Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Sorry I didn't post this earlier!

Name: Darek Owens

Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please): Darek has dark hair that's short and sticks up and bright blue eyes.

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Darek plays basketball and is amazing at it. He also is crazy smart and doesn't have to even try to pass his classes.

Personality: Darek is a joker. He know's he's gorgeous and knows that girls like him. He's sarcastic and teasing, but can also be very sweet if you get past his outer shell. Inside, he hates his life.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Darek was born into an unwanting family who didn't care about him, or his life. He went to poor schools his entire life and thought horribly about himself. When he got into highschool, he tried out for the basketball team and helped win the state championship for his school. Because it wasn't that great of a school, it caught the attention of Dalle and they invited him in.

Likes/ Dislikes:

Likes- girls, basketball, girls, math, girls
Dislikes- football, he doesn't like English too much, and he hates guys that think their better then him

Strengths/ Weaknesses:

Strenghts- any gym class, math, and science
Weaknesses- History

Anything else? up for love, but at first, he wont really love you
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry im taking forever with my male fraternal twins. Right now im doing everything via smart phone, but I will be able to get on a computer soon. Please dont start without me! I promise I will have them done today!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 pm
gleek456 says...

No problem fiction! I think it would be unfair to start with you. Looking forward to your profile! :)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 pm
Dreamwalker says...

I could take the last male spot if you should like!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

82 Reviews

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 pm
gleek456 says...

Sure thing Dream! I'll save the spot for you now. :)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Name: Arwen Lysa

Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please):
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? English, art and drama.

Personality: Bubbly, and determined. She can come across as sarcastic and bossy, but is a loyal friend. She has a BIT of a fiery temper, and is usually full of intersesting, but slightly wacky things to talk about. She is very curious, and explores a lot, so trys to find the time to explore Dalle to the full extent.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Arwen was asked to come into Dalle after she entered a competition for writing. One of the teachers noticed her work and contacted her to enter Dalle. She also drew illustrations to go with her writing. She usually draws things with depth, and hidden meaning, for example:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

She usually draws a lot to do with her emotions: the last picture is about fear of alienation, and privacy, so she usually incorporates emotions into her designs. Her photos are basically the same, but simplified.

Likes/ Dislikes: Loves reading, writing and photography. She hates bullies and people who boast. She likes chocolate, and although she isn't an amazing art prodigy, she loves art and drama, so she can sometimes be slightly over the top. She hates people who beat her, but usually tries to hide it (She is very competative).

Strengths/ Weaknesses: She is brave and very competative. She backs up her friends, and usually gets in trouble for it. She is good at Art, Drama and English. She is OK at sport, but cannot do Geography or Cooking.

Anything else? Always seen with her nose in a book or taking photos, or even doodling in her book.

Up For Love!!!

Ok, my post re-posted itself when I edited it? But, er ... this is my new and improved form... :$
Signature Pending

489 Reviews

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:16 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Name: Tristan Whitlow

Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please):

This would be him!

I should probably note that Tristan is small of build and kind of short. Not extremely short or anything, but enough so that most girls are usually his height, if not taller.

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Music and French. He plays the piano as his choice instrument.

Personality: Shy. Tristan is the type of person who puts all of his emotion into his music. Because of that fact, he's not very good with words and communication at all. Instead, he spends most of his time alone studying the great classics like Chopin, Beethoven, and Satie.

Other than that, he's a very sweet person. Overly trusting and easily bruised, Tristan puts his heart on the line more often than not. This is his major flaw simply because he doesn't see the bad in people. Only the good. In that sense, he's a complete pushover and a target for pranks.

History/ How you got in Dalle:

Tristan's capability was what attracted the Dalle scouts. He was titled a musical prodigy ever since he was old enough to play. His skill - though not perfect - is seen as overly passionate and executed in a manner to bring forth emotion instead of simply going through the motions. In that, his execution is not exactly perfect but enough to get him into school.

Other than that, Tristan was an only child. His parents were overly doting and protective which made it very hard for him to keep friendships for very long. That being said, music became his best friend when achieving such a feat appeared to be impossibly.

Likes/ Dislikes:

Tristan likes french literature. His favorites consist of The Count of Monte Cristo and the Three Musketeers by Alexader Dumas, and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. He spends any free time trying to perfect his own ability to interpret the language as quickly and efficiently as possible.

He is a bit of a movie buff. He has a very large, very extensive Hayao Miyazaki movie collection.

He doesn't like spiders, the dark, music that doesn't use instruments (unless its dubstep), and stressful situations. Oh and thunder. He hates thunder. Anything really loud freaks him out.

He also likes musicals and dreams of composing his very own.

Strengths/ Weaknesses:

He is analytical when it comes to musical theory but he has absolutely no idea how to deal with people. His lack of social grace makes him appear to be awkward and brooding when he wants to come across as being smooth. He's not really all that used to the idea of simply being himself seeing as he fears that who he is is not the kind of person that people should like.

He's quick to forgive and befriend people without really knowing what to expect from them. He can't really tell if people are good or bad and has a very hard time observing what he probably should.

He's horrible at every kind of sport. Because of his klutzy personality, the only real grace he has is when he plays.

Oh and he cries when he plays, especially Beethoven. He gets overly emotional about the passion in each piece and sort of starts blubbering like a baby.

Anything else? Up for love, but he's awkward so he wouldn't be the one to make the first move. He's quick to become infatuated, though, as most teenagers are.
Last edited by Dreamwalker on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:15 am
fictionfanatic says...

*My fraternal twins!!!*

Name: Tyler Shae

Appearance: Short brown hair, earthy green eyes, muscular, fair skin tone.
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? He's one of the best athletes you'll ever meet. He also is a really good drumist.

Personality: Tyler is the opposite of his brother, Jessie. Tyler is very outgoing and can get very cocky. He's a big shot and yet he treats everyone like he's known them for years. He's a huge flirt. Tyler is one of the loudest talker's you'll ever meet (read why in history.). However, once you get to know him and get passed all of his cockiness, he's a really sweet guy. He has trouble opening up to people, but if he does, then you'll find that he's actually a really good guy. He gets really sucked into sports, and he works extremely hard on them. He practices through sicknesses, injuries, until he passes out, etc etc. His real passion is rugby, but he also plays a lot of soccer, basketball, baseball, but never NEVER football. Also, Tyler may be cocky, but if you mess with his friends and/or family, it won't end pretty. He has trouble trusting people

History/ How you got in Dalle: Tyler has been obsessed with sports ever since he was three. His dad was always a big sports fan, and was ecstatic when he found out Tyler's passion for them. Tyler was sent to Dale by his soccer coach when after someone fouled his best friend. After the game was over, which the other team won, he walked over to the other team, grabbed the guy who fouled his friend, and popped a punch right in his jaw yelling, "You do NOT mess with my friends!" Tyler isn't sure why it was that that got his coach to send him here, but he did. The reason he talks so loud is because as a kid, he ran out into the road, chasing after Jessie because Jessie messed up his room, and a car hit him. Tyler wasn't hurt much, but became hard of hearing, which he has trouble admitting and will only tell you if he really trusts you.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes:
-RUGBY!!!
-Sports
-His Friends and Family
-Practicing
-Vanilla icecream
-Being around people
-Burgers and fries
-Flirting

Dislikes:
-People messing with his friends/family
-Chocolate anything
-Football
-Not being able to play/practice

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths:
-Rugby
-Fighting
-He's really strong
-REALLY high pain tolerance
-Flirting

Weaknesses:
-The smell of burgers and fries - always follows his nose! Hahaha
-Gets really sick sometimes, because he practices through rain, snow, through injuries, even through being sick.
-Has trouble trusting people

Anything else? Up for love. Looking for a girl who can get past his cockiness but accept him for it. Or a girl to help him change.

Name: Jessie Shae (pronounced Shay)

Appearance: Black hair, earthy green eyes, not fantastic in the muscle department, on the paler side
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry - anything science, really, he excels in. He also really loves archtitecture.

Personality: Jessie is the opposite of Tyler. He's not quite shy and not quite outgoing, but around girls and guys he likes or thinks are cute, he gets tongue tied and goes into a state where he's blushing and half of his vocobulary will be Nighigya, Uhmshnya, and Sumkiyuh. He's a really sweet guy but no one really has ever really noticed because he's always compared to Tyler. Tyler is like a human dictionary and he knows the most random facts. He's extremely smart.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Jessie has always been in Tyler's shadows. His dad was extremely dissapointed that he'd rather play with a chemistry set than play sports. Another dissappointment to his dad? Jessie is bisexual. He has never been close with his dad, and he knows his dad likes Tyler better, though his dad won't admit it. Jessie got into Dalle because after Tyler was sent there, his parents decided hey, why not. So they had him apply for his science skills and he got in.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes:
-Science
-Wants to be a doctor
-The human body
-Healthy food
-Vegetarianism
-Experimenting
-Finding people who are actually interested in what he has to say.

Dislikes:
-Being second to Tyler
-Being compared to Tyler
-Being a dissappointment to his dad
-People who seem fake

Strengths/ Weaknesses:Strengths:
-Science
-Extremely smart
-Fast worker
-Logical

Weaknesses:
-If stumped, he could lock himself in his room for days until he figures it out or someone finally gets him out of there.
-Tongue tied around girls

Anything else? Up for love. He has ADHD. Will most likely be seen tapping his fingers against something or bouncing his leg or tapping his feet if he's sitting down.

EDIT - FOR BOTH CHARRIES: The two of them are yin and yan. They are complete opposites, but they do get along really well. They will always stick up for each other.

*Hope these are alright!!!*
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:43 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

I entered the big couryard a little nervously. The school loomed overhead, casting a shadow over the yard. I held up my camera, and began to click. I caught a picture with the school on the left, and the sun peeking over it, casting the stone a purplish-orange. A good picture.

I snapped a couple more shots and pulled out my pad. I looked around the yard for inspiration. Then, I began. I poured all of my feelings into my work. My nervousness, my fear, my hope, my joy. I was so absorbed in my painting that I didn't notice that there was someone behind me, watching, until they tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped and blinked for a few seconds, bringing myself out of the world of art, and swiveled round.

"Hello?" I said, "I'm Arwen... are you new, too?" I flipped my pad shut, suddenly embarrassed that they'd seen my work. His gaze lingered on my pad, though, and then travelled to my hair. I blushed. "It's not a very good drawing," I said, blushing redder.

"I'm Seighart," The boy said, "But call me Seigh,"

OOC: Arwen's picture VVV

Spoiler! :
Last edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 am
gleek456 says...

(Sure! Everyone can start now! Okay, so everyone is arriving at school, some are new and some have been here before. You've already been in the orientation, and have receded a pamphlet of all the student's names and picture, along with the map and legend of the school. I'll post the roommates in the DT)

Lucy Coyne

I stepped out of the ugly yellow taxi, which was parked right in front of the school. I open the trunk and lugged out my luggage. It made displeasing sounds against the car, in which the driver glared at me. I glared back.

"Deal with it!" I shouted. I dragged my luggage over to the driver and handed him the money.

"Next time I call, give me a better driver," I ordered. The driver glared at me then muttered "bitch", in which I am sure I wasn't supposed to hear. I rolled my eyes and walked up the staircase as the driver drove away. I opened the door and find myself in the familiar halls of Dalle. The walls stills had their motivational quotes written on it, the lockers were still a firetruck red, and the students looked like they were lost in the own world.

I looked at my slip of paper. 137. I need to find Locker 137. I immediately head over to the Arts Wing, where Lockers 100-150 are. I quickly find the locker and open it. I place my luggage beside me and jammed the things that represent me in the locker: Classical music scores, musical scripts, and a mirror stuck on the locker door. I fluffed my hair one time before closing it and heading towards the dorm building.

Okay. So, some chick named Annaliese is my roommate, I thought to myself as I looked at the pamphlet. She looked very... princessy, like her name. I push my way through the crowded sea of girls in the girl's dorm. I finally found my dorm room and quickly opened it. The room was empty, no one was in it. I smile and take a bed beside the window. I sit on the bed for a minute before setting up my side of the room. After 30 minutes, I stepped back and smiled, satisfied of my work and started heading towards the music room, clutching an Adele score.

(Her side of the room:
Spoiler! :
781501Girls%20Dorm%20Room%201577192_large.jpg
781501Girls%20Dorm%20Room%201577192_large.jpg (6.9 KiB) Viewed 246 times
)
Last edited by gleek456 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:17 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*Edited my profiles some*

Tyler

Jessie shoved me out of the cab, causing me to land on my stomach and forearms. He jumped out beside me, so I grabbed his leg and yanked it, causing him to topple over next to me. Our laughs mingled, sounding the same because, well, the two of us have the exact same laugh.

It's rare, the things we share. Our laugh, the color of our eyes, and our height, which is five feet nine inches. Those are really the only things.

Standing up, I then pulled Jessie up and brushed myself off. As I grabbed my bags, Jessie paid the cab driver.

"No tip!?" The cab driver grumbled.

Before my kind brother could give the man a tip, I pushed him aside, took out his bags, and said in my overlly loud voice, "Here's a tip, don't run red lights with two teenagers in the car!"

Slamming the door, I turned back to Jessie, smiling at him.

"Okay baby bro." I said, flinging my arm over his shoulder, "I know you want to hurry up and get your dorm room ready, so I'll leave you to it."

Jessie:

Rolling my eyes, I pushed his arm off my shoulders and said, "Four and a half minutes! Not my fault you were born four and a half minutes before me!"

I laughed our shared laugh, and continued in my quieter voice, "And thanks. I'll see you later I guess."

Putting my gray backpack on my back, my blue duffel bag on my right shoulder, my green duffel bag on the left shoulder, holding my black bag in my left hand, filled with all of my notebook holding my science experiments and notebooks holding my archtitecture drawing, and my red bag in my right hand, which was filled with a bunch of my test tubes, chemicals, plastic frog which you can dissect, a plastic brain which you can take apart and see the parts of the brain, a bunch more of my scientific items, and my plastic skeleton.

Tyler ran off, holding his numerous bags while running towards wherever. I took cautious steps trying not to topple over.

Huh, I thought to myself, this place doesn't look to ba- my thought waas cut short when I started to fall. I threw the two bags I was holding to the side so I wouldn't damage them, getting them out of the way just in time to save them from being smushed.

My nose was just inches away from someone's feet. Looking up, I said, "Uhm, hi."

*Can be anyone.*

Back to Tyler :D

I was the first one in the dorm, which from the looks of it, was to hold three people. I snatched the single bed, leaving the bunk bed for my other two roomies. It pays off to have a brother obsessed with being early. ""Early is on time, on time is late, and late is just stupid." He was always telling me.

I was able to put all of my clothes away and hang up some of my rugby posters. I got to my Gareth Thomas poster and smiled. He'd always been my favorite player, and then Jessie told me he was openly gay. Ever since, he's just seemed that more cool to me. I hung him on the wall above my bed.

Just as I was finishing up putting away everything, I heard someone say, "Hey."

Turning, I saw someone who must have been my roomie.

"Hey, I'm Tyler. Guessing you're my roomie?"

*Can be anyone. Hope this is okay*
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I began looking through the score, picking which parts I should work on. I chose that song from Adele... One And Only. That song was how I got in Dalle. Some undercover scouts were at my recital, and they saw me perform that song. I got a letter from them once I graduated elementary. I roll my eyes at the flashback.

"You've been on my mind," I sing quietly. I continue on my way to the Music Room, passing by the entrance. I suddenly hear a... thud. Yeah, a thud. I slowly back up to see a guy, who was flat on his face. I look down on the boy, who was staring at my feet.

"Uhm, hi," he said.

"You going to get up?" I asked. The boy looked up and quickly got up.

"Well, I thought you were going to help... but nevermind," he answered. I nod and squint at him.

"Well. You're not entertaining," I declared as I turn on my heel and continue my way towards the Music Room, quietly singing the song to myself.

I finally see the door that says "Music Room" and turn the knob. I smile at the sight. A whole set of violins, cellos, guitars, and such, a grand piano, music scores, everything. I sit at the grand piano, and place the score in front of me. I look back to the door and glare, hoping no one would come in. I turn my attention back towards the score and begin playing the notes.

(You can find the song she's playing on her character profile. :) )

489 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Tristan

Arriving early was the most punctual thing to do, but apparently not the wisest when trying to find somebody to talk to. As I pattered down the hallways, no longer burdened by my small amount of luggage, I wondered where the music room was. Or any room for that matter. This place was large and, in all honesty, frightening. I liked my small piano room back home.

After a good few minutes of simply walking in circles, I tried going back to my dorm. As much as I should probably have found where I was going first and foremost, the idea of wandering around aimlessly for any longer than I had been seemed ever more of horrifying. A bit of time by myself in my bunk would help me clear my head. That and the small keyboard I had brought was beckoning me quite harshly.

I finally came to the hallway of which I knew, stomach knotting in relative unease. As I came closer, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of regret.

Somebody was in the room.

I opened the door unsurely, flicking my eyes around the corner so as to see who my new roommate was. Surely enough, he was attractive. The kind of guy who made it very hard for me to feel comfortable in a room. I was skinny and, quite frankly, small. Smaller than I wanted to be. He was tall and athletic. A build that must have taken years of sporting activities to make him so. And definitely attractive.

I turned my eyes away from him, hands twiddling with the door handle. "Hey."

He turned towards me, brows raised before he replied with a, "Hey, I'm Tyler. Guessing you're my roomie?"

I nodded, lips fumbling for words that didn't come though my throat was so dry, even if I did have words they would have come out all wrong. Instead, I simply stood, wide-eyed and blushing furiously.

"I took the free bed," Tyler said, turning his back on me finally. It left enough of a gap for me to slide in and sit on the bottom bunk. Though I had originally chosen the free bed, I wasn't about to dispute that fact with him of all people. So, instead, I let him take it.

As he started to unpack, I looked at my small luggage and keyboard. The keyboard. How badly I wanted to play. He would leave soon enough. I just had to wait it out.

"So what are you here for?" he asked. There was that brow raised. That quick smirk. Any chance of my ever having any form of self-esteem simply went down the drain.

"Music," I murmured mildly.

He nodded, shrugging. "I play drums."

I reached for the only rucksack I brought which had all of the items I needed for study. That and a couple books. I instinctively went for Les Mis, hoping to distract myself long enough so that the awkward conversation would die out before I said something utterly stupid. As I flipped through the subsections, I thought Marius suited my tastes best and went to engrossing myself in the thick, rich text.

"What'cha reading?"

My stomach knotted furiously.

Tyler bent over, eyes scanning the page with relative interest before his brows knit. "That's definitely not English."

"I-I read french literature," I murmured blankly.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 pm
Ktg17 says...

Anna

"Ok honey, promise me you'll call when you get all settled in?"

"Yes mom, I promise."

"Ok then.." She gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I can see her getting all teary eyed, so I quickly shoo her away and hug dad.
"I know you're going to do great here sweetie. Always make good decisions and don't do anything you'll regret."

"I promise, daddy." I let go and mom and dad walk towards their car. The engine comes to life and they begin to drive away, mom waving out the passenger side window the whole time.

"Bye!" I stand there and wave back until the old red car leaves the school grounds and dissapears from view. I turn and enter the girls' dorms and then go to find my room.
As I enter the door for the first time, I see that I'm not the first one to get here. My new roomate must have already come in with her stuff, because one side has already been all set up. I go to my side and quickly begin to set up my things.

The first thing i do is make my bed, with my colorful bedding set. Its a big swirl of pink, green and blue that fans out all across the comforter. Then I set up my desk things and begin hanging up my posters. First poster on the wall is Mia Hamm. One of my favorite athletes ever, I got to meet her when she came to my state on tour. Next is Kirsty Coventry, the exciting young swimmer from Zimbabwe who excelled during the olympics. Poster after poster, they all go up on the wall next to my bed as well as the pictures of my friends and family.

As I finish everything else up, I stand back and admire my work. So here I am. My room is set up, just as I want it, and I can't wait to meet my rommie. I can't wait to start my life out here, fresh and new. I want to meet new people, make new friends. That's what I'm going to do right now, I decide. I shut off the light and shut the door behind me as I walk out of the dorm. Who will be the first person I'll meet?
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

82 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:29 pm
gleek456 says...

Lucy Coyne

I hit the last key and let out a breath. Man that was tiring, for a song that lasted like, 3 minutes? I gather up the score and exit the Music Room. I passed by the entrance, where I saw that guy who fell. He wasn't there anymore. I nodded and went back to the girl's dorm.

I noticed a girl standing in front of my dorm room door. I cleared my throat and she turned around quickly. I point to the door with my index finger.

"You're in my way," I said coldly. Her eyes widened and she stepped aside. I roll my eyes and unlock the door. I push the door open and see the other side decorated. I quickly turn around to see the girl in my room. I whip out the pamphlet and search for "Annaliese". She sorta looked like her.

"Are you Annaliese?" I asked with great interest. She bit her lip and nodded.

"I go by 'Anna'," she said. I squinted at her and set the score on my desk.

"You're prettier in the picture," I simply said. Anna's eyebrow shot up.

"Excuse me?" she asked. I cross my arms, and tilt my head.

"You heard me," I said. I sat down on my bed and crossed my legs.

(Sorry if Lucy's being so mean! :) )

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison