z

Young Writers Society

End of innocence

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:06 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai walked up to Wolf and, with reluctance, said, "That was a good battle. But, don't expect me to go easy on you next time."
"Of course." Wolf replied.
Kai sighed and said, "Anyways, Violet want's to know if you'd like to join us. We could always use another good fighter like yourself."
Wolf smiled and said, "OK, I'll join."

(OOC: By the way, how old is Chasity? It doesn't say.)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:10 pm
Karma says...

Wolf, grinning, went to sit by Violet and began to eat ravenously.

"Hungry, huh?"

"Yep, I eat a lot, but I can hunt, so it all evens out. Where are you from?"
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:07 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

She is 21
see others how you want to be seen

103 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:15 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai yawned loudly. The sparring match took a lot out of him. He was about to go to sleep when his eye began to sting. He covered his eye with his hand to try and make the stinging stop.

Violet saw this. "What's the matter?" she asked.

"Someone's coming. Someone dangerous."

67 Reviews

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:04 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

Violet pulled her sword and stood up as unatural breeze sifted through the muggy air, she could smell death and evil.
"Be on your guard." she yelled to the group.
Chasity had senced it too and was already scanning the area.
Just as quickly as the feeling came it was gone, whatever it was disspered with breeze.
"What was that?" asked Wolf.
"I dont know but it felt like we were being watched." Kai said. "It also felt like my eyes were on fire from the inside out, I dont like that."
"We'll take shifts watching the camp, I take the first watch with Rauol and then Wolf, Chasity and Kai can take the next." Violet told them resheating her sword.
It didnt take long for the night to cool off and preety soon Violet was shivering under her tunic.
"Here."
She looked up as soon as Raoul dropped his tunic to her and sat near the fire, rubbing his hands and placing them on the fire he looked at her.
"Im sorry for my attiutude earlier."
"Its not just been today, ever since evelynn."
He stopped her, "Please do not ever mention her name."
"Raoul your like faimly to me, please know you can talk to me."
She placed a hand on his arm and he sighed.
"Vi I know you mean well by your words and intentions, but what might be easy for you is like stepping into hell and witnessing all the cruelty and torment wrapped into some kind of sprial to me. Sometimes I pray to god to give me loss of the memory so I dont have to relive the failure that was my fault."
"Your not the only one whose lost someone dear to you, you forget I lost my father and mother. Yet I learned to move on, you just have to as well. By the way I dont need your damn tunic." she tossed it back to him and leaned against a tree seething with anger.
Thinking to herself forget him, besides it'll be easier when you dont have to love someone you never have to worry about heartbreak and loss. Perhaps it was for the best.
In his mind Raoul wished he could talk to Vi the way he had when they were young and never had to worry about war and loss. He also wished he had died too that night when he had lost his beautiful Evelynn, he could remember her screams and knew he'd never hold her again. Balling his fists he tried to control the emotions, not only had he lost Evelynn but the child growing in her belly. The child that would never see light of day or know love and friendship adn the beauties this world could have. He knew he would never see the child learning anything. He sighed and took back his tunic, Vi was right, she had lost those dear to her too and had no one anymore the comfort her, that was probally why she had become so hard and cold and kept her distance. When this war was over he would make it up to her and try to move on, he though could never rest intill the man who killed Evelynn lay dead.

103 Reviews

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:14 pm
Dynamo says...

(OOC: By the way, it's only one of Kai's eyes that hurt or itches when danger is nearby.)

Kai looked like he was asleep, but really he was awake and heard everything they said. He thought to himself, You guys aren't the only one's in this group whose lost someone. I lost my parents a long time ago. I guess I'm luckier than them though, I was too young to remember what they looked or sounded like. He quietly yawned. I'd better go back to sleep. I'll be the next person on shift tonight, and I need all the rest I can get.

-------------

Later that night, it was Kai, Wolf and Chasity's turn to keep watch.

Kai never liked to do something boring for too long, so he decided to stand on his head and train his balance.

Chasity asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm training, you mind?"

She narrowed her look at him. "You're not exactly keeping watch if you're busy doing something else."

Kai sighed. "Fine." He got back to his feet and went to sit between Chasity and Wolf.

Wolf noticed Kai's left eye was different from his right. She asked, "Kai?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are your eyes different from each other?"

Kai placed his hands on the ground behind him and leaned against them. "I don't know. From what I've been told, they've been like that ever since my parents were killed."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's ok, I don't mind talking about my past."

"Is your sight different than a normal person because of your eyes?"

"Yeah."

"How so?"

"I can't see out of my left eye."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But, it's not that bad. My left eye starts stinging whenever danger is near, so I'm always alert." Kai yawned loudly and laid down on his back. "Wake me up when something happens."

Chasity punched Kai in the stomach, affectively waking him back up. "You're not sleeping through lookout duty again. Remember that time you fell asleep when you were suppose to be keeping watch?"

"Hey, we made it out of that bandit camp alive, didn't we?"

Chasity sighed. "Just stay awake this time."

"Hmph! Fine." Kai grunted.

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:01 pm
AngelBaby88 says...

"Why are you so grumpy all the time?" he asked Chasity.
Her eyes seemed to burn a hole in him when he asked the that question.
"Why do you care?" she looked away towards the woods.
"Just wonderining. You used to be easy to talk to."
"Well key word used to be. This war has those affects on people."
Kai thought about it for a moment and shook his head. Chasity was right it did.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:36 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

"Get some sleep you two, you look like you need it; i'll take watch till dawn." Don silently said walking up in full battle armor with his sword out of his sheath.

"Why you all dressed up?" kai teased.

"I don't like being caught off gaurd or unprepared, plus you never know when you are about to be attacked." don replied as he walked towards the edge of the clearing.

"Where are you going?" Wolf questioned him, as kai prepared to go to sleep.

"For a midnight patrol around the area, somthings just not right here. But i can't quite put my finger on it" he said scratching the back of his head with a gauntleted hand drawing blood, and silently trudged off into the forest, with his sword casually sung over his shoulder.

"we'll I'm getting some sleep, no point wasting the opportuinity." wolf said smiling.

"I think i'll stay awake for a bit longer," kai mentioned pulling his sword out of its sheath and laying it beside his blanket.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 am
zelithon says...

Azzilry shifted uncomfortably; it was harder to sleep in a tree than it looked. Actually it seemed impossible. But better than getting caught by someone... or something. She had been lost for weaks now, and had the nasty suspicion that the forrest she was lost in wasn't all that big.

Suddenly she saw a shape below her from the dim light of the moon and stars. Oh-oh she thought. The shape seemed human but you could never be too sure. Azzilry went into what she concidered "Zane" mode. Trying to pull out her sword from her scabard. Alas it made a tiny clang.

The shadow looked up. Shock made Azzilry fall down-right on top of it.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:30 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

"uggg" don replied as he fell with a loud crash as someone fell ontop of him, quickly rolling away and standing up sword drawn at the persons throat. "And you are?" don questioned the figure quietly.

"Zane" the figure silently replied.

"what were you doing in the tree zane? It's a really dumb thing to do, i mean it may be good in some aspects, but it usually isn't" don said hardly sympathetic as he lowered his sword. Knoticing the binding around zane's chest, "you hurt?" don said pointing to the bindings.

"uhhh....yea, one of the bandits got me when i wasnt looking" zane said sighing in releif.

"hmm... the dressings need to be changed, looks like you did an ok patch job, but let someone with more experience do it, don't want it to get infected and have you die." don said reaching for the knot in the binding.

"no, thats ok, i've got it." zane said slapping don's hands away uneasily.

"What it's not like you have anything to hide, or do you?" don said looking at zane taking a step backwards to examine him further.

"uh...." shit he found out! zane thought, "what happened to you" zane said pointing the the bindings around don's chest.

"oh that, i got stabbed as well" said don showing zane the bloody wound.

"looks painfull" zane said wincing slightly.

"not really, i'm used to it; you should keep covered up, that one extra layer can save you life" don said throwing a thick leacher jacket into zanes face. your secret is safe with my my freind

103 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:28 pm
Dynamo says...

Kai tilted his katana so the moonlight would reflect off it. He yawned tiredly and felt his eye lids getting heavy. He sheathed his sword and placed it beside his other katana and his oversized sword. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. His left eye began to itch, but Kai was already out cold before he noticed it.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:14 am
Karma says...

Wolf noticed that the left side of Kai's face was starting to twitch in his, sleep.

MAN! How can you sleep through that?, She wondered, befor remembering their previous conversation.

"Danger!", she screamed.
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher