z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 am
Amfliflier says...

Aetos Kalimas Sorry fiction, but I had been working on this post for a long time, and I didn't really want to change it. I can if you want me to, but I'm just letting you know.

I couldn't believe it! We were in the lead!

"Anyone coming up quick Savannah?" I asked, doing a quick check of our supplies. I wanted to keep our lead. We had two swords, a spiky ball thing Savannah came up with (it came with a heavy leather glove so that we could throw it), a pouch of Greek fire, and a spear carefully coated in the stuff you use to apply fake nails (hello, Aphrodite cabin bathroom!) that was so sticky I wasn't sure if we could use it.

"TJ and Spirit just knocked out Katherine and Daemond! And I think they knocked out Bella and Chase. Go faster, they're catching up!" She shouted. With the reins in hand, I bent down and grabbed my sword, ready for an attack. They really were coming up fast. They had covered half of the distance between us in a few seconds.

"Get your sword Savannah! We want to be ready!" All of a sudden there was an explosion by our wheel. I looked down and saw a hole, caused by Greek fire. TJ waved and grinned. What was he holding? A Nerf gun? I shook my head, amazed at his cleverness.

"I'm gonna throw the ball!" She nodded and took the reins. I slipped on the worn glove, used for birds. The ball was about the size of a softball, and it was covered in metal spikes all around. I wound up and pitched, like I did when I played baseball. It hit them smack in the side and broke through, just barely missing Spirit's famous Converse.

"You're gonna pay for that!" She shouted.

"Not likely!" Savannah responded. I high-fived her and we kept going. I could just barely make out the finish line in the distance. We were getting close, and we were tied. It was time to end it.

"Savannah! Use the coated sword! But put the gloves on!" She put the other pair of gloves on and grabbed the sword. It was a bit of a struggle to get it off the floor, but she managed. She tried to reposition her hands, but the gloves were stuck.

"Just throw it! We're getting close!" I screamed. She aimed and threw. It landed perfectly in between the spokes of their wheel, and the glue held fast, preventing the wheel from spinning. It dragged and they went significantly slower, but they still managed to go fast. They retaliated with another fire Nerf dart, completely blowing off the side of our chariot. Our wheel wobbled furiously, so I knew we wouldn't last long.

"Let's finish 'em!" Spirit and I said at the same time. We locked eyes and grinned. With my sword in one hand and the reins in the other, I swung, trying to cut their reins. I missed, taking off a small chunk of their chariot.

"I'm gonna throw the pouch!" Savannah said. I nodded, still trying to cut the reins. The wheel kept wobbling harder and harder every second, and the finish line was nearly upon us. She hucked the pouch and it landed at their feet. TJ threw it back, nearly missing my head.

It was like a game of hot potato. We kept tossing it back and forth, and it exploded in their chariot. Our wheel flew off and we came to a screeching halt. TJ and Spirit soared in front of us, coming in first. Our reins broke, and the horse ran around in circles until someone came and grabbed it.

"Savannah? Are you okay?" I asked. She was laying in a heap not too far away from me. She sat up with the biggest smile on her face.

"Are you kidding? I've never been better!" She wiped her forehead, leaving a streak of dirt. Our hands and lips met at the same time, and we froze in that moment for an eternity.

We came in second. Oh well. Nice job with the posting, keep it up
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 am
fictionfanatic says...

Oh...okay. Then....just ignore my post.
Live, Love, Laugh

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

I sense some sarcasm… Anyway, Amf, you forgot to mention the bees! :(
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

151 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:43 am
Amfliflier says...

I'm sorry! I started this post around 2:00! Do you want me to delete it?
Forever for All <3

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:46 am
Camulaeus says...

Maybe the bees could be saved for Capture the Flag?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Good idea.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:29 pm
Funkymomo says...

I've been gone for a MONTH and you're still not past the chariot race?!?
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

151 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:38 pm
Amfliflier says...

Funky, if you posted, maybe it would go faster! >:(
Forever for All <3

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:59 pm
Funkymomo says...

I can't :P
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:19 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Spetz, I actually wasn't being sarcastic...I was being serious. My post only took me a few minutes to make but it took her a lot longer, so I let her have the post.
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:35 pm
Sunshine says...

Spirit Jones

T.J. and I sail across the finish line, Aetos and Savannah falling behind us. Then our Chariot collapses. T.J. and I drop to the ground, laughing. I push myself up, smiling.

"We won!"

T.J. brushes himself off, and offers his hand to me.

"But our chariot didn't last."

"Nah, but it must be that we ran it to the ground."

T.J. and I give each other a hard high-five.

"That was amazing!" I say. "You did great."

"So did you." He says sincerely.

I feel small heat rising to my cheeks, but it's stopped by Chiron's hand.

"Congratulations T.J., Spirit."

We both nodd as Chiron lays Laurel necklaces around our necks. T.J. grabs my hand and holds it up in the air. Everyone cheers. Savannah touches my shoulder.

"Good job guys, you did great."

"Thanks. I was almost afraid there for a second that you would win."

"We almost did. You guys did great."

"So did you."

She smiles before the crowd sweeps us up and carries us towards the bonfire.

"Isn't this a little extreme?" I yell down.

Nobody seems to hear me, as they drop us off by the bonfire. Everyone begins to sing, voices melting together like our smores. "My land is Minos" land" fills the air. Life feels good. I lean on T.J., who is sitting right next to me.

Ok. At Bonfire right now. You guys are right this is really lagging right now. If you guys want we can make one SB day equal three regular days. The end of today is the end of the SB day. This will come into effect tommorow. There will be a dance SB tommorow, and you might want to start discussing capture the flag. It's Aphrodite (We have three active users)Vs. Posiedon. The two cabins can recruit other cabins. Get going!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:57 pm
Camulaeus says...

Hey, I''m going on vacation so would you mind freezing my charrie? Feel free to use him still.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:41 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Devnee *This is funny someone can use this if they want to http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6179711/1/3 ... _HalfBlood *
I sang along with the rest of the cabins my voice blending with all of theirs as they got louder and louder and the flames got higher and higher and slowly started to turn purple. I smiled as my marshmallow turned from white to black rather quickly. I popped my marshmallow into my smore and bit down then I realized no one was singing. 'What the heck.' I thought to myself then I sang "Angels, answer me,
Are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
You will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
Mine to give...

Here, all too soon the day!
Wish the moon to fall and alter tomorrow.
I should know
Heaven has her way
- each one given memories to own.

Angeles, all could be
Should you move both earth and sea
Angeles, I could feel
All those dark clouds disappearing...

Even, as I breathe
Comes an angel to their keep.
Surely, if this is
Promises are mine to give you.
Mine to give." I stopped singing and took another bite of my smore well aware of the fact that everyone was staring at me then I swallowed and looked at all of them calmly. "All I did was sing and now all of you are acting as if your surprised a child of Athena can sing and sing well." I stated calmly then some of them flushed and looked away guiltly then the Apollo cabin started to sing again.
*Song is Angeles by Enya*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Any way I can bring Arya into this? Sorta lost touch... Maybe I can make a late-arriving camper? :?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:05 am
WrittenInStone says...

Why thank you Fiction. XD

Katherine

I stood staring at our disasembled chariot, sighing in dismay. We'd almost won- almost.

A hand on my shoulder made me jump, only to turn and look into the eyes of the boy I loved. Daemond smiled at me, "You'll have to incorporate those water bombs the next time." he told me with a wink and I laughed.

"You must have been terrified that I'd stick myself with ome of the javelins, right Daemond?" I asked before his hand slid around my waist.

"'Course not. If I trust you with a sword then I'll trust you with a javelin." he grinned teasingly, "Then again- you and swords aren't exactly trustworthy..."

"Oh shutup!" I smacked him lightly on the chest and kissed him quickly before sighing.

"I've got something to do, i'll be back after. Get that foot looled at." I tell him with a smile.

"We'll pick up where we left off afterwards?" he asks me earneatly but I shake my head as I laugh.

"Get lost Daemond. You'll only find out later on."
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket