Young Writers Society

Pre-Winged Ones

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*I love you forsakin!*

Kaylee:

Giving a frown I scooped up water and splashed it on everything that bled. I had to think. Looking around I tried to find...something. I squinted my eyes to see up the mountain. There are some caves up there from whenever things like this used to happen. But we were all so hurt, I don't know how we'll get up there. Not to mention that the rescues still didn't know how to fly.

But we had to try. "Okay." I said with authority. "Everyone get cleaned up and then if you can, we need to collect food, water, fire wood, and anything else we can find. And then..." I paused for a second and pointed up the mountain to one of our caves "And then we need to get up there." They all looked at me as if I was insane.

"We have to." I said with tears in the back of my throat.

Cole:

"We have to." Kaylee said, sounding like she was going to cry. Everyone began cleaning themselves up. I looked up at the mountain and gave a sigh. Pulling off my shirt I began splashing water onto the bite. It stung, but I guess that's a good thing.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I looked over at Ellie. She looked away quickly and blushed when she realized I was watching her watching me. I let out chuckle and pulled my shirt back on.

Standing up, I smiled and offered my hand to her. She accepted it and I pulled her up. "We're going to start searching for some stuff." I picked Ellie up and put her on my back. Without another word to the others, I headed into the woods as Ellie clung to my back.
Live, Love, Laugh

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:15 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Zuri

We didn't need to say anything. Jalen just wrapped her arm around my waist and lifted me off the ground a few inches so I wouldn't drag. She hardly had to do anything to lift me. Gathering my breath again, I called out.

"K-kaylee?"

"Yeah, Zuri?"

It took a minute for me to regather my strength. "Have you seen any citrus fruits lately?"

She frowned. "A few. Why?"

"I'm going to need one, stat." All the speech leaves my chest heavy, and my brain feels like it's pressing against my skull. I grimace.

"Uh, sure."

I don't bother to nod. She knows I heard. I just close my eyes and try not to go to sleep, no matter how tempting that is. I think of lemons and limes, grapefruits and oranges, and try to imagine being better.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

*Love you too!*

~Ellie May~

I couldn't help but laugh as Cole walked into the forest, me on his back trying to hold on like a monkey. He was so nice and funny. I didn't really see how he resembled Ashton, other than the appearance. Ash had been mean at times, and he didn't seem to care about me much. His mom was the nice one, and I saw where Cole got it.

"You know, I'll be just fine walking," I suggested, not really wanting to get down. I didn't want to go anywhere without him, but if it was putting strain on him, I didn't want to hurt him.

Get a grip, you don't even know him.

As true as that may be, I felt like I'd known him for a long time, even though I'd just met him.

You're crazy.

Maybe I was... maybe I wasn't.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:08 am
Dragonet says...

AJ~

I heard Zuri tell Kaylee that she needed citrus fruit, and fast. It was an odd request but I guess we all had our had-to-have things in life, besides I remembered flying past an orange tree when I was looking for firewood. I stepped forward, "I'll get some." Without waiting for an answer, I spun on my heal and flew off in that direction.

When I came back, I had an arm load of oranges. It was the season for the fruits and the tree's branches were bursting with them. After I gave an orange to Zuri, I passed them out to everyone else before taking on for myself and plopping down beside Zuri. Pressing my thumbs into the thick skin, I ripped it off to reveal the sweet food underneath. Jalen seemed to have already peeled the skin for Zuri, as she was digging into the food viciously. I bit down into the orange. And I smiled, orange juice dripping from the corners of my mouth, the fruit was unlike any orange that I'd ever tasted from the store, maybe it was because of the island. "Mmm." I said, closing my eyes as I took another juicy bite. "It's so sweet." I think Zuri was to weak to speak, but she smiled at me and I understood that she was saying that she was agreeing with me.

"Ok everyone." Kaylee announced. "We're going to have to get up there," she pointed to the cave that was on top of a rocky cliff. "If you think you're strong enough to, then please help the injured ones and the new ones." Cole grabbed Ellie delicately by the waste and rose to the air. Kaylee and Blake each took a hold on one of Mitch's hands to steady him as he cautiously took flight. I watched as Caroline looked up from something that she was doing to Michael, and helped him take off. And Corbin and Ester got on either side of Jalen and worked together to lift her up.

Zuri looked kind of nervous and alone without her friend. Now, we were the only ones left on the ground. I stood up and looked down at her, unsure of what to do. I wanted to help by carrying her, and I knew I was strong enough to do it, but I didn't know if that would make her feel uncomfortable or awkward. I reached up and scratched my jet black hair at the base of my neck, trying to put my words together, something I was not good at. "Um...do you mind if I...carry you?" She looked up and shrugged. I took that as a "sure" and bent over to scoop her up.

She was unbelievably light, and I pushed off with no problem. As I soared through the sky I tried not to concentrate to much on the girl that was in my arms. But it was kind of hard when she was grasping on to my shirt for dear life. Her hair was as white as mine was black, which is something to say, and she had blue eyes. Her build was an unhealthy skinny, but she looked full of life and maybe even a little stubborn if pushed to it. I could feel the pulse from her chest and I felt my own heart beat sync into her pattern.

Just as we were a quarter's distance to the mouth of the cave, I was yanked backward with a powerful gust of wind. I hugged Zuri to my chest as I tumbled backwards, and managed not to drop her. When I finally got control of my flight again, I looked around to see that Ellie's hurricane had come, but it was more than just a hurricane. It was a thunderstorm, tornado, hail storm, hurricane, and just about any other storm, all in one.
"Crap." I muttered, we were in trouble.
Last edited by Dragonet on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

57 Reviews

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:31 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Zuri

I swallowed hard. "AJ?"

"Uh, Zur, now's not really-"

"Let go. Real quick."

He blinked.

"I think I can fly now," I explained. It was true, but my breath was slipping. He'd better do it quick. Slowly, I felt his arms uncurl. I bit my lip. I'd flown in the labs, but I'd never been out in the open, and definitely not in some mega-storm. I squeezed my eyes shut and spread my wings out to their full extent, swinging them forward, back, forward back. It was like treading water, but in air. I laughed out loud.

"AJ! I'm flying!" I squealed. He managed a laugh or two before a crack of thunder knocked me ajar and a little charge of electricity jolted by AJ's side.

"Let's fly, okay?" I nodded and let him take my hand again.

Flying was incredible. Cold, sharply refreshing air slipped into the joints and nooks of my wings that I'd always kept bunched up tight, and light blue down was fluttering away from the tips of the feathers. I almost giggled again, but the hard winds were angling me the wrong way, and I was in need of more citrus- my chest felt heavy and I was getting lightheaded, short of breath. I could see blue in my peripherals, which was a rather weird feeling. The doctors had always told us to keep them in, that wings made us mutants and freaks. I'd never realized they were so... big. Maybe not as big as some of the other's, but they were, by my guess, close to ten feet across.

"Zuri! Up there!" AJ had to shout, but I heard him. He nodded to the cave, and I surged forward. I wasn't sure how I stacked up, but there was something to be said about my aerodynamics, definitely. We banked sharply, and then rolled into the cave, both of us soaked. I immediately wrapped my wings around myself- I was wearing all white, for god's sake. AJ crawled over.

"You a'right, Zur?"

I nodded and gulped down air. I finally managed a sentence.

"Got any more oranges?"
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:47 am
Yuriiko says...

OMG.

I'm angry. I wrote above a thousand characters and something went wrong and it all disappeared. I---I...

*screams*
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

84 Reviews

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:10 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Aw. That totally sucks Yuriiko...I'm so glad people are posting though!

Kaylee:

We finally made it into the cave, a little wet from the rain that had started. We passed around some more oranges. Pushing my hair out of my face, I denied the orange and lay down, ready to go to sleep. Today was a tiring day, and even though we had no idea what time it was we all looked pretty beat.

Cole:

We reached the cave and I set Ellie down. When I looked out into the storm I couldn't help but start laughing uncontrolably. My stomach hurt so bad from it I dropped to the ground, still cracking up. The others had no idea why I was laughing, I didn't even know, but they all began laughing too. I guess my laugh is contagious.

I was laughing so hard I stopped breathing and ran out of air, which turned my laugh into something silent and me trying to gasp for air. "Cole!" Ellie yelled. Grabbing me by the arm, Ellie sat ontop of me and held me still "Cole, calm down." After about ten seconds I stopped laughing and was gasping for more air.

Reaching up, I moved Ellie off of my chest and set her next to me. When I sat up I scooped up my shoulder length, wet hair and put it in a ponytail, though some pieces were to short and hung in my face. I reached out and grabbed Ellie's hand. Kissing her fingers I said "Thanks Ellie."

Looking back out I gave a small chuckle and said to no one in particular "Well, we won't be going anywhere for a while. Good new is, nothing will be coming up her either." I gave a big yawn and said "Wow, I'm tired." Laying back, I held my arms open for Ellie. It would be okay if she didn't accept the gesture, since we did just meet, but it would also be a little upsetting.
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:47 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hey guys, I think I'm going to drop this. For a while it wasn't sending me the notifications, and now I have no clue whatsoever is going on. I hope you don't get too mad, but I haven't even been in it for a long time anyways. Sorry. :|
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:11 pm
Dragonet says...

Nooooo! I can understand, and I don't hate you, but I'm still sad :(
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

84 Reviews

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Okay everyone, Ultra says that we can either just keep her characters with us or we can just get rid of them. It's up to us. Please post what you think we should do in the DT so we don't get overflow in this SB.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 am
fictionfanatic says...

POST!!!!!!!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 am
MilkNCookies says...

Need another person?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:56 am
fictionfanatic says...

Errrr....actually, we just lost three so yeah, I think so. And maybe you'll get more people to post!
Live, Love, Laugh

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:09 am
MilkNCookies says...

Thanks 4 letting me in!

Name: Blossom (Marie as she introduces herself, why, no body knows =/)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Shy, in the corner. she does best with people like her. She seems helpless, but can turn deadly with a weapon(Even a stick,another survival thing). She's stronger than her slim build revivals.

Flaws: Doesn't know how to fly, or fight(Weird, but yes). But she can be taught.

Good: Trained in survival by her father, who lived in a desert for a year.

emotion: excited for a new adventure.

mate: no one.

History: Her parents left one night and she was captured by scientists. She doesn't know why they took her, cuz she was normal. chemicals actually gave her wings(Painfully). She was thrown onto the island(Painfully) with the cuffs. When she was young, she was blessed, or really, accidentally cursed, by a sorcerrer. He had poor English, and while meaning to say 'May you be shielded from pain', he said 'May you be a shield from pain). She feels everyone around her's emotional pain, making it so she can find people easily.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

57 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:40 pm
Junglelover says...

fictionfanatic wrote:Errrr....actually, we just lost three so yeah, I think so. And maybe you'll get more people to post!

Is one of the persons that your talking about me? I sorry I haven't been posting! I would of, but I didn't now what to, and this last week I've been on a roof for like 11 hours, and I'll be there today too......I think.
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox