z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 pm
Liv says...

*Yes, I'm posting a profile. It took me from the time I posted that to Princess til now to finish it (I also had to walk my dog because it's going to storm soon when I was half way through, so that's why it' taken so long)*

Name: Jamie Peterson

Age/ What year are you?: 16

Pureblood or Muggle?: MudBlood *what's the official term for this? Is there one?*

Appearance: Jamie stands at exactly six feet tall. He has a strong build with broad shoulders, muscular arms, legs, and stomach, and he is a little over average weight, but not fat. He has a strong, square jawline, hands too big in proportion to the rest of his body, and a mop of straight, jet black hair that hangs in his eyes. His eyes are two different colors, the left one being green and the right one being blue. He looks older than he actually is and he has a scar going across his chest.

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?: *Um, oddly, three way tie between Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw, but I see we still need a male for Ravenclaw, so...* Ravenclaw

What is your wand made of?: 10" Holly with a Chimaera Scale core.

Skills: Magical Creatures, Fantastic flyer and Quidditch player, Knows a vast amount of spells, charms, incantations, and even curses. He's quite intelligent. Also, he's rather quick, and he's outstanding with a with a wand.

Weaknesses: Dreadful at potion making, Stubborn, Protective, Doesn't really think before he does things, he just does them. Isn't exactly serious all the time. Never backs down from a fight.

History: There are a few witches and wizards related to him and his muggle family, but not anyone that would have influenced him being a wizard. Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. His father was long gone before he was born - Jamie as an accident that occured when his mother and father were seventeen and sixteen. When he was two years old he showed his first sign of being a wizard, his mother got scared. She didn't know how to handle a kid, let alone a wizard kid. So, she left Jamie at her older sister's, who is a witch, house. He grew up with his Aunt Clara, who is a witch, and his Uncle Andrew, who is a wizard. However, they treated Jamie as if he were their own son. He even calls the two of them Mum and Dad, since that's what they are to him. Jamie's mother recently tried to contact him through letter, but he is too frightened to open it, so keep it tucked away in his trunk for the day he gains the courage to open it. When Jamie was thirteen years old, he him and his Mum got into a car accident. He broke three ribs and he has a scar going across his chest.

Personality: Jamie is that guy who always seems to have something to smile about. He's very open and willing to talk to anyone. He's very kind and never turns his back on anyone. He's a big talker, but knows when to stop. He's a big goof and a huge jokster, and sometimes has trouble being serious. However, he gets very protective of people. He could see someone he doesn't even know being picked on or being hurt, and he'd go right up to the antagonist and get them to stop, whether it be with words, spells, or throwing a punch, it depends on what they're doing. Despite this, he is a very friendly person, and he's friends with all kinds of people from all kinds of houses from all kinds of bloodlines. He doesn't believe in discrimination, and he believes that everyone has some good in them. He's quick to forgive, too. He can't hold a grudge or stay mad for his life, though he doesn't want to anyway.

Up for love?: Sure

Other: He has a pet cat named Thalia (tahl-ee-uh)
Spoiler! :
Thalia has one green eye (left) and one blue eye (right). She was given to him recently by his Mum and Dad, both because of her eyes and his old Calico cat, Abby, died.Image

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 pm
View Likes
paperbackheart says...

TOTALLY WANT TO JOIN!!!!

Name: Adrian Devon Da'Venti

Age/ What year are you?: 15, year 5

Pureblood or Muggle?: Muggle-born

Appearance: about 6'4", lean, bright green eyes, long black hair tyed back behind his head, tan skin. (Can't find a picture, but if you can, please tell me.)

When you took the quiz, which House did you get?: Slytherin, surprisingly.

What is your wand made of?: Wood: Holly; Core: Dragon heartstring; 14 inches.

Skills: Great at making people laugh, Charms and any hex, smart with good memory, athletic.

Weaknesses: vicious temper (rarely seen), unobservant most of the time, lazy

History: Born into a house of poor Muggles who were intrigued by the occult. When they found out that he was a wizard, they took it very well and even tried to force magic out of him. He is the sixth out of eight children. His mother and father found out about the magic when the factory was forced to shut down one day because the machines exploded. This was after Adrian was taken to the factory to work there part time. His parents put two and two together after it happened again and again when he worked there. He was eight then. His sisters don't accept him however and envy him because he gets most of the attention from his parents.

Personality: He is laid back, a joker, and loves to just have fun. He also has a dark side where he's sneaky and enjoys pranking people, though he has rarely been caught. He seems to be oblivious to a lot of things, and if you make fun of him, he'll laugh with you, though he'll get revenge on you later. He doesn't seem like the typical Slytherin, but he makes it through there well.

Up for love?: Sure.

Other: He has two cats named Smokey and Deebo. He also has passion for technology and computers and finds magic a waste.
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 pm
gleek456 says...

Sorry, but there's one spot left for Slytherin, and I'm saving that for someone else. Sorry for the confusion.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:19 pm
paperbackheart says...

Aw okay. All the other houses is filled I think, so just forget about it.
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm
gleek456 says...

Guys! Guess what? We can start now! I'll start off, we're all in the Hogwarts Express, and the seating arrangement is one group is a House, sounds easy?

Heidi Plummings

I make my way to the Hufflepuff's side of the Hogwart's Express, and sit with a few boys in Hufflepuff. I shove my belongings on a rack above me. I sit down, and flip my hair off my shoulders. The boys didn't seem like talking, so I take out a book fromthe bag with me, and begin reading. I clear my throat.

"For boys, you don't seem talkative," I said without my eyes leaving the book.

(I gave you a start Hufflepuff's!)

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 pm
pudin.junidf says...

yay!! I'm so excited!

Daniel-Hufflepuff

He made his way to the Hufflepuff side of the train, a side he had known for 6 years now. This time though, was the last time he was going to be sitting there, expecting to go to school for it was his last year in Hogwarts. So he found the place and lifted his suitcase to place in the rack above the seats. Quite a habit, he thought, as he remembered the first time he had come to this side of the train.

After doing so, he sat down and took out a magazine from his suitcase. It was a muggle magazine, since he spent the summer with his father. He started reading it, and as time went by the train started to full, the seats near him started to be taken. He met all of them for they, just as him, had been in Hogwarts for a long time.

Suddenly a girl made her way to them, and sat down with a book in her hand, but apparently it had started to bore her for she cleared her throat and talked.
"For boys, you don't seem talkative," She said, her voice sounding a little amused.
He smiled a little and turned to her. It was Heidi.

"Well, I'm not doing anything, want to talk?" Daniel said as he got up from his seat and sat beside her. "Let´s pretend I don't know you. I'm Daniel, I'm a Hufflepuff, I'm currently living in the Hogwarts Express and incredibly bored. Who are you?" He saw her smile a little, and it was enough to him. He liked making people smile.

"Oh come on, Daniel," She said, poking his arm.

"You said you wanted to talk didn't you?" Daniel said smiling.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

82 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I smiled back. Same old Daniel. Always being playful. I rolled my eyes.

"Techincally speaking, yes," I said teasingly. Daniel chuckled. "Well, I'm talking to you," he said.

"I can see that," I said. I looked bak to my book, read about four words, then put I down. This is strange for me. I never pass on a good opportunity to read, but this trip is boring me to death! I'm waiting for the cart, so I can buy some food and maybe a catalog of the Quibbler.

"I am utterly bored, entertain me," I said teasingly. Daniel chuckled.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 pm
Funkymomo says...

Maggie Putnam

The country scenery flashed by my window as the train made it's way to Hogwarts. I absentmindedly doodled in my large sketchpad. this was normal for me, being alone. It's not that I couldn't make friends, I just hadn't found any in my previous years at Hogwarts. I was hoping this year I'd find someone to connect with for the next four years.

As the country side blurred together more from the train's speed, I began to focus on my drawing. It was of me in a field having a picnic, alone. Other than the grass and sky, the only other thing in the picture was Zorro, my cat.
If life were chess, I'd be the knight, alone in the middle of the chessboard, no allies in sight. But who would the enemy be? School? My parents? Life itself?

Maybe it was the fact that I was comparing my unknown enemies to chess that pushed potential friends away.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm
RainyDay says...

Dakotah:

"Dakotah," Kadence said softly,

"I'll see you during dinner." I said in my louder voice, giving my twin brother a smile.

He clapped me on the shoulder, giving me his soft smile, and then turned to head over to his section of the train.

When I got to the Hufflepuff section, I saw Dan and Heidi already talking, and it looks like Malcom has yet to come aboard.

"I am utterly bored. Entertain me." Heidi said as I slid the door closed behind me.

"What, no reading material?" I teased, a wide smile on my face.

Lugging my trunk onto the overhead rack, I flopped down onto one of the seats.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 pm
RainyDay says...

Kadence:

When Dakotah an I parted ways, I headed towards the Ravenclaw section of the bus. Once I got there, Maggie was the only one in there already.

"Hello Maggie." I said softly, settling my trunk on the overhead rack and taking a seat across from her.

She nodded a hello in response. We sat there for a little bit quietly, and she started back up with her drawing. The cart rolled by, and the woman slid the door open, "You two want anything?"

Taking a few coins from my pocket, I stood. "I'll take a licorish whip, some chocolate, and an edition of the Quibbler, please"

Politely, I turned back to Maggie and asked, "Would you like anything?"

180 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:27 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Daniel

"Dakotah" He said smiling as he rose up to hug her a little. Now he was surrounded by girls, but he enjoyed it. Dakotah and Heidi greeted each other soon after.

"So you see, my friend Heidi here wants me to entertain her." He smiled teasingly at both of them and they smiled back. It was not so boring for him, after all, he had some great companion there. "Should I, the absolutely great Daniel entertain her?"

"You should grow up Daniel, you really should." Heidi said, laughing.

"I'll eventually grow up. Besides that's what girls like about me, right pal?" He said to Dakotah who was staring at them and laughing.

"Yeah...no, Daniel, you have to climb down your really high horse." He said jokingly, making Daniel stare at him accusingly, as if he had just ruined his joke. But at least Heidi and him were laughing.

"Thanks, Dakotah." Heidi said to him. Daniel laughed a bit a poked Heidi, as he looked rapidly looked outside the window. He was indeed having a good time, but he couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts for he always thought of it as his home.
Last edited by pudin.junidf on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*cough cough* um...yeah, that's awkward...Dakotah is kind of a...dude...

Jazliac:

As I made my way to the Gryffindor area, I had to pass the Slytherin. I'm not sure which one, but I heard on of them mutter, "Mudblood."

Nodding towards them, I responded, "Nice to see you all again."

When I opened my door, no one else was in there yet. Quickly, I put my luggage up on the rack, and made my way to the Hufflepuff section.

When I slid the door open, I spotted Mac, and said excitidley, "Mac!"
Live, Love, Laugh

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 pm
RainyDay says...

Yes, Dakotah is a dude. I'll edit it here.

Dakotah:

"Dakotah" Dan said with a smile as he rose up to give me a friendly hug (...?). We hadn't seen each other in quite a while.

"So you see, my friend Heidi here wants me to entertain her." He said with a smile. "Should I, the absolutely great Daniel entertain her?"

"You should grow up Daniel, you really should." Heidi said, laughing.

"I'll eventually grow up. Besides that's what girls like about me." Daniel said teasingly as he changed seats and sat next to me. "Right Dakotah" He asked, probably just for support from another guy.

"Yeah...No, Daniel, you have to climb down your really high horse." I said, my throaty laughter escaping my mouth.

180 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:39 pm
pudin.junidf says...

haha seriously? I'll edit then, Sorry Rain!

Ps. Why is he named Dakotah? :wink:
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 pm
RainyDay says...

Dakotah can be a guy's name. It's the H that makes it for a guy, I believe.

And, um, my brother name is Dakotah...hahaha :)

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"