z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:43 pm
gleek456 says...

Dear, Ms./Mr. __________,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed form of your enrollment. Term begins on Spetember 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Gleek456
Deputy Headmistress (Storybook Creator)

After the war between Dumbledore's Army and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Hogwarts has been continuing it's educational purpose after the notable students have graduated. Letters are being sent to future students, and Hogwarts staff making special appearances for Muggles.

You have either received a letter, or has been given a letter by a Hogwarts staff member. You have magic in you, and have been accepted into Hogwarts to learn more of your given magic. You are living life in the Hogwarts school, and anything can happen as long as it's Harry Potter related.You can play as a Pureblood or a Muggle.

For Hogwarts Students:
You may take this Sorting Hat quiz to determine your House:
Spoiler! :
http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html

Your Enrollment profile:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Age/ What year are you?:

Pureblood or Muggle?

Appearance:

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?

What is your wand made of?

Skills:

Weaknesses:

History:

Personality:

Up for love?

Other:

The staff of Hogwarts:
Spoiler! :
Headmaster: NPC (Incorporate into your posts)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogwarts_staff

Rules:
1. No god-modding, this is HARRY POTTER!
2. Swearing is allowed, but don't take it to far.
3. Romance is allowed, don't take that too far either.
4. Violence is the same thing with rules 2 and 3.
5. Don't double post unless no one has posted in 24 hours.
6. Don't kill off anyone's characters without permission.
7. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
8. House points, prefects, and Head Girl/Boy things are NOT included in the SB, too much detail.
9. Your weakness affect your character!

Character Slots
Hogwarts Students: Gryffindor (Closed)
1. Evryn "Ev" Summers - StoryWeaver13
2. Jazliac Winston Piers - fictionfanatic
3. Artemisia "Arty" Star - Ladyofthedeathroses
4. Astral Avian - PrincessofDarkness

Hogwarts Students: Ravenclaw (Closed)
1. Kadence Karss - RainyDay
2. Maggie Putnam - Funkymomo (Dropped Out)
2. Jacob "Jake" Peer- goofysmurf1
3. Jamie Peterson - Liv
4. Lima Hawkens - Noelle

Hogwarts Students: Hufflepuff (Closed)
1. Malcolm "Mac" Boyd - Kaywiia
2. Heidi Susan Plummings - gleek456
3. Dakotah Karss - RainyDay
4. Daniel "Dan" Mathisen - pudin.junidf

Hogwarts Students: Slytherin (Closed)
1. Nakita Janser - Justagirl
2. Lorcan MythBlood - PrincessofDarkness
3. Taylor Venus Snow - Emmzziee (Dropped out)
4. Adrian Devon Da'Venti - pudin.junidf
Please have fun with this one! I don't want this one to die when it didn't even start!
Harry Potter forever! <3
Last edited by gleek456 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 30 times in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 pm
Justagirl says...

Yes! First here! :D Also, you may want to add an 'Appearance' line for the fill-out form. I'll be adding one in mine if that's alright with you :wink:

Name: Nakita Janser.

Age/ What year are you?: Year 3, 13.

Pureblood or Muggle? Pureblood.

When you took the quiz, which House did you get? Slytherin.

What is your wand made of? Pine, 14" long, dragon heartstring.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
(Ignore the water mark XD) Image

Tall and thin, with long fingers and a few light freckles across the bridge of her nose.

Skills: Studying. She's also pretty good at remembering things, though she may not get a spell correct on the first or second try. Also good insulter.

Weaknesses: Feels like the world is always pounding down on her, therefore very prickly on the outside but sweet and nice inside.

History: Raised in a regular pureblood family Nakita never had anything out-of-the-ordinary happen to her. When she was 10 her older brother, Michael, was killed in a Quidditch accident outside of Hogwarts. Nakita has always been afraid of brooms, Quidditch, and flying since.

Personality: She'll pick on anyone's imperfection - excepting the Slytherins - , and is pretty untrusting, but she has a few close friends who she opens herself up to.

Up for love? If you can see past her seemingly mean outside.

Other: She has a dark gray owl named Helena.
Last edited by Justagirl on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:08 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Oh right! I knew I was forgetting something...

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 pm
Justagirl says...

gleek456 wrote:Oh right! I knew I was forgetting something...

No worries :D

-Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Ohh, cool!

Name: Evryn (Ev) Summers

Age/ What year are you?: 16

Pureblood or Muggle?: Halfblood

Appearance: Red-auburn hair, green eyes, athletically-built, naturally pretty but doesn't wear a lot of makeup

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?: Gryffindor

What is your wand made of?: 11" Willow with Dragon heartstring

Skills: Magical animals. Very good at flying also.

Weaknesses: She can be really shy. While she's really loyal to the friends she has, she can be initially untrusting and making friends can take time with her. She is also fearless to a fault when it comes to...well, just about anything.

History: Her mother was a very skilled witch, while her father was a muggle. Her powers seem to be somewhere in between...while she's good at flying and has a knack for mythical creatures (and wants to train dragons someday), her wand skills definitely need some control. She's the oldest of six kids who aren't in school yet.

Personality: A nature-lover and generally lighthearted, but a bit of a loner at times. On the other hand, there aren't a ton of dares she can turn down, and when it comes to adventure she's always in. And in the end, her heart is in the right place.

Up for love?: Sure, why not?

Other: She has a black owl with a silver crescent-moon shape around one eye; named Artemis
Last edited by StoryWeaver13 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:01 am
fictionfanatic says...

Seriously!? Me and my friends just had a Harry Potter marathon today and I was thinking of making and SB on hogwartz all day! You completely read my mind!

Name: Jazliac Winston Piers

Age/ What year are you?: 15

Pureblood or Muggle?: Mud-Blood *if I'm correct, that means that he's a wizard born to a family of humans? Though I think that was the offensive term. Is there an official term?*

Appearance: Jazliac stands at five feet seven inches. He has smooth, pale skin, messy black hair, and eyes bluer than the sky. He's average weight, okay in the muscle department, and he always wears a soft smile. Both of his thighs and knees are covered in burn scars
Spoiler! :

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?: Gryffindor

What is your wand made of?: 9" Oak with Unicorn hair

Skills: Magical Creatures, Potions, Great Memory, Good with a wand, Good with casting spells, Quick, Smart.

Weaknesses: Gets stir crazy, always has to be doing something with his hands, deathly afraid of fire (small fires, like candles, he'll keep glancing at nervously and tap his fingers against something. The bigger it gets, the more he freaks.).

History: Jazliac was born to a long line of pure muggles. It was a major shock when they found out Jazliac was a wizard, and at first they didn't believe it. But everytime Jazliac got mad (on the very very rare occasion that that happens) he would go crazy with his powers without even realizing it. His parents are actually really supportive of his wizardry now. When he was nine years old, he was coking on the stove. He climbed up on the counter to reach the cabinets, and toppled over ontp of the lit stove. His pants caught fire, he screamed bloody murder while writhing in pain, and his mother ran in. She grabbed him under his arms, not even worried about catching herself on fire. She rushed him to the bathroom, stuck him in the tub, turned on the cold water, and pulled the burning pants off of his legs. His legs now bare burns.

Personality: Jazliac is a very sweet, is a good, kind hearted person. He's nice to everyone, even Slytherin who make fun of him for calling him a "mudblood.". He always finds something to be glad about, and is the spitting image (personality wise) of Pollyanna. Although he is nice, he's not afraid to get mean if he's defending his parents and/or his friends - he can get pretty nasty, and when he does get that way, watch out, he pents up a lot of anger. He has a love for Magical Creatures, and any animal/creature for that matter. He's extremely smart and has a impecible memory. He can get very protective of people. However, he usually never hurts a fly. He doesn't believe in killing and he's never even thought the word hate.

Up for love?: Sure

Other: Male (in case you couldn't tell from all the he's hims and his'.)
He has a pet kitten. It is an orange tabby named Tumbleweed. On her front right paw, she has a white symbol of a moon.
Spoiler! :
This minus the collar. Image

He's NEVER seen without Tubleweed.

*Hope this is alright.*
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 am
Apple says...

Save a spot. Will post a profile when I'm finally let out of school. :D For a male character, I think.
I spy!

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 am
Emmzziee says...

Hey, yes, save me a spot too :D

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 am
Noelle says...

Can you save me a spot for a female student?
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm
View Likes
Kaywiia says...

Name: Malcom "Mac" Boyd

Age/ What year are you?: 17, Sixth Year

Pureblood or Muggle?: Pureblood

Appearance: He's fairly tall, at 6'0''. He has short light brown hair and green eyes. Not a ton of muscle, but he's fit.
Spoiler! :

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?: Huffelpuff

What is your wand made of?: Yew, 8", Unicorn Hair core

Skills: His best subjects are care of magical creatures and astrology. He also has a knack for food-related charms. Mac is very loyal and a good friend.

Weaknesses: Not very studious. Has trouble actually casting charms (unless food related). Can't do potions for anything. Terrible with girls (as more than friends).

History: He grew up with a moderately wealthy pureblood family in scottland. His mother and father both went to Hogwarts, and met there. His mother was very smart, while his father was more carefree. Mac has been at hogwarts for six years and has done fairly well. He has one older brother who has been out of school for a while and is working with the Ministry in Muggle Relations. He also has a younger sister who will get her letter next year.

Personality: He's a do-good help others type of person. He is generally well-liked and respected by people of many houses and has a lot of friends. He gets a bit nervous around girls he likes, but keeps many as friends. He loves gambling for fun. People think he's pretty funny, though he doesn't know why. He isn't very studious, and has some trouble with magic, but has no shortage of friends to help him out when he needs the lift.

Up for love?: Sure.

Other: He has a brown pet owl named Forbes.
Last edited by Kaywiia on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

82 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 pm
gleek456 says...

fictionfanatic: Since you got a cross between two houses, I'll let you pick one. And the pets can be put in the Other category.

Everyone: I keep forgetting to put certain categories! First appearance, now gender. If you can, can you edit your profile to fit in gender please? Thank you! Sorry for the confusion! I can't edit the post, since I'm using an iPod.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm
Emmzziee says...

Name:
Taylor Venus Snow
Age/ What year are you?:
12; Year 2
Pureblood or Muggle?
Pureblood
Appearance:
Very emotionless stupor yet fierce-looking eyes - unusual eyebrows. Pale skin. Does not wear make-up. Eyes are very dark already.
Black hair. Greasy. Elbow-length. Raffishly cut. Usually worn in high pony-tail.
Would look very pretty, if she was to make more of an effort. Looks old for her age.
Of average weight.
Spoiler! :
amyleeev.jpg
Taylor Venus Snow
amyleeev.jpg (5.8 KiB) Viewed 643 times

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?
Slytherin
What is your wand made of?
Raven Skin and Muggle Blood
Skills:
Can cast shadows over a person for days. (rare)
Weaknesses:
Takes revenge very seriously.
History:
History is unknown. Found starving and dirty outside of a Muggle shopping mall at age nine and now refuses to talk about her past. No physic mind-readings have been performed yet.
Personality:
Fierce and withdrawn.
Up for love?
No.
Other:
Taylor is female and has a pet rat whom she is devoted to.
Spoiler! :
asplosh.png
Boo
asplosh.png (303.07 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Last edited by Emmzziee on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I want to play a game.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:00 pm
Funkymomo says...

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss! I'm so doing this!

Name: Maggie Putnam

Age/ What year are you?: 14, 4th year

Pureblood or Muggle? half-blood

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, 5'6", and not muscular at all. She looks fast, but she isn't.
Spoiler! :
Christie-Burke-twilight.jpg
Christie-Burke-twilight.jpg (55 KiB) Viewed 726 times

When you took the quiz, which House did you get? Ravenclaw

What is your wand made of? Oak,12 1/4 inches, phoenix tail.

Skills: Strategy, planning, good at art, and wandwork.

Weaknesses: no stamina, strength, or fashion sense ( not that she cares about that). Also very self consious and believes that she's one of the worst students, even though she's not.

History: youngest of five, all of her siblings are out of hogwarts. Her mother is a pureblood american witch and her father's a brittish muggle. They both ignore her most of the time, only giving her attention when she does something bad or amazing. four of her five siblings were in Slytherin, and the other one, ravenclaw. Her parents favorite children were the Slytherins, because her parents believed power was more important than being witty.

Personality: She's quiet, smart, and organized. Often she tries extra hard at things she doesn't like to do to please her parents. She spends her free time comparing life to chess, or playing wizards chess. She also enjoys drawing, painting, and art. She likes being outside and reading. She's not very friendly to people at first, but if you're her friend she's very funny, kind, and caring. She rarely shares her art or other talents with people. She's confused about who she is and what she'll do when she's older.

Up for love? yes

Other: The sorting hat considered putting her in Slytherin, but she wasn't sure she wanted power, so she was put in Ravenclaw. Also, she had a pet cat named Zorro ( Male)
Last edited by Funkymomo on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 am
Noelle says...

Name: Lima Hawkens

Age/ What year are you? 11, 1st year

Pureblood or Muggle?Muggle

Appearance: Tall and skinny, dyed black hair and black eyes. Her original hair color is brown.
Spoiler! :
untitled.png
sorry about the logo in the middle of the picture
untitled.png (72.51 KiB) Viewed 714 times

When you took the quiz, which House did you get? Ravenclaw

What is your wand made of? rosewood, 10", dragon heartstring

Skills: spells, potion making, good with animals

Weaknesses: lack of confidence, doesn't think on her feet, keeps to herself mostly

History: She has two older brothers, neither of them wizards. Her parents were suprised when they found out she was a witch, so suprised they almost didn't let her go to Hogwarts. She fought them for months and they finally let her go. They finally gave in, even though they still didn't like the fact that their daughter was going halfway across the counrty to a hidden castle.

Personality: She isn't the most social person ever. She enjoys reading any book that grabs her interest. She lacks confidence of any kind, so she doesn't try anything new. Although she's not that social, she is a very loyal friend. She enjoys being outdoors. Her favorite place to study is under a tree by the lake.

Up for love? nope

Other: she has a barn owl named Hess
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:53 am
RainyDay says...

Males seem to be out numbered. Ill make a male, please. Ill make the profile tomorrow

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda