z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:49 am
View Likes
emwolf1998 says...

(OCC)

LOL Dragonette, i read your part. It was really good. Too bad you were on vacation, because that was really good. But maybe you could still make it work some where in here.
~Wolf~

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 am
Apple says...

Spoiler! :
OOC: I still somehow think that could work, Dee. Just leave it in, there are really no character interactions that shape the story to something different anyway, it'll fit brilliantly. So I hope you don't mind but I am going to drag Mickey into my post. :wink: Also this is going to be a large post because I have a lot to cover.

So Subject, is that okay how I did it? I wasn't sure how to place it in.

Gabe Patterson:

I could feel sweat begin to bud from every pore in my body. Not Jen, please let that not be the same Jen from the Sayers. Maybe it was just a telemarketer from some other country that hadn't been blown to peices? I could see her form in my mind as I read over the message again and again, my heart beginning to beat one hundred miles per second. I knew this was going to happen, I knew she could never forget me (and not in the cocky way either)! She wasn't just going to let the Sayers kick me to the curb, I had made her promised before hand. I had made her swear on her life to get me back into the gang and it looks like she was going to keep her word. Eyes began to bore into my back as I fidgetted. No, no, no, this shouldn't be happening. Not when I had just found a gang that could take care of me. I had to smoothe this over, I had to get away.

"Hey Gabe, what are you doing?" I heard someone ask. I didn't even turn to see who had said that.

"Nothing!" I snapped, bolting away from the train and towards the bowels of the subway where most of the gang was strewn lazily. They couldn't know, none of them should ever know. I came to a halt. I shouldn't be running around like a headless chicken, that would only draw attention to me. I stopped in the shadows and sunk to the ground. The message was still frozen on the screen. I wasn't going to reply, I was going to make her wait. Scratching at my hair in frustration, I felt like throwing the phone at the wall. I couldn't tell her no because then she'd ask why but I couldn't say yes either because I now knew just how screwed up the Sayers really are, and mostly all of them wanted to kill me anyways. It was a suprise that they even wanted me back. Maybe it was just a plot to slit my throat. But if it wasn't...

"Gabe, what are you doing all the way over here?" A voice chirped by my ear as someone plonked themselves down beside me. I jumped to my feet, hit my head on a low hanging pipe and slid back down to the ground, biting into my lip to stop myself from bursting into a sob. Whoever it was began to laugh deliriously as if my pain was something funny. I opened my mouth to snap something back when I realised who it was: Kora.

"S-sorry, it's just that you screamed like a girl!" Her skin changed colour as she began to laugh even harder, beating her fist against the ground as if she couldn't contain herself.

"I did not scream like a girl!" I replied, my cheeks going red.

She looked up through icy blue eyes and grinned. I think my cheeks went even redder. "Hey, I didn't know you could change your skin colour with your emotions too! So does red mean embarrassed?" This made her only giggle harder. Dammit, I was blushing! Oh God, why in front of her!

"Oh ha, ha, someone get this girl a stand up act." I said trying to smoothe it all over. She looked down at my phone and her eyes widened. At first I thought she had seen my message. She looked back up at me with hopeful eyes.

"You have a mobile phone! Those things are ancient, how did you manage to afford a working model?"

My shoulders deflated with relief. Thank God, she hadn't seen. If she had I would be dead meat. I hadn't actually bought the mobile, I had stolen it when I broke into a building on my first day as a Sayer. I had found that puppy when I ransacked a CEO's office, keeping it quiet so I could keep the treasure to myself and not have to share.

I have to play it cool, I can't say the truth but I can't say something stupid either. "Oh, I charmed someone for it. You know, me and my good looks, all I had to do was ask and they were on their knees. What good looks can do for a devilishly handesome guy like me." This made her shoulders rack until she was close to tears.

"Oh please!" She managed to gurgle through sharp breaths.

"What, you don't think I am charming?" I placed on an offended face, cooly slipping the phone back into my jean pockets with my good arm.

"Oh no, no, I do -- wait, no...it's just that...!"

"Hey Kora, what are you doing here?" I felt my ego vanish. I looked up to see that same annoying red headed brat from before. God, could he give me a break? He grinned at Kora who got up to speak to him and then gave me a sly look in the corner of his eyes when he made sure she wasn't looking. The devil!

"Just sitting with Gabriel," she gave me a smile before turning back to the girlfriend stealer...even though she wasn't my girlfriend, not yet anyway.

He waved his hand as if that didn't matter. Of course, get rid of the main competition, yeah right buddy. Two can play that game.
Last edited by Apple on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:05 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

Great! only one problem, Paul is down a twenty feet hole in the tunnel, talking to Ash.
So rain-check...
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:07 am
Apple says...

OOC: Oh right, right, I read over that earlier on this morning and totally forgot. Whoopsie Daisies! Should I get rid of it and place it another time when you're out of the hole? Hehehe, that sounds funny. :D But yeah, did you want me to?
I spy!

83 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:09 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

(OCC: I trust your judgment)
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 am
View Likes
Apple says...

OOC: I'd better give Ash some time to reply and get out of there. Don't worry, I'll place it in again with a little more thought.
I spy!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 am
View Likes
Sierra says...

(OOC: It's okay, Dragonette, it almost fits, it's not that bad. If you just tweak it a tiny bit, you can still use it. And it was very good, by the way :) )
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

>Thanks guys! :D I was just gonna drop out, but I think I can pull through now!<

Mickey~
"Just sitting with Gabriel." Kora said. I just waved it off like I didn't care, but inside I was frowning. And they were laughing and having a good time too! Ugh. It's not fair. Doesn't Kora know that we were made for eachother?

But I just brushed it off and smiled. "Yeah? That's cool." I looked around Kora and smiled at Gabe like we were old time friends. "Hey Gabe, nice seeing you again. How did you sleep last night? I know how the beds can be little uncomfortable. They can be really hard on newbies, especially ones with soft skin."

"I slept just fine, thank you." He said through gritted teeth. He gave me a fake smiled. I smiled back. Kora smiled her sweet smile at us, I wondered if she knew what was really going on.

I turned back to Kora. "Hey, so I was just on my way to go hunt out some food. Wanna come? I bet you're great at it. And besides, now that you've joined my gang, we should get to know eachother." She gave a small, unsure nod. I took that as yes and I grabbed her arm and started pulling her away from that girl-stealing brat.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Izz/Issachar~

Everyone was up now, no surprise there. I always slept in, I was not a morning person. More like an owl, up all night, sleep during the day. Actually, I was up pretty early for my normal self, I wonder what woke me? Maybe it was that new kid, Paul. Gosh that kid could get on my nerves. I was not going to lie here looking like a weakling while he was out there doing who knows what. So I get out of bed and walk to the door (I sleep in my boots, so no problem there). Stepping out into the sunshine, I nearly run into Wade. "Well you're up early, sleeping beauty."

I glare at him and shove him ruffly out of the way so that I can move on. He follows me, "So, what do you think about all the new recruits? I mean, so many in one night." Wade is the only person who isn't at least slightly intimadated of me. Everyone else keeps there distance, and I like it that way. Not Wade. But I let him, it doesn't hurt to talk, I guess.

So I sigh like I'm annoyed, but answer him anyways. "Yeah, I guess. I don't really care. As long as they leave me alone." And that's all I'm going to give him, but then I see some one up ahead, looking into this hole. "There's a new kid now."

Wade nodds. "Yeah, Neo, I think. Hey, what's he doing?" I don't answer, but we quicken our pace. I see now that he's looking at blood. What the heck has he been up to? I put my guard on and am ready to pull out my knife. Just in case.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:59 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Faye

And then, he just leaned forward and kissed me. I closed my eyes and kissed back and the sun rose and we were kissing and it was glorious. Until, Kora - light purple and slightly polka dotted -, and Mickey appeared.

"Oh. Sorry. We're sorry." Stuttered Kora, now boldly striped and a tad pink.

"Whoa. Whoops. We'll leave now..." Said Mickey and he and Kora walked quickly away.

I turned to look at Noah, my cheeks bright red.

He gave me a small smile and a shrug, kissed me quickly on the lips, then got up and pulled me up too.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

199 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm
View Likes
Apple says...

Gabe Patterson:

"Hey wait!" I shouted after Mickey and Kora, forgetting the lump in my pocket which was my phone. "Micky, my friend, you can't forget me! I am a natural when it comes to finding food!" I said cheerily, and ran after them, grabbing onto Kora's other arm when I was close enough. Kora seemed oblivious as to what was happening, saying something about the atmosphere and how nice everyone was. I looked behind her as she admired a wall stretched with grafitti and glared at Mickey. He poked his tongue out, determination striking his eyes.

'She's mine!' I mouthed.

'Nuh, I called cheese! She's mine.' He replied just as discreetly.

"So, where should we look first?" Kora asked coming to a stop beside the open mouthway of the subway. I craned my neck back, a cold breeze tickling my nose. It was still dark out although it seemed as if Kora was willing to go through it even with all the creepy crawlies running a muck upon the streets.

"Where would you like me to take you, Kora?" Mickey asked, turning her body so she was facing him. What a stupid little toad stool! I spun Kora around so I was staring deeply into her eyes, bending her back like we were doing a dance. Charming mode - turned on.

"Kora, where ever you want to go, I will follow!" I said trying to sound as dreamy as possible.

Kora's skin turned a different colour and she smiled. Wait, she was smiling, that never happened before. Usually I was slapped at this point. She sure was pretty up close, I can't believe she's not screaming for me to let go of her. Did she really...? Mickey made a noise behind us, trying with every willpower in his body not to burst out laughing. He hammered his bare feet against the ground, almost dropping his skateboard. What a stupid, little punk! He probably wouldn't know how to be romantic if someone dropped a text book about love in front of him.

"How about we all go to a restraunt or something?" she asked, breaking away from my gaze to include Mickey. He froze mid-jig, his leg hanging above that ground. He looked like a deer caught in front of the bright hone of truck lights.

"We can't, the gangs probably have already done that." I said way to quickly before realising who I was talking to. I knew because I had been one of the people that had gone through to help lock down the Olive Garden.

Mickey nodded, for once agreeing with me. "The Sayers have most of the eatery locked down also. If we tried to go through there it'll be suicide."

Kora frowned then took a step back from both of us, her skin changing again to something more determined.

"Who cares about the Sayers? They're all murdering deadbeats anyway! I hate every single one of them, they deserve what they all get. Let's steal everything we can get; the more we have the less they have!" She began to storm forward, her hands turning into fists. "I'll go with or without you; I'm not going to let those fools win."

Spoiler! :
So I was thinking that only very few people know that Gabe was a Sayer. It is better that way and it will add more drama when everyone figures out, don't you think? Just those who know...keep it hushedy hush! :D
I spy!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:26 pm
View Likes
emwolf1998 says...

Kora

"Who cares about the Sayers? They're all murdering deadbeats anyway! I hate every single one of them, they deserve what they all get. Let's steal everything we can get; the more we have the less they have!" I began to storm forward, my hands turning into fists. "I'll go with or without you; I'm not going to let those fools win." I walked out fiercely. I heard hestitated foot-steps behind me. I wasn't going to turn around to find out who it was though, if they come the whole way with me then when we reach the destination i will find out. I figured they wouldn't let me go alone, I mean I may look down to earth but I can tell when guys are fighting over me. They were definatly. On the way out I grabbed my bow, the arrows never left my sach that hung over my back. I turned a nice firery redish orange. Which this was not a pretty color on me because of my icy blue eyes, it's not like I can help it though. I continued walking with a new detrimination because i continued to hear the footsteps behind me. We would be there soon.... What will I do then?

"KORA WAIT," someone called. I stopped walking, suddenly seeing what was infront of me. My skin changed faster than my facial expression. I wanted to run back and hop into who evers arms were open. This was scarier than I could have even imagined.
~Wolf~

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

Ash

Caught off guard, I looked up in fear. A guy, no more than 18 stood in front of me. I didn't recognize him. I was furious with myself. How could I let such fear show. I was supposed to repress this... especially in front of strangers. Who was this stranger? I pushed my fear down, and hid my immense pain and stood to face him. I knew my face was angry, and even though I wasn't angry at this stranger, but at myself for letting him sneak up on me, I figured anger was better than fear or pain.

"I was not attempting suicide. I was trying to..." I started to tell him what I had been planning, but I knew I would sound crazy. And, on top of that, I still didn't know who this stranger was. So I redirected my statement. "Actually, it doesn't matter whether or not I was attempting suicide. What matters is why you are trespassing on Ivory Fangs territory. So who are you and why are you here?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:47 pm
View Likes
latinoburn says...

Neo

Was someone down there? It's been hours since the incident and the sun was just risen. I could feel the vibes of movement around this place as if everyone was up and around. I couldn't help by marvel at this knife tho. How could blood last so long without growing dry in all this time? Whoevers down there, either is or was a mutant.

I walked back towards the hole and decided to just wipe off the blood; I had lost interest. But as I wiped off the blood I heard noises, maybe about a higher pitched voice? I couldn't make out what she was saying though; but it was coming from the hole. What The Hell? Was this hole possessed? I was marveling; but it fore-passed as someone stepped on the metal train tracks, and I felt it.

Eh whatever; was probably one of the Fangs. I sat back on top of my car and just thought. Snapping out of my thoughts; I felt something was close. I could hear picker patter of footsteps. I turned my head a bit and just as I thought a boy and a girl coming towards me. Was that dude a marine? What the hell? And girl looked straight hardcore. Was that bones over her neck?

I could still sense something closer and closer and closer. But it wasn't them, it was the knife the girl was holding? Ok, didn't these two realize I was on their side? I maneuvered her knife out of her hand and had it hover towards me. I used to have this one before, long story short, stabbed a dude, left it their.

"Sharp Blades; nice," I said to them. They stopped frozen, I knew the girl was a bit surprised, but I couldn't make out the marine's face.

"Where'd you get this type?"
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

83 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

"I'm a 'trialed member'' which makes the question whether you attempted suicide or not very important, I can't afford to have a jumper at the wrong time, can I?"

For Free!
topic86079.html

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver