z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Closed)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I glared at Lorcan, after he offered me the invite. He'll probably use me for something devious if I say yes, but if I say no, he might try to ruin Astral's night. Lorcan's eyes said something like that. I can't believe it. I'm crossed between yes and no for a Slytherin's invite. I cross my arms.

"I'll think about it, but don't think I'll answer fast," I said with a tone, glaring at Lorcan before moving on to the 4th collection of shelves.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jazliac

I held my letter tightly as I made my way to the Owlrey. The letter was for my mother and father, containing pages and pages of what's been going on, the ball, my need for dress robes, and Astral. When I reached the Owlrey, Astral was standing there.

"Hello beautiful. Take this to mum and dad, will you?" And the owl was off.

"What did it say?" I asked, my usual soft smile on my face.

"Just asking for a dress for the ball. Any requests?" She asked. And was that a...teasing tone?

My smile widened and and walked over to one of the owls, fastening my letter to its leg, and gave it the directions.

Turning back to Astral, I responded teasingly, a big smile on my face "Something with huge bows, lots of lace, three different shades of pink, and a huge hoop skirt! Oh, and a bonnet that ties under your chin."
Live, Love, Laugh

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm
Noelle says...

My internet hasn't been working for the past three days and I couldn't get on. Now I'm kind of lost. Could someone bring Lima in please? Or just give me a basic idea of what's happening now.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:16 pm
gleek456 says...

Don't mind this.
Last edited by gleek456 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Lorcan ¬

"I won't wait forever, pretty," I said, stalking her as she walked over to the bookshelves. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close, whispering in her ear. She stiffened, so I drew her in closer. She tried to get out, so I tightened my grip, my lips whispering just below her ear. She was majorly freaked. "None of that now, pretty. Say Yes, and everything will be fine. If you say No, Astral might not see the end of the ball." I laughed cruelly.
"Heidi?!" Dan had just walked into the library, to us attached to each other, as if we were going out. I smiled at Daniel.
"Not a word to him, or Astral, well....." I murmured in her ear. I left the sentance in the air, and smiled at Dan.
"I just got a date for the Ball, now if you'll excuse me, I have some dress robes to sort out," I pecked her on the cheek, smiling cruelly. She looked at me with wide eyes. I smiled out her. "Later, pretty," I walked out of the library, Adrian in tow.

Astral ¬

I laughed, trying to imagine me in a dress like that.
"I'll see what I can do," I chuckled, giving him a fake curtsy. He gave a low bow back. I smiled and held out my hand.
"Care to dance?" He nodded his head, and swept towards me. He took my hand and twirled me round. I laughed, a wide smile crossing my face. "At least I know my partner hasn't got two left feet!"
He chuckled, saying: "So you're accepting my offer?"
I frowned, "I already did, didn't I?"
"Well, yes but ... it didn't seem very ... true,"

"I guess so, no one else is gonna invite me,"

"Oh, God, I'm so sorry," I gave him a warm hug. I entwined my arms around his neck, and his hands rested on my hips. "Come on, class'll start soon,"
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I stood there in shock, as Daniel stared at me with a crazed and confused looked. I shake my head, and sit on the ground. I bury my face in my hands, still shaking my head. I don't know what Daniel was doing, since I couldn't really see him.

"Lorcan's going to hurt Astral if I don't say yes," I whispered quietly. I take deep breaths and think it over.

If I say yes, I can still have a chance to ask the person I really want to invite, but Astral's night would be ruined. If I say yes, my night will be ruined, and Astral will have the night of her life. I need to talk to Astral, as soon as possible.

(Shortness!)

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Astral ¬

I parted ways with Jazz, feeling a unusual feeling in the pit of my stomach - Longing.
I walked down the corridor passed the library, and bumped into Heidi.
"Astral!"
"Heidi?" Tears welled in her eyes.
"Lorcan invited me to the Ball. If I said No, he said he'd ruin your night," She sniffed.
I grabbed her shoulders and shook her,
"Don't be silly, Heidi, you're my best friend, and you are NOT goin gto the ball with Lorcan. Go with Danny,"
Signature Pending

84 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

Jazliac

"I'll see what I can do," Astral said with a chuckle, then dipping into a curtsy.

With a smile, I played along and gave a low bow. She smiled and held her hand out towards me.

"Care to dance?" She asked.

With a nod, I approached her. Taking her hand in mine, I twirled her round. A genuine laugh escaped her mouth, a wide smile across her face. I loved seeing her like this.

"At least I know my partner hasn't got two left feet!"

With a chuckle, I spun her again to face me and asked "So you're accepting my offer?"

She gave a frown, a confused look crossing her face, "I already did, didn't I?"

"Well, yes but...it didn't seem very...true,"

I saw her take a moment to think, and then she looked shocked.

"Oh, God, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug. Her arms entwined around my neck, and I rest my hands on her waist. "Come on, class'll start soon,"

*Now to bring in Jamie and Lima :)*

After we parted ways, I ran into Lima in the hall. And I mean literally ran into her. The two of us toppled over, and for a moment just sat there. Then I started laughing.

"I'm so sorry" I said "My mind was somewhere else, i wasn't paying attention."

A kid from Lima's house, Ravenclaw I believe, appeared next to us. Jamie, I believe. He looked down at us with his green and blue eyes, a smile on his face, and he offered us both one of his hands, "Need a hand?"
Live, Love, Laugh

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I smiled at Astral, but then my smiled disappeared.

"But what about you?" I ask with a worked tone. Astral laughed nervously and held her hands up.

"Don't worry about me," she assured. I give her a worried look and decide to refuse to Lorcan.

"Okay, if you say so. I'm going to talk to Lorcan," I say. I wave to Astral before turning and searching for Lorcan, then Daniel.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm
Emmzziee says...

Dude, I feel really left out right here ;)
Where are all of the Slytherins? :D
I want to play a game.

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Emmzziee,

LOL. You want Slytherin? You got one :wink:

Lorcan ¬

Heidi had doubled back.
She now stood in front of me, hands on hips.
"No,"
"Excuse me?"
"I'm not accepting your offer,"
I growled, voice low and threatning. "Are you sure? We wouldn't want to see her in the Forbidden Forest during the ball, would you? I've heard there are lots of things in there. Werewolves, Spiders, and all manner of nasty things."
Her face paled with every sentance.
"No," Her voice shook, then hardened. "No,"
I gave a short, humorless chuckle. "You've just sealed your friends fate, Heidi, I hope you feel proud," My voice turned mocking. I laughed. "Come on Adrian. I wouldn't want to be seen with her, at the ball anyway," And we departed. I laughed, turning to Adrian once we were out of earshot.
"She fell for it,"
"What?"
"Wake up, stupid. Of course she was going to say no. For one, she doesn't know Astral that well, and two, what Hufflepuff would want to go with a Slytherin?"
"Err..."
"You weren't meant to answer that. Come one. Until the ball, we are going to completley ignore them. Not even look at them. That'll sure shock 'em."

Astral �

Heidi scampered off, to decline his invitation, I hoped.

I'm just going to say it's about a day later, so we can all get our dress robes *Squee!*

I yawned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Post was arriving today. I smiled. Since I'd met Heidi and the gang, life seemed so much better. And Jazz. I smiled. I sure hoped he liked the dress.

I spooned the beans into my mouth.
"Just ask him, Heidi."
"I-I... what if he says no?"
"He won't! I'm sure of it,"
"OK, I will... when he gets here,"
I heard the familiar cry of my Owl, Yann, and whistled back. He swooped down, a package in his talons. Smiling, I tied it from his leg and looked at the tag.

Astral, a gown that will suit you perfectly in every way.
-Mom and Dad

I popped it next to me.
"What's that?" Jazz asked.
"You'll find out ... tommorow evening," I grinned. I wasn't going to risk opening it in front of Jazz.
Yann squawked at me. Tied to his leg, again, was another package. I unfurled it, and Mom's neclace dropped onto the table. I gasped in shock. "Here," Jazz said. He picked up the neclace carefully, and his hands brushed the back of my neck as he clasped it shut. "It's beautiful," He murmured. It was. I smiled at him, and, for now, I felt on top of the world.

Spoiler! :

You aint gonna know what my dress looks like until the ball :wink: :P
Last edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 pm
gleek456 says...

Heidi Plummings

I headed back to the Hufflepuff table in the Great Hall, after talking to Astral. Okay, I already know what to do and say wen Daniel gets here. Wait, what if he's mad at me because of what happened in the library? I shake the though away when an owl dropped a package in my hands. I open it in my seat and gape at what I see. I quickly close the package and read the note.

Good luck at the ball - Your family.

I smile at the note. My family is always being simple when it came to loving things. I set the package on my lap, and begin to eat breakfast.

(Gonna post dress later when it's the ball.)

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 pm
Kaywiia says...

I can't keep up with this, I'm sorry. Vacation.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

84 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jazliac:

I an owl screech, and Astral whistled back. The owl swooped down, a package in his talons. A smile on her face, Astral took the present from the owl's foot.

Astral placed the package beside her.

"What's that?" I asked, stretching my neck to try and sneak a peek.

"You'll find out ... tommorow evening," She said with a grin.

The owl cried again. Tied to his leg, again, was another package. Astral untied it, and a necklace fell onto the table. A gasp escaped Astral's mouth

"Here," I said, picking up the neclace carefully, not wanting to damage it.

I brushed her hair away from her neck and hooked the clasp around her neck, "It's beautiful,"

Astral smiled at me, and her smile touched her eyes.
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 pm
RainyDay says...

Dakotah

While Kadence talked to a first year, I approached Heidi.

"So...Heidi...wanna go to the ball with me?" I said teasingly.

A brief look of panic crossed her face and she glanced over at Daniel.

I couldn't help but start laughing. My laughter echoed against the walls, and Heidi smacked my arm, "You scared me!"

"Hey, I was kidding! I knew you were going to ask Daniel. Heck, I'm surprised Daniel doesn't know! Besides, I would never go to a dance with you."

"Thanks a lot!"

Placing my arm around her shoulder, I replied, "Aw come one Heidi, you're too much like a sister. That'd be like...taking Kadence to the ball."

"I thought you and Kadence usually went to the balls together?"

Pretending to be confused, I said over dramatically, "What? Me? Kadence? Psh! Never! He's not my brother, he's my best friend!"

"You dork." SHe said pushing me away playfully.

"Yeah, and you're asking, DANIEL right now." I screamed Daniel's name so to get his attention.

"HAVE FUN!" I yelled at Daniel.

*Noelle, you can make up a convo with Kadence if you ike. My computer is dying. Include Jamie, he still needs to get in*

Almost all absurdity of conduct rises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
— Samuel Johnson