z

Young Writers Society

3002 (Started) (Spots Open)

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:54 pm
latinoburn says...

Neo

Despite all the burning cars and dead bodies, I had just crossed the remaining half of the New York City bridge. Of all cities I’ve passed through, this one was the worst by far. I felt like I just entered a town of sheer death. Then again, every town I’ve passed through was filled with this “sheer death” I spoke of because of the war. I found the best conditioned vehicle, which was a Ford truck, and used my manipulation skills to fix it together. I got in the car and drove as far as I could. The truck broke down again right in the middle of what used to be Times Square. I stepped out of the car and took a look around. A man before the war would look at this place and break down in the misery displayed; but me? Hmph, ever since my little girl was killed, destruction made me feel right at home. I stood on top of the fallen Jumbo-Tron and stared at what flickered on the screen. “Kill or be killed.” I rolled my eyes; duh, idiot. As I turned around to fix up the truck again, I heard a twig snap. Whos that? I raised my finger a little and my pocket knife began to hover over my left hand. I waited for little while longer so I can hear it again. ---Snap! By reflex, I flicked my wrist to the direction I heard the noise come from, and my pocket knife zipped through the air to hit the spot I aimed at. I narrowed my eyes. “They call me Steelth,” I said, “need a ride?”
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:48 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

Paul:

As I walked, eating my loot, I detected a small convenience store still mostly intact, a supplies heaven.
I also detected three boys armed with bats and pipes sitting and eating together, they wore tattered clothes and had gang tattoos- A reformed gang- I assumed.
one of them looked inside once in a while, suggesting the presence of fellow gang members inside, I could just walk by, They had food and arms, thus no need to fight me, and I wasn't that hungry- unfortunately for this gang, not that hungry wasn't enough, I could take them, and it was definitely worth the effort.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, girls! Why won't you leave your little tea-party and go make out with each other somewhere!" I shouted, taunting them.
They got up, "Get the Mother-f***er!" shouted one of them, as they ran towards me.
I grinned, my hands changing, then blasted one of them. He screamed, cried and rolled for a second, then there was nothing but bones. The other two tried to run, I couldn't let them do that. The next stream of acid move from the first to the second, leaving nothing but smoke. The door of the store opened, "What's goin-"- that sentence was cut short by a small, concentrated blast of acid, leaving nothing but smoke above his neck, followed by screams from inside the store, the screams of those who knew they were about to die. I got in, the screams were silenced, in front of me, on her knees, was the only female gang member in there, "please, I'll do anything!" she whispered in terror. As inviting as her offer was, I had control of my primal urges, she died.

I sat back, eating a sandwich from one of the shelves, this place could maintain me for two weeks or so.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:04 pm
View Likes
emwolf1998 says...

Kora
I heard the fimilar pitter patter of human foot steps. It was so sweet to hear the sounds of voices fill my ears. They were so loud or maybe it was just me, I've been in the silence for so long. My skin was turning pink I could feel it. I saw a shadow, the shape was unfimilar to me, the shadow was abnormal. Who am I to be calling people abnormal. I saw more people following this creature. I hide further behind my trash can but yet still being seen, I did want to get out of here, desperately. Oh no, it's... it's...
~Wolf~

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:17 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Ash

I had been running down fifteenth street when I had spotted the small shadow behind the dumpster. An easy target. I had some steam to blow off, what was a little target practice? I stopped in the entrance of the ally and reached for the shurikens in my jacket pocket. I started to close in on the shape when I noticed something strange. In the lowlight, between the buildings, I noticed a slight pink sheen coming from what must have been a person. Sure, people don't turn pink normally, but no one was normal anymore.

I was shocked out of my daze by the sound of rustling clothes. It was on the move. I held up one of the shurikens threateningly. "Don't move or I'll aim towards your throat. And I rarely miss my target." The movement stopped. I nodded. Do you have any weapons on you?" She shook her head. "Good, now what's your name?"

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm
emwolf1998 says...

Kora
I could now see more of the figure, it had wings but it was human.. somehow. She had asked if I had any weapons on me. Of course I lied. The moto in these parts was still kill or be killed and so that also means lie or be lied to, i couldn't let her know i actually had my trusty bow and arrow. She mosy likey thinks she'll never miss, but she hasn't met me. Now she asked for my name of course my name ment nothing and so there was nothing to lie about. "The names Kora," i may have been extremely scared but somehow powerful, I began to turn orange as I stood up. I could see the shock on her face, She had no idea what any color ment and if they meaned I had a speacial power with each color, but she didnt back down. "And you name is?" I asked stepping into full view of the winged person.
~Wolf~

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 pm
View Likes
Apple says...

Gabriel "Gabby" Patterson:

"I'm all alone, no one here beside me!" Reaching my good hand inside of a broken window of a small car, I grabbed at a half full packet of cashews; most of the loot was strewn across the unpolished upholserty. "Moving, moving in a straight line!" Yodelling at the top of my lungs as I pulled my hand free, I walked down the street, smoke billowing from dismantled grates.

I wouldn't call this your Sunday stroll, firstly because it wasn't Sunday -- not that I would know -- and secondly, strolling down a creepy looking alleyway that possibly had rapists and all that junk lurking in the corners didn't give me a relaxed, peaches and cream feeling.

"In the morning light, I put on my jeans and I feel alright." I looked down at the pair of sweatpants I had stolen from an old people's home recently. Oh wait, I wasn't even wearing jeans.

"It could explain why I am not feeling alright!"

Piece of crap. I had been walking this same route for three days, and now I was even more lost then I had been. I howled loudly, the hairs on my arms and legs standing on end as a cold breeze burst down the alleyway, blasting the smoke from the grates into my face.

"Dammit, bloody smoke...!" Erupting into a coughing fit, my grip on the shiny packet released and the cashews spilt over my feet. Oh that made things even worse! Crouching, I placed my hands on the floor and let my fingers creep across the tarmac. There was no way in hell I was going to go to sleep without a full stomach; not again, not like last night and the night before.

"Here, nuts, nuts, nuts; I only want to eat you! Don't be afraid, just roll back into my hand. I won't crush you...yet!" Chirping, I crawled forward, my eyes stinging as the smoke began to clump around my body. Was that the shadow of a cashew? I narrowed my eyes. Reaching out my good hand, my fingers greedily groped the air in front of me. It had to be. My mouth instantly began to water. Dinner! Clamping my hand down, I gave a victorious shout, although what I had grabbed was definitely not a cashew.

A scream suddenly burst down the alleyway and it hadn't come from me. Diving backwards, my elbows crashed into the tarmac. Was it a rapist?

"Shit!" I shouted. My broken arm fell against my sore rib cage, blinding pain coursing through my fingers and up to my heart in a shattering second. Oh God, oh lord in heaven! The sound of feet scuffing made the breath in my lungs expel in a futile cry. Please, God, if you're listening, I know I haven't been a good Christian as of late, but please: smite this person where they stand!
I spy!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:39 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye
After taking a short nap I wandered out again, seeing no reason to stick around since I didn't need to and Noah wasn't here.

After walking through the streets for a while I came across a kid twisting around in pain on the pavement, next to a broken down car and holding a bag of peanuts.

"Hey kid." I said, scooping up his bag of peanuts, popping one in my mouth then grabbing his arms and pulling him up. When I grabbed one of his arms he winced and let out a yelp of pain. "Woah, sorry." I let him back down to the ground and popped another peanut in my mouth. "So, what's your name?"
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

297 Reviews

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC:
Justagirl wrote:... Anyone have any preference to what they'd like our group to be named?

-Alzora
You can continue this discussion at our discussion topic.)
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 pm
latinoburn says...

Neo

"Hey, answer me." I called out; still no answer. I nodded my head to the right, and my pocket knife hovered back to me. I frowned as I examined it; no blood, no skin, no trophy. I had missed. "Do you have any weapons on you," someone spoke. I turned to the direction and without consent, the knife i examined dashed to the direction. I quickly raised my arm out, and stopped it.

"Yes I do, but I'm not here to fight you, I asked if you need a ride."

"Good, now whats your name?"

"Are you deaf? I said my name is-"

"The names Kora."

What the hell? This chick was holding a conversation with someone else. What ever, I move my hands in a circular motion, and parts from the truck's engine moved, tightened, and sealed. I put my left hands into a position as if I had car keys, and slowly turned it clockwise; the truck started. I stepped in and put my hand on the wheel.

"I got no time for this." and I drove away.

It was reaching sundown, and I was starved, still driving, I peered my head out every now and then if by some miracle, I would find a couple of lucky bastards; and I did. Two light skinned men, feasting like a couple of gay pigs behind a building. I got of my truck and casually walked towards them. They stared at me, and just laughed. Oh Hell, I was insulted.

"Think you two could give me a couple of grub?" I asked.

"Whats it to ya," one man spat, "you from here?"

"I'm from Detroit."

"Not like that dumb***," he said, "I meant from America!"

My anger grew. "I said I was from Detroit, which is in America, and you call me dumb."

"Because you are, Slippy!" the two men laughed and attempted to spit at me.

"Listen here jackass, I asked for food."

"Ha! Don't use that tone with me! Me and my buddy here will **** you up! You'll be screaming like a little girl!"
I twitched; 'Little girl?' I tried my best to hold back, I could just walk out of this right now, but I might not find food again. I was shaking with anger, only sheer power held me back, if this guy doesn't shut the hell up..

"You see this place," he continued, "this country deserved to be bombed like this! The idiot living here taking all the resources, using it to their advantage. It's unfair how countries don't have as much as this place does! But you know what? We did something about it."

I raised my head in utter astonishment. "Who did this?"

"Me, my boy over there, and Gront." he sneered.

Humph, so I've got a name now.

"This country is what it deserves to be now, old, run down, and huge piece of shit. Look around you! We did this."
I stared at him like a horror movie.

"Hey easy there buddy," he back up and picked up a butcher, "I'll give you a slice, but you better get away once its yours."

"So you and your friends did this, and you're proud of it."

"Yup, I'm Reginald and thats Carl !"

"..Well," I walked towards him until there was barely space for air, "you wanna know what else you did?"

"What?"

The jackasses friend, Carl, had his neck strained by a chain in a few seconds. Reginald turned around and I quickly tossed him to the ground, took his butcher and stabbed him his left hand.

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!" he cried. I could smile, my silver shot colored eyes hardened, my smile grew as I could hear Carl choke in the background.

"E-E-Easy man," Reginald whimpered, "we will g-give you some f-food, please..." He trailed off, and I smirked; he already lost his voice.

"H-Hey!" his friend, Carl, yelled, "B-Back off, I'll shoot." This guy still had enough strength to raise a gun even though my chain was piercing at his neck. I turned to him and raised my right hand, my pocket knife hovered out of my pocket. I flicked my wrist again, my pocket knife dashed through air and stabbed Carl in his stomach. It pierced out of his stomach and came towards me, I caught my knife and stabbed Reginald in his other hand.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" he cried again. Carl fired, I only raised my eyebrow and the bullet dissolved. I stood up, took his gun, set it to the bottom of his neck. My chain was still choking him between this. I looked through him.

"For Hailey." I fired, and the bullet flew all the way through his head, killing Carl. I turned to Reginald, reloaded the gun and fired twice.

Nothing like a good slaughter to let some steam out. I stared at the food I wanted before all of this.
"I'm not hungry anymore."
Dear those reading.

AM I MAKING YOU YELL IN YOUR HEAD?!?!?!?!

Sincerely, Caps Locks.

199 Reviews

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 pm
Apple says...

Thought I'd mention that Talia Jones is Beyonce's descendant. Gabriel loves her like Ranger Hawk does Lorgan Lerman. Which means: a lot! Also, sorry for the very long post.

I stared up at her as she ate the food I had been planning to scoff down. Where the hell did she get off? The girl furrowed her brow as she watched me, her mouth opening and closing as the packet of cashews diminished slowly.

My broken arm was shaking as the pain worsened; that was the only reason I wasn't screeching at her to let go of my dinner.

"Well?" she asked, stepping forward. The setting sun's rays that managed to filter through the dark alleyway caught her figure and her shadow stretched across the tarmac, enveloping me in darkness.

If she had been planning to kill me, she would've already. I was writhing in pain for God's sake. It was the best time to steal the gun in my pocket and blast a hole straight through my chest. Maybe then I'd meet Mum, Dad, Maurice and all the others again. I kicked my legs against the ground, squirming backwards. No, she wasn't going to kill me. That was stupid of her. Didn't she know that food was hard to find these days? Or maybe she had already heard and that's why she was eating away my food. For all she knew I could've poisened those cashews.

No. This was a dog eat dog world now. I couldn't show any weakness. Sitting up, my vision instantly began to swim; blues, reds and purples winding together and blinding my cornea. So this is what Dad called the God forsaken hangover...well that closes that: I am never going to drink.

"S-some call me..." The pain was making it hard for me to talk, definitely not a good impression. "...the Hot rod, others Sexy, you call me what you want honey."

Of course she didn't hear what I said. What came to her ears was probably something like: 'Errruuggghhhhh!"

"I'm sorry?" Awkward...

She lifted up one of eyebrows and swayed her weight from hip to her hip like Talia Jones would in her music videos. Oh how I missed Talia Jones! She was a highlight on my internet show.

"Gabriel!" I shouted as I moved, the pain making sweat break from every pore in my body.

"Hey, you're turning pale. Do you need help?"

"You think?" I cried, pressing my forehead into the cold ground trying to soothe the migrane now clawing its way through my forehead.

She made a nervous sound in the back of her throat and crouched over my body, her hair clumping in front of her face. I forced my eyes to glare into her face. If she was going to kill she would have to see my eyes before she did. Although, instead of stabbing a blade into my chest like I had thought, she craned her neck to stare over her shoulder, chewing on her lip nervously.

"I need to find Noah, he'd know what to do." Standing, she blew her hair out of her face. "Just wait here little guy, I'll go get my boyfriend."

Little guy! Did she just call me little guy. I was not little! Okay maybe my height wasn't my strong part but I wasn't short. My God, when I can stand again, I'm going to give her a piece of my mind. No one calls me little guy and gets away with it, no one!
I spy!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:37 pm
HibiscusBlush says...

Wade Blanchet

I'm not too concerned about my future anymore when today's too precious to waste. Besides . . . I have enough on my plate with whatever bizarre madness the world throws my way. On top of that, sleep comes like the sun these days. ‘Covered by so much cloud and smoke, not very often. And God knows I need my two hours sleep…

I woke up this morning feeling pretty banged up since my thin, flimsy excuse of a mattress supports an absolute restless night. What can I do? 'Room service isn't exactly available at The Hilton anymore. Dang it.

Some time passed since me and the others went out to snatch some food. We were running pretty low at camp. I hopped on my Ducati and veered a little ways off from where Faye was headed, but stayed in her general area, which made me feel somewhat safer.

I can't lie, it surprised me at how calm the streets were. No clear signs of danger. Then again that's always my first thought before something breaks. Have I learned? Finally, yes. I went on full alert as I wheeled through a narrow alleyway not far from camp. I was blessed with the idea of silencing the motor of my Ducati; I'd be road-kill by now if I hadn’t.

Water dribbled down the dank, bricks of both buildings at my sides and my bike bumped as I rode it through muddy puddles, around garbage bins and more garbage. Taking alleys are always testy; you never know what’s going to pop out, rotten teeth and guns blaring, and if it’s hungry for you or what I’ve got. Nearing the end, I jolted to a halt.

Across the street, was a small convenience store that looked like a wood-chipper took a swing at it. Even still, it was in good enough shape, through the windows I saw it wasn't completely bare. A promising find, which meant a boost on the survival scale for my troop. Now, the harder part; get the others here before someone else beats us to it. Just as I let my cheek quirk a smirk, I caught a glimpse of a human head in the store window. W'the heck . . .Terrific.

((He sees the store Paul took over.))
Previously known as Aloha

297 Reviews

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 pm
Justagirl says...

Faye
After the odd meeting with little-blonde-Gabriel I dashed back to camp.

"Noah! Noah!" I called, he must've come back by now... Right?

"Yeah?" Came his smooth voice.

"C'mere, this kid is hurt... And weird - I'm not sure if he's armed but he had these cashews?" I lamely held out the bag. God, why was I such an idiot around Noah?

"Ok," he followed me. "Do you think he has any other food? And how old is he?"

"I have no idea and I have no idea." I shrugged.

Soon, we were back at Gabriel, miraculously he was still there.

"So, kid, what's your name?" Asked Noah as he bent down to examine the kid's arm.

"Oh, his name's Gabriel." Gabriel nodded in agreement.

"How did you get your arm like this Gabe?" Asks Noah.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:54 pm
Dragonette says...

I am soooo sorry that I'm late but I didn't really have much choice :/ I've been gone all day. But I will read the posts to catch up and then post as soon as possible!
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:57 pm
Dragonette says...

OOC
Izz~

I crawled down the side of the old building, my eyes set on the target below. A little girl, about eight years old, was pulling a wrapped cheese burger out of a sack and looking at it hungrily. She was about to unwrap it and take a bite when I pushed myself off the wall and on top of her. Both of us tumbled on the cement painfully. With a groan I rolled over in time to see the girl scramble up, shove the precious food in her bag, and take off down the alley. Ignoring my new scrapes and bruises, I quickly got up and followed. In no time I had caught up to her and thought You're mine, when she threw a smirk over her shoulder and left me in the dust behind her. Literally. "The damn girl has enhanced speed," I cursed. I slowed to a stop and watch as she entered an old brick building and raced up the stairs in a blur. But I didn't give up quickly and Issachar always has a plan.

Those stairs led to the roof, and I knew how to get up there faster. With a running start, I launched toward the building and started skittering up the brick wall like a freakin' spider. When I reached the top the girl was just running through the door. She ran into me and we both hit the floor and started fighting. I dodged most of her punches, due to my sensors, but she was fast and landed a couple of them. Finally I got tired of the fight and pulled out my knife and held the point to her throat. But instead of fear, I only found hate in her eyes. She pulled back her lips to reveal a row of fanged teeth with a hiss. Man, the effect bombing can have on people. But my knife kept her from moving closer to bite. "Cheater," she spat.

I shrugged, "It's a dog eat dog world, sweat heart. Now, give me the food." I must be in a really good mood today, I normally kill victums on the spot. Either that or the girl has enhanced luck.

The girl glared at me and squeezed the sack in her fist, but then swung and released it...over the side of the building. I wanted to rip the brat to shreds, but I had to get the food. So, placing the knife between my teeth, I dove after it. Hands over feet down the building, I raced the sack to the ground. Finally I passed the falling object, planted myself on the bricks and stretched out to reach it. I caught it, just barely, but I caught it.

With the food secure in my grasp now, I sprinted up the building (yet again may I point out) to finish off the obnoxious little girl. But of course, when I reached the roof, she was gone.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

199 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:41 am
Apple says...

"I thought it would look good with my dress for the king's bloody ballroom party!" I snapped, the pain becoming unbearable. Why were they asking me stupid questions? They didn't need to know the colour of my underpants, they just need to give me help. Urgh, it hurt so much; I didn't care if they killed me right then and there, as long as I was relieved from this dang throbbing.

"Alright," the boy said, a smirk tugging at side of his lips. "If you want to be a smart ass Gabe, we won't help you."

No, they wouldn't! When I didn't say anything, the boy grabbed at the girl's hand, and began to pull her away. For a second I thought it would be better if I let them go. People like them would only get me killed. Although my arm was destroying me! I needed their help and that was final. I caught a glimpse of the sky. After the ,it had changed. The sunset which was usually spiral of colours was now a gray back drop, and what looked like a raging storm was permenatly frozen in the western part of the clouds. America had changed after the nuclear war, well that's what Jenny had called it before she broke my arm!

Flinging myself to my feet, I fell back against the wall as my brain rheeled, my hair falling over my eyes and my teeth gritting. If you were to ask me what I missed most for the old days, I would probably say the hospitals and since there was none I had to work with what I had and that was them two!

"Wait!" I rasped.

The boy stopped. Even though he had his back to me I knew that he had that same stupid smirk planted to his cheeks. Far out, if only I hadn't fallen over, then my hand wouldn't feel like it was on fire. When he didn't move, I felt my blood run cold with fear. He wouldn't just leave me would he? With night was coming so quickly! No, I needed to answer his question. Maybe that was what he was waiting for?

"Have y-you ever heard of the Sayers?" I asked, my words catching in my throat as I tried to pant and talk at the same time.

The girl gasped and nodded rapidly. "Of course we have. They're terrible vermin who walk the streets at night like some kind of vampire cult!"

"Yeah, it's actually supposed to be zombies b-but what ever! Believe it or not, I created them and w-when I almost got them killed they practically delivered me the same favour." I indicated my broken arm with my chin. The damage wasn't pretty. My skin had turned purple and swollen, some it had sunken where the bone was shattered. It was in three different places and already welts were rising around one area where my bone was sticking out, though thankfully hidden under terse skin. The only thing hiding it was the sling I had created with bits of my old clothing. It was my only memory of what I had had before.

"J-j-just...help me, p-please!" I shouted, swinging my hair out of my face so they could see my eyes. Dad always said the eyes were the gate way into the soul. If they could see my pain maybe then they'd take me in. "I can't take it anymore, please! I'll do anything!"
I spy!

coffee and writing is a superior duo
— LadyBug