50%
no
50%

Total votes : 2

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:06 pm
Araidne says...

Ok, this is a RPG. It takes place in the Zeatin Desert among the horse clans. The characters are, Sadiyah(me),Jael,Malakin, Lodi,Fazim,Farid(engaged to Sadiyah), Zahira,and Suhaymah. The plot : Each year the horse clans hold a race across the Zeatin. All characters are competing ing the race. The story will be about the race. Any questions post 'em. I will post Sadiyah bio later :D And there will be some extra characters along the race at checkpoints.
Last edited by Araidne on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Out flew the web, and floated wide,
The mirror cracked from side to side.
'The curse has come upon me' cried
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:33 pm
Myth says...

I'd like to play Jael can I add her details later?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:46 pm
Araidne says...

Sure! :D
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Myth says...

Can you add a form to fill out or something, it'll be easier so we know what our character is required to do.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:52 pm
Araidne says...

Sadiyahs bio: black hair, narrow face, jade-green eyes, tan skin, sixteen, female. Strenghts: Not afraid to speak her mind, can shoot a bow and weld a sword, seems snobby but is relly nice, a bit of a tomboy,has power over air. Weaknesses: Can be too blunt, or speaks when she should be quiet, does not trust people easily. Horse is a black arabian named Camira
Last edited by Araidne on Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady of Shalott

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 pm
Araidne says...

All characters should be riders, but they can dislike riding. The story will be written through your characters perspective. This might change. Umm, give them strenghths and weaknesses, and please make them realistic! DO NOT make your character to prototyped. The desert and horse clans are based on Afghistan. I hope this helps!
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:07 pm
Myth says...

Name: Jael.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Golden brown, just above the hips.
Skin: Light to dark brown.
Strengths: Bow and arrows and long sword. She loves riding.
Weakness: She is not very good with a sword and hates beging teased/laughed at. She tends to get angry quite easily and can be quite childish.
Horse: A golden brown horse called Tinga.
Last edited by Myth on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:11 pm
Araidne says...

Sadiyah-
The sun had almost reached the top of the hill. I had just finished my morning ride on my horse Camira. Well, actually she is my fathers. Camira is part of my dowry. I walked into my families tent, only to find my mother was blocking the way. " Sadiyah," she said," Why do you not veil yourself as is proper for a maiden? Oh well. Hurry and put your veil on! Your father is expecting a vistor!" SoI went to do as she had commanded.
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:17 pm
Myth says...

Jael

I was sitting in my tent reading a letter when I heard someone shouting.

The thing with living in the desert is you are not always alone, even when you think you are. I was looking forward to one thing only: the Zeatin Horse Race.

(OOC: Is the place real or made up and do we HAVE to live with family members?)
Last edited by Myth on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:30 pm
Araidne says...

It is made up, no you do not have to live with family members. I used Afghanistans geography and culture for this story. The Zeatin Desert is based on the Arabic Desert, the horse race on a real race called " The Ocean of Fire". ( watch Hildalgo)
The Lady of Shalott

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:55 pm
Araidne says...

Sadiyah-
Sure enough, by the time my veil was on, mother was setting coffee and latkas before our guest. Mother saw me and motioned me to wait for her outside. " Sadiyah you are sixteen," she stated," You know how to hunt , cook ,sew, and weave. You even know how to ride and train horses. The man in our tent is Ghalib. He lives about two days journey from here. He has asked for you to marry his son Farid." " WHAT?!!!" I yelled. " Keep your voice down for pities sake!" hissed mother. " Farid will be riding in the race. Ghalib has told your father that he wants you to race against his son," I glanced up at this," then after the race you two will marry." '' Mother," I whispered, " I don't even know him!" Mother shrugged, " Your father and i did not know each other when we married. You are lucky that you will get to know your groom to be. Most girls aren't so lucky." And with that, she motioned for me to come meet my future father-in-law.
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:02 pm
Myth says...

Jael

I went out of my tent and brushed my horses hair. I've had her for two years and she was getting faster by the day.

I clicked my tongue and told her to look after my things, I did not trust many people with my possessions.

Various other tents had been set up since the race would take place soon. I wandered around until I came to Sadiya's tent. She was in there talking with her mother and I couldn't help overhearing a marriage being organised.

Bah! Who wanted to get hitched so young.

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:13 pm
Araidne says...

Sadiyah-
Ghalib was nice, and he assured me that Farid was nice as well. After he had left, I hurried over to Jael's tent. she would be in the race as well, riding her horse Tinga. I assumed that I would be riding Camira. Minutes later, my father confimed it by leding Camira to me. " Mount up Sadi", he said ," you and your horse will need traing." And dispite the events of earlier, My grin was as wide as the sun. Camira was MINE!!!! We paused for lunch later,enjoying hummus and pitas . I could see Jael riding Tinga. What a team. Father tapped my shoulder, and we got back to training.
The Lady of Shalott

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Myth says...

Jael

"Hey, Sadi, want a race?"

Sadiya looked back at me then at her father.

"Not today, Jael, Sadi has to train."

"But it'll give us some spirit, besides we'll be competing against each other."

I leveled Tinga with Camira. I was glad to have worn my veil because some people did not think it was right for a woman to show her face.

"Please?"

"Alright, but don't tire out your horses and don't go to far!"

Sadiya and I had already raced off, she laughed and I joined her.

"Thanks for saving me, Jael."

53 Reviews

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 pm
Araidne says...

Sadiyah-
Oh what a relief to scrimage! " So Sadi", said Jael, " whose the lucky boy?" I frowned. " Farid. Come on, you want to talk or race?" We had reached the stream. " Ready, set, GO!" said Jael. And we galloped off, laughing all the way
The Lady of Shalott

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec