z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:20 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I stuck my tongue out to Dakotah. Dakotah smiled and messed my hair.

"Stop! It takes 15 minutes to do that," I whined and frowned. Dakotah laughed.

"I'm sure you can fix it," he assured. I rolled my eyes an picked at the eggs on my plate. Dakotah's stunt put me off guard. I don't know what I would say.

"And Daniel is NOT a dork," I defended with a smile. Dakotah laughed.

"Yup, whatever you say," he said before shoving a piece of scrambled egg in his mouth. I rolled my eyes again.

(Hope I portrayed Dakotah right!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 am
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Lorcan ¬

I sat down at my table, letting my pet snake slid up and around my arms as it pleased. The Owl I'd sent off yesterday glided onto the table and knocked over my dish. Cursing, I shoved the bird away and tried to salvage as much of the dish as I could. I untied the package from its leg. It pecked my arm, and my snake hissed.
"Touch my snake and you've had it," I snarled at the bird. I picked it up whilst it riggled in my grip and shoved it into the air. It flew off awkwardly, before diving back to the table, gulping down the bacon off my plate, and grabbing two claw fulls of scrambled egg. It flew off before I could hit it, dropping egg over half of the Slytherin table. I swore, and began to open the package.
A blood red tuxedo was wrapped in soft silk. It was perfect, with snake cufflinks.

Spoiler! :

Signature Pending

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:25 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Hey everyone, I'll be gone from now to Sunday the 7th... See ya!)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:19 pm
View Likes
Funkymomo says...

Maggie Putnam-

The while school was hyped for the ball. I watched as all the ravenclaw girls in my year sent off owls for dresses and squealed about boys asking them. I fooled myself into thinking it was all stupid, but really, I was a little jealous. I'd always been quiet and almost antisocial. The boys rarely spared a glance at me. And likely anyone would say yes if I asked them.

I was sitting in the ravenclaw common room, sketching a tree when I heard some yell, and then a crash. I closed my sketchbook and ran to see what happened. A first year girl had slipped on a banana peel ( how did that get there? XD) and fallen, her books scattered everywhere.

" Are you alright?" I asked her.

She nodded " yeah, I'm alright. Just fell." I helped her gather her books.

" what's your name? I'm Maggie." I asked, handing her her books.

" Lima Hawkens."

" That's a lot of books you have there."

She blushed a little. " Yeah, I like to read."
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

Lima

I was heading back to the common room when all of the sudden, I was on my back. I stared at the ceiling, silently moaning in pain. My books were everywhere, pages bent, spines stretched. I sat up and began picking them up.

"Are you alright?" A girl asked me, coming over to help me pick up my books.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just fell."

"What's your name? I'm Maggie."

"Lima Hawkens."

"That's a lot of books you have there."

I blushed. "Yeah, I like to read."

Maggie nodded and mumbled something about reading a lot too and then an awkward silence set in. Now what was I supposed to say? I really wasn't good at keeping a conversation going.

"So, are you excited for the ball?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Not really. It's just a day for girls to dress up and look pretty. I really have no interest..." she trailed off and stared into the fire, as if stuck in a deep thought. I gathered the books into my arms and stood up.

"Well, nice talking to you," I said. "I should really go to bed now. I have early classes tomorrow." I trudged up to my dormitory, lugging my books in through the door, I drop them into my trunk. I sigh and sink into my bed. I shut my eyes, dreaming of the ball. What girl wasn't excited for it?
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

42 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 pm

The Night Of The Ball Has Arrived!

Astral ¬

I unwrapped the dress, careful not to crease it, and pulled the liquid silk over my head. It was sapphire, ink blue, and strapless. It shimmered as if tiny stars had been embedded in it- as my Mum had said, it fitted my name: Astral. I clicked my necklace shut around my neck, and pulled on the silver heels that had arrived this morning. I smiled to myself in the mirror: this was no longer the shy girl that cried over Lorcan's taunts, it was a beautiful girl, ready for an amazing night with an amazing boy. Thinking of Jazz made me shiver in delight, the ball was about to start, and everyone was busy getting ready. My ears pricked as I heard a noise: a whistling noise, and then rippling words floated in through the doorway and hovered in front of me. The words were in a delicate, curvy script.

Astral, I will meet you at the bottom of the stairs, I can't wait. Jazz xx

My heart squeezed, I read the note over and over, before pulling out my wand.

I'll meet you there in 5! Astral xx

So, five minutes later, I was decending the steps towards Jazz who at the moment had his back to me.

Lorcan ¬

I pulled on the tuxedo, fastning the snake cufflinks. I walked into the Hall, eyes peeled for Astral, or Heidi. Instead I saw Adrian, dancing with his arms around another Slytherin girl.
"And who is this lovley lady?" I asked, my voice a purr, "And I thought you said you hadn't invited anyone?" The girl didn't pick up on it, but Adrian noticed the icy hint laced in my words. He shuddered.
"I ... I ... well,"
"I asked him," The girl said. I looked at her in shock.
"You did? Well, if you'd met me first, it would have surely been a different out come," I smirked.
She laughed. "I'm sure it would of been- I would of asked Adrian earlier," There was a hint of flirting in her stance and words- she'd stopped to talk to me, arms still around Adrian.
"Ouch." I murmered. "You hurt me baby, you really do,"
She laughed again. "This may just turn out to be a very good night," She said, looking me up and down. I smiled and traced the line of her jawbone with a feather touch.

It might be for me, but certainly not for Astral...
Signature Pending

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm
View Likes
Funkymomo says...

I'm dropping out. Sorry, it's just getting to hard to follow and fid time to post.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 pm
View Likes

Pleeease don't let it fizzle! :'(
Signature Pending

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Boom Pow! It is revived! Hahaha :)

Jazliac

Astral, I will meet you at the bottom of the stairs, I can't wait. Jazz xx

I sent the note up to her, and minutes later I got a note in resonse that said - I'll meet you there in 5! Astral xx

I stood looking at all of the pictures across from the staircase, playing with my silver tie. Silver can go with anything right? Wait...or is that black. I debated going up and changing my tie when I heard the sound of heels clicking against the stairs behind me.

I turned, and she literally took my breath away. The saphire blue dress made her eyes pop, and it shimmered as if strands of light had been sewn into it. The dress was strapless, showing off the necklace.

She now stood before me, and she smiled a bright smile.

Not knowing what else to say, I said, "Uh...I feel like Leonardo Dicaprio in the Titanic when he turns and sees Rose and the staircase."

Astral's laughter rung through the room, and I smiled, blushing a little, unbelieving of the fact that I just said that.

I offered her my arm, "Would you like to go to the dance?"
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 pm
View Likes

Hehehe!

Astral ¬

I took his arm, linking mine through his, smiling.
"Of course, Leonardo," He blushed, and I hip bumped him. "Hey, I'm joking,"
"If you say so, Rose," I laughed. I unthreaded my arm and took his hand instead, tugging him onto the dance floor.
"Care to dance?" I asked, a cheeky smile passing across my face.
"I do," A slow song came on, and I placed my hand on his shoulder, the other still in his hand. His other hand rested on my waist. I smiled, and we twirled and danced for a while, but, as loads of other pupils were also dancing, we ended up swaying together; I twined my arms around his neck and lay my head on his shoulder as we swayed gently to the song.
I noticed Lorcan. He wore a red tuxedo, and he was watching me closely. So far he still didn't know who I was dancing with. I smiled at the thought.
"Do you want me to go get a drink for us?" I asked.
"No, I will-"
"It's OK- I'll get it," he nodded, sitting down whilst he waited for me. I made my way over to the stand, but Lorcan beat me there.
"Here, I heard you two wanted a drink- take these," He held out two for me, him and a boy next to him who I didn't recognise had the same ones. I took them, and took a gulp from one of them. It eased my parched throat.
"Umm...thanks," I said, I turned, but the crowd had closed in, to get drinks, so I couldn't see Jazz. I was beginning to feel drowsy, my eyes heavy. Lorcan grabbed my arms.
"No... gerroff," I said sleepily.
"Who were you with?" He whispered in my ear.
"Jazliac," I said yawning. I wasn't supposed to have said that... And then I fell asleep.

Lorcan ¬

Jazliac? You had to be kidding me. She picked him!? Astral had gone limp- the sleeping potion must have taken affect.
"Adrian!" I shouted, who had left the girl to come with me. "Give this to Jazliac when I've gone," It was a drink, and floating on the top, was a sheen. It had the Slytherin logo on it, and one of my snake cufflinks.
I dragged Astral out, feeling the fresh air on my face as I stepped outside. Adrian scuttled off to give the drink to Jazliac, and I swept Astral up so she rested in my arms. I carried her to the tree that was in the heart of the forest, and attached her to it. Grimacing, I sliced a small cut in her arm, and the red liquid dribbled onto the floor. With an unusual feeling settled in my stomach as I left Astral to whatever monster would come rushing to the smell of fresh blood.

[spoilerThe tree Lorcan left her in deep in the forest, attached to a tree. xD [/spoiler]
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

(Her dress:
Spoiler! :
tumblr_lkz7skPdqy1qeds6ko1_r1_500.png
Sorry for the pic on the bottom, don't mind that.
tumblr_lkz7skPdqy1qeds6ko1_r1_500.png (276.71 KiB) Viewed 136 times

I entered the Great Hall to see more bright lights hanging on the ceiling. There were tables of refreshments on the sides of the room, and in the middle, white confetti was scattered. Students were already there, some mingling, some gobbling down on the refreshments, some dancing. I haven't been able to ask Daniel to the ball in time, unfortunately.I quickly try to find Astral, so I could have someone to chat with. I see Jazliac, but not Astral. I look to my right, in time to see Lorcan dragging a -sleepy?- looking Astral. I begin to follow Lorcan.

The Forbidden Forest?! What is Lorcan doing here? I pull out my wand from the straps of my heels. I slowly approach a tree.

"Astral?" I call out quietly. I hear groaning and rustling. That Slytherin, if I knew this were to happen, I would've worn something else than this. I find a sleeping Astral, with a cut arm.

"Astral!" I cried. "Tergeo," I cast the spell. The dried blood around the cut quickly vanished. I put her arm around my shoulders and help her towards the school.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 pm
View Likes

Astral ¬

I was sleepily aware of Heidi pulling me away, but I stopped her, blinking myself awake.
"Rennervate," I said, pulling my wand out of a secret compartment. I felt so awake. I smiled. We stepped forward, and a trip wire was set off. For a moment, me and Heidi shared a look, eyes wide, before a voice echoed through the forest.
"Levicorpus!!!" I felt stinging pain all over my body, and I was turned upside down.
There was a howl behind us, and we turned, twisting our bodies.
A Werewolf stood glaring at us. I gasped.
My wand dropped on the floor.
"Accio!" Heidi shouted, and my wand flew into her hand- she handed it to me as the Werewolf stalked towards us.
"Homorphus!!!" I cried,
My mouth dropped open in shock.

Spoiler! :
Accio Brings an object to you
Aguamenti Creates a gush of water from the tip of the spell caster’s wand
Alohomora Opens locks
Aparecium Makes invisible ink become visible
Avada Kedavra The Unforgivable Curse; Kills your opponent; taken from “Abra Cadabra”
Avifors Turns things into birds
Avis Makes birds fly out of the end of your wand
Bombarda Causes a small, locally contained explosion. To make a bigger explosion, one could use “bombarda maxima”
Colloportus Closes a door and binds it so that it can’t be opened.
Confringo AKA the Blasting Curse; Causes the item targeted to explode
Confundus Confounds your target, or makes them temporarily confused
Conjunctivitis Damages the eyesight of your opponent, making them seem to have pink eye
Crucio The Second Unforgivable Curse, the Cruciatus Curse; Tortures your opponent mercilessly
Deletrius Erases the last spell cast by a wand so that it can’t be discovered
Densaugeo Makes teeth grow out of control
Diffindo Makes seams split open, severs an object into two pieces
Dissendium Opens a specific passageway into a cellar, may be useful in other instances; may be only a password
Duro Turns an item to stone.
Enervate Mistaken spell. Changed to Rennervate. Used to wake up a stunned person
Engorgio Makes an item larger, as in swollen
Episkey Heals relatively minor wounds.
Evanesco Causes an item to immediately dissolve away, as if it had never existed
Expecto Patronum Creates Patronus
Expelliarmus Disarms the target of the spell, such as knocking their wand out of their hand
Fera Verto Transforms animals into water goblets!
Ferula Binds a broken limb with a splint and bandages, tightly wrapped
Fidelius Allows a secret to be hidden within the secret keeper’s soul; very powerful spell
Finite Incantatem Stops any spell
Flagrate Allows the user to write or draw in the air with fire
Flipendo Also knows as the Knockback Jinx, pushes or flips something backwards
Furnunculus Causes a person to break out in boils
Geminio Creates a duplicate of an item (a twin, as in the zodiacal sign Gemini).
Homorphus Man-Shape; makes a werewolf or person disguised as an animal resume their human shape
Immobulus Immobilizes the target
Impedimenta Puts up an impediment that slows down something or someone that is coming toward you
Imperio The third unforgivable curse. Allows the user to assume complete control of another person
Impervius Repels water from a surface
Incarcerous Conjures up ropes, which then bind an opponent
Incendio Lights a fire
Legilimens Allows the user to gain access to another’s mind and memories
Levicorpus Turns your opponent upside down and dangles them in thin air
Liberacorpus “Liberates”, or frees a body that has been caught up by the levicorpus spell
Locomotor Mortis The Leg-Locker Curse; locks an opponent’s legs together
Lumos Creates light, usually by making the tip of the wand glow. More light can be created using “lumos maxima”
Mobiliarbus Used to move a tree from one place to another
Mobilicorpus Used to move a body from one place to another
Morsmordre or Morsmorde Used to summon the Dark Mark
Muffliato Causes a buzzing noise to surround a limited area so that those in the area can carry on a private conversation
Nox Extinguishes light, used to douse the light created by “Lumos”
Obliviate Makes a person “oblivious”, erasing their memories of an event
Orchideous Conjures a bunch of flowers from the user’s wand
Petrificus Totalus Total petrification; petrifies an opponent totally
Point Me The Four Point Spell; makes the user’s wand act like a compass
Portus Turns any item into a Portkey, which can then be used to transport a person or persons to another location.
Prior Incantato Reveals to you the last spell that a wand was used to cast
Protego Protects the user, and sends a spell back on an opponent
Quietus Makes things quiet, used to muffle “Sonorus”
Reducio Shrinks an item
Reducto Blasts solid objects into pieces
Relashio Releases something from being constrained or held
Rennervate Was originally “ennervate”, but corrected by author; means to energize or wake up
Reparo Repairs broken items
Repello Repels something
Repello Muggletum Makes an area invisible to Muggles
Revelio Causes something that is hidden to be revealed
Rictusempra Causes a person to curl up in laughter, as if being tickled
Riddikulus Makes a boggart assume a “ridiculous” form, thereby making it funny instead of terrifying
Salvio Hexia Unclear; seems to strengthen other protective spells, or to deflect any hexes cast toward a specific location
Scourgify Used to clean dirt or other material off of a surface
Sectumsempra Causes lacerations to appear all over an opponent’s body, as if they had been cut by an invisible sword
Serpensortia Conjures a snake
Silencio Makes the target of the spell unable to make any sound.
Sonorus Amplifies the user’s voice
Stupefy Stupefies an opponent, or knocks them insensible temporarily
Tarantallegra Forces an opponent’s legs to dance uncontrollably
Tergeo Scours something clean
Waddiwasi Removes a stuck object, as in a wad of gum that is stuck in a keyhole
Wingardium Leviosa Allows the user to make an object levitate
Signature Pending

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm
View Likes
pudin.junidf says...

I'm sorry I haven't written anything, my internet connection wasn't working =(

Can someone please bring me in? I'd appreciate it so much!
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:26 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Jazliac:

Adrien handed my the cup, and I took one glance at it and threw it at his feet. In a flash, my protectiveness overruled my niceness and my hands were digging into Adrien's shoulders.

"Where is she!" I growled at him.

Before he could answer I threw him away and hunted down Lorcan. I found him easily, almost as if he wanted to be found. He was turned away from me. I grabbed him by the shoulder, spun him around, and the next thing I knew I punched him in the nose. I heard a crackthat made me shiver, but I was to intent on finding Astral to care.

Lorcan rose his wand, but I was quicker, "Accio!"

His wand was now in my hand. Just then, Daniel came up to me, a little frantic, "Jazz, have you seen Heidi? I saw her heading off towards the forbidden woods, but-"

I cut him off, "Oh no! Follow me Daniel."

I turned to Lorcan and snarled, "If anything has happened to them it's your head on a silver platter."

With that, I stalked off with Daniel by my side. As we got into the forbidden forest, I could barely see in front of my face.

"Lumos" Daniel said, his wand now emitting light. I did the same

Suddenly, screams echoed through the forest and Daniel and I glanced at each other. "Run!" Daniel said.

We began running towards their screams, and we got there just in time to see...a werewolf! I nearly passed out at the sight of it! But the next thing I knew, it was transformed back into its human form.

"Liberacorpus!" Daniel said, and Heidi and Astral were back on the ground.

"Imobulus!" I recited, freezing the werewolf, now in its human form.

*Hope this is alright :)*
Live, Love, Laugh

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm
View Likes
pudin.junidf says...

Thanks Fiction :wink:
Daniel
There was a man in front of them, with its clothes shredded apart, and Heidi and Astral frozen in front of it, the fear in their faces was obvious. He ran towards Heidi, and hugged her, held her tight against him.

"Are you ok?" He asked her.

"Yeah, yeah thanks," she said. Daniel then turned to face Astral and asked her the same thing, thankfully, they were both ok.

Jazliac was enraged, he clenched his hands into fists and and pointed his wand towards the immobile man in front of them. The three of them, Heidi, Astral and himself, stared at Jazliac with great expectation.

"Hey, Jazliac, Jaz, calm down," Daniel said to Jazliac as he let Heidi go and walked towards Jaz to put a hand in his shoulder. "Don't do anything you'll regret later on. Besides, if we are to point a finger at anyone, you very well know, to whom it will be." Daniel finished as Jazliac slowly lowered his wand and walked towards the girls.

Adrian
He helped Lorcan get to his feet, but he was surprised to see that even though his nose was broken, a smile was spreading across his face.

"Man, you just had your nose broken," said Adrian as he handed Lorcan a handkerchief so that he could wipe away all the blood.

"I know, but I couldn't have asked for more. Astral might as well be far gone by now, and Jazliac in her search, might have the same ending." Lorcan said as he threw away the blood filled handerkerchief away."

"He's a bit stronger than you think, that Jazliac boy," Adrian said, not wanting to offend or contradict any of Lorcan's opinions. "besides, he didn't exactly go there alone." Finished Adrian as Lorcan glared at him with hate and rage showing in his eyes.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver