z

Young Writers Society

Wizards' Guild

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:15 am
Karma says...

Hi! I think that this should be a storybook where everyone can make up their own powers (maximum 3) and see how it goes.

Name Isaure Shadow
Age 19
Height 5'7"
Gender Female
Powers Invisibility, force fields, fire dancer (can also fight with fire without burning to a crisp; a dangerous weapon.)
Bio Born in the kingdom of Salakad, ran away as a very young child, has been a wanderer ever since
Personality 'fiery', quick thinking in sticky spots, completely reliable/trustworthy

Everyone, make a bio and then we will see how it progresses.
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:22 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

NAME: Shlear Blarken
HIGHT: 6'4"
POWERS: Controls the winds, fast, and can fly
BIO: Born in small village out in forest, all members of his village have the ability to fly, it is baisically a large village of air wizards who can fly.
IDENTIFIABLE FEATURES: Has a large pair of concealed wings, very short hair, and Gray eyes.
PERSONALITY: bright, can get out of difficult situations with ease, likes to joke around, aloof, but can be very serious
Last edited by Dargquon Ql'deleodna on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:57 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I want to be the bad guy.

Is this okay?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:49 am
Jiggity says...

Indeed, there must be a group of villains to oppose the Wizard Guild.

Villain
Character: Vera Vocc
Height: 5'4''
Powers/Type: Necromancer: Summoning and Binding of Spirits (Djinn and the like), elemental power on a small scale, and Curses.

Bio: Powerful sorceress, seduced to the Power of darkness. Grew up in gypsy band: through her untrained communion with dark spirits, she was lured into evil. She learned vast amounts of dark magic, magic ages-old. Unfortunately, her tampering woth magic beyond her understanding sent her a little cuckoo. So she is a tad mental, although she remains lucid most of the time.

Personality: Mental. Fidgety, moody, theatrical tendencies etc.

If no villains allowed, please inform so char may be changed.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:37 am
deleted6 says...

Name Socrow Anon
Age Anon
Height 5.7
Gender Male
Powers: Master of Light magic knows dark magic can tame any beast with his ring of empathy
Bio: Born into a village where their was no magic was hard so at aged 12 his father sent him to the nearest school ever since he never looked back.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:34 pm
Myth says...

Name: Myth
Height: Varies
Race: Daimon (djinni)
Powers: Elements, Shapeshifting and Orbs for defense or traps
Bio: She is Summoned rarely by magicians, first recorded working with a magician who later ended up destroying himself.
Personality: Is a loyal servant but tends to be lazy and gets bored very easily. She usually appears in female form or as a cat.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:14 pm
Dynamo says...

Name: Dynamo
Height: 5.7
Race: Human
Powers: Weather Change, Thor's Hammer (minor lightning powers, includes using lightning as an attack, using it on himself to move very quickly or using static intereferance to his advantage), Dragon's Wind (major lightning attack)
Bio: Was trained in the ways of controling the element of thunder by his previous master since the age of 7. Other than that, there is little known about this child.
Personality: Free spirited, laid back, sometimes arrogant, has a tendancy to break rules for the sake of fun, has a low attention span (suffers from ADD, but I'm not sure if people in this time have discovered that or not), and likes to pull pranks on people. Other than that, he is very soft hearted, but he's a little too gulible for his own good.
Last edited by Dynamo on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:55 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Name: Selena Countess
Height:5"6
Race:Human
Hair and eyes: Auburn hair and green/flecks of gold
Powers: Abilty to control weather(Such as wind lighting etc) Control nature(Animals fire earth)Shapeshift.
Bio: Left for dead by a deadly force of villans, Selena finds revenge using her powers on those whom murederd her faimly. She doesnt like to get to close, afraid if someone knew she had friends she could lose them too. She has earned the term lonewolf through those who know of her. A scar runs down her right cheek and down her back, she doesnt like anyone mentioning them because it reminds her of her past. She is a ruthless killer with no mercy for the evil.

Are we starting a story???Are we playing our own parts???
see others how you want to be seen

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:35 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Name: Maxwell S. Hammer
Height: 5'7"
Race: Human
Hair: Brown
Powers: He is able to manipulate magical energy itself. He can use it to channel magical energy or he can absorb magical energy for his own needs. He has also discovered a way to create negative magic fields. He was expelled from school after one of his experiments killed a student.

Then a teacher.

And then a judge.

He is now on the road to destroying the entire magical community.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:15 pm
Karma says...

I think that if there are bad people, we should indicate so in our bios, JigSaw, and maybe do the story in a different font so that it doesn't get confusing... Just an idea.

Setting:
A heavily forested area with a small footpath running through it. Noon. You can add whatever you want to this, it's just the basic setting for the beginning.

Also, should everyone already be in a group, or should we meet along the way?
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:29 pm
Dynamo says...

Dynamo sat lazily in a tree, constantly watching the road. He was waiting for someone to come along and fall into the trap hole he made. There was nothing else better for him to do anyways.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:30 pm
zelithon says...

Sorry for being a bit late. :D
Good or bad depends how it goes,
Name: Libby
Height:4"1
Race:Human
Hair and eyes: Large round blue eyes, wavy short blond hair
Powers: can talk to animals, can shape shift but only into young animals, can climb better than a monkey.
Personality: Brilliant for one so young.Can remember back to when she was one. Libby knows she is adorable and uses it to her advantage, very manipulative. Unless she has reason to she maintains an innocent persona. Has little to no sense of good or bad so only does what is good for herself. As mature as a fellow child her age but feels superior to them. Loves games.

bio: For awhile she was used by a thief who might have been her father- she never knew. He was kind to her until he got sent to prison when she was 3. She was sent to a orphanage, then a magic school for older students when she was 4 and it was found how smart she was and her shape shifting ability. Libby stayed at the school a year during which she was coddled and baby talked to by the older students. While Libby liked being coddled she hated baby talk and left. For the last year she has been wondering around manipulating people until she can figure out what to do, or grow up.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

122 Reviews

Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 pm
Karma says...

Good. but, ummm, Griffinkeeper, 'Magical Student' isn't a race... Sorry to be a wet blanket...

Dynamo heard a crash coming from the direction of his trap...
Excellent , he thought.
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:59 am
Griffinkeeper says...

One could argue that magic students aren't really human.

Ah well, I'll change that then.

Dynamo walked up to the trap. He smiled. What sort of animal or person could await him in the trap? Perhaps some lusty barmaiden? Maybe a beautiful buck? He approached the edge and looked down.

There was nothing in the trap, except for a heavy rock.

That's odd, was all he had time to think before the stone hit him in the back of the head. Dynamo fell into the trap, unconcious.

Maxwell Silver Hammer smiled.

Another rotten thief down. Now, to bury the evidence! He grabbed Dynamo's shovel and began to bury Dynamo alive.

He had only shoveled a couple of times, when he heard the sound of hooves. A quick look confirmed it was a knight. Now, Maxwell changed strategies. He threw the shovel into the pit with Dynamo and waved the knight down.

"STOP!"

"What's going on here?"

"A highway robber my lord! I just came across him while he was digging!" he said, pointing at the dirt covered Dynamo. The knight looked down and laughed.
"Caught napping? Get my canteen, we'll wake him up." Maxwell went to the horse, grabbing the canteen. The knight was still looking down at Dynamo. Sneaking up behind the knight, he hit him in the back of the head with the canteen, sending him on top of Dynamo.

Armor, while strong, has two disadvantages. The first is that it is awkward, the second is that it is heavy. When one falls face first down a hole, there is no protection.

Maxwell capitalized now. Grabbing the knight's longsword, he proceeded to stab the knight, killing him. He threw the sword down into the pit. Now, when a passerby came, they would think that the knight was killed by Dynamo. After all, what else could they think? That some thief had come by and done the deed while Dynamo was in the hole sleeping? How well would this theory hold up if the horse was still there, with all the riches intact?

Maxwell disappeared into the forest, singing.

Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
came down upon his head
Clang! Clang! Maxwell's silver hammer
made sure that he was dead!

*Song is from The Beatles "Maxwell Silver Hammer".*

103 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Dynamo says...

Dynamo woke up with a grunt. "Ugh. What happened just now?" He tried to get up but something was on top of him weighed him down. He looked and saw the body of the knight. Dynamo yelped in surprise. He quickly got out from under him and zapped him with his thunder magic. After that he took a closer look at the body. "Oh, he's already dead." He went to the wall of the pit and began to climb up. "Oh well, it's not my problem."

When Dynamo got out of the hole the first thing he saw was the knight's horse. He saw that the bags mounted on the horse were full. With enthusiasm, Dynamo shouted, "Alright! This is my lucky day!" he ran to the horse and grabbed all the riches it carried. He looked at the pit where the dead knight was. "Well, it's not like he's going to be needing this stuff."

After he packed all the riches he began to leave the area. "I only made that hole to trap someone for fun. I didn't think it would actually make me rich!" He stopped and turned back to the hole. "Wait. If anyone comes by and see this guy... I'd better do something about this." He walked over to the hole and kneeled down. He pulled out a piece of paper and a writing utensil and began to write on the paper. He dropped the note into the hole so it would land on the dead knight with the words facing up. With that, Dynamo walked down the road towards town to see if he can barter his findings to the local merchants.

The note that was on the bloody, and now charred Knight's body read:

"I'm only sleeping. Please don't wake me up."
Signed: Mr. Sleepy Knight

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink