z

Young Writers Society

Alternate World: Faery Wars.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:19 am
ummcowsareawesome says...

The expression of the normal elfs face was lauphable at that piont so i did, and then i began to plot ways to get him.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:31 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

even a small smile began to form on my normaly emotionless face.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:39 am
Jiggity says...

Way to run off with the story, you two. Identify who you are, then beneath that place installment.
~Thorontur~ (im moving into first-person mode)

I was utterly confused and as the two strange elf-like commoners conversed more than a little angry. "Silence!" I yelled "You, the man who touched me, who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing here?! And you, silly girl,-- why you were ment to be my first kill!!" I said sulkily.
Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm down, afterall I was an Elven Prince and I must needs be gracious lest I bring shame on my House. As I relaxed, I studied the odd pair closely...and for the first time noticed something was wrong with them...something unnatural. But before I could reach any conclusions, the sound of a boisterous, and large cavalcade of dwarves reached my ears. So near to the Elven capital!!! I caught my breath with excitement; here was the adventure I so desired.

I turned and faced the east, where the news was coming from, with fire in my eyes.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:34 pm
Myth says...

At the sound of voices Lilith woke with a start. Great, I won't get a wink of sleep now!

Down below were three figures, two the same as before and a newcomer who was much shorter than the others.

"... And you, silly girl - why you were meant to be my first kill!" one of them said, rather angrily she thought.

That voice! At once she shifted into a bat form and clung upside down on the branch. She knew that voice from hearing it while spying on an Elf the magicians wanted dead. This was her victim, and to think she was going to have an early kill!

Suddenly she heard the deep growl-like voices of dwarves and readied herself for the kill...
.: ₪ :.

'...'

375 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:53 pm

turning to face the elf, again i said "who are you to demand silence and who are you too demand my name?"

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

798 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:19 am
Jiggity says...

~Thorontur
Hearing the strange elf speak, nay, command me, made me furious. There was no time,howver, to put him in his place, instead i turned to him:"There is a large company of dwarves heading this way, I cannot defeat them on my own..." I hesitated than swallowed my pride, "will you help me?"

As I waited for a response, I lifted my blade in readiness. And all of a sudden; I felt a rush of homesickness wash over me, in that moment the desire for glory faded under an onslaught of memories, memories of home.

The dwarves drew nearer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:31 am
Sponson Light says...

On a completely different tangent. The world is large enough to hold multiple stories.

Character name: Orimmdar Mul'gur
Race: Troll
Position: Basic Grunt of the Scout Force 114
Sex: Male
Eyes: Red
Height: 6'7''
Hair: Stubby and black
Weapons: 1 Handed Short Sword + 2 Handed Spear
Racial Trait: Trolls have fast regeneration and are tough.

"Look at dem", Orimm pointed out the infantry of Dwarves.
Mkva'sh looked at Orimm, "I'll head back towards are camp to inform them of the Dwarves' decision to move to attack."
"Ill keep a closer watch."
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:08 am

"fine, what about her" isaid pointing to her over my shoulder, and drawing my daggers at the same time. "I will help you now, but lets have a little talk after shall we?"

798 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:34 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Thorontur
I nodded my head in thanks, and turned to ask the girl the same question, only to find her gone! "Where the bloody hell did she go!" I hissed, quietly so as not to give our position away. "She must have been a traitor!"
To this the other said nothing.
I turned and was met with a fresh breeze, carrying on it the stench of unwashed dwarf...and something else. My lips drew back from my face, as I bared my teeth in a show of ferocity. "Do you smell that?" I asked, moving into the shadows as I spoke. I sheathed my sword, unslung my bow; strung it and drew in one motion. Hearing nothing I looked over to the elf, whose face had blanched:
"its Troll" he said.
It took a moment for that to penetrate but when it did i felt the blood leave my face, undoubtedly fleeing; hot on the heels of my courage. "Whose side are they on?" I said fearfully.
"that, is what were about to find out" came the reply.

375 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:59 am

the first short dwarf came running around the corner in full battle gear waving his axe wildly, i quickly threw one of my daggers passing through his left eye and out the otherside of his head, leaving him twitching on the floor kicking up dirt. Drawing my rapier, i began to walk toward the rest of the dwarves, then turning that into a sprint.

16 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:27 am

-yebba-(i am zelithon on a diffrent user, again)

"Ew i hate dwarfs there so salty" the snobby elf jumped and turned to look at me, for i was behind him. "i suppose i could help" i shrugged. The elf just faught the dwarfs who had reached us, i pulled out scyith (i did not want to tuoch the disgusting dwarfs) and began parting the dwarfs heads from there bodys. "why are we fighting them again?"

798 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:52 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Thorontur~
The first dwarf died with surprising quickness, and all too suddenly the battle was joined. I stayed back, firing arrow after arrow, hitting more often then missing; saturating the grass with blood. The other elf, somewhat suicidely, was in the thick of it, swaying and ducking, thrusting and hacking; dealing death to the bearded little bastards, with an unnerving smile on his face. He cleared a circle of space and weaved a barrier of death around him, with precision and skill. It wasnt long, however, before the numbers began to tell, the dwarven archers began firing in my direction, and the battle began to turn in their favour.

My arms were trembling from the strain of using the bow and from nausea; blood and death seemed to surround me. Dropping my bow, I turned from conventional weaponry and looked to my sorcerous talents, instead. Cupping my hand, I whispered a few words in the Old tongue...and nothing happened. I was bathed in sweat; completly unprepared for the reality of war, the din of clanging blades and the roar, the screams of pain distracted me but I had to concentrate! I closed my eyes, took deep breaths and thought of: Flame, of heat, of the roar and crackle of fire, of the beautiful and hypnotic dance; the wavering, flickering flame... and suddenly it was no longer in his mind, but in reality, cupped in his palm. Flushed with succes, I turned and threw a ball of fire; the resounding explosion that followed was totally unexpected, making me clap my hands to my sensitive ears in pain...

The smoke cleared, bodies were everywhere, the silence was deafening.
I felt a mix of emotions at that point; triumph for having succeeded, guilt and horror at causing such death, such destruction and overall I felt...empty. I began to look around, increasingly frantic as there was no sign of my companion...then there was movement! I watched as the other elf picked himself up, brushing himself off, and looking remarkaly unharmed after such an episode. I thought nothing of this, however, being too flushed with relief.

I ran over to him, I didnt know what to expect but whatever it was, it differed form what I got; a cold reception. In hindsight maybe nearly killing him made him a wee bit angry. "Quickly, lets go" he said.

"W-w-what, Why!!!" I stammered, disconcerted and surprised.

"Because that was only the scouting party..."

16 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:29 am

"what am i, chopped liver?" these men were getting on my nerves for acting like i was invisable and useless.

375 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:01 am

"oh yes and another thing to add too the fact that that was just a scouting party is, what about the trolls?"

16 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:32 am

I was both officaily anoyed and officaily ignored, and since my attentionspan is short i tend to lose interest quikly in that which does not involve me. After glaring at them both i began to amble off.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling