z

Young Writers Society

Camp Half-Blood *Join!*

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 am
Sunshine says...

Daemond

As Katherine fetched the horses for a chariot, I wonder what else I could add onto our chariot. Something that yelled Dioynsus. Or maybe it didn't need to repersent my father. maybe it should be about me. Or me and Katherine. I summon some thorn bushes, weaving them into the chariot. It looked good, but not what I needed. I keep them there, though, being that they would help. I smile and follow Katherine's suggestion, adding some vines loosley to the wheels. I put the grape vine through the front, in need of snacks. And then... I had nothing. What a good partner I was. That's when I hear Katherine behind him, followed by hoofs. All I could think of was: Please don't bring Pegasi. I whirl around, a smile on my face when I see a pair of non-winged horses.

"You ready?"

"Born ready. The Chariots done, so we better hurry out."

She nodds and we hook up the horses, sprinting toward the arena as fast as we could. We got there as soon as we heard Chiron yell. "All racers begin to set up!"

I laugh with relief and we put our Chariot on the starting line. We both get inside, Katherine with weapons and me driving. I lean towards her and whisper into her ear. "If you get hungry, I added a snack compartment."

She laughs as soon as Chiron blows his whistle.

"Ready...Set... Go!!!!!"

They take off.

Not my best post ever... Anyway, DaSpetsnaz post for T.J.!!!!!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:03 am
fictionfanatic says...

Bella:

"Now hurry up, the race is going to start soon!" I said, running to go get horses.

After I quickly hooked up the horses, I pointed out all of the weapons and things I had included in out chariot. Hurriedly, I directed the chariot, horses, and Chase to the race, making it just in time.

Chase and I loaded into the chariot and waited anxiously. When Chiron yelled for us to start, I immediately flicked the reigns of the horses, urging them to go quickly.

*Again, not that much of a helpful post, but it's something*
Live, Love, Laugh

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Camulaeus says...

Fergus Sorry for the incredibly short post.

"I'm glad I showed you my charmspeaking." Aura said, " It means a lot to me that you care this much."

I beamed at her words, and the next couple minutes passed in a comfortable silence. I glanced at my watch and saw the time 12:03

"Hey! Aura we're missing the Chariot races!" I grabbed her hand and took off towards the Coliseum. Aura soon passed me, but I wouldn't give up.

By the time we reached the Coliseum we were both out of breath. From inside shouts sounded. Aura and I entered and gazed with wonder. It looked like the entire camp was in stands. Aura suddenly grabbed my shoulder and pointed to two vacant seats. We raced towards them, pushing past screaming campers.

"Look!" Aura shouted; pointing towards the Chariots.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:40 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Sorry, people. I'm out. I've been really busy and I know I'm not really a part of this SB. I'm so confused about everything and I don't really have time to ever post. Sorry. Byee guys(:

~forsakinshadow~
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

131 Reviews

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 am
Sunshine says...

Don't let this die guys! Anyone who's ever belonged in this SB, post up a storm. Join if you haven't! Let's make this the best revival ever!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:06 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

I lowered the mask to the helmet I wore - plumed with silver - and held on tight to the javelin I held in my hands. It was warm to the touch, the electric current running through it hummed at the tip and I smiled - just like ancestors before had done.

I felt the familiar tug in my gut to let me know that I was prepared to let loose the water bombs at the side, freckling out chariot.

It was near the middle of our first lap that someone charged at us - it was Bella and Chase. Chase smiled appologetically at me as he launched a small pouch of greek fire and I immediately kicked it off of our chariot - not needing an explosive to ruin our game.

I flash a look at him and jam the javelin into their chariot's back wheel - it topples off and begins to drag furiously on the ground but they kept going.

I gritted my teeth as I shluted out. "Just give up Chase! You guys won't win." my words are harsh but I prepare one of the bombs.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

84 Reviews

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Bella:

Katherine kicked away the greek fire we threw at her and then threw a javelin into our wheel.

A grating sound was from the javelin dragging as Katherine said "Just give up Chase! You guys won't win!"

With a smirk, I pulled the javelin, with great effort, from the wheel, and yelled jokingly, "Maybe you should stay in the water where you belong Katherine!"

And with that, I threw the javelin back at them with such a great force, it completely went through the side of their chariot.

Throwing themselves forward, they avoided the javelin's pierce and threw the bomb over in our chariot just as we threw greek fire into their's.

*Just to make it even. Haha*
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:00 am
Sunshine says...

Aura

Chariot races were so violent. I watched as Katherine and Daemond slammed into Chase and Bella, throwing Greek Fire at them. I didn't understand why Bella had wanted to be in the races, but she was still my sister so I decided to do something out of charecter.

"GO BELLA!!! GO CHASE!!! ROCK THEM HORSES OFF THEIR FEET!"

Fergus looks at me, amused.

"Rock them horses off their feet?"

I blush. "I had a few good years as a mini-cheerleader. Before they got to snotty, even for a Daughter of Aphrodite."

He nodds, half-way between angry because I was pinning on the 'Daughter of Aphrodite' stereotypes on myself again and happy, because we were both in a good mood. I watch as Daemond and Katherine swerve off, a vine appearing from there chariot. Well, I thought, This would be interesting. I lean back in the stands and turn to Fergus.

"Do you watch many sporting events?"

Short on time, but gained small territory for both carrie's. Written and fiction are both open to post.

---The Book Thief---

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am
WrittenInStone says...

Katherine

I brushed away the greek fire, not needing another damage to our chariot and I immediately tugged at the feeling in my gut. The water in the compartments at the side of the chariot sloshed rapidly before finally one of them burst open - I smiled at Bella.

"I always have a bit of water nearby." I tell her in reply to her joke and I use my hands to push the water onto their chariot and it immediately ignites with the greek fire embedded inside.

I see from the corner of my eye as Daemond begins to unravel vines, forcing them up towards the wheels of the oposing chariot and I smiled wickedly.

It was just as I saw the chariot catch flame that I noticed the chanting for Bella and Chase. I ground my teeth together, "Daemond. Let's get on ahead."
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am
Amfliflier says...

Castor (Chase) Jolivette

Katherine's water made the Greek fire explode. I started to stamp out the floor, but the sides and the wheels were still on fire, and it was blazing hot. But we weren't going down without a fight. I grabbed a spear and thrust it into their wheel, breaking off a spoke. That part of the wheel completely broke off, and it looked like a bumpy ride. Katherine's water kept sloshing out of the chariot, and Daemond's vines crawled up the side of our chariot.

"Bella!" I screamed. "We're not gonna last long! Let's give 'em something to remember us by!" She grinned and nodded. She grabbed the reins and steered our chariot towards theirs. The spikes on our wheels dug into the side of theirs, and we both nearly stopped. While we were so close, I took the last spear and stuck it in the wheel. It went so far in, that I could hear Daemond. "Ouch! My ankle!"

I didn't mean to hurt him. I didn't put it that far in, so it should've only barely touched him. Three more spokes broke, and their wheel was toast. Our chariot was engulfed in flames, and Bella unlatched the horse from our chariot. We slowed down just enough so that we could jump out, and as soon as we did, the chariot fell apart. Our horse kept running, but I saw a satyr chasing it into the woods.

"Nice job Bella. We did awesome." She grabbed me in a crushing embrace.

"Are you kidding? We rocked that! Don't worry though, we'll win next time!" We walked into the stands, sweaty, exausted, and proud. We were greeted with a lot of, "Nice job"s, and "Good try"s. We sat down in the stands and finished watching the race, holding hands.

Daemond was just barely poked by the spear, so it's not like he's gonna die. I'm not sure if they should've gotten off the chariot, but it was in flames and they were gonna lose anyway, so yeah.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

131 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:37 pm
Sunshine says...

And now I spam up DaSpetsnaz's page.
Daemond

It didn't matter that my ankle was murdering me. It didn't matter that the bottom of our chariot was smoking. Chase and Bella were out of the game.

"Yes!" Katherine cried.

We were gaining speed, working our way to the front. Katherine uses her water powers to screw up one of the Heph kids Auto-Tron. It slows down, breaking down with a psh, psh, psh. I notice that one of the kids has shaggy hair.

"Mr. Hide Daemond's note?" I ask, remembering Katherine's lie to Ani.

"Maybe." She say's, brushing stray hair from her eyes. "What's it to you?"I was about to shoot back a reply when she laughs and prepares a greek fire. "Spirit and T.J. 5 o'clock."

I loose it. It wasn't worth the fight, and it didn't matter. Not one little bit.

"Let's blow 'em from the sky."

DT's open for debate for capture the flag.

---The Book Thief---

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Devnee
I settled back against a tree reading 'Gone with the Wind' humming under my breath. "Devnee?" A familiar voice said and I looked up to see Chiron walking actually more like trotting towards me. "Hello Chiron." I said warmly smiling at him. "Why aren't you at the chariot races? I thought you would be the first down there to judge the craftmanship of the chariots." He asked genuinely concerned and confused. "I didn't sleep much so I managed to look at them all a few of them were fantastically crafted but a few of them just fell flat." I replied calmly standing up. "Well I was heading over to greet them. Why don't you come with me?" He asked. "Sure." I said walking beside him.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:02 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

T.J

"Ready, set, go!" When Chiron says the final word, our chariot takes off. Spirit's at the reins and I'm with the weapons in the back. Although I wasn't going to let Spirit just sit around and do nothing. So I gave her the box of bee's, to use when she thought necessary. In the back with me was the Greek fire nerf gun, a javelin I created with two of the exploding spikes, and a sword. As we stream into first nobody seems to be bothering us. On our right Chase and Bella and Katherine and Daemond are in a showdown. In the end, Chase and Bella's chariot is on fire and they step down, out. That only left a couple of teams. Katherine and Daemond take down another chariot and I glance over at Spirit. I smile because that only left three teams. Katherine and Daemond start to head towards us. I ready the javelin and heave it towards there chariot. My horrible aim sends it sprawling behind them. Katherine laughs and launches what looks like a small pouch into our chariot. I glance down and it explodes right under my feet. The entire chariot suddenly fill up with water, sweeping my sword out the side. I quickly grab the nerf gun but when I go to aim something grabs at my foot and yanks me down. Vines are entangled around my foot and spreading up my leg but I shake them off for a small enough time to aim and fire. Then the vines pull me to the floor and I can't move. I stay like this for a short time, Spirit now getting entangled too, when I hear a loud bang. The vines quickly loosen their grip on me and I look up over the side. Two of Katherine's wheels are missing and their chariot is barely moving. Katherine manages to give me one death glare before the edge of heir chariot catches on something and tips over, stopped.

Written, your spree is over! :twisted:
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

84 Reviews

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:19 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ani:

I was probably the loudest person cheering, and yet Katherine still didn't notice me, thank gods.

But the moment her wheels gave out and her chariot tipped over, to T.J's glee, I started screaming on the top of my lungs, jumping up and down, "Get up Katherine get up! Get back in the chariot!!!"

Katherine looked around wildly for a second, trying to find me, and when she spotted me she was stunned, shaking her head at the fact that I hadn't listened to her.

"Get.up.now!" I yelled at her.

Then, I pushed through everyone, jumped down the wall, and got out to them and their broken chariot, ignoring Katherine's glare.

Working quickly, I picked up the wheel and used my inherited powers to connect it back to the chariot, then did the same with the other one.

Since I wasn't a competitor, I wassn't allowed to keep it together for them, so I instucted Katherine to keep them attached and do that only as she got in the chariot and took the control I had over the wheels.

Quickly, they were off again as I went back up into the stands.

They quickly caught up to T.J and Spirit because Kaherine had control of making the wheels go faster rather than nails and bolts.

I watched as T.J stared at Katherine and Daemond, his mouth hanging open, as they got ahead of him.

And they're back in the running!
Live, Love, Laugh

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:18 am
Camulaeus says...

Fergus

"Do you watch many sporting events?" Aura asked. She had resumed her seat and was casually leaning back against the stands. Two days ago I would of avoided the subject of sports with a savage desperation, as I was less athletically inclined than a lame tortoise.

"Not really" I shrugged, feeling more comfortable with Aura then ever. "I'm more of a book than TV person"

Aura nodded, before turning back to the race. It looked like Spirit and T.J were being passed by Katherine and Daemond. Aura was screaming something again, but I could barely make it out over the sounds of cheering. All voices combined into one massive beast of senseless noise.

Even I was impressed as I watched Katherine's chariot pull ahead, though I could see that it wouldn't last long. The wheels were already shaking like crazy, and Katherine's speed was waning.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart