z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones: Ruscuers-Open-Not accepting new people

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 am
fictionfanatic says...

Congratulations! You've survived and you are now safe after all those years of hiding, avoiding, and fighting for your lives. But now that you are safe, what about any others? There a whole bunch of other Winged Ones that are being held by the scientists. You find it your duty to help them. To save them. To rescue them from their fate.

But you also need to shut down the system. Destroy it. Another thing, fight for your rights! "All men are created equel" Whites, blacks, hispanics, etc all have their rights. So why not us?

On top of this you have to do something dreaded by teenagers everywhere; go to school.
Characters that were part of the first SB, Winged Ones, will be part of the group trying to save the others and shut down the system. All new people will be the people that are being rescued. Here's what the rescues do...

You've heard that people are trying to save you. People like you. People who will understand you. You do whatever you can to avoid being sent to the island. Your rescuers are the only ones keeping your hopes up. You go through testing, being treated with cruelty, and your past.
Character Profile: (People who were in the first SB, Winged Ones, just copy and paste your profile form the first SB)
Spoiler! :
Name:

Age(Teenager please):

Appearance:

Picture:

What do your wings look like?:

Picture:

What does your mask look like?:

Picture:

Personality:

Feelings towards people that left you on island?:

Dislikes:

Strengths:

Flaws:

Up for love?:
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Kaylee

Age(Teenager please): 18 almost 19

Appearance: Kaylee has long red hair and blue green eyes. Her skin is smooth and slightly tanned. She has markings on her cheekbones. Her lips are full and red. Kaylee's eyelashes are long and thick. She has scars on her leg that look like bite marks form a battle with wolves.

Lately she's been wearing skinny jeans or mini skirts with flipflops and cowboy boots. She's also been wearing bright tanktops and hoodies.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What do your wings look like?: Large and gold

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What does your mask look like?: Gold and lacey

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kaylee is sort of like the leader of the group. She gets very motherly sometimes but she also can get firm. She will act upon what she believes in. She's outgoing and not afraid to show it. Her opinion is her opinion and few people can change her mind.

Feelings towards people that left you on island?: She's fine with them. Without them she never would have aquired her family or learned how cruel people can be

Likes:Bright colors. People. Planning. Swimming. Singing. Taking on a role of a leader. Her family

Dislikes:Being alone for to long. Laziness. Silence for long periods of time. People trying to hurt her family.

Strengths:Being a leader. Singing. Fighting. Defending herself. She is likable

Flaws:Can be very stubborn at times. Gets agitated easy.

Up for love?: She's with Blaise
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:58 am
Dragonet says...

I didn't know we still had masks. What are they even for? I don't think we should have them because people would be looking at us weird if we walked around school with masks on.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 am
Apple says...

I thought we were still deciding things. I thought we were starting when school began? Did I miss something? Also, I'm going to be gone for a while (week) and I won't be able to reach a computer, so keep me alive if you do start.
I spy!

25 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:01 am
Dragonet says...

I was wondering the same things.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:14 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

*tackles* I call new girl! *sighs with relief*

Name: Zuri (Short for Azura)

Age(Teenager please): 15

Appearance: Her hair is white. Not white-blond, white. She has blue eyes and freckles, and is rather petite.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What do your wings look like?: Cobalt blue, with lighter shades spread throughout. Think picture, but bigger; when she unfolds them, they're nearly eight feet across.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What does your mask look like?: Silver curlicues on black, ties around with black ribbon.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's nearly always hyper, and quirky, but lovable. She comes off as vulnerable and sweet, but she's very tough and very reflexive, and if upset, violent as anything. Drives the scientists absolutely off the wall.

Feelings towards scientists?: A-Hate. B-Rage. C- I would kill them all if I had the chance and power. D- all of the above. Ding, ding, ding! It's d!

Dislikes: crows, heat, bright bright light, mornings, cramped spaces.

Strengths: incredible flyer, fast, good fighter, quick thinking, loyal.

Flaws: a bit clumsy, not very strong, bad aim, bad under pressure, gets lightheaded.

Up for love?: Yesh.

I hope this is alright.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

84 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:56 am
fictionfanatic says...

THIS SB IS BEING PUT ON HOLD!
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm
Calligraphy says...

I know this is on hold, but I want to get over with making my profile. THANKYOU!!

Name: Michel Webb

Appearance: Like dude in picture, exactly. (Far right, purple) Well, he usually wears muscle shirts and black skinny jeans in the summer time. He also has a black leather jacket you will see him wearing at school. Plus, a lip piercing and a purple dragon on his upper back/ shoulder.

Picture
Spoiler! :
:
d282050b96442229bffd715ca104e9a71236735820_full.jpg
d282050b96442229bffd715ca104e9a71236735820_full.jpg (54.04 KiB) Viewed 683 times

What do your wings look like? : Like hers. They are 14 feet across though. And the same shade of purple as the first picture.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
dragon-fairy-purple-wings-31000.jpg
dragon-fairy-purple-wings-31000.jpg (199.75 KiB) Viewed 683 times

What does your mask look like?: Just goes around his eyes black.

Personality: Is full of himself. Loves showing off in front of girls. He doesn’t stretch the truth a lot though. Laughs easily. Only is fit because it makes him look good. Loves to party and people.

Feelings towards people that left you on island?: He isn't really sure sometimes he hates them sometimes he can understand them.

Likes: He loves music, girls, outside stuff, being the center of attention, Blake (his girlfriend), flying (he is a very good trick flier, and when he first started to develop wings studied how birds to perfect his almost perfect flying. He was good at it from the start.) and roughhousing.

Dislikes: when someone is hurts a girl or someone weaker than themselves - sad or serious moments (he usually leaves when he can't take it anymore) - his past - ...

Strengths: He has really fast reflexes, and is a very good at flying.

Flaws: He would kill himself to save another...he goes into a fight without thinking, He can’t be quiet it just isn’t his nature. (I don't mean like talking quiet I mean like fidgeting.)

Up for love?: He has a girlfriend, Blake ... you may see him flirting with other girls though.. It just is his nature. He isn't really interested, at all.

Thanks again, A. S.
Last edited by Calligraphy on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:32 am
ForsakenAngel says...

ok, so on hold, but before I forget...

Name:Ellie May

Age(Teenager please):13, going on 14 in a few months

Appearance: like the picture

Picture: this is the new one after she they went to the mall, if you want me to put before too, just tell me!
Spoiler! :
not the nose piercing:Imageand she has her lip pierced. Tattoo located on the left side of her stomach(large): Image

What do your wings look like?: like the picture.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What does your mask look like?:black with long black feathers

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: she keeps to myself most of the time, and does not speak, but when she does, she has really helpful things to say.--after she is kind, caring, and she loves to interact with people.

Feelings towards people that left you on island?: she absolutely hate the people who put her on the island, but makes friends with the people from the island.

Likes: sitting by the waterfall and looking up at the sky at night

Dislikes: being forced to be grouped with others (she--was--anti social)

Strengths:when she am left alone, she can see other things that are not near me (like seeing the future only she can see things that are happening now, but far off away from her.)

Flaws: she is am antisocial, all of her family was killed by the people who put her on the island.

Up for love?: yes (OK, she still is if you want to make love rivalry, just to shake it up a bit and make it interesting!)

----------------------***************************************************----------------------

Name: Ashton Wale

Age(Teenager please): 15

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :
Imagehe has a tattoo of a pair of wings on his back.

Personality: Keeps his emotions well hidden, misses his brother, which was a winged one and was taken from their family. Now, he wishes he could kill all the scientists.

Likes: the winged ones, his brother, his family, girls who aren't annoying.

Dislikes: the scientists, annoying people, showing his feelings.

Strengths: skilled in combat, and carries around a machete

Flaws: Doesn't know if he's really ready to kill his own kind.

Up for love?: I was thinking that sense Ellie didn't have anyone, Ashton could be her match.--after, just like Ellie, if you want to make rivalry, go ahead!
Last edited by ForsakenAngel on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

25 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 am
Dragonet says...

Name: Corbin

Appearance:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/boy% ... an.jpg?o=1

Wings: Molasses brown and feathery, with pale, creamy tips.

mask: just a plain, regular mask made out of leather. Not the sleek, black leather; the old fashioned, tan kind. (Why do we have masks?)

Personality: He loves everybody and everything. He can always find good in everyone. He's quirky and fun. He is also slightly mischievous. He likes teasing people but it's a fun, brotherly teasing,and he doesn't let it get annoying.
He's like a brother to everyone. At times he's like a big brother that you could tell anything to. And sometimes he acts like a fun-loving, teasing little brother. He calls all the winged ones "his family".

Feelings towards the people that left him on the island: He can't understand why anyone would want to do this to him, considering that he's never done anything to hurt them. He sees the scientist as sick minded people, and everyone else as being brain washed.

Likes: Nature; it soothes him and makes him feel at home. Night; it gives him time to be alone and think.

Dislikes: Bullies and bossy people. These are the only people that he can't stand.

Strengths: He's really, really good with animals. He has great eye sight. Musically talented; he has a pipe that he loves to play. He is as quiet as a mouse, he can sneak up on anyone. He loves to eavesdrop on people and doesn't consider it wrong.

Flaws: Can't sing a note for the life of him. He walks a lot so his wings aren't as strong as they should be. He can't fly as long or as fast as everyone else.

Up for love: Nope. Ester is his girlfriend.

..........................................................................................................................................

Name: A.J.

Appearance/wings:
Spoiler! :

mask: Black with really dark blue flames.

Personality: He is a very, very quiet person. He really doesn't talk that much, he uses body language most of the time. It's not that he wants to be left alone, he actually likes to be in groups and with friends. And he doesn't mind chatty people, it's just that he, himself, doesn't like to talk.

Feelings toward humans: He hates them. He hates all humans, even Ashton. (I thought that could shake things up a bit) A couple months ago some scientist and FBI came to his house to capture him, but he escaped while his parents fought them off. Unfortunately his parents were killed, and now A.J. longs for revenge.

Likes: Cars. He loves cars. He learned how to drive when he was 7 years old. His dad was a race car driver, and A.J. was going to follow in his footsteps but the scientist captured him.
He also likes kids and animals.
Dislikes: Humans. Not knowing things, he makes it his job to know about all the latest rumors.

Strengths: He has super fast reflexes. Also he has high pain tolerance.
Flaws: His right arm got injured when he was race car driving with his dad and got in a crash. Because of therapy, he is now able to use his hand but it is still very weak.

Up for love?: yea
Last edited by Dragonet on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:39 am
Apple says...

<You go for a while and then everything changes! Teaches me to visit my Grandparents. :lol: And well, as everyone was posting their profiles, I'm gonna do the same for 'lil Ester!>

Name: Ester Alice

Age(Teenager please): 16 turning 17.

Appearance:

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What do your wings look like?:

Picture:
Spoiler! :

What does your mask look like?:

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality:Ester is tough, sarcastic and hates "girliness". She is often thought to be a "joker" and "Clown" because of her bubbly personality. When she wants to be, she can appear innocent and harmless, though she is as every bit as powerful as everyone else.

Feelings towards people that left you on island?: Ester doesn't hate anyone, not even the people that left her stranded on the island. She doesn't like what they have done and madly dislikes the fact that they are trying to kill her. Ester is more confused at to why they did it, not hating them for leave her to die.

Likes: Ester loves dogs and colourful things, most popularly bandana's. She is always wearing a bandana no matter the occasion. Though she hates to admit is, Ester loves to dance, whether that be slow dancing or break dancing. She doesn't show anyone, and prefers to hide it from others. Fighting is another one of her passions, she loves to flip and jump, connecting punches and kicks to others.

Dislikes:Ester hates rats and foul oudors. She will often scream is she's anything that resembles a flea ridden rodent. Boring days and people often annoy her, and she often doesn't associate herself with them.

Strengths:Ester is a very fast flyer, able to do numerous flips and turns when she is air born. Ester doesn't hate it that she has wings, in fact she loves the feeling of wind wrippling through her wings. She is also a good figher, spending most of her time practicing punching and kicking. Ester isn't very strong though and can easily be beaten down, if it wasn't for her speed she would have been dead long ago.

Flaws: When she was younger she destroyed some of the cartliage in her knee resulting in pain shooting up her legs when ever she throws herself into a run, or sprints for a long period of time. She tends to hide and ignore the pain, but it's there and it's killing her.

Up for love?: He he nooooo! Corbin is the only one for her. :D

<EDIT: Got a second character, though this ones is different. :wink: She's a surprise and will definitely cause some fire! Inside joke...thing, sorry.>

Name: Bianca Manolo

Age(Teenager please): Sixteen

Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anim ... onde-1.jpg

Personality: Bianca is beautiful on the outside though on the inside she is down right nasty. Taking advantage of people, she has practically every guy wrapped around her finger. When she walks down the halls, you know it! If she pays you any attention; run for your dear life! Bianca can break even the toughest person with her criticizing words. People usually avoid Bianca and when I mean people, I mean girls - excluding the small group of girls which follow her. To guys, Bianca is the most sweetest girl who would do anything to please anyone, of course that's only an act.

-The Latest Fashion
-Shopping
-Dresses
-Dolly Magazine
-Make up

Dislikes:
-Annoying girls
-Nerds
-Computers
-Insects

Strengths: Bianca is a master of charm. She can entice anyone - males - into doing what ever she wants them to do. It's as if she has the under control and many jealous females often comment upon this. Though many people think Bianca's bra size is bigger then her brain size, she is actually quite smart. Bianca doesn't like to point it out, though she has a way with science something she inherited from her Father and Mother.

Flaws: She is too cocky. Bianca thinks so much of herself that if she can't do something she'll push to she can and often that is for the worst. For example, when wanting a guy and he wanted another girl, Bianca almost killed the poor girl to get what she wanted. Bianca doesn't know when to stop and that is her largest downfall. She cannot show compassion and people resent her for it.

Up for love?: No. I have a plan for her... :smt029
Last edited by Apple on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I spy!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:29 pm
Junglelover says...

Can I join?
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

84 Reviews

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jungle, this SB is closed for now. Things are still up for discussion but I'll let you know.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I've made a new DT for this SB...

topic67411.html
Live, Love, Laugh

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm
ultraviolet says...

Here's Blake's profile.

Name: Blake Amalie (I forgot she even had a last name. hehe :P )

Appearance: Pretty much like the picture, but always wears black of some sort.

Spoiler! :

What do your wings look like?: The picture, minus the girl.

Spoiler! :

What does your mask look like?: Like the picture.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Is tough and a loner. Tends to drift off and is often found, hours later, deep in the woods practicing her fighting skills. When made to be in a group, is more than willing to let someone else lead, as long as said person is not overly bossy, and is willing to listen to everyone's ideas.

Feelings toward people that left you on island?: She doesn't want anything to do with them. She hates them and never wants to see them again.

Likes: Being steady on the ground, hand to hand combat, and wolves.

Dislikes: Large groups of people, perky morning people, flying for extended amounts of time.

Strengths: Good fighter, especially hand to hand with her twin daggers. Stays calm under pressure. Can't be tempted by wealth or power. Has a high pain tolerance.

Flaws: Doesn't trust easily. Finds it hard to make friends, and naturally distances self from people. Is uncoordinated in the air, and can't focus when flying for a long time.

Up for love: Is in a complicated relationship with Michel.

History: (I found it kind of necessary to add this.) When she was younger she lived with her mother and sister. Both she and her sister became winged ones, but while her sister is a natural flyer, and has a power, Blake is horrible at flying, and grows sick when in the air for extended amounts of time. She hated being a winged one, and would do anything to become normal. She turned in her sister because she heard that they brought mature winged ones somewhere to die, and was hoping that by giving up her sister they would spare her. They did not.

They brought her right to the island, where she lived for a few years with the other winged ones, always sort of an outsider, but more by choice than anything. While there she managed to get twin daggers, and became an expert hand-to-hand fighter, better than any of the boys even. Then the wolves started to attack. When they showed up a new winged one was brought to the island. Ellie, Blake's little sister. Now all's forgiven and all of the winged ones know her sister.

She and Michel are in a relationship, but it gets rocky at times. She thinks he's too spontaneous and that he doesn't think things through--which he doesn't--and he thinks that she's too serious, and won't let herself have enough fun--which she won't. And while they've had their fair share of fights, in the end they balance each other out and all is well. For now.

-Can I have a winged one character that is being experimented on by the scientists?-
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides