z

Young Writers Society

The Dragon-Slayers?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:06 pm
sabradan says...

Valin introduced himself in the Elven manner.
"I am Valin Norovir. Of the Elven Stronghold or Tor Anroc. I am pleased to meet your acquaintance. You seem very well versed in the arts of speech and diplomacy...especially for a barbarian"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:07 pm
Areida says...

Lily

I watched as several of the others introduced themselves, carefully storing their names in my mind. I happened to be standing near the griffin and had been taking a closer look at his wings, the first opportunity I'd had to do so. I was wondering about the girth of his wingspan and how quickly he could fly, as well as what type of wind resistance he encountered, when I realized they were waiting for my name.

"Lily," I said. "Just call me Lily."

I realized I probably should have made something else up. Lily didn't exactly seem like the most fearsome name for a dragon slayer. But then again, with my "good" breeding and manners (which I resented magnificently) I might be able to serve in some way the rougher warriors could not.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge