously answered, “He was murdered in the Palace. People say it was a very skilled assassin, and what’s more they say the Queen is sick and dying. Some say it is grief, and others that her body is ravaged by poisons and so she will soon pass.” Ulta glanced at Keira and whispered, “I am sorry to have to tell you about all this. Most of this information is only just being released.”

Lynx watched the young princesses digest this information, and he was impressed with how well she took it. “So someone murdered my Father, and tried to kill my mother. And even now my brother stands close to loosing the throne, at least for a while.”

“You are smarter then that Princess,” Lynx softly said, “Don’t lie to yourself about matters. Look at what is before you, and tell me what you think is happening.”

Keira didn’t look angry at the soft rebuke. She simple nodded her head, and said, “Someone is trying to stop my family from taking the throne, and they seem to be willing to kill to do it.”

“Indeed,” Lynx whispered, “They use assassins.” He glanced over at Ulta and Aodan, “On the bright side you seem to have two here with you, so protection will hopefully not be too much of a problem. What do you think will be one of their first moves when you reveal yourself?”

“To kill me,” she answered at once.

“They wouldn’t dare,” Aodan snapped, his face flushing with rage.

“They might,” Lynx said with a small shrug. “Or they might decide they could use her more than Hector and seek to eliminate him. I don’t know, I just want you to be aware of what is happening. If you still want to go then I can sneak you in, is there anyone you would want to talk to specifically?”

Keira hesitated for a brief moment, then slowly nodded. “We should go to my mother, if anyone will know how to handle this she will.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Lynx said with a grin. He turned to Ulta and handed her a couple of vials he had pulled out of his cloak. “Take these, there simple potions, pain killers to be honest. They won’t heal, but they will dull the pain and give you adrenaline. You may need it when hunting down the Priestess, and as for your payment… we shall discuss it later. For now you simply owe me a favor!” He moved to go, but paused as an idea formed in his mind. "Actually..." he murmured, turning back to Ulta, "I do have a way that you can pay back part of your debt, and accomplish your own mission at the same time. I am in need of acquiring a couple of... Temple Maidens. when you go to kill Isandra take a couple of her girls with you, and you can consider the debt you own me partially repaid."

He then turned back toward Keira and clucked his tongue a bit. “You my dear,” he said with a big grin, “Need to go shopping! The one you have on is nice, but if I am to get you in the palace, you will need to be an upstanding Lady. Fashion changes and we the good folk must change with it!”

“How do you plan on getting me in?” Keira asked as Lynx motioned toward the door, “And I don’t really have much money to buy clothes…”

“I have money my dear,” Lynx assured her with a smile, “And maybe we can even stop by the local gambling house while we are out to make a bit more! And as far as getting you in, I have a friend named Captain Oswald, who should be able to help us with that!”
Last edited by DSF6647 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus