z

Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jessie:

I woke up and looked at my roommates, both of whom were still asleep. I quickly changed my clothes, a pair of light blue jeans and a t-shirt with the word SCEINCE written in bold, black letters across the chest.

As I ran my hands through my hair, pulling out the knots, something fell from the mail slot. Picking it up, I opened it and read it over. Camping!? Oh no, I'm going to die. I am going to DIE!

Pushing away the camping thoughts, I looked to my waking up roommates and said in my quiet voice, "Read this, I'm putting it on my dresser."

I walked out and headed towards Tyler's dorm.

Tyler:

"Ladies and gentlemen, that in [i]another score from Tyler Shae, he is on FIRE today!"

I ran across the rugby feild, throwing my arms in the air cheering.[/i]

My body began shaking, pulling me out of my dream. Grumpy about being taken from my good dream, I grumbled and turned to face the wall, closing my eyes and heading back to sleep.

I began to shake harder, so I said tiredly, "Whaaa?"

"Read this!" Tristan said, panic eviden in his voice.

Sighing, I sat up and took the paper from him and read over it. Camping. Looking at Tristan, I realized how much he reminded me of Jessie.

Grinding the sleep from my eyes, I then draped my arm across his shoulder and laid back, not even thinking about how he was now in an awkward position, half laying half sitting, my arm around his neck and shoulders.

"Listen baby bro-"

He cut me off, saying, "Arent I older than you?"

Holding my finger up, I closed my eyes, blocking out the bright sun, saying in my usual, overly loud voice "Just ask Jessie. Anyways, listen. Camping. I am very good at that, just ask Jessie. Last time we went, he walked around with five bottles of bug spray and a fly swatter adn refused to sleep in his tent cause there was a spider. I am the opposite. Stick with me baby brother, I'll get you through it, good?"

Just then, Jessie threw open the door, yelling, "Tyler, camping! I'm going to die!"

Rolling my eyes, I looked at Tristan and smiled, saying, "I rest my case."

Jessie then noticed the other people in the room, and got shy, looking down at his feet and mumbling something I couldn't hear.

*Hope this is alright!*
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 am
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

My eyebrow shot up as I listened to my new roomie. She had guts I must say, but she definitely talked to me like no other person would. I crossed my arms and glared at her while she left. No one talks to me like that. I slam a stall door closed and start changing. I settle for white denim short shorts, red button up, white cardigan, and red flats. I looked like a candy cane, but at least I looked like a cute candy cane.

I began curling my hair with the curling iron, then unplugged it and brought it back into my room. I made my way back towards the dining hall for breakfast. I smiled sweetly at the lunch lady.

"What'll it be?" she asked in a monotone voice.

"One baked potato and a side salad please. Also my mountain spring water," I ordered. She rolled her eyes and served the meal on my plate. I stare at the potato and glare at the lunch lady.

"Excuse me, but my potato has basil," I complained. The lady shrugged.

"So?" she asked. I gave her an angry and offended look.

"I'm allergic to basil," I clarified with an annoyed tone.

"Not my problem," she replied. Man, she's pushing it!

"You're putting one of the students on your death toll!" I exclaimed, certainly displeased. The lunch lady glared at me before replacing the basil infested potato with a regular one. I glared at the lady one more time before taking the plate and water bottle and leaving.

I noticed Mohawk- head with Robo-legs. I rolled my eyes and sat down in one of the chairs in the middle table. I began stabbing at my potato... checking if that lady put anything in it. Once I knew it was clean, I began stabbing at my salad.

(I hope Lucy isn't causing too much attention for herself! Oh, and Rainy, that was great! I'd love for Lucy and Ashley to bond in camp! :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 am
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan:

I was blushing furiously.

"J-Jessie!" my voice sounded as flustered as it usually did but the pitch was quite a couple octaves higher. Enough so that Seig started to move a bit before pushing himself up slowly, quite the look of annoyance becoming blatantly aware.

"Dude," Seig mumbled, wiping his eyes.

Jessie took this time to step back as if embarrassed, "I-I... its really not that important."

"A broken record," Tyler said, punching my arm playfully.

I shuffled from foot to foot, a bit happier that Tyler had taken his arm away from such a brotherly pose. Rather, it was constricting and I couldn't exactly run and hide if he was keeping me still. I searched blankly for words that were not exactly coming. "So.. you don't like camping?"

He blanched, turning his eyes towards the floor.

"I need coffee," Seig muttered, pushing himself up slowly.

A silence began to ensue that left an awkward churning in the pit of my stomach. So much so that I felt a sheen of perspiration cross my forehead as the blush only furthered in brightness.

"I-I should probably go-"

Tyler shoved me forward a bit, amused expression light and wholehearted. "Tristan here'll go with you."

"I'll do what?"

"Yeah, and Seig and I'll be down shortly, kay?" he was chuckling now.

I blinked, turning my eyes back and forth between Jessie and Tyler, wishing the horrible ache in my stomach would subside long enough to figure out how I was going to get out of this mess. Unfortunately, an out didn't seem to be apparent.

And, truth be told, I really did want to walk with Jessie.

~~

I hope you don't mind that I split off from Tyler and Seig. I thought it would be more practical for them to have some time to get ready before they go to the cafeteria anyways. Unless, of course, we jump to classes. Then they should all end up meeting there anyways!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

84 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 am
fictionfanatic says...

*OOC: dreamwalker, should jessie be offended by that? Hahahaha*
Live, Love, Laugh

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:44 am
Dreamwalker says...

*Have Jessie kind show he's offended. Tristan's like a moth to flame when it comes to righting wrongs he didn't mean to make xD. He'll be quick to try and make things right*
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

Laughing, I ducked from out of the shower cubicle and shoved my clothes on. I had black skinny jeans, with a red and orange fire-pattern top. I pulled on my red converses and walked out. My stomach grumbled, so I walked to the cafeteria. And the first thing I noticed was a red mohawk. I stopped. A red mohawk was far mor interesting than red and orange hair....

I sat opposite Caspia and said Hi, avoiding the girls eye. I kept looking at the cafeteria door...

"Hey," The girl said, and my head snapped up.

"You're the girl who called Lucy a bitch," I said, grinning.

"Yup, that's me,"

At that moment, Lucy sat down a table ahed of us. Our eyes caught and we waved at her mockingly.

"Hiiiiiiii!" We said in unison, with a sickly sweet voice. I saluted and hi fived ....

"I never got your name?"

"Ashley,"

"I'm Arwen..."

"Like out of Lo-"

I caught Caspian's eye, and he hid a smile. "Yes, yes, like out of Lord of The Rings,"

My gaze flickered to the cafeteria door.

"Hey, girl, are you expecting a raid on the kitchen?" I slid my eyes back.

"No .... no..." My gaze went to the door again. "Not a raid..."
Signature Pending

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 pm
Ktg17 says...

After I showered, I changed into the oufit I picked out the night before and did my hair into a messy bun. I walked down to the cafeteria and grabbed some quick breakfast before finding a seat next to some guys. I would have sat by my other roomie Ashley, but her and Arwen seemed to really be hitting it off and I didn't want to intrude, and I didn't think Lucy would want me around.

"Hey," I said to the guy sitting across from me. "I'm Anna."

"Tyler" he said looking at me and raising his hand in a semi-wave. "Why are you at this school?"

"Athletic scholarship." I answered, and this seemed to catch his attention.

"You play sports?" He asked.

I nodded. "Basketball, soccer, volleyball, and swimming."

"Nice." He gives me a smile.

"I also sing, act, and excel at English." I continue.

"Wow. I play drums and sing and play sports."

"Ya, I heard you play last night at dinner. You sounded great."

"Thanks." He gives me this dazzling smile again. I can tell he's one of those kids at my old school that would have been popular based on looks alone. But he seems-more mellow. Not as arrogant as the others. Hmm.... "Hey, do you want to shoot hoops sometime?"

"Sure. Sounds like fun."

"Great. So what do you think of the school so far? I..." He begins to tell me some story about his first day here last year, but I can't help smiling to myself through the whole thing. I think I've made another friend.

Let me know if this is a problem!

Her outfit:
Last edited by Ktg17 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

84 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:43 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Dont forget, he plays sports! Hahaha
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:43 pm
Shadowlight says...

Caspian Morley:

"Can I help you take over the world!? I'm not a cyborg, but I have a mohawk!" the girl who pinched me said laughing. it was nice to see someone who was willing to be cool about my legs-lack of legs. she was cracking jokes about it and not wigged out in the least- a real treat for someone like me. Arwen sat down with us then- I was a freaking chick magnet right now! I stuck out my hand grinning.

"Hey Arwen." I said smiling then turned back to the new girl. "I'm Caspain, weird name I know." She looked at my hand for a second, she looked uncomfortable.

"Sorry I just washed my hands." she said after a moment, blushing slightly . I shrugged it off, girls were weird with those kinds of things- I knew well enough from my sisters not to question that.

"Hey don't sweat it! If you won't shake my hands will you tell me your name?" she laughed lightly and nodded.

"No prob, I'm Ashley."

"Well it's nice to meet you."

(Two things- Sorry it's so short (I usually write longer posts I swear!) Rainy-I hope Ashley's reaction was alright with shaking hands, I assumed she has excuses for getting out of things like that. :) )
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

82 Reviews

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I glared at Red-head and Mohawk-head a they waved to me and said hi in a stupid sweet voice. Before they could turn around, I stuck up my middle finger and gave them a happy and pleased face. They turned around, and I turned around too.

I think of the camping trip as I eat my potato. Green trees, animals roaming around, bonding with other students, and campfires... God I hate that. It's like last year all over again. I looked at the stage where the Head just stepped onto. She tapped the microphone a few times to get our attention. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Good morning students. I'm sure all of you are very aware of the camping trip coming up soon," she started. I crossed my legs and rolled my eyes.

"I'm just here to explain further. All you students will be participating in fun bonding activities and courses!" she said in a happy tone. Fun, I thought to myself sarcastically.

"Now I'm sure that you're all excited about the sleeping arrangements," she continued. I groaned and shoved a carrot in my mouth. The Head began reading from a clipboard.

"Alright, I'll start with girls," I listened carefully. I heard many girl's names, but all I heard was my name with some Ashley chick. I look around for her, and see Mohawk-head groaning. No freaking way. I am not spending 2 nights with her. Then there was Arwen with Anna and Samantha. Then she announced the sleeping arrangments for the guys. Some guy named Tyler is paired with Seighart, Tristan and Caspian, and Darek, Jin, and Jessie. The Head stepped down from the stage after the announcement and headed back to her office.

I threw out what was left of my breakfast and made my way to my locker. My first class is Acting, something I am looking forward to, so I grab a blank notebook and a pen and make my way towards the Acting classroom early.

(Anyone can come to the class early and possibly talk to Lucy. :) )

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 am
Sassafras says...

Seighart Duo

The morning was more of a drag than usual. Coffee did nothing to perk me up and I was in an especially bad mood. I had no inspiration whatsoever and was currently starring down at a blank page with my hand hovering over it, waiting for something to do. My art teacher mumbling on in the front of the room like a twit helped nothing. I groaned and put my pen down, instantly reaching out for my cup of Starbucks on the edge of my desk. The caffeine calmed me a small amount but it was not enough to solve my lack of inspiration. And, God, would this lady shut up?

I directed my anger to the teacher pacing the front of the room and babbling on about God knows what! What I would really love was to shove the ruler she's holding down her throat. Maybe that would inspire me a bit.

I let my head fall onto the desk and groaned out loud, louder than I probably should have. I usually only act like this when I'm frustrated and inspiration-less. At the moment I was both, frustrated because of some stupid camping crap. Hopefully it's not mandatory.

"Something you wanted to add, Sigheart?" Damn it all, she said my name wrong again? I hate that!

I took a deep breath and raised my head to glare at the teacher.

"My name's Seighart," I growled, though I tried to keep my voice even. "And I did want to add something," I stated blandly. She leaned back on the chalk board and gave me a empty stare.

"Go on."

"Right. This class of yours is boring as hell." I stood up and grabbed my things. "Give me a ring when you start the "art" portion of "art class"." I rolled my eyes and walked out. Sure, I was going to get in trouble, but I wasn't actually feeling too well right now. And not just mentally, physically too. I was weak.

I managed to make it to the dorms and was walking down the hall when my strength suddenly failed. I collapsed against the floor and cursed loudly.

"Crap, I freaking forgot!" I didn't take my medicine this morning, neither or them, or take my vitamins. That explains everything. Swearing, I leaned my head against the wall and let my eyes close.

'Okay,' I thought to myself, 'I'll take a small nap and then when I wake up I'll take my shots and go back to class.' I groaned and laid down on the floor.

(Seigh is just going to take a quick nap. :3)
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 am
OnigiriChan says...

Jin Roskey (Sorry, school was eating me alive!)

I skipped down the hall, honestly happy. Class just let out, there was a camping trip, and this school was crawling with cute boys. And my music class seemed to condense them all into one period! I sighed and started into a steady jog, ready to just get to my room so I can shower and get ready for dinner. I was nearly to my room when a crumpled body against the wall stopped me in my tracks and turned my smile into a confused grimace.

I walked towards the body and knelt down until I could realize who they were.

"Seighart?" Except I wasn't quite sure exactly. His skin was pale and he didn't look at all too good. I shook his shoulder and his eyes opened lazily. They looked dull and rolled around a bit before focusing, barely, on my face. I frowned harder and sat him up straight. "God, Seigh, you look horrible," I gasped. He just groaned and shut his eyes tight before opening them again. They didn't focus on anything else.

"I need my... my stuff," he managed to mumble. I starred at him in confusion before finally noticing the black bag he carried around. So, by "Stuff" he must mean his shots. I opened the bag and took out the syringe. Over each syringe was a time. I looked down at my watch and then choose the one that said 4:00 since it was only about 4:15 or so.

With shaking hands I grabbed Seigh's arm and turned it over.

"God," I mumbled, "I hope I do this right." With a last silent prayer I inserted the needle and pushed the medicine in. Hopefully this helped. After I put the used syringe in a nearby trashcan I pulled Seigh up and slung his arms over my shoulders. I couldn't carry him, but I could at least drag him. I didn't know where his room was so I just headed to mine.

Once inside I put him on my bed and starred worriedly down at his face. His color was coming back, only a bit though in his cheeks, and his breathing was frighteningly shallow. I leaned down close, to see if he was even breathing, and could barely feel the ghost of his breath on my face. Suddenly my cheeks started to burn and I raised quickly. My heart beat was hard in my ears and I could feel it pounding in my chest.

"I should probably get the nurse," I said to no one but myself. With a last look down at Seigh, and another face burning blush, I ran out the room and down the halls to find the nurse. I wasn't very happy anymore...
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm
RainyDay says...

*That's perfect, shadow! Oh, and for future reference to all, when it comes to things that requires physical contact, like shaking hands, she will either make an excuse or just ignore it.*

Ashley:

"Ashley, you can't just go around punching the other kids!" Headmistress said, placing her hands on her temples.

With a scowl, I replied, "I told him to get away from me. He continued to touch me."

"Ashley, he was helping you up after you slipped!" She said, a little frazzled.

"So! I told him not to touch me!"

"Ashley, that boy now has a broken nose because of you. You're lucky that his parents have decided against suing." She said, placing her hands on her desk.

Crossing my eyes, I stared at her, a scowl on my face.

"Ashley," she sighed, "Why? Why would you do something like that?"

I flinched, putting my hands in my lap, and stared down at them. Biting my bottom lip, I said quietly, "I don't like people touching me."

I blinked furiously, trying to keep back my tears, as Headmistress continued, "Ashley, I understand, but that's no reason to-"

"Headmistress, may I please go now?" I said, putting my hands against my face to hide the tears that were now streaming down my face.

She hesitated, then, with a sigh, said, "Very well. But if this happens again, it will not be taken as lightly. I should keep you from the camping trip, but seeing that it is about teamwork and bonding, that may be just what you need."

Nodding, I grabbed my light gray bag, put the strap across my shoulder, and left the room. As soon as I left the office, I began to run, my combat boots making large clomping noises, echoing through the halls. But I didn't care. I ran outside and just kept going. I ran as I wiped the tears from my face. I ran past Arwen, past Caspian, past Tyler, past Anna, all people who were so kind to me, all people who would never, who could never know. All friends I would have to lie to, make up excuses to.

My stomach churned and I stopped running once I reached a tree. Holding onto one of its branches, I took deep breathes, trying to control my tears. My body shuddered, lurched forward and I dropped to the grounnd on my hands on knees. I felt like I was going to throw up, but nothing came.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone say.

Closing my eyes, I wrapped one arm around my stomach, and whispered, "No"

*Can be anyone. Also, the boy she punched and broke the nose of, it's no one in particular. Just some random kid that no one is playing. Also, hope this is okay!*

84 Reviews

Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jessie:

After Tyler had pushed Tristan and I to walk together, I noticed Tristan's hesitance, his unwant to do it.

Biting down on the inside of my cheek, I then shook my head and said in a forced loud voice, loud for me anyway, "Forget about it. You don't have to do anything that you don't want. Go ahead and go with my brother." I said that last part with a little more bitterness than I'd intended.

With that, I turned, closing their door behind me and walked off. Tristan began to follow me, calling down the hall, "Jessie, wait up!"

I kept going. Tristan began to jog up to me, but I wasn't in the mood for this. It was always the same. I'd start to get a friend, then they would meet Tyler and it would end. They would always say to me, 'We can still be friends Jessie. I just want to be friends with Tyler, too.' Yeah, it never worked out that way.

As Tristan caught up with me, I made a sudden decision and turned right, pushing through the door and walking into the room. As I stood there, I was face to face with a couple of girls.

"Get out of here!" They yelled.

I had decided to go into the Girl's Bathroom.

I had managed to avoid both Tyler and Tristan all day, which I guess was pretty easy seeing that we had no shared classes. When classes let out, I gathered my notebooks and textbooks, and went on my way. On my way to the dorm, Jin ran past me. Wonder what that was about.

When I pushed open the door to my dorm, there was a guy, Sid? Sig? Seigh? Something. He was laying on Jin's bed, barely any color. I dropped my books to the floor and nealry had a heart attack - was he...dead? He didn't appear to be breathing.

Running over to him, I placed my two fingers on the pulse on his neck. There was a pulse. I tilted his head up and turned my own head, my cheek now hovering over his mouth. I felt breath and only then did I realize that I'd been holding my own breath.

Tyler:

The girl, Anna, was pretty cool. We had talked throughout breakfast and even had a couple classes together. During one of the classes, I talked to her about Rugby. Who knows, maybe I could get her to play some with me. Maybe I could get a bunch of people to play with me, play some scrimmages or something. I could go to the football team. That's what I did at my old school. I went up to them and said, "Soccer, it's for kids. Football, it's for wuss'. Rugby, it's for men." That got them mad enough to try to play me.

After classes were over, I dropped off my books in my dorm. As I walked down the hall towards the cafe, I noticed a few flyers.

MUSICAL TALENT? PLAY AN INSTRUMENT?
I'm the girl with the red mohawk, Ashley, I sing and play some guitar. Looking for a band! Meeting in the music room Wednesday after dinner! Bring your instrument!

*Okay, the flyer would be much better than that if I wasn't crunched for time. I cleared this with Rainy, whoever next notices the flyer can change it if they want to! Oh, and I'm assuming today was Monday, so this is happening in two days!*
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I finished Acting class pretty swell. I got to use my strength in acting like a person I'm not. I dusted off my cardigan and approached my locker. I unlocked it then shoved my book and pen inside. Before closing it, I check my hair in the mirror then slammed it shut.

I walked past the notice board, then slowly backed up to look at a certain notice. A band? Mohawk-head is forming a band? For what exactly? Although, it seems interesting. I don't plan on joining, I'll just go there to watch everyone else, maybe contribute some critique.

I checked my watch. Huh, I've got some free time. My next class is in fifteen minutes. I go back to my locker and grab a pen and line-sheets. I looked through the gym door's windows, and walked inside. I listened to the tapping if my flats against the shiny hardwood floor. No one was in here, but the lights were on. What a way to waste energy and money.

I walked towards the bleachers and sat in the middle. Damn, it's hot in here. I took off my cardigan and rolled up my sleeves. I begin to write musical notes on the line-sheet while humming. I continue for a minute until I hear someone walk inside the gym. My head snaps up and I stop writing, pen still in my hand.

(Could be anyone!)

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100