z

Young Writers Society

City of Secrets *Started | Permission Only*

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 am
Redfang18 says...

Kosey | The Fox's Den

As Kosey studied the entire room, he also discovered that the walls had snowflakes painted on them. This was no surprise to Kosey. His own room in the palace was full of snowflakes from the floor to the ceiling. It was one of the most kindest of things Hector's parents have ever done since they took him in. At this, Kosey closed his eyes and remembered that day when he lost his own parents.

Kosey: age 7 | His childhood home

Kosey was just making a flute out of ice when he smelled fire and heard his father shouting that he would never let soldiers take his son and wife from him. Kosey's mother ran into his bedroom and took him outside. He asked timidly, "Mama, what's happening?"
His mother answered quietly, "Get out of sight, Kosey. Don't let the soldiers see you. Stay out of sight and don't move until your father and I come back for you." She kissed his forehead, then ran back inside the house.
Kosey hid in the bushes, but his parents never came for him. He watched in horror and sorrow as the house went on fire, claiming both seven years of memories and his loving parents. He ran to a garden and curled up in it, crying loudly as the horror that he saw played in his mind over and over. He no longer had a home to live in or a family to love and live with. He cried so much, he almost didn't hear the sound of feet coming his way. He jumped when someone asked, "What's wrong?" He looked up and saw the Crown Prince Hector himself.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 am
Shadowlight says...

Hector/Palace:

I jumped up in protest as Tarasel got up, with more energy then I felt myself.

"I'm too old to spend my final years dying." he said, waving me away. "I have army businesses to run." I almost laughed at him- the old battle ax wouldn't rest, even if he WERE dying.

“Your not old Tarasel, your just sick! Aban is attending to the military businesses right now and I am not as incompetent as you and the council seem to think. Maybe you should heed your own words and take time off, you've been going non stop since papa died.” I spoke lightly but it was false mirth- my words I meant seriously. He turned on me sharply.

“Aban cannot do everything Hector, he is young like you.” Tarasel moved about the room quickly, yet he seemed stiff, I noticed him wince in pain once or twice.

-He is getting older, he's stiff in the joints.

I know I shouldn't have felt it but the belittling way he spoke of Aban rankled me slightly.

-what the hell did he have against Aban? Or me for that matter? Did the fact we were young make us unworthy of responsibility? I was twenty three, not a child, and Aban was almost thirty!

“Aban is perfectly capable of the responsibilities set before him, I have faith in him, you should too.” the words were out of my mouth before I had even realized I was speaking out loud. Tarasel turned around eyes slightly widened, I think I surprised him.

“Aban is too young to-”

“Aban is almost thirty uncle Tarasel, correct me if I'm wrong but you had even more responsibilities then he does at a far younger age. You need to trust him, that he is capable.” I paused looking him in the eye, “You need to trust me, that I am capable.” He looked at me, fire in his tired eyes, he spoke with the passion I had seen him use in front of his men, or the council once in a while.

“Hector don't be foolish! your too young to be king now- The weight of responsibility would kill you. Don't be blinded by your pride, any mistakes you make will throw you into the fire of their hatred.”

“Then I must burn!” I cried back, feeling the fire my eyes must have been holding. “Why won't you listen to me? Why don't you trust me? It's not my pride, it's my responsibility- I do not aspire to be great or to be anything but a good and just king, why won't you see that?!”

My emotions and temper once again got the better of me and turning on my heel I left the room, ignoring his cries of “Hector wait!”

-Why won't he listen? Why won't he understand?

(Sorry I didn;t get the flashback in here Redfang- it wasn't fitting as I had hoped it would have. also Hector is on the brink emotionally and physically- he hasn't slept properly since his father died and he forgets to eat. He is going to be snappy and high strung right now. 8D)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:42 am
SubjectBlue says...

Tarasel- alone

He turned angrily, and left- slamming the door behind him.
I shook my head sadly- Darienis have never taught him proper politics, I shouldn't have allowed him to neglect the boy's education for so long- I opened the door and exited the room- I had no intention of sitting and doing nothing- there was so much to be accomplished.
I looked at the guard that was watching this area of the palace- Aban's man, or the queen's- they're starting to be problematic, spying on me
I recalled the man's name- Larrin- who noticed my gaze and gave me a polite nod.
I still have plenty of agents... I walked by him, I knew he would follow, 'keeping me safe', He had no idea what was his future...
I noticed one of my men- a palace guard, and very capable and loyal agent- or soldier.
"General Tarasel." He greeted me.
"Yes, Tucker?"
I looked at larrin- "I don't think I'm at risk at the moment, you may wait outside."
He wasn't very happy, but he left- obviously marking Tucker in his head as a potential agent of mine.
"I have important news, my lord!"- Julius started.
I paused him with a jest of my hand: "You, the agent and I are going for a walk, we will go to a private place in the garden- I know just the place, when he will be brutally attacked and murdered by an assassin, who will be killed by you during arrest, the assassin's identity is Marill, he's a gardener here. make it quick and clean."
He nodded- he knew his work well.
I stepped outside- "Larrin- I feel that two guards will be a safer company, so Tucker will accompany us to our walk in the garden."
He nodded, smiling, He thought he was so smart.

We were surrounded by the green, high trees and bushes- completely unseen.
"Larrin, will you be so kind to bring me some leaves from the bush there- I've been told they are very good for health issues."
Larrin nodded, walked there, and bowed to collect those leaves, then Tucker quickly stepped closer, grabbed him by the shoulder, and jabbed a curly, sharp dagger through the plates of the man's armour, piercing his heart.
He then leaped into the shadows, coming back with the body of Marill on his shoulder, the scene was then arranged- and an alarm raised.
I sat at my guarded room, this time, due to the confusion raised in the palace, they were all my men.
"Tucker, what did you wanted to tell me?"
He looked at me cautiously, fearing the news he carried: "Princess keira is back, and she's in the palace."
I turned to another one of them: "Find Nasira, I don't care where, I want the girl dead."

(OOC: I thought it's time I'd show Tarasel being the bad guy and all.)
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am
Demoness says...

Keira - The Palace

Lynx had helped her get away from the crowded rooms and taken her outside. They'd been spending the next few hours just wandering around the lawns both of them sunk down in their own minds and thoughts. Keira had passed numerous of guards, servants, butlers and other people serving the palace and its people but it seemed as if the news of Princess Keira's return hadn't passed between many tongues. The memory of Tucker's face, filled with everything but relieve and happiness to her return, shone infront of Keira's eyes. Why hadn't he told anyone? What was going on? Keira made up her mind. She needed to speak to her brother, she needed him to help her, he was, after all, her brother - he would be happy to see that she was alive. He had to.

"Lynx, I need to take care of something... you... do whatever you want until I return."

"My lady, what are you planning to do?"

"I'm not sure but... off you go!" Keira waved impatiently with her left hand and then she turn her back on the confused Lynx, but the General's face showed nothing.

Keira walked with determination over the neatly cut lawns with her eyes set on a guard near the gates.

"Excuse me." She said as her finger tip touched his shoulder to fully catch his attention. The guard swiftly turned around and seemed to be blown away by her appearance - but she didn't notice recognition in his face, his amazement must have had more to do with her beauty than her title.

"My lady." The guard said and bowed slightly. Keira smiled at the gesture, this man didn't know exactely who she was but he realized she should be treated with respect.

"I need you to arrange a meeting between me and the prince.... or king, or.... nevermind. Can you do that?"

"Eeh... My lady, not just anyone can be allowed to meet with him.

"I'm not just anyone!" Keira whined stubbornly but then she cleared her thorat and spoke again. "I'm the Pr..." She hesitated for a moment, considering if it was really wise to reveal her true identity like this. "Prophet... I'm a Prophet." She finally said.

"Prophet?" The guard asked and his eyes widened. Keira smiled inwardly, his facial expression showed he was a believer - he would try his best to catch the Prince's attention - of that she was certain.

"I'll be waiting by the fountain." She said with a bare whisper before she turned her back to him and wandered off again, but behind her she could heard the guard panting as he quickly rushed towards the Palace entrance to seek the Prince out.

Aodán - Temple

Aodán hurried to get out of the hallway and follow in line with the other assassins. The girl, who he was now convinced was an assassin - and that he'd seen her before but his memory was still fogged and he couldn't remember where from, or even her name, had surprised him with her sudden act of sharing out commands. She spoke with confidence and her eyes pierced straight through him making him, Aodán who didn't listen or trust anyone, obey.

Aodán looked back at Ulta, she was dragging the Temple Maiden she'd choked behind her as they all slid inside the room that the girl had unlocked with her certain skills. Aodán turned back and helped by putting the unconcious girls arm over his shoulders and helped Ulta carefully put her down in the middle of the room.

When they'd all gotten inside and the door has shut behind them a silence spread across the room. At first Amar and the girl seemed to be playing some silent cat and mouse game which the girl eventually won, but after that the girl stood still just throwing glances at the door and on the others a little now and then, as if she was waiting for something. Ulta just sat still on the floor staring at the girl as if she was mezmerized at how still she was.

Aodán sighed, this wasn't at all what he'd planned. He was supposed to be on his way to Keira now, she must've gotten to the Palace by now - the place where she was the most vurlnable, and he wasn't there to protect her.

Aodán needed to do something so with determination he walked across the floor and straight towards the girl, he grabbed her by the wrist and forced her to look at him but then he hesitated for a second. He face, those eyes, that cold smirk - he knew this girl, suddenly, it all became clear to him.

"You!" He snarled and took a harder grip around her wrist.
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 pm
Shadowlight says...

Hector/Hallway of palace:

I was fuming. No raging. No I was a volcano in full scale eruption as I stormed though the halls.

-What did he have against me?! Why, even now, did he treat me like a petulant child? My father, was dead, killed in a back alley like some piece of trash. My mother, the queen was dying from some poison that no one knew how to stop. The kingdom was falling apart about our ears and HE is worried about how it might look if I take the throne now? What the hell happened in other countries when the kings died?!
Did THEIR princes wait to take the throne for fear of appearance? No! They stepped into their fathers shoes- of course except here. God forbid we actually do something without agonizing over it for months! We didn't have months, our enemies both within and without were watching us like a wolves- waiting until the shepherd turns his back to strike, and our shepherd was dead- we were in mortal danger.

“Damnation!” I roared stopping suddenly and beating my fit against a pillar, one beat for each curse. “Damnit, damnit, damnit!”

“Excuse me my prince?” A voice said behind me, I turned temper still an inferno.

“What?!” I half roared before I realized who it was- only a gate guard, I sighed, temper doused suddenly. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to turn on you like that.”

He had flinched back at my shouting but then seemed genuinely surprised by my apology. He stuttered and stammer for a moment, unsure of what to say. I blinked slowly, a raging headache was slowly creeping into my mind.

“What did you need?” I asked finally, trying to prompt him. “What news?” he snapped to attention then and pointed to the way he had just come.

“There is a prophet my prince, she waits for you beside the fountain. She says she has news for you.” I blink at him again.

-....A prophet? Really? Was this man so superstitious as all that?

“She spoke with a command and was about to call you by name, sir.” he continued, obviously believing there really was a prophet outside. “She was very striking and she was wearing a very vibrant red dress-”

-what did it matter what she was wearing?”

“Alright I'll go see to it. Go back to your post, thank you.” I said waving him off, he was making my headache worse.

In a matter of moments I was outside walking down the palace stairs to the main fountain, it was a grand thing almost large enough to be a pond. Sitting on it's edge was the woman I assumed was the so said “prophet”, I stopped dead for a moment staring- something seemed off. I walked around behind and to the side of her, trying to see her face before being seen. When I had done so I let out a choked gasp, the woman, or girl really spun around to face me, jumped up and stood smiling shyly.

-Oh my god.....

“Keira?” she stepped closer,

“Hello Hector, I'm-” I didn't let her finish, but crushed her against me in a fierce hug.

“I though you were dead.” I whispered hoarsely into her hair and I held her close.

-She was alive. Oh my god, she was alive.

(hope this is alright)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

424 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 pm
Demoness says...

Keira - The Palace

Keira tried to slow her breathing, to calm herself. But she couldn't... she was nearly hyperventilating and the tears were flowing down her cheaks without seeming to end. He still cares! The Keira she'd been for the last couple of years were blown away the minute her big brother embraced her. The wall of steel she'd built around herself, the calm, cold aura she'd kept up for the world to see - it was all gone. It was the innocent little sister that buried her face against her big brothers chest.

"Oh Hector - I nearly was! I was supposed to be dead, I was supposed to die!" Her voice was as hoarse as his and she was nearly shaking now. All the feelings she was supposed to have felt the moment Aodán held the knife against her throat and which she should have been processed during all these years now overwhelmed her. If Aodán could see her now, he wouldn't recognize her - he probably would have wished he'd killed her when he had the chance.

Aodán had always admired her strength, and had been astonished with how cooly she handled everything. He liked that she kept her emotions hidden and was as deceptive as him - Keira knew that he liked that she was damaged because it made him think he deserved her. He wanted her broken on the inside, but he needed her strong facade. He never wanted innocent, Princess Keira - He wanted confident, cold runaway-Keira.

I need to calm down, deep breaths, calm down Keira! She kept chanting repeatedly to herself and then she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. Then she pulled herself out of Hectors grip, wiped her face clean from tears and restored her wall of steel. Her eyes returned to being cryptic and impossible to read. Then she spoke again.

"I'm back. Tell the court, tell the servants, guards and people - The Princess has returned." These words she spoke with confidence and determination but she couldn't help but silently whisper, "I missed you" before putting on a smile of indifference and pride.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 am
ScarlettFire says...

Nasira | Temple - Previously Locked Room:

Nasira yelped, tugging at the assassin who held her wrist in an iron grip. "Me?" she gasped, backing up a step and into Soren. "What about me? What did I do?" The man shook her and Nasira lashed out with her free hand, grabbing Soren's arm by pure accident. "Let me go!" She should have known this face! She had worked a job with him once. When she got away from here, she was going to kill that damned man! She should have known. The General may have raised her as his own, in many ways, but he was never that kind.

"You!" he said again and suddenly, Nasira had a name to go with the face. "I should have known!"

"Aodán!" she gasped. It had been years! Why was he back? Nasira's gaze went cold and she gave the other assassin a chilling glare. "I suggest you let me go now," she said in a calm voice, her free hand releasing Soren to drift down and tug up her skirt, aiming to remove her dagger from its sheath on her thigh. "I am here to kill Isranda," she added, tugging again to try and get him to release her. He refused to move.

The other female assassin suddenly looked up from her study of the unconscious Maiden. "You? Kill Isranda?" she said and snorted. Nasira shot her a glare. "I'm here to do that."

"I'm here to do that," Nasira argued, scowling. "I was given the job." The other female assassin snorted right back, laughing. From the corner of her eye, Nasira noticed Soren giving Aodán a very strange look, as if he knew him.

"Amar," said Aodán, grinning at the other man. "Long time no see."

Nasira turned on Soren. "Amar?" she said, confused. "Amar? I thought you told me your name was Soren!"

Aodán pulled Nasira back round to face him. "Nasira," he said, and it was a warning.

"Nasira?" Soren-turned-Amar said, sarcasm dripping from the words, "I thought you told me your name was Caira." Nasira turned pale and started to claw at Aodán's hand. The man winced but his grip on her didn't budge. This situation had gotten way out of her hands, way too fast.

"Look," she said, trying to ignore the looks both men were giving her. "Can we just get in, kill Isranda, nab some Maidens and get the hell out of the Temple already? It's not helping us by sitting here!"

"She has a point," the other female said, adding her thoughts to the discussion.

((Sorry about the slight god-modding here, but I thought it was time Nasira and Amar had the truth revealed. Nasira is panicking because she's been backed into a corner/been pushed too far. So, yeah. Let's get on with it, shall we?))
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm
Synnoev says...

Amar

Nasira... I'd heard that name before, whispered fearfully in alleyways and murmured amongst assassin circles. So this was her? I had no idea how she had come to know Aodán, but their reunion hardly seemed amicable. This was ridiculous. We had other things to worry about than feuds between assassins. We were all working towards the same goal, or at least it seemed.

"I agree with Cai- Nasira. We need to split up and get a move on. Too many people have noticed us already. We need to get rid of the Temple Maidens who saw us earlier - This one won't remember a thing." I nudged the unconscious Maiden with one foot, my manner dismissive, then continued. "Nasira and I will go and find the Temple Mai-"

"What?" Nasira interrupted coldly, her eyes narrowed in irritation. "Our mission is to kill Isranda. You can go to kidnap the Maidens if you want, but I'm going after the real mission. It's my duty."

I snorted, barely managing to stop myself from rolling my eyes. "You're being stupid. We know where the Maidens are that we need to get rid of. They don't."

"So you go with one of them!"

"Oh? Which one would you prefer to go with? The one you're fighting with?" -I gestured to Aodán briefly- "Or the other one you're fighting with?" I swung my arm to point towards Ulta, and Nasira's scowl deepened again.

"I don't need either. I can go by myself."

I let out a frustrated groan, scrunching my eyes together in annoyance before an idea struck me. I opened one eye slyly, looking down at Nasira with a contemplative expression.

"What is that face for?" she asked suspiciously, her anger fading slightly, and I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Nothing. Just thinking about how best to persuade you otherwise."

"Persuade," she repeated scathingly, apparently unconvinced. "What do you mean by per-"

Deeming the moment right, I reached down quickly, pressing her lips hard against hers to shut her up. If all this went to plan, we would be out of her in mere moments. A surprised noise came from Ulta, and I felt Nasira pushing away from me angrily.

"What do you think you're doing?!" she exclaimed loudly and furiously, pushing me away with both hands, a murderous expression on her face. I grinned down at her, my head tilted to one side innocently.

"Persuading you, of course."

"If you think that-"

I ignored her cheerfully, taking advantage of her surprise to pick her up and throw her over my shoulder, sending a quick goodbye wave towards both Ulta and Aodán as I began to walk away. The pair of them still seemed vaguely dazed by the entire incident, watching for a moment as I walked away, Nasira struggling profusely against me the entire time. Once we had gotten far enough away, I put her back down on her feet, bracing myself for the inevitable onslaught of verbal and physical abuse.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:17 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Nasira | Temple - Hallway:

"What the hell do you think you were doing!" Nasira exclaimed, uncaring of the fact that she was actually shouting now."I can't believe you just did that!" She shoved at him, trying to get a reaction out of him. "Honestly! What in all of Alamea were you thinking!" Nasira ranted on for a few minutes. "You! UGH! I still can't believe you did that!"

Amar blinked at her, acting innocent. "...did what?"

Nasira threw her hands up and made to stalk away. Amar caught her wrist and tugged her back to him. "Let me go," she hissed. Amar gave her a dark look, clearly telling her to just shut up already. She did so, but only for the moment. She'd been yelling earlier and it wasn't exactly a good idea for them to be just standing in the hallway like this.

"No." The statement was low, emotionless. Nasira stared at the other assassin. How had her emotions gotten so off-kilter? When had she started thinking like a woman and not like a cold, calculating assassin? Nasira couldn't believe how much she let this man affect her, how far she'd let him get under her skin, and in so short a time, too! "Now, are you done?" he asked, giving her a quick up-and-down glance. Nasira glared at him. "Let's go find some Temple Maidens, shall we?"

Nasira's glare deepened and she open her mouth to protest when Amar gave her a decidedly heated look. She shut her mouth and backed up a step. No man had ever given her such a look before--that she had noticed, that is. She rearranged her skirts, retrieving her dagger in the process and gave him a cold look. "Fine," she finally said. "Lead the way, Amar." He gave her a slight smirk, eyes lingering on her thigh, where they both knew her dagger's sheath sat. Then he turned and wandered off down the hall, footsteps making no noise on the cold stone. Nasira took a deep, hopefully calming breath and quickly followed him. The other two would have to sort out their killing-Isranda plan by themselves.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 pm
Betheny says...

Ulta | Inside the Temple

"Did he just kiss her?" I whispered to Aodán, who looked just as shocked as I was. He regained control of himself quickly however. "They only just learnt each other's names... Can't be lovers surely... And that's Nasira, Idahlia thought me to be ware of her and her poisons... I hope they don't capture her, she was good to me."
"Not having dooubts about this are you? I've seen you this far." He said cooly. No I wasn't having doubts. Just thinking about Isranda made my blood boil now, just what had she taught me to be?
"Just, let's go. I can hear Nasira screaming from here." I could feel the deathly stare pooring from my eyes like some disease. Moving off down the private corridor that would only lead to Isranda's room, I was set in my ways. There was no turning back now.

By the time we had stole into Isranda's chambers first light was starting to rise, faint beams of light fighting their way through Isranda's heavy curtains. The woman herself was asleep, face smooth and innocent, free of any misdeed. Oh, what a lie. Hushing Aodán as he started forward impatiently, I went and sat beside her on the bed. Gently I brushed her hair out of her face, much like a mother would to her daughter... Much like Isranda used to do me...
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

424 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:23 pm
Demoness says...

Aodán - Temple

Aodán stood a couple of feet away from the sleeping Temple Maiden letting Ulta have her moment. Nasira and Amar had taken off, they'd decided to go after the other Temple Maidens - not to kill, but to kidnap them. Aodán would've rather joined that mission but it was probably for the best that he didn't stay too close to Nasira, she reminded him too much of Keira, and Keira was a distraction to him. Aodán needed to be here, right now - dealing with Isranda and Ulta, not letting his feelings lead him astray.

Ulta arose from the side of the bed on which she'd been sitting and gave Aodán a glance of pain and sorrow but also anger and determination. She was really going to do it.

Aodán stepped across the floor until he stood only half an inch away from Ulta and put his hands on her shoulders.
"It's okay, I understand - you need to do this." He said and then leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the forehead. It was goodbye kiss - Aodán wasn't sure why he did it, but it felt like the right thing to do.

Eventually he let one of his hands seek it's way down to her waist where he found Ulta's knife safely seated in her belt. His fingers locked around it and he lifted it up so that they both got mirrored in its blade.

"Take it." Aodán whispered, his left arm had grabbed her right hand and he gently folded her fingers around the knife.

Ulta looked up at him, her eyes had changed - the sadness and pain was gone and they had darkened. Now they were filled with hatred and determination.

Aodán found himself holding his breath as Ulta turned her back on him and he watched atonished and a slight bit horrified as his sweet, innocent friend transformed fully into the coldblooded assassin she'd been trained to be.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:23 am
Redfang18 says...

Climalsi | The Palace

He rose from the bed and gave himself a long look in the mirror. His near-moss eyes look sharp and alert, but his features had the appearance of a tired peasant boy. He murmured, "I suppose that's what Kosey is. A peasant living in a royal house. How did he manage to get in here without any trouble, I might never know." He dressed himself in green to match his eyes, since it was one of his personal favorite colors. He was about to leave the room when he saw a light blue book on the writing desk. He never noticed it until now. Curious and fascinated, he sat behind the desk and opened the book at an entry that caught his attention.

Kosey- age 10

It's been three years since Hector and his parents took me in. Already I feel like I'm a part of the family. The king and queen had disciplined me the same way they do Hector and Keira, yet I'm treated like one of their own. Hector makes me feel like I was the brother he never had. After minutes of being an orphan at seven years old, I have a family again. Thank the gods I have a second chance at being a part of a family.

The Lion

Climalsi almost choked at this entry. So that was why he cried so much when he was seven. Kosey was orphaned at seven, but taken in by the Crown Prince at the same age. Not only Climalsi found out the truth behind his mysterious sorrow at seven years old, but who the Lion was. He murmured to himself, "So the Lion is your own twin, Climalsi. You can't kill him, since he's really the sole surviving member of your family. You can't kill family. You made yourself promise that to the gods. What to do, now that you made it this far?" He thought it over, then took to the main hall to set his mind off Kosey.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:38 pm
Betheny says...

Ulta | Isranda's chamber

"Take it," Aodán whispered. I could sense the good bye behind his words, I could sense the good bye in the kiss he had so gently placed on my forhead, I could just sense his good bye. He had managed to hold the dagger perfectly between us so that only our eyes were reflected. I saw my own, cold... dark... neither of which I had ever been. Aodán took my right hand and folded my fingers around my blade's hilt, I couldn't not look at him. Why was he being so kind to me? Did see this as a right of passage I was yet to take, or was he yet to realise what I was about to do? I felt all innocence returning to me, a sad and unmistakable horror of unjust death, turning away I stood dagger rased above Isranda... Snap out of this! You have the chance so take it! A voice I tried so hard to silence kept raging within my head... Was this what is was like for Aodán? I was so glad I'd turned away, tears welled in my eyes, I blinked them away but it was no use. They fell, leaving fat, wet trails down my cheeks, and still I was silent.

Sitting back down beside Isranda, the tears had not stopped, I cut her cheek. Only slightly, just enought to wake her up. I wanted her to see what she had created.
"Wh-What? You're dead." Panic weaved itself through her strong voice. I smiled through my sadness.
"No, Isranda. You are," She struggled against my grip, but she'd taught me to be prepared for such eventualities. "Shh," I cooed, "You'll wake everyone up. Oh, no... You won't, because you positioned yourself so far away from everyone else, so far away from help," I stroked her hair again, my blade resting limply against her throat. "You taught me everything, you loved me like a mother would her daughter... Yet you betrayed me... Why?" My voice was so soft, so taunting in it's gentleness. Annoyingly she remaind silent, until finally:
"I did love you, and I do love you still. But you couldn't even fathom what is really going on in this city of secrets." At that my eyes dried, I didn't want her love, I wanted why. Enough, kill her now! My mind screemed, but I didn't... I threw myself into Aodán's arms insted.
"I can't do it..." I whispered.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

424 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:25 pm
Demoness says...

Aodán - Israndas Chambers

"Ulta it's okay" Aodán hushed into Ulta's hair. He felt tears burn behind his eyelids - he who never cried. He was so proud of her, yet he was jealous and the hatred he held against himself grew even bigger.

He had tried so hard to make sure she wouldn't have to this, he had wanted so badly to spare her from having to kill - because he had been convinced if given the chance she wouldn't be able to resist. But she had done what he never could've done. Only once had he chosen not to kill and it had been when Keira was the target, the Keira he loved.

Ulta on the other hand, she had been face to face with the person who'd betrayed her. The one person that was supposed to look after and love her - had betrayed her. Yet she had walked away. She had done the right thing.

Aodán was proud of her for resisting, yet he was jealous because he couldn't have done it himself. What raised the hatred inside of him though, was the fact that when Ulta had held the knife against Israndas cheek he had wanted her to kill her. The dark power within him had awakened at an instant, he'd felt it smiling inside of him and it had wanted Isranda dead so badly - he had wanted Isranda dead so badly.

Aodán felt the tears burn behind his eyelids because he had just realized something. He could never be with Keira again, he could never be with anyone ever again. He had been wrong in believing he could fight the darkness away.

"You're a cold-blooded killer Aodán - and you always will be"

"You did the right thing!" Aodán said stubbornly, making one last effort to act as if he cared - because he wanted to care, he wanted to care so badly and some part of him did. Only that part of him wasn't strong enough.

"Aodán don't leave!" Ulta husked, her voice was hoarse and weak. He shouldn't leave her like this. But she knew that he had to, just as well as he did. So gently he put her down on the floor and gave her one last goodbye kiss on the forehead before dissappearing out of the room, out of the temple - and into the quickly fading night.
Some say in ice.
Is also great

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 pm
Synnoev says...

Amar

It didn't take long for the pair of us to find our way back to the Maidens' room, Nasira following behind me in silent irritation, neither of our steps making any noise against the stone. We arrived there after only a few minutes, the corridor swathed in darkness. Nasira paused, then laid her ear against the door, listening intently for a while before pulling away and shaking her head lightly.

"There's no sound from inside," she whispered uncertainly, gaze flickering back towards the door with distrust. "It's late. They could be asleep."

I nodded in agreement. "Probably. It shouldn't make much of a difference anyway. If they scream it will at least act as a distraction from Aodán and Ulta."

Her expression turned to one of confusion, and I shrugged. "If letting them get away is the least we can do to ensure this mission goes smoothly, then so be it. At least if we got caught, they would never get hunted for Isranda's death."

Nasira watched me for a moment more, her expression unreadable, then nodded sharply. "Right," she said softly, then turned her attention back to the heavy closed door, eyeing it for an instant. "You take the taller one, and I'll take the smaller." She hesitated, then laughed slightly, more to herself than to me. "Though if you need any help with that, I'll be on guard just in case."

I snorted in reply, still somewhat taken aback by the fact that Nasira had not only smiled, she had also almost laughed. Weird. "I really doubt that will be necessary. Ready?"

She nodded quickly, and we pushed the door open to see the two Temple Maidens asleep in the room, moonlight filtering in softly through the small window.

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin