z

Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
OnigiriChan says...

Seighart Duo

I nodded at the girl in front of me and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nice hair," I commented but all she did was stutter out a thanks and blush before turning back to her pad, fiddling with the edges nervously. I sighed and shook my head. Thought this one would be different, at least I could meet one person worth keeping around, but I guess not. That hair of her's was interesting, a weird shade of red and orange. I quite liked that. I'd probably keep in touch with her later. She didn't seem to be saying anything else so I hoisted my bag further up on my shoulder and took off towards the dorms.

I opened the door and walked in to see two other guys already there. I threw them a quick wave and put my things on the last available bed, the top bunk. That was good, I wanted the top bunk anyway.

"Hey," I called. "Name's Seighart, Seigh for short." The boy sitting on the bed threw me a quick look before lowering his gaze.

"My name's Tristan." I raised an eyebrow at him and moved in closer to see what he was reading, the title on the cover didn't look like it was in English.

"What's that," I asked, hoping to find some type of interesting thing in this guy.

"It's, uh, French," he spat out quickly. "French literature." I was a bit intrigues so I sat down on the edge of his bed, moving in closer than I probably should have but I really didn't care much. I was interested which was a good thing. People don't interest me much and when I was intrigued I held nothing back.

"Mind reading a piece out to me," I asked, skimming over the words on his page. He nodded and spoke out a paragraph and, though I had no idea what he was saying, I liked the language. "Nice," I smiled at him and got up and out of his comfort space. It was then that I turned to the other guy.

"Hey," he said. "I'm Tyler. My talent is sports."

"Mine is art," I replied, looking Tyler over up and down. He looked like the typical jock to me which immediately made me bored of his presence. I sat down in a chair and opened my bag. I could feel myself getting weak and it was about time for me to take my shots. With a deep sigh I pulled out the first syringe and inserted the needle into my arm.

"Woah, dude," Tyler yelled. "I don't think they allow drugs into the school. Man, you're not supposed to do that here!" Tristan was just starring at me wide eyed. I laughed lowly and finished pushing the medicine into my veins before tossing the syringe in the trash.

"I'm not shooting up," I said with a smirk. "It's my meds. Two types of medication twice a day plus vitamin and nutrient pills."

"Are you sick," Tristan asked from his spot on the bed. I laughed and got up to get out a pad and my pencil box from my backpack. I immediately grabbed the red and orange colored pencils and started on a sketch. I didn't really know what the lines and turns were going to be but I felt the need to draw something in red and orange.

"Sick? You could say that. Don't worry, I'm not a druggie."
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Seighart Duo

I nodded at the girl in front of me and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nice hair," I commented but all she did was stutter out a thanks and blush before turning back to her pad, fiddling with the edges nervously. I sighed and shook my head. Thought this one would be different, at least I could meet one person worth keeping around, but I guess not. That hair of her's was interesting, a weird shade of red and orange. I quite liked that. I'd probably keep in touch with her later. She didn't seem to be saying anything else so I hoisted my bag further up on my shoulder and took off towards the dorms.

I opened the door and walked in to see two other guys already there. I threw them a quick wave and put my things on the last available bed, the top bunk. That was good, I wanted the top bunk anyway.

"Hey," I called. "Name's Seighart, Seigh for short." The boy sitting on the bed threw me a quick look before lowering his gaze.

"My name's Tristan." I raised an eyebrow at him and moved in closer to see what he was reading, the title on the cover didn't look like it was in English.

"What's that," I asked, hoping to find some type of interesting thing in this guy.

"It's, uh, French," he spat out quickly. "French literature." I was a bit intrigues so I sat down on the edge of his bed, moving in closer than I probably should have but I really didn't care much. I was interested which was a good thing. People don't interest me much and when I was intrigued I held nothing back.

"Mind reading a piece out to me," I asked, skimming over the words on his page. He nodded and spoke out a paragraph and, though I had no idea what he was saying, I liked the language. "Nice," I smiled at him and got up and out of his comfort space. It was then that I turned to the other guy.

"Hey," he said. "I'm Tyler. My talent is sports."

"Mine is art," I replied, looking Tyler over up and down. He looked like the typical jock to me which immediately made me bored of his presence. I sat down in a chair and opened my bag. I could feel myself getting weak and it was about time for me to take my shots. With a deep sigh I pulled out the first syringe and inserted the needle into my arm.

"Woah, dude," Tyler yelled. "I don't think they allow drugs into the school. Man, you're not supposed to do that here!" Tristan was just starring at me wide eyed. I laughed lowly and finished pushing the medicine into my veins before tossing the syringe in the trash.

"I'm not shooting up," I said with a smirk. "It's my meds. Two types of medication twice a day plus vitamin and nutrient pills."

"Are you sick," Tristan asked from his spot on the bed. I laughed and got up to get out a pad and my pencil box from my backpack. I immediately grabbed the red and orange colored pencils and started on a sketch. I didn't really know what the lines and turns were going to be but I felt the need to draw something in red and orange.

"Sick? You could say that. Don't worry, I'm not a druggie."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

7 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 pm
OnigiriChan says...

Jin Roskey

As soon as I got out of the car I decided to get to my dorm as fast as I could. I wanted the lone bed and I really hated bunking so I was off like a bolt before the car even came to a complete stop.

"Bye, mom, I love you," I called and I heard the faint sound of her calling back but I was already too far away to hear what she was actually saying. Running through campus was hard, especially when I had to carry all my instruments which included a gutair case along with a huge bag filled with other instruments. My harp and piano were getting dropped off later, thank God I didn't have to carry that. I ran up the stairs and down the hall towards the dorm room, rushing past some guy that was walking down the same hall.

"Hey," he exclaimed as I flew by him. I turned my head around and kept running.

"Oh," I drawled, "I'm sorry, hun!" I didn't remember to catch myself over my "flamboyant" ways until after I added the last "hun" part. I had to remember this wasn't my home town anymore and everyone didn't know I was gay. I need to remember to catch myself. I finally made it to my room and threw open the door. I saw the single bed and literally dived on it.

"Mine! Haha, yes!" I sat my bag on the mattress and folded my legs under me, smiling. This great accomplishment caused for a celebration. I pulled my gutair out of it's case and strummed a few notes before playing a song that I wrote for my mother. It was soft and sweet and playing it made me smile. I closed my eyes and sighed happily. I didn't notice the door opened until someone spoke.

"Oh, um, hello." I stopped playing and looked up, smiling at the guy in front of me.

"Oh hey," I said with a big smile. "You're the guy I nearly killed in the hallway, aren't you?" He laughed nervously and I stood up, placing my guitar on the bed. "Well, I'm Jin. Talent is music." I stretched out my hand and smiled at him broadly.

"Jessie," he replied. "I'm just really smart."
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:11 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Derek

I walk up to the school grounds as other students start to show. I don't care that I was accepted into one of the hardest schools to get into; every school was the same. What I do care about, is all the new girls. A nice basketball team will be nice too, but already I can see some of the prettiest girls I had ever seen. A half smile appears on my face as I walk into the building, ignoring their dazzled looks, for now.

I walk through the lobby and take a right down to the athletic hall. I open the door to the gym and walk in, already feeling the sense of home. I drop my bag and run over to the corner, picking up the basketball and dribbling it to the free throw line.

I throw the ball and make it through the hoop on my first try, and my second, and my third. I get bored after awhile and decide to leave. I pick up my bag and walk back out of the athletic hall. I walk outside and see what people I'd be classing with.

The girls... hot. The guys, well, they're just like every other guy. And, of course, I can already catch glimpses of girls walking by. I pull out my half smile and chuckle to myself as I see them blush and turn away. This is going to be a fun year, I think to myself. For the first time in who knows how many years, I was actually looking forward to a school year.
(Sorry! I don't know anything about boarding schools!)
Last edited by VuzzyCat on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

I wanted to watch him draw but feared that would be presumptuous of me, so instead, I flicked my eyes back towards the page. The inkling to play was becoming increasingly more difficult to ignore and no amount of diction could change that fact.

"D-Does anyone mind if I play?" I asked. I wasn't quite sure if they could hear me, let alone care.

I turned my eyes towards Seighart unsurely, feeling that maybe that wasn't such a good idea. He wasn't looking back, and only appeared to shrug at my words, but it still felt wrong to look too long. Either or, I liked him almost instantly. He seemed a lot less... like Tyler. More artistic. Getting along with him might be a bit easier if I tried hard enough to be his friend.

"I guess," Tyler replied, though he didn't appear to want that. Maybe it would have been better if I didn't ask. Of course, it was too late for those thoughts now.

I grabbed my keyboard, plugged it into the free jack by my bed, then switched it on. In an act of being less of a nuisance, I turned the volume down to a minimum. Loud enough so I could hear it and be able to understand what I was doing wrong, but quiet enough that if Tyler or Seig was to put in headphones, I'm sure they'd be able to drown me out.

And I really hoped they would.

Instinctively, I went for something simple. Satie, maybe. His Gymnopédie No.1 seemed the quietest and least passionate but enough to kill my desire even for a little while. I stretched my fingers out, letting the sound of the joints cracking sooth some of the nerves in the pit of my stomach. It mean't I would play. It mean't that I was in my safe place.

When I pressed my fingers against the ivory keys, the relief was instant and fulfilling, like the collar around my neck had been loosened. The air filled my lungs and the warmth of each note created a sense of euphoria beyond anything that was physical. In my world, there was nothing better than my music. In a short moment, I was lost. Time did not matter anymore.

"Dude, you're tearing up," it was Tyler who spoke. He was smirking which made my stomach knot and the tension return. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I switched the keyboard off, hopped to my feet, then bee-lined towards the door, wiping the tears away all the while. It was bound to happen. Now was a better time than any.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:52 am
fictionfanatic says...

Vuzzy, not 100% sure, but don't they have a day or two to get settled in before classes? I could be wrong, I don't really know anything about boarding schoools XD

Jessie:

"Oh, I'm sorry, hun!" Hun? Did he just say...hun? Wow.

"Oh, um, hello." I said when I walked into the room.

"Oh hey," He said with a big smile. "You're the guy I nearly killed in the hallway, aren't you?"

I laughed a little nervously, then he stood up.

"Well, I'm Jin. Talent is music." He said, holding his hand out to me.

I couldn't shake his hand. Just...couldn't. He was adoreable.

But I did manage to say, "Jessie. I'm just really smart."

Somehow, I was able to say it without any of my made up words. I wondered how long that would last.

I put my bags on the bottom bunk and began to unpack. I put my clothes in a dresser, which I claimed as mine by putting my test tubes and large, silver box filled with chemicals on the top. I set up my skeleton, Skins, right beside my dresser, and then began to hang up some posters around my half of the bunk bed, mostly of scientists, but one of Temple Grandin, one of Vivianne Thompson, and one of Gareth Thomas.

As I finished up my unpacking I realized - I don't have my notebooks! Oh no, I must have mixed up my bags with Tylers's!

Jin must have seen the panic in my face, because he said, "Are you okay?"

"I, uh, Uhmshnya." No! Already!?

"I have to go find my brother, he has my notebooks!!!" I said quickly and quietly, before any more of my made up words could make their way in.

I ran out of the room and bolted to Tyler's room, hoping he hadn't found my notebooks yet.

Before I reached Tyler's room, I saw a guy crying, walking quickly. We came face to face, and then both stepped one way, then both stepped the other way, and again the other way.

"Are you alright?" I said in my quiet voice.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 am
icebender28 says...

Samantha:

I closed the door of our car gently, just barely closing it. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" I called through the window. We had already said goodbyes before we pulled up. they blew me kisses and gave me last minute advice, and then they drove off. I turned around and looked at my new home.
It was big, scary, and oddly enough, exactly how I loved school. I smiled and picked up my bags and began to walk towards where I hoped my dorm would be. I looked at the brochure and at my roommate. "Arwen Lysa" I read aloud. She sounded so nice!
I skipped off towards where the dorms were on my map. I was there very soon. Skipping is a lot faster than walking.
I hopped into my dorm. The bed next to the window was open! But, then again, I bet my roommate would like to have it. I shrugged my shoulders and set my stuff down on the other bed.
I started by setting up my comforter, a bright yellow and black flowery. Next i set up my alarm clock, a black and white to match my blanket. And finally, I set up a picture of my mom, my dad, and my new baby brother. he was born only two days before! How ironic; his life staring at the same time mine was.

(Tell me if I messed up something! :D )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 am
Ktg17 says...

Anna Ramirez

I need to get out of here, fast. This girl is definitely giving me the cold shoulder. Who is she anyway? I wonder if she is...No, she can't be! There is no way she could be my new roomie! I know I haven't been a perfect person, but there is no way karma should be giving me this.

"Are you Lucy?" I ask, already hoping the answer will be no.

"In the flesh." she says. "Now get out. Your presence is annoying me." I can already feel the tears begin to brim in my eyes, so I mumble a quick nice to meet you and get out of there immediately.

I need to find the gym. I wore my gym shorts and navy blue Adidas top here because it was the most comfortable to wear while riding in the car, and I didn't even think to change yet. Pulling my hair up into a messy pony, I look at my map of the school and quickly find where the gym and pool area is. I make my way to 13C and immediately feel a wave of relief wash over me. The gym is amazing. I see a rack of basketballs over to one side and pick one up and shoot a layup. Success. Next, I shoot a free throw. Success.

After a three point shot goes in, I completely forget about Lucy and her rude remarks. I've entered my own little world, one where the population equals the ball, the net, and me. I get so into my game that I don't even realize that someone else has entered the gym. I only notice them when I hear them clapping. I look over and see a boy I've never seen before.
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 am
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I watched as Anna left and let out a breath. God, she looked so infatuated! Well Anna, get used to me. I stood up and locked the door. I looked at the clock, 6:35. What the hell?! It's already this time?! I roll my eyes and open my suitcase. I rummaged through many types of clothing and colors and decided on my outfit for my first dinner here this year. A red sundress that reached above my knees, and black flats. I look in the mirror, satisfied of my appearance.

"Attention all students. Please report to the cafeteria in Building 1 for your first dinner here. Thank you," Headmistress Reginald announced. I left my dorm room, and locked the door, shoving the key in... nevermind. I began making my way towards the cafeteria. I push open the blue steel doors and was welcomed by the smell of chocolate. Which reminded me, I smelled my wrist and smirked. I still smelled like vanilla!

I step into the cafeteria, pretty sky blue walls, elaborate tiled floor, and three long tables with many chair tucked in. A big stage was in the front of the cafeteria. I crossed my arms and approached the chef. I smiled.

"One salad, mostly greens. Oh, and one bottle of mountain spring water," I ordered. I'm picky, what can I say? I am very detailed and specific. The chef handed me my food on my tray, and I sat down at one of the tables. I started stabbing the salad, checking if there were anything... "artificial" in it.

(Okay! The part where everyone meets eachother, perfect opportunity!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 am
icebender28 says...

Samantha:

"Oh goody! Dinner!" I said with glee and skip off towards where the cafeteria is. The line is mostly gone by the time I get there and I reach the lunch lady fast.
She looked like she was having a bad day. "What do you want?" She sounded bored.
"Ummm..." I looked at all the interesting foods and saw something I liked.
"Are you gonna order or what?" She said.
I felt hurt, but hid it as well as I could. "Oh! Yeah! Ummm, can I have a hamburger and some ice cream please? Oh! And a chocaolate bar, please."
The lady rolled her eyes and got me what I asked for. I smiled. "Thank you!" She rolled her eyes again, and I almost dropped my smile!
I walked away quickly. "That was close!' I whispered under my breath, meaning getting close to going a moment without smiling.
I looked at all of the faces of my new schoolmates, and , finding someone who looked very upset, I sat down.
"Hi! What's your name?" She stared at me.
"Lucy." She didn't take my hand.
I raised my eyebrows and took my hand back. "Oh! Well that's a gorgoues name!"

(:D)
Life is to be lived, not survived.

489 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 am
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

"I-I'm fine!"

I'm not quite sure how I had come to be face to face with this certain person, but his worried expression was enough to make me not run from him as well. So instinctively, I wrapped my arms around my chest, turning my eyes away from his to the best of my extent, whether or not I wanted to look at him.

"You don't look fine," the boy said, raising a brow inquisitively.

My piano. Any piano.

I shuffled from foot to foot with unease, biting down on my lower lip all the while. "Don't worry about me."

The boy's eyes widened, brows raised before he stated, "why?"

I had never been asked why. Simply speaking, I hadn't expected anything remotely close to the response he gave. I answered with the fewest words possible. "Just because."

His brows furrowed, "That's not a very good answer."

The announcement came at just the right time. Dinner. Yes, this would be a good time to escape, if anything, or at least change the subject. I kept my eyes low and my voice quiet when I finally said something. "It's dinner."

"That it is."

I mentally slapped myself. "We should probably go to that."

"That we should."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

489 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 am
Dreamwalker says...

- deleted -
Last edited by Dreamwalker on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

7 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:39 am
OnigiriChan says...

Jin Roskey

I sat down on my bed, starring after the boy who so quickly left. I don't know what the matter was. Maybe he was a tad bit shy. Or perhaps I scared him. I don't know, but he sure was a cutie! I laughed to myself and packed away a few things before heading off to find some food. I was walking down the hall of the boy's dorm when a door opened and three guys walked out, not necessarily in a group. First some jock came out, walking with a straight back and focused eyes. I could appreciate confidence. Next was a smaller boy clutching a book to his chest and walking fairly quickly, the last was a boy holding a black bag and a drawing pad. He looked bored. Well, leave it up to me to be the welcoming committee. I jogged up to the boy with a wide smile already on my face. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around, giving me a slightly bored look.

"Hey," I drawled, "my name's Jin. You new here too?" He stepped back and folded his arms across his chest.

"Yes, I am. I'm Seighart."

"Oh, what a name! My name is Jin. Music is my talent." He raised an eyebrow then.

"Music? What instrument?" I smiled at him and fastened my hand onto my hip.

"Oh, nearly all of them! My favorites are piano, gutair, and the harp. Oh, I love the harp." He nodded and looked down at me with a smirk.

"The harp? Well then, I think I might keep you around, Jin. I've never heard anyone play the harp." My heart fluttered for some odd reason and I laughed loudly to cover it up. The boy, Seigh, looked down at me with slight amusement in his eyes and I couldn't help but to think I'd done something right. That only made me smile brighter.

"Well then, we'll have to arrange that sometime." I walked out of the dorm with Seigh and as we were entering the cafeteria I saw Seigh's eyes immediately lock onto a girl with bright red hair.

"Ah, it's that red head girl." I looked up at him with a confused expression but didn't get to ask any questions as he walked over to her. She blushed and stammered when he looked at her.

"Yo," he said. She brushed her head back behind her ear and looked up at him, finally.

"Hey, you're that guy. Umm... Sig... Slay..."

"Seighart," he finished for her. She laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, Seighart." He smiled down at her, well more of a smirk, before sitting and pulling out his drawing pad. The colors matched the color of the girls hair.

I immediately hated her. Seems the girls always got the good guys, nothing like where I used to live. I was suddenly missing home. I put both my hands on my hips and sighed before rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

"I'm gonna get some lunch, Seigh, you want anything?" He just shook his head no but as I was walking off he stopped me.

"Actually, get me a coffee."

"Sure thing, hun." Oops, forgot to catch myself again. Oh, but what's the use? I was going to keep slipping up anyway. I got into line behind the boy with the book I saw earlier. I smiled at him and introduced myself.

"Oh hey, saw you in the hall didn't I?" He nodded slowly. "Well, I'm Jin!"

Lord, I swear. This place was just swarming with cute boys. It was like gay Christmas or something. But I just had to remember to keep my cool, I could crush from a far for days but these men were probably straight as an arrow. Oh well, I could still make them blush a bit if I tried really hard. Not like I'm looking for anything serious...

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 am
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I stopped stabbing at my salad when I heard her comment. I dropped the fork onto the table, making her jump a bit. I cleared my throat.

"Is it? Is it really?" I asked with a tone. Her eyebrow shot up and she bit her lip.

"Yeah," she nodded. I nodded back and crossed my arms, then leaned back in my chair.

"Well, that's interesting," I said as I began stabbing my salad again. This girl is weird. I don't know why, but she seemed to be a bit too... happy. She can't stop smiling can't she?! She's like... the color yellow! Man I hate yellow.

"Have you ever cried before?" I asked her. She put down her hamburger and knit her eyebrows.

"Sure," she answered. I nodded.

"Good," I replied. Her eyes widened and she looked down. I flipped my hair and began eating my salad. When I finished chewing an swallowing, I flipped my hair and leaned back in my chair.

"Why are you here?" I asked her wth a bit of a tone. She looked at me with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, why are you at this school?" I asked.

"Oh! Well, I do best in cheerleading and some subjects," she answered. I look at her with a what the hell? look.

"Cheerleading. Cheerleading?" I asked her with more of a tone. She nodded, although she looked like she was bouncing. "Whatever. I act. And sing. And play the violin and piano," I said as I stabbed my salad again.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 am
Shadowlight says...

(Marianna is missing dinner- she is freaked out by the prospects of having students so she is trying to make the art room perfect. :D oh and I myself have dyslexia so any writing errors are because of that and not that I'm lazy. :D)

Caspain Morley:

Crap, crap, crap!

I shouted at myself as I raced thought the empty halls of Dalle, my father a s usual had gotten us lost, and even more true to form refused to get directions. Now thanks to him I was three hours late!

I looked at the map and pamphlet the school had mailed to me and soon found my room, I burst in like some possessed thing and looked wildly about- of course all the good beds were taken, I tossed my stuff on the only empty bed, then I took off again towards where I hoped the dining hall was.

Three minutes later I was almost at the doors and cursing rather violently to myself, my legs were tapping on the tiled floors in rapid succession, I was thanking my lucky stars I was wearing the rubber soled ones.

I slammed into the doors and they flew open sending me flying part way across the room narrowly missing some girl and colliding with a the floor. My face hot I got up arms in the air with a jaunty smile plastered across my face. I decided the best thing to do was play it up as everyone in the room was already staring at me- well not me so much as my legs, or lack there of.

“I'm okay!”

(Alright, I did it! See gleek I told you I'd post!)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank