z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:22 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I supported her weight as we limped toward the station- She agreed, that made things a lot easier for me.
I should remember that killing isn't very useful on groups- it's been a while since last time I had a team- and as it seems- I've gone rusty on the manipulation subject- on the arts of social power.
I should get rid of my enmities as soon as possible- pretend to be nice.
If only it was so easy to hide my way of thought- Wait! You are Paul Lance, you don't get emotional and lose your head, you can be whatever you want- do whatever you want- since when do you have problems playing the game!?

I shook my head- then smiled again. my eyes were as warm as ice and as clear as ink.
I smiled at Ash, "So, tell the new guy about the fangs?"
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 pm
Apple says...

Sorry for the late post, I've been so bogged down with school work I can hardly leave the house without being bombarded with peices of paper. Nonetheless I am posting today, huzzah! My stupid keyboard is being a pain though so if there is anything you don't understand it's because of my keyboard and its inability to make words!

Gabe Patterson:

My breath was hissing as I ran around the block, Kora's footsteps sounding through what was left of the night. Soon the sun would start to rise (if it would even come out from behind the clouds for once), and then we'd be truly in the muck. Kora had said the plan just moments before we had retreated and I understood, but I couldn't help the dread welling up in my throat. The Sayers had lit that building on fire. They were burning people inside of it so they could get rid of competition; I knew that, but they had never done something as sick as this. For that short time I was away they must've changed...

I skidded to a stop and pressed my back into a crumbling wall, feeling my shirt slicked with sweat. When I had stared at the Sayer's faces I could recognise every single one of them. Some may have adopted a new tattoo although their features were relatively the same. If it was that easy for me to spot and name each member then it would be even easier for them to spot and name me! Kora came to a stop beside me, flicking her hair out of her face as she crouched down sending the dust under her shoes flying in all direction. In my good hand I held my gun. Between her lips an arrow sat perched, her bow swinging over her shoulder (HOT!!!). We were ready for a fight but I doubted very much we could make it out alive.

"Are you ready?" I asked, my broken arm beginning to tingle again. It always did when I was stressed, stupid thing! She nodded, her skin burning as bright as the building. She looked up, her blue eyes twinkling as if she were excited and rearing to go. I couldn't let her see everything that was going through my mind, it would only give me away. Throwing on my most cocky grin, I winked.

"Now Kora, a gorgeous guy like me doesn't go running around the street for no reason. What are you going to give me if I go through with this?" I leaned forward so our faces were close together. She looked at me for a second before realising what I was saying and laughed.

"Don't worry. If we get out of here alive I'll definitely give you something, but as to what that is...it's a secret!" Kora stood from her crouched position and before I could ask her what she dashed across the street, her hair flying like a curtain over her shoulders. That girl really didn't experience fear! As of now my knees were knocking so hard I thought I was going to die. For weeks I had been trying to avoid the Sayers but now it looked like I was going to be running straight into their crosshaires.

Kora suddenly stuck her head from behind the opposing building and motioned me over. It was clear. I loped towards her, holding the gun up to my face. Thank God I was left handed or I'd be dead long ago. I pulled up behind her, panting loudly as I stared down the alley way. At the other end stood the burning building. This was the only way we could get in. All we needed was a distraction then we could run like crazy towards the checkpoint and hope that God was watching over us because if we faltered - I didn't even want to think about it.
I spy!

199 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 pm
Apple says...

DOUBLE POST! Whoospies, sorry guys! :D
Last edited by Apple on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 am
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

Ash

I contemplated telling Paul everything about our group. The words were sitting on my lips when I realized that I probably shouldn't. I was pretty new to the Ivory Fangs too, and I had to figure out everything on my own. Maybe that's how it was supposed to work. But I wanted to tell him all about our group. I wanted to tell him how everything worked.But somehow I didn't think I should... ugh. I was so indecisive these days. "All I'm going tell you is that Noah is the leader of our group and Izz can be scary." And I felt good leaving it at that.

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 am
emwolf1998 says...

Kora

I couldn't believe the nerve of these people. I mean what right did they have to control what happens. Why were we all hiding? What exactly makes them 'top dog'? These are the things I kept in my head, it kept my mind of what I was actually doing. My mind was focused untill he showed up next to me, behind the wall. His smell somehow was still very attractive. To think he's probably covered in sweat and dirt, but deep under all that I could smell a sweet smell that was very entising. He was leaned in very close, suddenly my mind left the Sayers, left what i was doing, and everything was in him, and his lips. Did I want to kiss him..? Yes. Was I going to? Hopefully.... just not now. My skin turned the light shade of baby blue. I had to pull away, turn my head, anything so that my eyes were not looking into his anymore. Looking behind the wall at the Sayers, turned my skin back to the shade of the fire on the buildings. I kept my bow and arrow close. I found a rock by my feet, I picked it up. I knew how to get them distracted.

"What are you doing?" Gabe asked.

"Making a distraction," I turned back to him looking straight into his beautiful blue eyes,"It's now or never, on my signal run faster than you have every run in your life. Got it?"

"Got it," he said a little uneasy. I wanted to kiss him, because this may be the time i do every look into his eyes. NO! i couldn't think like that. We would make it out, and i will get my chance.

I threw the rock, it began falling "3....2...1,"
"Ting,"
"GO," I whispered into his ear and then RAN. I looked back for 2 seconds, they were turned just like my plan, everything was going perfectly. Gabe was keeping up, we were running side by side to a safer spot, to where we could eat some what of a meal, then we would go back to the station satified.
~Wolf~

83 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:44 am
SubjectBlue says...

"Yes, I know that- it took me a few seconds to realize those things. can't you tell a 'budd' some helpful things?"
I looked at her with a pair of purple eyes- I couldn't do puppy- true, but I could do fiendishly charming- and I did.
She seemed unsure She doesn't trust me yet, how do I change that?
I started: "Listen, I know you don't trust me but please, can't you tell a guy where to go when needed?"
Good! Joke+ innocent question= being given the answer.
after she laughed and gave me directions, we already reached the station.
"Who takes care of wounds here?" I asked.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 pm
Apple says...

Spoiler! :
Alright so this is a long post because I wanted to make sure I got everything right and in order. I hope it's alright for you guys by the way, I didn't want to make any mistakes. Anyways for the Sayers I created some OOC characters we can work with but I'm not going to make profiles so I'll just explain what they do. I think if anyone wants to take over their characters then they can but otherwise they'll be OOC.

Jen: Her and Gabe were very close in the Sayers. She's Carter's girlfriend although she doesn't give a flying stuff about him. She's also the mother figure of the Sayers which is why her and Gabe were so close. She fights with knives and is kind hearted although she's just as cunning as the rest so don't trust her. Her power is healing.

Carter: Carter is the new leader of the Sayers. He's a &*^% and he knows it. Let's just say the guy is one step away from becoming insane. He kills without care; once you're in his sight he'll follow you to the ends of the Earth till you're lying dead at his feet. In all cases, Carter is not right in the head. His power is fire (which explains the fire of the building).

Gabe Patterson:

The burger was huge! I wolfed it down feeling the sauce dribble over my chin. Kora slurped at a bottle of coke, her eyes bugging out as the fizz burnt at her throat. Fast food, how could've I possibly have forgotten about it. I grinned at her, feeling all the fear that had been haunting my thoughts dissapear. This was fun. Being with someone who didn't want to kill me was definitely better then anything I had experienced in the past week. And since Kora was such a cutie it was just a big bonus!

"This is so good!" she said over a mouthful of soggy fries. "We should get some for the Ivory Fangs."

I nodded. They would never forgive us if we came back with full bellies but empty hands. From behind the building, we were hidden from the Sayers so it safe to pick through their stuff, grab what looked fresh and head back to the station before they even realised what was happening. I just hoped that they wouldn't stray away from the burning building to come and get some 'After Burning' celebration food. Oh God please don't let them! We'd be dead for sure. I glanced at Kora in the corner of my eyes. Before I did anything though, Kora had promised to give me something. A small smile spread across my face.

"So, what was it that you promised?" I asked, nudging her with my hip. Kora looked up, fries poking out from her pursed lips. Realising what I had said she began to laugh.

"I had almost forgotten." Standing she moved towards me. I hope it was something good. A cupcake would be nice or maybe even a comic in mint condition. Oh that would be really cool! But if she did have the latest comic of the Hulk, I wonder where she had gotten it from? They're not easy to come across, you know. Stopping beside me, we were almost the same height. She grinned her skin changing baby blue. There was no doubt about it, it was a cupcake. Even thinking of the mint condition Hulk comic made me feel stupid! Suddenly her lips pressed against my cheek and I felt my whole body freeze. It felt like forever before she moved back and grinned.

For once I was gobsmacked, the only thing I could was nod like a delirious chicken. "Do you like your present?" she asked, wrinkling her nose. Did she just....? Craning her neck, she turned and stared up at the sky. "The sun's going to come up soon, we'd better get looking for food."

I nodded again. Damn me! Yeah, so I didn't know how to react because I had never been kissed before (except from my Mum and Granny), so what? I put my fingers up to the place where she had left her lip imprint and began to giggle like a little child, my cheeks turning red.

"I think I see some over there; I'll be back." Kora turned and ducked under a low hanging beam, running out towards a table covered in food and leaving me alone with only the wind as company. Me, Gabe, was kissed and at fourteen. I felt like screaming, whooping and jumping up and down like an over excited kangaroo but I couldn't bring myself to. All I could do was stare at the ground and laugh like a moron.

"D'aww, Gabby has a girlfriend!" a high, weezle-like voice trilled behind me. I spun around, my sneakers screeching against the ground. I felt my eyes land on the tall, lanky figure of a boy with lips to large for his face. Carter. My insides turned cold and all thought of Kora's kiss vanished. Not him. Please, not him. Not the same bastard who had thrown me out on the street, snapped my arm with his bare hands and hunted humans for fun. Please don't let it be Carter Van Ghoe, the person who wanted my head served on a silver platter.

Flames licked off of his fingers before turning into cinder and crumbling to his feet. His ability was a bitch. I know because I had felt it numerous times when he got angry and lashed out. I looked at his feet to see him wearing Italian Loafers which were two sizes to big for him. Must be his prize from the building. He always took a peice from the place he destroyed as a trophey.

"She's not my girlfriend!" I snapped, hoping like hell Kora was far away and couldn't hear/see what was going on.

"Alright then," he wiped his finger under his nose. "Then you won't mind if I take her off your hands, she pretty sexy!"

I could feel my anger begin to build up over the fear tossing in my stomach. "Leave her out of this, she didn't do anything to you. You're here for me!"

Carter pursed his lips so it looked like a kissy face...it's what my little sister used to refer to it as. "But I want her so bad! Jen's being such a cow. She wants you back so bad you know, I bet she's got feelings for you. Here I'll give you a trade, the sexy one for my witch!"

Stepping forward, I swung back my gun hand and slapped the barrel into his cheek, my finger hovering in front of the trigger. I was doing it both for Kora and Jen. How dare he insult her like that when she wasted her whole life being with him.Carter made a ticking noise in the back of his throat and motioned down to his hand with his chin. The heat suddenly took over my senses, sweat breaking from ever pore in my body. His hand was lit with fire, hovering just a few centimeters away from my stomach. One false move and I'd be engulfed in flame.

"Looks like Gabby has grown a pair," he pulled back his head and laughed. "But you're right, I am not here for the girl, I am here on business. Firstly I don't like rats running through my home and stealing all my food, it's hard to get you know. It took a whole heap of killing to get that burger you were stuffing down your gob. Secondly, I don't like anyone ignoring my calls. I asked you yesterday if you want to join the Sayers but you didn't answer," he paused, "so I don't know what to think."

I took in a deep breath trying to not let the fear show in my eyes. "Let her go," I hissed. I meant Kora.

"So you think you're prince charming now, do you? Face it Gabe, you're about as evil as us. Burning buildings, killing people...we did that together remember, like best friends, side by side! Can't you remember?" I could remember and it wasn't a very pretty memory. "So, since you were such a sport when we were friends I'll do you a favour. Get your sorry ass out of my territory, and get your girlfriend as well." I felt my hand loosen from the gun. Was he being serious? Carter saw the expression in my eyes and pulled a hurt face. "That hurts Gabby, you don't trust me anymore?"

"No," I said levelly. I never had.

"Alright you caught me. We're going to follow you, we need a new hideout so I thought why not yours. I saw you with the Ivory Fangs last night Gabby, I was the one that rammed your car!" Carter grinned. "Now you have two options. One: lead me back to your hide out or two: die. And I'll make sure you see that little girl of yours die a very painful and long death before I come for you." His other hand was suddenly in front of my face, burning wildly. "You know I don't lie about killing someone."

_____

Nobody knows that Gabe's a Sayer or that he leads them to the Ivory Fangs crib. I want him to be good for the time being so nobody knows except for one person and that is Subjectblue's character (although he only knows that Gabe was a Sayer). I don't know if I'll turn him evil yet and I most probably won't, so everyone just play oblivious.
I spy!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 am
Sierra says...

(OOC: got it, Apple. I love your charrie, he's awesome, good or evil :) Sorry I haven't posted in a long time, I didn't want to mess up the very awesome story-lines between other people by butting in. Does the end of your post imply that in the next post Gabby will have already led Carter to the Ivory Fang's crib? Sorry, it's late and I've been having my brains rattled and bright lights flashed in my eyes for the past six hours (ah, the wonders of amusement parts) and I'm not at my brightest right now. I want to know cause I so want to be in on this part of the story. Noah's bored.)
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

199 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:39 am
Apple says...

(OOC: Yeah, he did. What a bad person! :D )
I spy!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 am
Sierra says...

(OOC: I know. And I love it :))

Noah

"Gabe!" I yelled as I watched him come down the steps. "And Kora, right?" They looked a little shaken up. "You guys okay?" I ran a hand through my hair. With all these new members, it seemed suddenly like there were a million Ivory Fangs in our little hide-out, all expecting me to make the right decisions, to know our next move. When I wasn't leadering, I was too anxious and tired to sleep. I was running off of pure adrenaline - and maybe a little caffeine.

In the shadows, I could see a tall, lanky boy I didn't recognize watching us. "Hey, Gabe, do you know this guy?"
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 am
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Last night I had a dream about this.... Us meeting Carter. He tried to kill us all and even Gabe didn't survive.)

Faye

"Gabe!" I heard Noah yell. I'd left the entrance of the subway and gone into the train to sleep. I'm a light sleeper.

"And Kora, right?" I heard a pause. "Hey, Gabe, you know this guy?" A red alert went up in my head. I rushed out to Noah.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

83 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am
SubjectBlue says...

I just got in the station, soon enough to recognize both the obnoxious one and him
"Noah," I said calmly- "you better get down"
He looked at me confused- "what kind of a stupid game are you playing?!" I'm pretty sure he still had no idea what's my name- nevermind
Gabe turned, and his eyes landed on me, I could here his trembling legs from where I stood- He knew what I was able to do, he saw me before- doing things no sane man would've done without remorse.
Carter noticed me tool, and ash on my shoulder as well, "Paul?! you got a girlfriend too?-" He started jabbering- I knew him enough to shut him up before he'll get excited about himself- the narcissistic a**hole.
"shut it, I'm not one of your little rats- carter- you're one of mine, if you really want a fight- try me, it will end bad for you."
I looked straight into his dark- almost black eyes- "Or have you forgotten hoe it feels to be on the other side of being burned?"...

Spoiler! :
I want someone who understands the Carter character to take this one forward- all though at the end I kill him(apple agreed) I would like him to be a tough enemy to us all first( cause that's makes my killing more impressive :P )

For Free!
topic86079.html

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:53 pm
emwolf1998 says...

Kora

All shoken up between everything going on, i didnt have much time to think, let alone listen. I blanked out a couple times trying to foget what was going on. Somehow my mind kept going to the same place.. the resterant. When this guy showed up, i was back packing up extra food for Ivory Fangs. I had the perfect shot at him with my arrow, but i wouldn't and couldn't do it. From right now i really hope i get another chance. I kept chnaging colors, like a chemelon not aware of its surrounding.

"What are you a human chemelon?" Carter joked.

"Shut up, she didn't do anything to you!" Gabe shouted back at him. Carter kicked him in the center of the knee, causing him to fall.

"Gabe!" I gasped, his face was pierced with pain, because he landed on his broken arm. "I want him, Dead," I whispered to myself. But I think Paul could read my lips.
~Wolf~

83 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:03 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I looked into Carter's eyes- "Hey, Carty! Do you want to kick tiny over there- or are you ready to get your 'tiny' kicked by me."
I said smirking.
He looked at me with rage- A problem of self control- provoke him- and he's as good as yours- he stretched his hands dramatically- and they ignited.
"Are you trying to look like a goddamned poster?"
He roared and charged at me, I looked at Noah- and winked- I hoped his power would prove more useful than most guys here- then leaped aside, making a smoking gape in the floor- on which Carter stumbled.
"Now!"

For Free!
topic86079.html

199 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 pm
Apple says...

Alright, yay, a fight where we're all involved. This is good! :D

Gabe Patterson:

If only Carter was that stupid. He may be insane although that man was one hundred percent evil and it was always the geniuses that became the worst killers. Fire suddenly engulfed the front of the smoke revealing the hole in the ground of all its glory. I crawled backwards against the ground, the moisture from my sweat evaporating as the fire roared over our heads, extinguishing the smoke.

"Do you think I am a fool?" Carter shouted mockingly. His lanky figure was silhoutted in the smoke. I narrowed my eyes as more shadows fell in in line with him, white smiles glowing in the darkness. The rest of the Sayers.

"There is more of them!" I cried, forcing myself to stand. Ignoring the pain, I staggered forward until I was practically standing in the fire. My good hand snaked into my pocket and seized the gun. I couldn't hesitate, if I wanted to be the first to kill then I had to react first. Tugging my finger against the trigger, bullets exploded from the neck of the gun. They wouldn't know who was turning against them with the remaining tendrils of smoke still marring their vision. It didn't matter (well actually it did but in all intense purposes), we had to shoot, we had to keep them back. I knew the Sayers and to keep someone alive was a sin punishable only by their own death. There were so many of them they could obliterate us in under an hour. If we didn't start fighting now we were all doomed! Howls exploded over the thundering sound of bullets leaving my gun. Dammit, why did this always happen. Killing wasn't a new thing for me so I wasn't phased by the gun going off. It was something familiar, as familiar as music.

A form suddenly lunged over the hole, a form that was definitely not human. It was a shapeshifter! What else could it be? A large ape landed on the ground, barring its yellow teeth as dust rose up around its feet. I dropped the gun suddenly, the bullets dying away to nothing. My breath came out in shallow gasps, my heart beat racing. Carter had really been serious. He really was going to take this place for his own. Rocks suddenly exploded from all corners of the subway, glass imploding as a scream so inhumanely loud exploded from the side the Sayers were standing. My eardrums exploded and I felt blood begin to trickle down the side of my face. All I could hear from my left ear was white noise. Slapping my hands over my ears, I felt tears begin to stream down my cheeks. The pain, it was unbearable.

"Kill everyone!" Carter shouted, his hand sweaping the landscape, a sardonic smile glued to his long face. "No survivors what so ever."

Turning, I looked over my shoulder at the Ivory Fangs mustering up their numbers. Naked fear was so raw on their faces as they stared at the scene, more importantly, the shapeshifter in front of them. I couldn't let them die not after what Noah, Faye and Neo had done for me in the beginning. The ape seem disorientated although soon it would regain its senses, and soon all the Sayers would be running in our direction ready to kill us. I couldn't just leave them! I wasn't going to run away, not this time. Clawing to my feet, I grabbed at the gun, letting my good hand fall away from my ears. It was now or never. My legs moved without me, not even sounding as my sneakers slapped against the ground. Nothing else was important but the target set in my sights. The shifter.

Snapping my arms in front of me, I slid to a stop directly behind the shifter and pressed the barrel of the gun into the ape's mattered hair, pulling back on the trigger. The sound afterwards was even more worse then the super sonic scream from one of the Sayer's members.
I spy!

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness